2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

Installing a Turbo (Tips)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 11:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by k2kwj
wow your an *******/******* idiot.... wonderful explanations btw "you have to make pipes that go around your engine" --total genius. also are you aware that he will be using the hahn kit not a custom setup.
That seriously was not necessary. He wasn't trying to be insulting to the original poster but explaining to him in simple terms cause of the type of post he made. If he thinks that he had to take out his engine or even wasn't sure, he might not have the full understandment of some things.

So just chill out bro. There is no need to spout out like the way you did. If you had an issue with what he said, say it but discuss it...just be mature with your responses. Insulting people with curses and name calling isn't necessary and is lame (in my opinion).
Old 10-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In short: Do not remove the engine to install the turbo, simply because if your doing a custom kit, your going to need to route your charge piping with the available space in your engine bay. So your going to want to keep the engine there. However, your best bet would be to either A. Find somebody with a lift so you can get underneath the car if necesary, B. rig up a lift yourself with 2x4's high enough to comfortably work underneath your car, or C. goto one of those shops that allow you to use they're tools/lifts.

All in all, I hope it all works out for you.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:55 PM

where is the hot link.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by mike25
well i want to do it myself.....sure i havnt done any type of work concerning this...but i have people that i know that are good with this sorta stuff.....besides the kit comes with special instructions and what not and i am very thorough and careful so i dont see where i could go wrong if i just double check everything....and thanks halfcent for answering the original question....

MAXIMUM BOOST - CORKEY BELL

Buy it!
Old 10-12-2006, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by mike25
So does anyone have any tips on installing a turbo (NJHK i realize i could put this in your thread but im just gonna be lazy).....for instance....i plan to do the install myself...and i have basic knowledge of the engine and what not.....how hard would it be for me.....i have looked it over and it doesnt look to hard to me.....it will be a winter install and i will have plenty of time to do it.....when i install the turbo...i dont need to remove the eninge from the bay do i ?.......just curious cuz i saw someone do that on a SRT4...?
If you have a specific question, it would be better.

That is like saying... So, How do you build a house...

Rather than... "I am installing a Plug... Got any tips"

The problem is that you have asked such a vague question about a subject that is multi-dimentional.

There is literally 50 Topics that I could talk about reference the turbo..

Fuel Delivery
Boost Level
Compression Ratio
Heat Soaking
Oil Delivery
Liquid Cooling
Water Injection
Pressure Maps
Selection Of Materials
Construction Of The Manifolds
Wasegate Selection
BOV Location
Plumbing Diameter
Plumbing Location
FMIC Theory
Old 10-12-2006, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
too me installing it isnt as bad as people are saying if you have a pre made kit it will make life easier, who gives a **** if it takes 25 hours, i bet youll be happier knowing you put 25 hours vs some punk ass kid putting 5 hours slapping it on, oil i would almost leave for the professionals jsut cuz i hate tapping in the oil, and so on, but everythign else can be done, i think a turbo system is like 2.5 stars out of 5 for an install