2.4L LE5 Performance Tech 16 valve 171 hp EcoTec with 163 lb-ft of torque

Jet module stage 2 review

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet module stage 2 review

Ok after having this in for a few tanks of fuel and finally getting a chance to flog my families 08 sport without the module heres my feedback.

0-20 feels about the same. 20-40 is somewhat stronger. But 60-90 seems significantly stronger. Car does feel a lot more responsive when going back and forth between the 2 cars. My car with the stage II on it does feel like it keeps pulling after 60mph while when it was stock it felt like it fell on its face. At first I thought my fuel mileage dropped but after comparing the 2 cars back to back im thinking thats more the change to the winter formula of gas. As both cars are averaging about the same mileage though mine does seem to do slightly better around town. 1-2mpg on average (using the DIC.)

Now honestly before the module went on using the same stretch of road by my apartment my families 08 sport usually hit 2-5mph faster on the same stretch and took off slightly harder. I contributed this mostly to the fact my families 08 had more miles on it (36k compared to 16k)

So honestly I was a bit disappointed since i hadnt felt any real difference but after driving both cars back to back im honestly fairly impressed with the module. There is a good bit of difference in mid range power and passing power.

Now yes I have an intake and that does help. But the car still felt sluggish above 60 the tune seemed to have helped that out.

Sorry I dont have any dyno numbers to back this up. Cost money to run on a dyno and with this being my daily and having a few project cars this car rarely gets much money put into it, other than standard upkeep and a few things to make it drive better.

Is this better than trifecta or LS2edit for the 08's? Definitely not! But is it better than stock? Definitely! If you want to keep the ability to go back to stock in 30 seconds this is the route to go. If your for all out performance then go with LS2edit or Trifecta though those can be caught by a gm tech scan while the jet can be removed prior to servicing.

So with that said set a goal for your car and follow it. For me this fit the goal I was setting. Moderate performance gain thats easily returned to stock.

Both cars were 08 Sport Autos

Families stock 08 sport 2.4 auto
Mine 08 sport 2.4 auto jet stage II and an injen cai currently being run as an SRI.

So take it with a grain of salt and choose for yourself!
Old 10-18-2010, 04:15 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Allow me to chime in. While I don't have dyno results for both on and off, I can say being that I have a wideband, there is a significant difference in AFR without the JET chip stage 2. AFRs at WOT are in the low to high 10's stock. With stage 2, AFRs at WOT are in 11-12's. Which is much better than running 10 because that's extremely rich. So it does something. I just honestly still don't feel the difference. But the wideband shows it does.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by slobalt08
Allow me to chime in. While I don't have dyno results for both on and off, I can say being that I have a wideband, there is a significant difference in AFR without the JET chip stage 2. AFRs at WOT are in the low to high 10's stock. With stage 2, AFRs at WOT are in 11-12's. Which is much better than running 10 because that's extremely rich. So it does something. I just honestly still don't feel the difference. But the wideband shows it does.
Take it off and you will notice.

But a lot of people put these on expecting 15-20hp gains and thinking its going to be very noticeable.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:15 PM

Good review man, if I decided not to get my trifecta tune i probably would have got the jet module. I youtube some of your vids and after seeing them I can definately say the jet module works.