2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

Hahn RaceCraft 2.4 Cobalt TurboSystem

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 11:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is the most exiting news I've seen in a while. I'm getting all ancy inside like christmas is coming..lol
Old 06-08-2007, 11:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mike25
i must give credit where credit is due.....you victory are indeed on top of a very big hill...but unlike yourself there are alot of other ss/sc drivers who are complete douchbags and think their cars are the greatest cobalts ever built ....it only takes someone with high hopes for the 2.4 to make a cobalt to top them all....what numbers are you looking at as far as hp/tq goes on your car?
Thanks man, this is what I ment. True there will still be fast 2.0 but I'm talking about the kids that mommy and daddy bought them the car and they think they are the ****! Thses are the guys I'm looking to knock over!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
These are the guys I'm looking to knock over!
A right hook has the same effect.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:08 AM

So if this is the equivalent of the Stage II kit for the Solstice, which is putting out 284 hp at the crank and 242 whp, even at a modest estimate of 225 whp for us ... we're looking at low 14, and maybe even mid-13, 1/4 miles...
And they ridiculous Stage Kits 3 and 4 already made for the solstice/sky..
Old 06-09-2007, 12:23 AM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 271 Likes on 184 Posts
i must give credit where credit is due.....you victory are indeed on top of a very big hill...but unlike yourself there are alot of other ss/sc drivers who are complete douchbags and think their cars are the greatest cobalts ever built ....it only takes someone with high hopes for the 2.4 to make a cobalt to top them all....what numbers are you looking at as far as hp/tq goes on your car?
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Thanks man, this is what I ment. True there will still be fast 2.0 but I'm talking about the kids that mommy and daddy bought them the car and they think they are the ****! Thses are the guys I'm looking to knock over!
I don't like those kind of people either, no matter what they drive.
As for my numbers we are looking at 750rwhp and about 600ft/lb tq.

Originally Posted by Dj_BuCa
A right hook has the same effect.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:26 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
o ok so youre the built for jbp i take it ?....i thought so but i wasnt completely sure...i dont see many posts about you on here
Old 06-09-2007, 12:26 AM

You are getting those numbers off the 2.0l, twin turbo? That's sick.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:41 AM

Bill Hahn Jr.!!!!! The only reason that i DID NOT buy a SS/SC is the TURBO SS, i give all due respect to the SS/SC and the lucky ones who have the turbo 2.2l, it is what it is, but its time for the 2.4 to get RESPECT. FINALLY THE 2.4L GETS UNLEASHED!!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 12:49 AM
Banned

woohoo im gonna go ask my grandpa for 4k tomorrow. lol i probly gotta wait till spring for income tax. if hahn can let me finance it or make payments that would be awsome. i didnt think installing this turbo would sound that simple from what ive read. 4k seems a bit high though maybe because they made it so simple for us thats why its so expensive.

ryan. i also hope that the gmpp exhaust and ca dp can take the turbo. along with my intake i dont think the intake can stay. just wondering what kind of different work the manual 2.4 will have for the turbo compared to the auto 2.4 and yes i do know how bad it is behind our engines. i put my header on and that took 1 hr and a half. and used 2 people. im assuming that setup is the same as the manual unless that is the manual.

i am using the 34# 2.0 sc injectors will those work with the turbo unless it comes with them. damn im gonna have to sell half my parts i just bought for this damn thing.

Originally Posted by BlackSSMagic06
Bill Hahn Jr.!!!!! The only reason that i DID NOT buy a SS/SC is the TURBO SS, i give all due respect to the SS/SC and the lucky ones who have the turbo 2.2l, it is what it is, but its time for the 2.4 to get RESPECT. FINALLY THE 2.4L GETS UNLEASHED!!!!
and it will be better than the 2.0s unless those guys start buying the twingcharging system or swap out the sc for a turbo. theyl be lying down. over 300whp

then il just buy pistons then cams and throw some nitrous on it even though i said i wont. and then i could possibly sc the whole thing with turbo gosh.$$$$$

ryan.

