Alcohol Injection Systems Alcohol Injection Systems is a Supporting Vendor

Win a FREE AIS Stage 1 Rear Trunk Mount Water Alcohol Injection System w/Stainless

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:07 PM
AIS
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Win a FREE AIS Stage 1 Rear Trunk Mount Water Alcohol Injection System w/Stainless

ATTN: CobaltSS.net Members

It’s Christmas time and AIS is in the spirit of giving. Here’s your chance to win a free AIS Stage 1 Rear Trunk Mount Water Alcohol Injection System with stainless steel lines. Total retail value of $499.98 with shipping.

It’s not often we read post’s as incorrect or untrue as these two listed below. When we do we like to play a game called “What’s wrong with this post?” in which we offer the members a chance to test their knowledge. The winner will be the member who not only identifies the most number of untrue statements but also most accurately list the reasons why for each. In return we will award the winner a free AIS Stage 1 Trunk Mount Water Alcohol Injection System with Stainless Steel Hose shipped free to your door. We feel this is the perfect opportunity to turn this into a fun positive learning event for all.

After reviewing these two posts (listed below) we have discovered 10 untrue statements within them. Members have until 5pm Eastern Time December 7th Friday next week to post there answers at which point we will post our answers and reveal the winner.

To ensure the integrity of this contest AIS will require the winning member to post pictures on this thread once he or she recieves their prize.

Good luck to all! Let the game begin.

Rules and Conditions for the game

*This does not include grammar errors.
* AIS reserve the right to change, edit or modify this post or rules at anytime if necessary.
* AIS will award only one winner
* AIS will not compete in any manor
* The winner is the member who not only identifies the most number of untrue statements but also most accurately list the reasons why for each.
* AIS will ship the prize Friday standard ground. The winner has the option of upgrading to a Stage 2 system by paying an additional $230.00 for the progressive controller.

1st Post

You can look up the msds by getting on the manufactures website and then doing a search for msds. Most neg 20 washer fluilds are 20-30% methanol.

Methanol can eat at some materials, This is why its important to use parts in the systems that are compatible. You would be surprised but there are methanol kit manufactures that use parts in the systems that are not compatible. It blows my mind. Alum can have issues it its under constant contact. People have it alum anodize commonly to protect it from chemicals. Then with Brass Compatibility's It should not be used unless its nickel coated. Some places charge you extra to get parts that are compatible with the intended use. I highly recommend to stay away from bare brass.

2nd Post

Not trying to pick on you just trying to better educate you on the product you sell. There is no clear cut methanol ratio for any washer fluid. General the cheap store brands have more methanol. Anything over 40% usually always contains glycol which is a no no for methanol injection. But there are some out there are some -40 that only have meth and water.
from brand to brand meth content can vary very widely 1-2% to 50%

This is the important part of a msds
Notice the <6% meth
This is for rain x -25
Chemical CAS No / Unique ID Percent
Methanol 00067-56-1 <6
2-Butoxyethanol 000111-76-2 1-5
Water 007732-18-5 90-95
Siloxanes and silicones 999999-80-7 <1

Peaks -25 washer fluid 35% meth
-25 with 41% meth

You never know what your going to get by just going off the freezings point.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:04 PM
AIS

No matter what, AIS is giving away a FREE Stage 1 Trunk Mount Water Alcohol Injection System with Stainless Steel Hose this Friday to the member who can identify as many untrue statements as possible. You do not have to get all 10 untrue statements. If only one person posts a response you will be the winner and gets one right he or she will receive the free system.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:09 PM

10 each or 10 in total

also i think it would be better for people to PM you them instead of posting because people will go off of others posts

Last edited by redlineblueline; 12-03-2007 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-03-2007, 04:11 PM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
Originally Posted by kyyankee
10 each or 10 in total

also i think it would be better for people to PM you them instead of posting because people will go off of others posts
I agree
Old 12-03-2007, 04:17 PM
Platinum Member

subscribed... hopefully i can figure this out
Old 12-03-2007, 04:32 PM
AIS

Originally Posted by kyyankee
10 each or 10 in total

There are 10 total between these two posts. As a tip read each sentence one by one and challenge the statement. Some of this stuff is common sense, some are simple mistakes while other are just ..... we'll you'll have to wait to find out.

We will clearly list every untrue statement and back it with our response as to why on Friday. During that same time we will declare a winner.

As for your idea about PM the answers great idea since we want to reward the winner who figured it out best not someone who gathered everyone else ideas. I will post and change the rules here shortly.

