Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by roccobladr
so...

whats a fast way to make 4grand? lol
How do you feel about male prositution?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DarkSergeant
What you see on Jackalope's car is a very well maintained naturally aspirated 2.4l, with some special detailing around his GMPP short ram intake. He hasn't gone turbo yet - has just claimed title to be the first to do so.
With all due respect, Jack didn't claim to be the first to go turbo.... nor will he be. I know of a few turbocharged 2.4L Cobalts.... and mine will be added to the list as of next week, well before anyone else here gets a Hahn kit.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:40 PM
Rattlesnake Race Shop

Received 410 Likes on 352 Posts
What are you gonna run for tuning, a Stand Alone?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
With all due respect, Jack didn't claim to be the first to go turbo.... nor will he be. I know of a few turbocharged 2.4L Cobalts.... and mine will be added to the list as of next week, well before anyone else here gets a Hahn kit.
I think maybe he misunderstood what I had said. The pics were in responce to another member asking to see my car not to show off a turbo cause clearly I don't have one ... YET!
Old 06-10-2007, 12:45 PM

Because all of you guys are so interested, I believe we are going to take the 2.4 auto out to the track Wednesday night for the first time, along with a Solstice GXP. It may just be my dad and I so a video will be hard, but time slips are the next best thing and those will suffice right? We havent dyno-ed my car yet and I think we will be doing that soon too. Thanks to all your interest guys.
Old 06-10-2007, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by USMCFieldMP
What are you gonna run for tuning, a Stand Alone?
If that was directed at me, no. HPT.

Originally Posted by Jackalope
I think maybe he misunderstood what I had said. The pics were in responce to another member asking to see my car not to show off a turbo cause clearly I don't have one ... YET!
Haha... I just wanted to make sure he knew there actually are a few turbocharged 2.4's out there.

Back on topic... I'd love to see timeslips.
Old 06-10-2007, 02:01 PM

I've been interested in a Hahn Turbosystems Twincharge setup since I bought my SS/SC last June, but haven't seen enough data to warrant the cost. No description on internal modifications (but I'd put pistons and valvesprings at a minimum) or real dyno data on their site. I can never find the twincharged setup on their site for ordering. The site is a mangled mess. I will send them a message to inform them how difficult their site is to navigate. Once they get their sh*t straight, I'm DEFINITELY going twincharged. I would LOVE to add a turbo to my blower for the top end, though. I have a friend with the 2.4--he is going to LOVE this info!!!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 02:25 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by xravenwingsx
I've been interested in a Hahn Turbosystems Twincharge setup since I bought my SS/SC last June, but haven't seen enough data to warrant the cost. No description on internal modifications (but I'd put pistons and valvesprings at a minimum) or real dyno data on their site. I can never find the twincharged setup on their site for ordering. The site is a mangled mess. I will send them a message to inform them how difficult their site is to navigate. Once they get their sh*t straight, I'm DEFINITELY going twincharged. I would LOVE to add a turbo to my blower for the top end, though. I have a friend with the 2.4--he is going to LOVE this info!!!!!
Undoubtedly there's no data on the system on our site, as we've not offered it to the public yet. Our policy is to avoid potentially misleading and or premature 'preliminary info' until we are ready for market.

Nonetheless, I do share your opinion about the site's 'messiness', and have put my people on it as a High Priority Item (are you reading this, Chuck and Kris?) to correct!

We apologize if the lack of information there regarding Twincharging gave you any other impressions

If you'd like, I can address our progress and plans for Twincharging on another thread. Just say the word!

Originally Posted by PpAzZ1101
If that was directed at me, no. HPT.

Haha... I just wanted to make sure he knew there actually are a few turbocharged 2.4's out there.

Back on topic... I'd love to see timeslips.
I'd also like to point out that we've already offered this engine/transmission management solution to others who've purchased the Garrett GT system for their 2.4 Auto Cobalts, and extend the same offer to anyone who's interested. It's a well-executed solution, and may save a fair amount of time, frustration, and cash in the long run!

Timeslips will be available after our track session sometime this week, yes. Adam's been practicing on the backroads...we will see what this stock-tired 'Balt can do!

Last edited by Hahn RaceCraft; 06-10-2007 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-10-2007, 02:51 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam Hahn
Because all of you guys are so interested, I believe we are going to take the 2.4 auto out to the track Wednesday night for the first time, along with a Solstice GXP. It may just be my dad and I so a video will be hard, but time slips are the next best thing and those will suffice right? We havent dyno-ed my car yet and I think we will be doing that soon too. Thanks to all your interest guys.
This Wednesday the 13th at Rt. 66? I don't see anything on the schedule for the track that day. How would one join you? Is it even open?
Old 06-10-2007, 02:55 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Halfcent
This Wednesday the 13th at Rt. 66? I don't see anything on the schedule for the track that day. How would one join you? Is it even open?
We were considering Union Grove, Wisconsin. You are correct...the next T&T at 66 is Tuesday June 19, and we may well take our Sunfire with its new killer setup out there for its debut.

Email me for details, Geoff!
Old 06-10-2007, 04:02 PM

man the things I would do to go up there and see the 2.4SS in person.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by EcoBoost

I'd also like to point out that we've already offered this engine/transmission management solution to others who've purchased the Garrett GT system for their 2.4 Auto Cobalts, and extend the same offer to anyone who's interested. It's a well-executed solution, and may save a fair amount of time, frustration, and cash in the long run!