Last edited by rlinden86; 06-09-2007 at 12:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-09-2007, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by rlinden86
woohoo im gonna go ask my grandpa for 4k tomorrow. lol i probly gotta wait till spring for income tax. if hahn can let me finance it or make payments that would be awsome. i didnt think installing this turbo would sound that simple from what ive read. 4k seems a bit high though maybe because they made it so simple for us thats why its so expensive.

ryan. i also hope that the gmpp exhaust and ca dp can take the turbo. along with my intake i dont think the intake can stay. just wondering what kind of different work the manual 2.4 will have for the turbo compared to the auto 2.4 and yes i do know how bad it is behind our engines. i put my header on and that took 1 hr and a half. and used 2 people. im assuming that setup is the same as the manual unless that is the manual.

i am using the 34# 2.0 sc injectors will those work with the turbo unless it comes with them. damn im gonna have to sell half my parts i just bought for this damn thing.

and it will be better than the 2.0s unless those guys start buying the twingcharging system or swap out the sc for a turbo. theyl be lying down. over 300whp

ryan.
thats what im saying finance!
Old 06-09-2007, 12:52 AM
Banned

i for sure want to know if theyl let me make payments i dont know if theyl do that since theres thousands of guys with 2.4s. a hahn credit card would be nice. lol.

ryan.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by rlinden86

then il just buy pistons then cams and throw some nitrous on it even though i said i wont. and then i could possibly sc the whole thing with turbo gosh.$$$$$

ryan.
Seriously... wtf? I can't even comprehend half of what you said.

As for the kit... hmm. Too late for me. But I'm at least glad I'll see some other turbo 2.4L 's out there.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:22 AM

Awesome! what more could you say???
Old 06-09-2007, 01:40 AM

How's it looking for the 2.2 fellows?
Old 06-09-2007, 01:51 AM

Originally Posted by fbaero10
thats what im saying finance!
i hope financing is available

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
Seriously... wtf? I can't even comprehend half of what you said.

As for the kit... hmm. Too late for me. But I'm at least glad I'll see some other turbo 2.4L 's out there.
after i read your post i kinda thought "******* comment?" but then i read his post and the guy was all over the place, lol.

Last edited by 2.4SlowassBalt; 06-09-2007 at 01:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-09-2007, 03:22 AM

Hey guys, Bill's son here and I would like to give you an insight on this car from the daily driver's point of view.

I have driven quite a few of our development cars and I must say that this car is the most enjoyable. The car is SUPER responsive. Most automatics take their time downshifting but this car downshifts in no time. Most amazing about it is that the downshift is faster and more responsive than a manual transmission car. Literally power right under your right foot, no left foot requried .

Also, as my dad had mentioned, the gas mileage has increased. I'll give you some numbers even. Before turbocharging, the car showed an average of 27 MPG. That 27 MPG number was averaged in about 750 miles so it is quite accurate. When the turbosystem was installed, I ran an average of 29 MPG and that is with quite a few boosted runs. To be honest I was uterally astonished. I commute to my college so gas mileage is pretty important and though an increase of 2 MPG seems miniscule, that is closing in on an extra 20+ miles per tank. I also drove the car softly with no boost and averaged 32 MPG but that was only from one tank, I couldn't help not boosting it.

I'm not sure who asked, but someone wanted to know about shops who do installs. I am happy to tell you all that Hahn RaceCraft will begin to do installs starting June 11th. Call to inquire if you are interested!

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.
Old 06-09-2007, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by Adam Hahn
Hey guys, Bill's son here and I would like to give you an insight on this car from the daily driver's point of view.

I have driven quite a few of our development cars and I must say that this car is the most enjoyable. The car is SUPER responsive. Most automatics take their time downshifting but this car downshifts in no time. Most amazing about it is that the downshift is faster and more responsive than a manual transmission car. Literally power right under your right foot, no left foot requried .

Also, as my dad had mentioned, the gas mileage has increased. I'll give you some numbers even. Before turbocharging, the car showed an average of 27 MPG. That 27 MPG number was averaged in about 750 miles so it is quite accurate. When the turbosystem was installed, I ran an average of 29 MPG and that is with quite a few boosted runs. To be honest I was uterally astonished. I commute to my college so gas mileage is pretty important and though an increase of 2 MPG seems miniscule, that is closing in on an extra 20+ miles per tank. I also drove the car softly with no boost and averaged 32 MPG but that was only from one tank, I couldn't help not boosting it.

I'm not sure who asked, but someone wanted to know about shops who do installs. I am happy to tell you all that Hahn RaceCraft will begin to do installs starting June 11th. Call to inquire if you are interested!

Any other questions, please feel free to ask.
No more mods for me I am saving up for this, Turbo 2.4 cobalts FTW!!! OMG I just remembered I can get a new credit card that has a limit of $10,000 I want to wait and hear some results from other owners who have done this mod first. Im so excited!!!
Old 06-09-2007, 07:56 AM

so let me get this straight i can get a kick ass turbo kit for 4k that i can just put on my car and go and not have to spend a dime in tunning. I think im really starting to like this..
Old 06-09-2007, 09:14 AM

So who's going to be the first? Who's the guinea pig?
Old 06-09-2007, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor

so i take it this isnt a locked tune?....we are able to tune it at free will?.....tune it for more or less boost if desired....thats what i understood from your post...but i just want to clarify...?
The reflash mods we do are locked, in that we are the only ones who can alter them.