As a bonus I will accept responses and let members know how many they have right so far that way they know where they stand.

Members most only subscribed to the thread and then PM us the answers.
Old 12-04-2007, 01:05 AM

Pm'd
Old 12-04-2007, 01:09 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is neat, I'm going to sticky it...
Old 12-04-2007, 10:37 AM

PM'd.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:55 AM

... Oh this will be fun...
I'll pick on the answers later....
Old 12-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor

I am calling you out.. I know you are just a coolingmist dealer and being new to methanol injection you don't releazie you selling a product that had parts that will not hold up to the intended us. Bare Brass is bad.

You familiar with dexcool? Red coolant that gm uses thats famous for leaving slug in the cooling system when air gets into the system. What happens when you let air into the system? Same thing with methanol and Brass. Just sitting it in Meth will not harm the brass. Its the air bubbles in conjunction.

http://www.alamomotorsports.com/FJO/waterinjection.htm
Fjo recommends No Brass,raw or anodized aluminum
Last line

http://www.snowperformance.net/news_item.php?prk=30
Snow recommends No Brass and other soft metals
Last line

http://www.alcohol-injection.com/for...-risk-670.html
DevilsOwn
We even wrote an artical about it since there is so much misconceptions.

Aquamist
Well they don't use brass but could not find where they say not to.

But I guess we are all wrong.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:46 AM

I'll answer later.
Old 12-04-2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by devilsown
I am calling you out.. I know you are just a coolingmist dealer and being new to methanol injection you don't releazie you selling a product that had parts that will not hold up to the intended us. Bare Brass is bad.
At least you did this and not me...
Old 12-04-2007, 11:53 AM

Vendor war!!!!
Old 12-04-2007, 11:54 AM

race war!...race war's on everybody!
Old 12-04-2007, 12:16 PM
Former Vendor

No vendor war. Devilsown and AIS hashed it out on the phone.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:18 PM

wow. you both have great products, to bad both of you representing the company seem a bit childish........
Old 12-04-2007, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Dead Zen
wow. you both have great products, to bad both of you representing the company seem a bit childish........
Not sure if you've been following -> In the beginning...
Old 12-04-2007, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Omega_5
Not sure if you've been following -> In the beginning...
oh snapz. even more childish. hmmmmm. i was a big fan of both brands too........... damn shame
Old 12-04-2007, 01:30 PM

This should be done in private & making it a sticky is even worse, Since it is a vendor against vendor problem! Much less 1 using anothers words to prove him wrong or right, If this was 2 members the thread would have been Lock! After all 2 wrongs don't make it right, Just My 2 cents!
Old 12-05-2007, 07:44 AM

indeed BlilBT
Old 12-05-2007, 07:52 AM

Dam, the guy just wanted to be nice and send out a free-bee. Give him a break...
Old 12-07-2007, 06:50 PM
AIS

We would first like to begin by saying that this is in no way trying to “mock” another vendor or poke fun at them. We have never been unprofessional nor have we done anything as of such or would ever single out a competitor and patronize them on the internet for all to read.

Alcohol Injections Systems (referred to as AIS from here on out), joined this forum due to orders received by Cobalt owners prior to our membership on Cobaltss.net. Recognizing this demand and by the referral of another CobaltSS.Net member/customer who recommended the site to us we joined and became a “Supporting Vendor“. Since becoming a “Supporting Vendor” we have enjoyed working with the members and have only advertised and supported our product, never mentioning any other competing companies or personally patronized them as has another competing company had done to us.

Posted by competing vendor

“Not trying to pick on you just trying to better educate you on the product you sell. “

We felt this remark was highly unprofessional, subjective and purely speculative, misleading members to believe that we are uneducated on the product we sell. If this isn’t crossing the line then what is and when do we have the right to formerly respond back. We feel it’s clearly understandable that this comment should have never been posted.

To further make matters worse, at the time of this statement this competing vendor was not a Supporting Vendor which we further felt they had no right to be posting in the first place let alone single out another competing vendor as they had. This remark came after we posted a general list of various windshield wiper fluids and their perspective approx methanol rations which they contain to better help the members of this forum.

Posted by AIS

This should help. I put this together to make it easier to know how much methanol is contained in the “various types of windshield wiper fluids. Depending on the brand the percentages may fluctuate by 1-3%.

