2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

Chicky's "Girl-Powered" 2.4 S/C'd Adventures

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 09:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You just gotta bend it out towards the front of the car, go easy tho. A pry bar might help but be sure to do it just enough to make it fit.

I'm pretty sure that last thing is the starter, the manifold should fit with it installed.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:28 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Yeah the a/c lines are only aluminum, they can be gently bent out of the way with no adverse effects.

The starter shouldn't be in your way at all?
Old 01-08-2014, 02:53 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I just kinda shoved it in there. Everything is real tight in that area for me. Auto problems lol. I don't think you'd need to modify anything to get it to fit
Old 01-08-2014, 06:09 PM

I used an LSJ refrigerant line. This is one of those things nobody told me about before I started. Luckily I had a LSJ donor car at my use.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:16 PM

Well after several of you telling me the same thing, I ended up getting that darn a/c line out of the way, manifold bolted down, intercooler pump & bracket installed (leaving wiring for later) and nowww I'm trying to go about changing the tensioner and idler pulleys. I have googled the hell out of this with no success in finding any pictures or detailed descriptions as to how to go about this. I am using Beck's guide as a standby for an basic clarifications but a lot of the problems I'm having aren't specified there so....

ANY advice or guidance would be appreciated at this point.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 PM

Tensioner has a single bolt through the middle (your old tensioner, will be an idler pulley after).

The new one (LSJ Idler) has a small single bolt that attaches to the LSJ alternator/tensioner bracket also. There is an access hole through the body on the right side, look for a samll oval that points right to the bolt you need to remove, you can put the socket on it from the wheel well and take it out that way. Don't drop it into the frame rail, it's difficult to fish it back out . The alternator bracket has a couple small bolts holding it on and then the longer LSJ alternator bolts. The tensioner
Old 01-08-2014, 09:21 PM

congrats on the swap and good luck with everything
Old 01-08-2014, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by BlkWdoSS
congrats on the swap and good luck with everything
Thank you so much, means a lot! And luck, hell yea I'mma need that lol
Old 01-08-2014, 09:35 PM

Damn it why can't I delete my fudged posts? GRRRR (disregard this just editing a post I couldn't delete for some reason) lol

Last edited by CobaltChicky88; 01-08-2014 at 10:10 PM. Reason: can't delete
Old 01-08-2014, 10:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good to see this coming together! I would stick with a 2.9 pulley if I were you, Good efficiency and power. are you going to run dual pass and option B?
Old 01-08-2014, 10:13 PM

Originally Posted by ThexGovenor
Good to see this coming together! I would stick with a 2.9 pulley if I were you, Good efficiency and power. are you going to run dual pass and option B?
I'm trying to do everything necessary to make this the best possible build it can be. So yes, I had read a little about both those things but know very little. Any insight you want to shine light on, if you could, would be openly accepted and appreciated. What will I need to do it and is there a good How-to to direct me through the process?

Oh and thanks! I'm quite excited to finally have it started! Haven't driven muh baby in weeks!
Old 01-08-2014, 10:40 PM

The dual pass allows the coolant (intercooler coolant) to only go through two laminovas before being sent back to the heat exchanger to cool down, which makes a big difference. The option B just constantly bleeds air from the system. Air in the coolant drastically lowers its efficiency. and there is a how to on here, its very easy to dual pass if you already have the manifold off the engine. just google how to dual pass cobalt ss. Hope that helps a bit.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:32 PM

Called down to LKQ and ordered in a BRAND NEW LSJ radiator fan + cooling reservoir to add to my install list. Got a pretty awesome deal on both.

Oh and I ordered a wideband through THMotorsports this morning, Hubert's a great guy So I'll be prepped for tune when the build is finished.