BUT...and this is a Big BUT:

You will have the opportunity to fine tune the system's air-fuel ratios to suit your specific application and climate. It occurred to me while developing our Solstice/Sky systems that inevitably, folks in the field would need some fine-tuning capability to tailor and perfect their combinations, and that shipping the PCM back to us for every little tweak would be not only time consuming, but ineffective. As good as we are, how good can we be if we don't have your car and combo and weather here to first determine WHAT needs tweaking, then validate our changes afterwards? Sure, it can be done, but the whole process is a royal PITA for all.

With the stacked approach of the reflash combined with BoostFueler, you guys and gals can do fine tuning yourself! This is a new, innovative method. And it's easy...no degree in 'Flashology' required, jusy turn a screw!

Originally Posted by Dj_BuCa
Any in Canada? If so, can you list please?
I will have our Dealer Department contact you with recommendations.

Originally Posted by DarkSergeant
Well if I won'tbe able to drive it for a weekend, ya gotta have the genuine drafts! So what more can you tell us about this program that comes with it to make tuning a snap.. is it software based, using a laptop - or what are we looking at?

Also - how did you guys manage the fuel issues, 5th injector? And this is using a piggy back system, right?
No fifth injectors here...we've grown wary of issues associated with upstream injectors that are expected to evenly distribute and and atomize fuel in a manifold that was designed for air only. We provide four larger fuel injectors, and do it all the way God intended...right at the port.

Fine tuning is accomplished through adjustment of the BoostFueler, which manipulates fuel pressures versus boost, in essence adding a third axis to fuel management that reflash alone cannot accomplish.

It can be adjusted for A/F mixtures at idle/cruise, boost onset, and full boost, giving you the ability to change your fueling selectively at different load points and recurve fuel delivery to suit your needs. No longer are you 'locked' into the tuning parameters of a pure reflash.

Of course, the system comes with baseline BoostFueler settings that will likely not need tailoring. However, the peace of mind comes from knowing that if and when you do need a 'tweak', it's easy!

Originally Posted by Cougar
How's it looking for the 2.2 fellows?
2.2's from 2007 and up are welcome to give me a call for discussion. The earlier cars have that orphan computer that hasn't been cracked yet.

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 06-09-2007 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-09-2007, 10:24 AM
Vin

I'm curious what is involved to crack the 2006 e16a ECM. I have 15 years worth of software reverse engineering experience but I've never drifted into automotive computing to date. I want to see the 2006 2.2 boosted as much as the 2.4, because I own one. I'm curious what exactly the engineers are having trouble with cracking. I've reverse engineered things like the Compaq IPAQ (we reflashed the ROM chip with a diskless version of the Linux OS 2.4 Kernel), Xbox Matrix Mod Chip reflash, Ethernet NIC reflashes, most recently my new HP printer inkjets stopped working so I had to download the OS and after about a week I figured out that the ink heads were drying up so I changed the sequence of refreshes and now it works great, I've also cracked satelite recievers, CISCO routers, and many other devices that I'm after forgetting. Oh one of my most favorite hardware hacks for a Hitachi LCD screen that I wired up through a serial COM1 and I wrote a basic driver for Linux to display CPU and RAM heat for my home server.

I've also done alot of higher level application cracking such as reverse engineering PC Games and applications from DOS to Windows XP, Unix, Linux, Mac OSX, whatever.....

I would need a 2006 e16a ECM and a way to interface it to a PC probably through a COM port. A way to download the program data, likely some sort of tcftp mechanism exists already, how else does the dealer update the ECM. Then extracting the binary data and reading through it in hexadecimal and/or assembly. I assume this is where the "cracking" is currently on going because it is where the most time is spent in hardware hacking usually. What is so different from the e16a as opposed to other modules?

Is help needed in cracking?
Old 06-09-2007, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor

Vin, I will contact you off-thread, so as to keep the 'purity' of this thread as 2.4 only. Thanks for the input!
Old 06-09-2007, 12:19 PM

glad to see you release this Bill. Cant wait to finally have my setup running right...talk to ya later.

Doug
Old 06-09-2007, 12:27 PM

yea i cant wait, this is gonna be nuts, and hahn hasnt answered the finance question
Old 06-09-2007, 12:32 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by fbaero10
yea i cant wait, this is gonna be nuts, and hahn hasnt answered the finance question
Ah yes, financing! If you can hold tight for a few days...my sales manager is currently exploring some financing options. While we've not offered financing before, it looks like we may finally be doing so!

Quick Reply: Hahn RaceCraft 2.4 Cobalt TurboSystem