ADVANCED Performance Modifications For advanced modification topics only.

What methanol nozzle size?

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same reason why my pull on the last page only has 12*

maf tuning...
Old 12-27-2009, 08:32 PM
AIS
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shaunmcdee
Ya no biggy. When I'm tuning for fuel, I pull out alot of timing. The longer your in the gears, the more data you gather at a quicker rate because your car is going slower than normal.
I totally understand that and figured so. Nobody seemed to catch that there was no timing in this tune. To use it as a example of what a number 5 GPH nozzle can do isn't a good example. Thats all.

Rodney
Old 12-27-2009, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by AIS
I totally understand that and figured so. Nobody seemed to catch that there was no timing in this tune. To use it as a example of what a number 5 GPH nozzle can do isn't a good example. Thats all.

Rodney
Then you prolly didnt read this before you posted that

Originally Posted by Steven Flit

maf tuning...
Also timing, has nothing to do with the iat temps.
Secondly a 2.6 pulley will create heat regardless of the timing and how much slower the car is moving. The rotors spin, boost is formed heat is created.

My 5gph nozzle has all the right essentials as a basis against using a larger nozzle.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:39 PM
AIS

maf tuning...
I hear your able to run 25 degree's on your smaller pulley with no knock.l.

Rodney

Then you prolly didnt read this before you posted that

Secondly a 2.6 pulley will create heat regardless of the timing.

My 5gph nozzle has all the right essentials as a basis against using a larger nozzle.
You guys are relentless on this forum...lol. While I was typing he posted a minute before me. So understandably no I did not have the opportunity to read his post before I entered mine.

Rodney

Last edited by AIS; 12-27-2009 at 08:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-27-2009, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i need hpt. hahah
Old 12-27-2009, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by AIS

Rodney

You guys are relentless on this forum...lol. While I was typing he posted a minute before me. So understandably no I did not have the opportunity to read his post before I entered mine.

Rodney

Yulp as high up as 27 (though its not needed on this platform) without knock, on a 5gph nozzle.
Not worth pushing much more, unless you like beating up on the con rod bearings.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by AIS

Rodney

Rodney
correct, and safely too @ 19.5 psi sea level
temps will drop more once I install a header, and can the stock exhaust manifold.

They are relentless, try learning anything from them. It's like deciphering ancient greek.

Old 12-27-2009, 08:49 PM
Platinum Member

random tuning question. i'm sorta knowledgable just from looking at people tuning and looking at data logs. but what does INJ B1 mean? injector base1? and the same with INJ B2. and what is O2B1S1? is that the oxygen sensor? base1, the one before the cat(if you were to have one?? and then ST B1..
Old 12-27-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
random tuning question. i'm sorta knowledgable just from looking at people tuning and looking at data logs. but what does INJ B1 mean? injector base1? and the same with INJ B2. and what is O2B1S1? is that the oxygen sensor? base1, the one before the cat(if you were to have one?? and then ST B1..
The B stands for Bank

Injector Bank 1 - injectors, lol
o2 Bank 1 sensor 1 - header o2 sensor
o2 Bank 1 sensor 2 - cat o2 sensor

"V" motors have 2 banks.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:01 PM
Platinum Member

yeah bank, thats it. not sure why i said base

i remember that from when i melted off my rear o2 sensor and my car told me it was pissed.

Last edited by EXsoccer1921; 12-27-2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-27-2009, 09:01 PM

yeah bank, thats it. not sure why i said base

i remember that from when i melted off my rear o2 sensor and my car told me it was pissed.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Platinum Member

yeaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh....
Old 12-27-2009, 09:06 PM
AIS

correct, and safely too @ 19.5 psi sea level
temps will drop more once I install a header, and can the stock exhaust manifold.

They are relentless, try learning anything from them. It's like deciphering ancient greek.

This is the very reason I got off this forum. People are very opinionated and unwilling to listen to anything that goes against the norm....lol. Plus the attitude in this forum can be really bad at times. Guys making posts like the following that make no sense and have no relevancy.

"if you notice...it says "12/26/2009 7:02 pm....

and on the 26th at 7:05 is was 49* where he lives.... so i'm gonna say he's at 11.5 cause its winter. not trying to be an ass....just sayin"

or this one.

"Then you prolly didnt read this before you posted that

My 5gph nozzle has all the right essentials as a basis against using a larger nozzle."

Only this forum is everyone so quick to slam everyone else or not accept the fact that someone is able to do something that they aren't doing.

Rodney
Old 12-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Platinum Member

so what exactly do the 12.4 and 852 values mean?

