3B Spec 3B Spec is a Supporting Vendor
Contacts: operatic

The last month...

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 11:30 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The last month...

Of friggen hell. I know it's been a while since I've posted anything so here's the skinny on what's been going on for month.

1) Pat had to move back to Mass to handle some necessary odds and ends. Nothing severe, but a big enough issue that he had to head north. For the mean time you're stuck with the tech support guy, Hanh. Hi

2) I couldn't find the threads >_<
Ironically, I could find the PM's though. Seriously the best way to get a hold of me is to email. I see emails regularly. I check PMs and threads once a day.

3) Still fully operational, just a little overwhelmed right now. That and I just got Left 4 Dead 2... Can't play online though, which is a major disappointment.

4) Still sorting out the LEDs, because right now, what we get in is enough to keep us going on a Business-to-Business level, but really not enough to keep a consistent stock for the online crowd. So, Sometime around February, we're gonna redo how we stock them so that we can maintain them online. Also going to really be picky about which LEDs we stock online because I've seen some that consistently work great, some that don't, some that are just way too expensive.

5) We're messing with more of the CCFL angel eyes and LED angel eyes. Seriously looking into doing some custom LED angel eye jobs, but it's gonna take some hammering to get it done.

6) I've been messing with these PnP bi-xenon projectors. Had a guy want me to put a set into an '03 Kawasaki ZX9R, and they came out pretty decently. Tried them out and damn skippy, they worked out pretty nicely. I literally had these installed in about 5 minutes. Took me longer to cook the housing open. I think the hardest part about the whole setup are the proprietory bulbs and all the necessary wiring.

I've got that one done, there's a Cobalt headlight I've gotta do next, and then after that I'm trying to find an '03 Ranger headlight, with the little projector in the corner to see if it will fit in the housing. Otherwise, he's getting a set of stock housings.

That's it, that's the last month in a nutshell. I'm liking these PnP projectors to be honest. Not a huge fan of cracking open headlights but it's part of the gig but it is the only reason I'm using my oven. Brought the Kawasaki headlight to another shop that wanted to check them out, and against a wall about 15 feet away, the high beams hold up pretty well. The test shot was from about 4-5 feet away from the wall. Kind of working with the space I have because it's freezing and I don't have a good outside wall at the moment.

7) I've already checked, I can't get the 4th gen projectors. They look clean though, I'm envious.