Timeslips will be available after our track session sometime this week, yes. Adam's been practicing on the backroads...we will see what this stock-tired 'Balt can do!

i keep trying to get a hold of you but no luck, to get mine finally situated. Hopefully we can get this worked out today sometime. thanks bill.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:54 PM

I Have read this thread from start to finish and I still have not heard if there are going to be stage kits for this system offered to the 2.4 MANUAL owners.Also,is the turbo capable of supplying efficient boost at higher psi. The super 16 turbo stage 2 Solstice MANUAL, stage 4 super 20G turbo.You said you did not see 400-500hp autos what does this mean for the MANUAL transmision guys ?People say this motor as is will support 400 + hp and looking at Solstice(Hahn Racecraft)with the kit supplied.Unless I misunderstand, other then what is listed in the kit there are no changes to the motor.I was hoping to see stage kits am I about to be disapointed?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by SSam2.4
I Have read this thread from start to finish and I still have not heard if there are going to be stage kits for this system offered to the 2.4 MANUAL owners.Also,is the turbo capable of supplying efficient boost at higher psi. The super 16 turbo stage 2 Solstice MANUAL, stage 4 super 20G turbo.You said you did not see 400-500hp autos what does this mean for the MANUAL transmision guys ?People say this motor as is will support 400 + hp and looking at Solstice(Hahn Racecraft)with the kit supplied.Unless I misunderstand, other then what is listed in the kit there are no changes to the motor.I was hoping to see stage kits am I about to be disapointed?
he will more than likely release stage kits ....but thtat is a ways off....if im correct ....as he stated last fall...the kit he releases will be a stage 2 kit.....and yes the 16g can supply higher boost levels...the 20g would do just as well of a job but im not sure which one hell go with....400-500 hp on a auto tranny is unlikely do to the fact that that power range is way more than they auto tranny can handle reliably....the manuals really arent that different...although we can upgrade the clutch/flywheel and the autos can upgrade the torque converter......hahn is changing nothing on the motor....just adding parts..and some tuning////the solstice kit is for the most part different due to tuning and piping....
Old 06-10-2007, 05:16 PM

i glance through the pages i had not read yet, is there any definate yes or no on financing?
Old 06-10-2007, 05:16 PM

***and by the way if your all so interested in more exact details for the turbo....more manual specific...then search hahn and youl find the ancient hahn turbo thread for the 2.4 manual along with exact kit specs and pictures that i believe begin on page 7 or 8 and shows everything installed on the car....a very helpful thread if you are looking for more info....it just got kinda mucked up with pointless posts.....provided hahn hasnt changed anything out******

Originally Posted by 2.4SlowassBalt
i glance through the pages i had not read yet, is there any definate yes or no on financing?
if youd read youd see on the last page he said there is no def. answer....sorry if it comes across a bit rude

Last edited by mike25; 06-10-2007 at 05:16 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-10-2007, 06:06 PM

Thanks , What I'm asking is the stage 4 for this system going to require a larger turbo like it does on the solstic( super 16 to super 20 + other up grades).Should I wait?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by mike25
***and by the way if your all so interested in more exact details for the turbo....more manual specific...then search hahn and youl find the ancient hahn turbo thread for the 2.4 manual along with exact kit specs and pictures that i believe begin on page 7 or 8 and shows everything installed on the car....a very helpful thread if you are looking for more info....it just got kinda mucked up with pointless posts.....provided hahn hasnt changed anything out******

if youd read youd see on the last page he said there is no def. answer....sorry if it comes across a bit rude

That was their first proto kit. I believe they scraped that due to it not fitting both the automatics and manual trans cars. This kit however does fit both and thats whats offered for both transmissions. The turbo is a garret gt2871 that they are using instead of a 16g or 20g. And depending on the trim this turbo IIRC can handle up to the 400-450hp range.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Brandon97Z
That was their first proto kit. I believe they scraped that due to it not fitting both the automatics and manual trans cars. This kit however does fit both and thats whats offered for both transmissions. The turbo is a garret gt2871 that they are using instead of a 16g or 20g. And depending on the trim this turbo IIRC can handle up to the 400-450hp range.
are those whp numbers or to the crank?
Old 06-10-2007, 07:20 PM

Not sure thats just what i remember garrets site showing. My guess whould be crank hp though.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:41 PM

Hahn, if there is any way you could email me (well_of_souls245@yahoo.com) some info on what exactly comes with the kit please(intercooler? what type of BOV? etc etc. I drive a 5 spd.), I tried checking the site and couldn't find anything. I'm impressed with what I see! I hope to hear good news about the financing situation as well. By the way, is the price of the boostfueler included? If not, how much is it? Might it be easier to go with HPTuners? I don't know if the last questions have been asked yet or not, sorry.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by mike25
i wish you guys would read the thread more closely before making unecesary posts....i dont remember what he said about this matter exactly...but i do believe we are ale to control the boost......and as for other people....quit mucking up the thread asking others about there car...save it for another thread or pming....
Sorry for missing the information and he answered in a way that to avoid another question. Besides the other question wasn't unnecessary there for it wasn't a unnecessary post.

Besides...learn to spell the big words before using them
Old 06-10-2007, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by Black06SSNA
Sorry for missing the information and he answered in a way that to avoid another question. Besides the other question wasn't unnecessary there for it wasn't a unnecessary post.

Besides...learn to spell the big words before using them
the other question was indeed unnecessary....there are you happy...and if he could have just taken a simple moment to read he would have answered his question on his own
Old 06-10-2007, 10:31 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey, um, guys, lets stay on topic. This is a good news thread, not a pissing match thread. I'll have to start handing out warnings after this.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:40 PM

I am thinking about getting the 2.4 cobalt and maybe getting this system but most of all how bad will this be hitting us in the fuel mileage.

Quick Reply: Hahn RaceCraft 2.4 Cobalt TurboSystem