Originally Posted by AIS
Guys making posts like the following that make no sense and have no relevancy.

and on the 26th at 7:05 is was 49* where he lives.... so i'm gonna say he's at 11.5 cause its winter. not trying to be an ass....just sayin"
its called a winter tune rodney. cutting back timing. but if you want to be an ass to me about my comment i'ld be more than happy to sell your trunk mount kit in favor for devils own products. ...if you want

Last edited by EXsoccer1921; 12-27-2009 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-27-2009, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by AIS
This is the very reason I got off this forum. People are very opinionated and unwilling to listen to anything that goes against the norm....lol. Plus the attitude in this forum can be really bad at times. Guys making posts like the following that make no sense and have no relevancy.

or this one.

"Then you prolly didnt read this before you posted that

My 5gph nozzle has all the right essentials as a basis against using a larger nozzle."

Only this forum is everyone so quick to slam everyone else or not accept the fact that someone is able to do something that they aren't doing.

@ Exsoccer, If you want a dummy hpt program, gimme a shout on pm.

Rodney

And by the same meaning. Your leading ppl to believe they NEED to take your advice for a larger nozzle because the "norm" as you politely called it, cant possibly be right.
But im not going to waste my time going back and forth with a vendor on here. Your opinion doesnt to me matter, your only in it for the mighty dollar.
It goes both ways Rodney.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:27 PM
AIS

its called a winter tune rodney. cutting back timing. but if you want to be an ass to me about my comment i'ld be more than happy to sell your trunk mount kit in favor for devils own products. ...if you want
No problem here. Just don't under stand what a winter tune is. You see I work with guys that have to change their tune for the hot summer months in which they have to pull timing out of the engines to stay out of detonation because the heat is 110 degree's out in New Mexico, Texas, Las Vegas, etc.

These same guys living out in the dry desert will see temps during the winter drop down into the 40's and they love it because their able to put the timing back into their motor unlike the hot winter months. Air to air intercoolers suck in 100 degree weather and freakin rock during the cold months. plus the heat really effects the non-intercooled supercharged guys running ProChargers, Eatons, Kenne Bells etc.

So you can understand why I don't under stand your "winter tune". Especially on methanol because its going to more then make up for the different blends in gasoline as well.

Rodney

And by the same meaning. Your leading ppl to believe they NEED to take your advice for a larger nozzle because the "norm" as you politely called it, cant possibly be right.
But im not going to waste my time going back and forth with a vendor on here. Your opinion doesnt to me matter, your only in it for the mighty dollar.
It goes both ways Rodney.
The topic is jetting. And as I mentioned I have put a lot of work and time looking into this very thing. And no it's not about the money. Its sharing information I have with everyone else. Yet no matter how many examples are given its all BS right. Explain then how come I have guys who were running a 5 GPH nozzle over on the Acura forum now making more power running a 14 with 50/50. Nobody want to accept that. And that's just one example. I have guys running single 14 with pure methanol on Cobalts running exceptionally well with no problems. Yet nobody wants to accept it. Thats fine by me. i'm just pointing it out.

Rodney

Last edited by AIS; 12-27-2009 at 09:34 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-27-2009, 09:43 PM

Lol, Sure thing AIS.
Old 12-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Platinum Member

hey, btw. i still haven't gotten my AIS decal. hahah i didn't get one with my order. and then i called you guys about it. and you said you would send one out but i still haven't got one
Old 12-27-2009, 10:00 PM
AIS

Lol, Sure thing AIS.
Read the thread yourself. This is completely independent testing done by a member. Plus, I gave the guy 3 nozzles. $60.00 worth of nozzles and shipped them for free to prove y point they could use more jetting and make more power on these 300+ horsepower engines. I really didn't have to. But I knew looking at their combinations that a number 5 was way to small. So I put my ***** out on the line by saying simply run each nozzle individually and see which you can tune and make more power with. The 14 won. And i have to say that forum is a bunch of nice guys. People helping each other out instead of cutting them down at any chance they get.

Nobody wants to comment on that and its fine.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...t=meth&page=38

MORE RESULTS!

You guys aren't going to believe this but the #14 nozzle works at 11psi! Not only does it work...its probably the largest increase in power I've felt yet.

Engagement at 4500rpm and NO motor bogging.

The power increase here was VERY noticeable. Even more so than when I went from the coolingmist nozzle to the #10.

I will get on the Dyno ASAP and get some real numbers here. I currently have a successfully tuned and knock free map for the #7, #10, and #14 nozzle.

