2010+ Future Cruze Discussions Discussions and information related to the upcoming 2010 Chevy Cruze

I Need Advice on Future Modifications for 2011 Chevy Cruze

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2024, 01:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Need Advice on Future Modifications for 2011 Chevy Cruze

Hi everyone,

I am a proud owner of a 2011 Chevy Cruze and have been following this forum for quite some time, benefiting greatly from the wealth of knowledge shared here. I’ve recently decided to dive deeper into modifying my Cruze and could use some guidance from those with more experience.

Here’s a bit of background: My Cruze currently has around 85,000 miles on it, and I’ve kept up with all the regular maintenance. It’s been a reliable daily driver, but I’m looking to enhance its performance and aesthetics. I’m particularly interested in improving the suspension and possibly upgrading the turbo.
  1. Suspension Upgrades: I’ve read about various suspension setups, but I’m unsure which would best suit a mix of daily driving and occasional spirited driving. Any recommendations for coilovers or other suspension mods that provide a good balance of comfort and performance?
  2. Turbo Upgrades: For those who have upgraded their turbo, what were the noticeable differences in performance and reliability? I’m considering the ZZP turbo upgrade but am open to other suggestions as well. Are there any supporting modifications I should be aware of to ensure everything runs smoothly?
  3. General Advice: Any other tips or modifications that you’ve found particularly beneficial for the 2011 Cruze? I’m also interested in hearing about any common pitfalls or issues to watch out for during the modification process.

I also check this: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2010-future-cruze-discussions-162/there-will-no-chevy-cruze-ss-will-therqilkview But I have not found any solution. I appreciate any insights you can provide. Your expertise and personal experiences are incredibly valuable to me as I embark on this project.

Thank you in advance!
Old 07-31-2024, 07:05 PM

Received 92 Likes on 90 Posts
Why not join a Cruze forum and ask? Just wondering because cobalts and cruze arent alike at all. Weird to ask this on a cobalt forum.
Old 08-02-2024, 02:15 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Yeah not the best place to get this info, but having gone down this rabbit hole with a co-worker pretty much just do all the zzp mods. You’re not going to make insane power at the end but it will be much much peppier than stock.
the stock turbo and intake are extremely restrictive. Zzp v3 turbo kit and exhaust. And their intake manifold open op
the flow allot. Even then without e47-e60 you’re only looking at between 170-210whp however your torque band will be hugely improved. It will feel much quicker