Alls left on the list of stuff I need:

Whatever remaining gauges are needed/recommended
Dual Pass Endplate
Option B kit

I've decided to go with this right off the bat because well... cooling is 'bueno' lol

Last edited by CobaltChicky88; 01-09-2014 at 04:33 PM. Reason: adding to list
Old 01-09-2014, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by CobaltChicky88

I would recommend a boost/vacuum gauge and an interceptor gauge (or equivalent)
Old 01-09-2014, 07:23 PM

Called down to LKQ and ordered in a BRAND NEW LSJ radiator fan + cooling reservoir to add to my install list. Got a pretty awesome deal on both.

Oh and I ordered a wideband through THMotorsports this morning, Hubert's a great guy So I'll be prepped for tune when the build is finished.

Dual Pass Endplate
Option B kit

I've decided to go with this right off the bat because well... cooling is 'bueno' lol
Good, they are also easy to do while the manifold is off.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:40 PM

Good, they are also easy to do while the manifold is off.
Just trying to find a good deal on both setups. Don't feel like trying to modify the stock endplate like some have suggested.
Old 01-09-2014, 08:55 PM

ZZP and OTTP have them priced pretty reasonable(dual pass). Also with the Option B, you can build your own but I would recommend buying them from a vendor as they have all the hoses and fittings you will need.
Old 01-09-2014, 09:03 PM

ZZP and OTTP have them priced pretty reasonable(dual pass). Also with the Option B, you can build your own but I would recommend buying them from a vendor as they have all the hoses and fittings you will need.
Unfortunately the ZZP ones are b/o'd right now and OTTP machines your stock plate which I feel weary about only because I like things to be "legit". Definitely getting the Opt B through a vendor though, don't wanna make any EXTRA trips to the parts store.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:06 PM

I run the OTTP Dual pass plate with no problems.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:18 PM

Dual Pass Endplate
Option B kit

I have a used but good condition ZZP dual-pass plate I could sell you, as long as you would be willing to ship me back the stock one also. Say $40 + your stock plate?
Old 01-09-2014, 10:25 PM

thats a great deal right there
Old 01-10-2014, 06:43 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ItalianJoe1
I have a used but good condition ZZP dual-pass plate I could sell you, as long as you would be willing to ship me back the stock one also. Say $40 + your stock plate?
Go with this^ grew price. Also remember to swap the cores around lol. I was running around with a "dual pass" and stock position cores for the longest time. The effects it had were weird
Old 01-10-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Twoozofjuice
Go with this^ grew price. Also remember to swap the cores around lol. I was running around with a "dual pass" and stock position cores for the longest time. The effects it had were weird
Amazing price. And believe me, I hopped on it. ;-) What's the best way you recommend for removing the cores? I understand they're massively fragile pieces and I just wanna make sure I don't eff it up.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:49 PM

Dual Intercooler plate is pretty schweet it actually passes the flow more efficiently rather than a once through and speeding through the heat exchanger. With the foreword mounted heat exchanger the extra one be watchful of bumps and stuff, a few of us have trashed one across the bottom. The ZZP Stealth Heat Exchanger was sort of the fix for that.

Doesn't need to be done, but I run shy of 150 most the time with the stock stuff, racks some nerves when you get in traffic and starts to get pretty bad.

Highly recommend not using a normal set of pliers or anything hard when pulling the cores.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by Legion
Dual Intercooler plate is pretty schweet it actually passes the flow more efficiently rather than a once through and speeding through the heat exchanger. With the foreword mounted heat exchanger the extra one be watchful of bumps and stuff, a few of us have trashed one across the bottom. The ZZP Stealth Heat Exchanger was sort of the fix for that.

Doesn't need to be done, but I run shy of 150 most the time with the stock stuff, racks some nerves when you get in traffic and starts to get pretty bad.

Highly recommend not using a normal set of pliers or anything hard when pulling the cores.
I was told nothing but good things about dual pass + option B. Hence why I am going with it asap. Manifold is off for the build already anyway so win/win.

I don't currently have an extra h/e but it's definitely on the "down the road" list.

Well then what DO you recommend for pulling them out? lol

Quick Reply: Chicky's "Girl-Powered" 2.4 S/C'd Adventures