I am in love with the car again. I got an alignment yesterday and I am putting this power down to the road now instead of spinning up top...2nd gear torque steer is becoming too much for my g/f to handle. I've never felt the car rip at the road like this.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:23 PM
Former Vendor

Every car is going to react differently to meth injection. This is where trial and error comes into the equation. I am a firm believer of trying to run the smallest nozzle possible to get the most gain out of it.

First would be your pw of your injectors. 2nd would be your mv of your o2 sensor. From my experience you want to try to get it between .820-.840 before you go into open loop.

If your down in okc are stop by and i can make sure to have my laptop and let you play with hptunners. I would not be without it.

Last edited by devilsown; 12-27-2009 at 11:39 PM. Reason: looking at wrong field on the scan
Old 12-27-2009, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by AIS
Read the thread yourself. This is completely independent testing done by a member. Plus, I gave the guy 3 nozzles. $60.00 worth of nozzles and shipped them for free to prove y point they could use more jetting and make more power on these 300+ horsepower engines. I really didn't have to. But I knew looking at their combinations that a number 5 was way to small. So I put my ***** out on the line by saying simply run each nozzle individually and see which you can tune and make more power with. The 14 won. And i have to say that forum is a bunch of nice guys. People helping each other out instead of cutting them down at any chance they get.

Nobody wants to comment on that and its fine.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...t=meth&page=38

MORE RESULTS!

You guys aren't going to believe this but the #14 nozzle works at 11psi! Not only does it work...its probably the largest increase in power I've felt yet.

Engagement at 4500rpm and NO motor bogging.

The power increase here was VERY noticeable. Even more so than when I went from the coolingmist nozzle to the #10.

I will get on the Dyno ASAP and get some real numbers here. I currently have a successfully tuned and knock free map for the #7, #10, and #14 nozzle.

I am in love with the car again. I got an alignment yesterday and I am putting this power down to the road now instead of spinning up top...2nd gear torque steer is becoming too much for my g/f to handle. I've never felt the car rip at the road like this.
Sure thing. Sell that product!
Your a vendor trying to promote your product, giving out big nozzle information. So, of course anything we say is wrong, and your right.
That is the reason why theres no point bickering with you. No vendor is going to say otherwise, its hurts their "internet vendor image"
So i'll just leave it at, I prefer to use smaller nozzles. Now, if you plan to correct me on my nozzle preference, then be ignorant.
Here, ill even help you with your sales.

This is an AIS kit with a 10gph nozzle. If you all feel you need this much fluid going thru your blower/intake manifold/engine. Then have at it.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...gph_725865.htm

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/M...gph_725866.htm

Last edited by shaunmcdee; 12-27-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Banned

if you notice...it says "12/26/2009 7:02 pm....

and on the 26th at 7:05 is was 49* where he lives.... so i'm gonna say he's at 11.5 cause its winter. not trying to be an ass....just sayin
Knowing where shaun lives

49* is believable

Though his 138* iat2 on a 2.6 running 17 psi is nothing great. In fact, I beat his iat2 by 5* in similar weather conditions running a 2.7 w/o meth on. Thats with a stock exhaust mani, a 3 dp and a stock muffler.

and here's my proof... excuse the wideband readings where it goes into the 10s. unplugged my wideband on accident midway thru the pull.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:11 AM

Knowing where shaun lives

49* is believable

Though his 138* iat2 on a 2.6 running 17 psi is nothing great. In fact, I beat his iat2 by 5* in similar weather conditions running a 2.7 w/o meth on. Thats with a stock exhaust mani, a 3 dp and a stock muffler.

and here's my proof... excuse the wideband readings where it goes into the 10s. unplugged my wideband on accident midway thru the pull.

Your first graph was better. It only showed a 36 degree difference in temps, like mine did. This one is showing a 80ish difference in temps. Me thinks were talking about colder air charge from Iat1 and 2, not the lowest temp possible.
Also, just for giggles 101 degrees isn't comparable to 55, lol.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:15 AM
Banned

Your first graph was better. It only showed a 36 degree difference in temps, like mine did. This one is showing a 80ish difference in temps. Me thinks were talking about colder air charge from Iat1 and 2, not the lowest temp possible.
the previous screenshot showed iat1 @ 7000 rpm

this chart shows outside temperature. You should know this very well, smarty pants.

If I were to guess, iat1 in the second photo is around 95*

still my 2.7 off meth @ 16 psi vs your 17 psi on meth has a lower iat2 in 6* warmer outside conditions.

Just proving a point, your not spraying enough water/meth to provide a nice and cool iat2.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:18 AM
Platinum Member

yeah, well my dick is STILL bigger than both of yours.

Quick Reply: What methanol nozzle size?