Wind Shield Wiper Fluid Rating:

+32 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 1% Methanol/99% Water
+20 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 10% Methanol/90% Water
- 0 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 23% Methanol/77% Water
-10 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 20% Methanol/72% Water
-20 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 33% Methanol/67% Water
-25 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 35% Methanol/65% Water
-32 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 38% Methanol/62% Water
-50 Degrees Fahrenheit Rating - Contains Approx. 62% Methanol/38% Water”

We were simply trying to show members there is a cohesion between the temperature rating advertised on the label and how much methanol is included. And to provide a simple reference which members could use when asking how much methanol is in various temperature ratings of windshield wiper fluid as some members were already asking. It should be noted I originally listed a variance of 1-2 percent which I have since changed to 1-3%.

What struck our attention further was the misconception that was being posted about windshield wiper fluid not having any “clear cut” methanol ratio and that the methanol content can vary from brand to brand 1-50%.

“Not trying to pick on you just trying to better educate you on the product you sell. There is no clear cut methanol ratio for any washer fluid. General the cheap store brands have more methanol. Anything over 40% usually always contains glycol which is a no no for methanol injection. But there are some out there are some -40 that only have meth and water.
from brand to brand meth content can vary very widely 1-2% to 50%”

This is untrue. Regardless of the brand, when comparing equal temperature ratings, the percentages of methanol do stay very consistent as long as both brands are using methanol and not another alcohol or chemical. Some brands also contain isopropanol (rubbing alcohol) while there are brands which are formulated with chemicals which are environmentally safe and do not contain any methanol. When shopping for a windshield wiper fluid to use, we have always advised customers of brands which do not contain methanol and to read the label to make sure it says it “Contains Methanol” and to buy washer fluids rated below -20 F or lower as these are great, affordable source of water methanol to use with your water methanol injection system.

Further more this vendor, clearly listed the values wrong for the given temperature rating of RainX -25 windshield washer fluid.

“This is the important part of a msds
Notice the <6% meth
This is for rain x -25
Chemical************CAS No / Unique ID**********Percent
Methanol************00067-56-1**********<6
2-Butoxyethanol *****000111-76-2**********1-5
Water**************007732-18-5**********90-95
Siloxanes and silicones 999999-80-7**********<1”

Common sense can tell you that these figures are completely wrong. The windshield wiper fluid listed above could clearly never be rated for -25 F containing 90-95% water and only <6% (less then 6% methanol) as it would surely freeze under +20 F(water freezes at +32 degree’s F). The information listed above was for RainX +32 All Season With Bug Remover. This does not support his theory.

http://www.rainx.com/

http://www.pennzoil-quakerstate.com/...l7_msds_fs.htm

Next, this vendor went on to list the links to two additional brands and their MSDS sheets to further try to prove his point. Unfortunately this vendor is comparing percentages by weight - to percentages by volume. This again is common sense and clearly not the correct way to compare the two values.

“Peaks -25 washer fluid 35% meth
-25 with 41% meth

You never know what your going to get by just going off the freezings point.”

The correct information is ….

Peaks -25 washer fluid 35% meth This is 35% by Weight
-25 with 41% meth This is 41% by Volume and is 38% by Weight

This is within the 3% variance I listed earlier. This does not support his theory.

We understand making one or two simple mistakes but with this many untrue statements about windshield washer fluid it seems very credible or plausible that this vendor is attempting to further confuse forum members and readers on the subject of windshield wiper fluids and how much methanol is contained since essentially that’s what we are all looking for when shopping for a washer fluid. We understand this vendor sells their own blend of pre mixed water and methanol. We feel this company should provide valid information.

1st Statement

Methanol can eat at some materials, TRUE This is why its important to use parts in the systems that are compatible TRUE. You would be surprised but there are methanol kit manufactures that use parts in the systems that are not compatible. It blows my mind.(Why do they have brass nozzles and “Brass Fittings” listed on their website) Alum can have issues it its under constant contact TRUE. People have it alum anodize commonly to protect it from chemicals. Then with Brass Compatibility's It should not be used unless its nickel coated. UNTRUE - First of all this company still uses brass nozzles in their system to be completely fair and upfront. We have been using methanol in carburetors for over 40 years and we still use brass jets, needle and seats, etc.I suggest members call The Carb Shop or other carburetor specialty shops and ask them to confirm this. Other companies like BDS (Blower Drive Service) and other companies which make mechanical and EFI alcohol injection systems also use brass fittings in their systems. Were not talking water methanol injection systems but yet a engine which runs on pure methanol injection Some places charge you extra to get parts that are compatible with the intended use. We do not do this. I highly recommend to stay away from bare brass. UNTRUE.

2nd Statement

Not trying to pick on you just trying to better educate you on the product you sell.DITTO There is no clear cut methanol ratio for any washer fluid. UNTRUE - Read post above as to why. We are currently looking into which Gov't agency regulates the production of windshield washer fluidGeneral the cheap store brands have more methanol. UNTRUE Anything over 40% usually always contains glycol UNTRUE - There are too many brands which contain over 40% which do not contain Glycol which does not support this statement.which is a no no for methanol injection UNTRUE Due to the very low amount of Ethylene Glycol, typically 1-3% when included, we have not found this to be detrimental to engines at such a small quanities. . But there are some out there are some -40 that only have meth and water TRUE - Store bought brands are no different. The mixture still follows as normal..
from brand to brand meth content can vary very widely 1-2% to 50% UNTRUE - The methanol content typically varies by only 1-3%. Read explanation above.

This is the important part of a msds
Notice the <6% meth
This is for rain x -25 UNTRUE - This is for +32 F RainX)
Chemical************CAS No / Unique ID**********Percent
Methanol************00067-56-1**********<6
2-Butoxyethanol *****000111-76-2**********1-5
Water**************007732-18-5**********90-95
Siloxanes and silicones 999999-80-7**********<1

Peaks -25 washer fluid 35% meth
-25 with 41% meth

UNTURE - This vendor went on to list the links to two additional brands and their MSDS sheets to further try to prove his point. Unfortunately this vendor is comparing percentages by weight - to percentages by volume. This again is common sense and clearly not the correct way to compare the two values.

You never know what your going to get by just going off the freezings point. UNTRUE

Brand__Temp____Methanol %____Ethylene Glycol__Isopropanol
Splash____+32______1% by weight______ 0%______ 0%_____
Splash____+22_____ 8% by weight_______ 0%______ 0%_____
Splash____-20______ 31% by weight______ 0%______ 0%_____
Splash____-25______ 34% by weight______ 0%______ 0%_____
NuGenTec +20______0%_______________ 0%______ 5%_____
NuGenTec__-0______ 0%_______________ 0%______ 30%____
Splash Di-Icer*-30___41% by volume_____ 0%______ 0%_____
Peak______+32_____1% by weight_______ 0%______ 0%_____
Peak_____ +20______20% by weight______0%______ 0%
Peak_____ -0_______ 23% by weight______ 0%______ 0%
Peak_____ -20______ 33% by weight______ 0%______ 0%
Peak_____-25______ 35% by weight______ 0%______ 0%
Mr. Clean_ +32_____ 1% by weight_______ 0%______ 0%
Mr. Clean_ +20_____ 10% by weight______ 0%______ 0%
Mr. Clean_ -30______ 36% by weight______ 3%______ 0%
Austins___ -25%____ 35% by weight______ 0%______ 0%
Austins De-Icer_N/A_ 30.9% by weight_____3%_____ 0%
Austins____+32_____ 2.8% by weight_____ 0%______ 0%
SuperTech -25______ 38% ______________0%______ 0%
Supertech -20______ 30% weight_________0%______ 0%
SuperTech +22______<8% by weight______0%______ 0%

http://www.superclean.com/pdf/Splash_Wash_4.pdf

http://www.nugentec.com/MSDS_Sheets/...luid%2020F.pdf

http://www.hardwarestore.com/media/msds/256131.pdf

http://www.peakantifreeze.com/peak_bluewash.html

http://www.mrcleanwipers.com/wash.html

http://www.pennzoil-quakerstate.com/...l7_msds_fs.htm

http://msds.walmartstores.com/search_results.asp

Due to them many response we received, we will announce notify and list the member who will receive the FREE Stage 1 trunk mount system with stainless steel tomorrow once we review the reply’s.

Last edited by AIS; 12-07-2007 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-07-2007, 07:02 PM

ais that was to damn long to read! lol

i cant use meth kits so i dont know how they work but it seems like you outdid the other vendor
Old 12-08-2007, 07:50 PM
AIS

We appreciate everyone’s responses and participation. After reviewing all the responses
we have picked a winner. The winner for the free AIS Stage 1 Trunk Mount Alcohol Injection System W/Stainless Steel Hose is Cobaltss.net member “liolixi” from Slippery Rock, PA.

Happy Holidays,
AIS

Quick Reply: Win a FREE AIS Stage 1 Rear Trunk Mount Water Alcohol Injection System w/Stainless