Alcohol Injection Systems Alcohol Injection Systems is a Supporting Vendor

Win a FREE AIS Stage 1 Rear Trunk Mount Water Alcohol Injection System w/Stainless

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AIS
We appreciate everyone’s responses and participation. After reviewing all the responses
we have picked a winner. The winner for the free AIS Stage 1 Trunk Mount Alcohol Injection System W/Stainless Steel Hose is Cobaltss.net member “liolixi” from Slippery Rock, PA.

Happy Holidays,
AIS
I got the e-mail and will post up pictures when it comes. I'm still in shock that I won. I just researched as much as I could in that small period and put answers in. I couldn't pass up the chance, but never thought I would actually win. You guys are great! I love when vendors do stuff like this for the community.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, and I thought it was all grammatical errors.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:11 PM
Banned

wait, so after you 2 bickered back and forth, and the thread got locked, you decided to post the other companies posts and have a contest to see who could point out the most wrong things? that's not cool at all man. funny, but not cool.
Old 12-11-2007, 02:21 PM

... well... it's settled... I'll be getting a Snow water/meth kit... cause AIS and Devils Own can't quit arguing....
Old 12-11-2007, 02:27 PM

I think AIS did a great job. showing us who knows more about there product. who would you rather Buy from. some one educated in the product they sell and can tell you what u need to get it done right with out hurting your car. OR some one who tells you the opposite and gives you the name of a product that will damage your car because of the contents in it??
Old 12-12-2007, 01:51 PM

Ais Ftw
Old 12-12-2007, 02:20 PM
AIS
Non Authorized / Non-Supporting

It's unfortunate many of the members feel this way as this is not what we intended for. We've never once mentioned this vendor before or their product. When these comments were made about us we had to defend our competency and proficiency in our product and water methanol injection.

We also felt it was necessary to point out the untrue statements which were being made. This isn’t the first time they have done this as we have scene on other forums. “As vendors, we should stick to providing helpful and accurate advice to other members, not trying to **** on other vendor's posts.”

In the end we gave away a free system to a well deserving, apprreciative member.
Old 12-12-2007, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by AIS
It's unfortunate many of the members feel this way as this is not what we intended for. We've never once mentioned this vendor before or their product. When these comments were made about us we had to defend our competency and proficiency in our product and water methanol injection.

We also felt it was necessary to point out the untrue statements which were being made. This isn’t the first time they have done this as we have scene on other forums. “As vendors, we should stick to providing helpful and accurate advice to other members, not trying to **** on other vendor's posts.”

In the end we gave away a free system to a well deserving, apprreciative member.
And thank you for that. thanks to you, i see its not all that hard to get the water/methanol to refill the tank, so im looking in to a kit. I thought i had to go to a special place to order the stuff, and thats not the case. i can pick it up any where. Thanks again.
Old 12-12-2007, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by AIS

I get sick of the opposite happening. Too much on here people take liberties against vendors and nothing is said in response. I wish more vendors would show up and defend themselves. That is part of business defending your product and gaining support. It really ups my opinion of AIS.

I also get sick of people thinking they know more than vendors or people who do something for a living. Just as much other vendors thinking they can sneak in some cheap shots at other vendors in random threads. If you want a vendor who doesn't talk and doesn't care about the customers or future support that is insane. There is no arguement or bashing. AIS opened a dialog. That is called having class.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:24 PM

As promised, here are the pictures. Sorry, the cat was curious something new on the floor. The system arrived rather quickly. I was packaged great and looks great. I will post more info and pictures once it is on. I plan to install it ASAP, but will not connect it right away. I have a few more parts to get on with it and then will get my tune and post the before/after dyno too. Thanks again guys. I'm getting the retune at intense, are you guys near them?

Cobaltss.net image hosting seems to be down. Pics are now on post 37.

Last edited by liolixli; 01-31-2008 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-07-2008, 11:26 AM
AIS

Originally Posted by liolixli
As promised, here are the pictures. Sorry, the cat was curious something new on the floor. The system arrived rather quickly. I was packaged great and looks great. I will post more info and pictures once it is on. I plan to install it ASAP, but will not connect it right away. I have a few more parts to get on with it and then will get my tune and post the before/after dyno too. Thanks again guys. I'm getting the retune at intense, are you guys near them?

Hi Joseph,

How's the car coming along? Have you had a chance to get everything installed and tuned? Just checking to see how everything was coming along for you. Keep us posted.

Last edited by AIS; 01-14-2008 at 09:13 AM.
Old 01-09-2008, 02:01 PM

Not sure why the pictures are down. They must be updating the site where they were. I haven't had a chance to get much work down with it yet. I ordered a new 3" intake from RAW to replace my injen and upgrading my TB to 3.5". I'm going to use the spacer with it to port into even though that isn't the ideal set up. I have to wait for the intake to ship.

I have a tune scheduled for spring or early summer. It is hard because of my work schedule and columbus is 3 hours away. Plus, intense only does tunes one or two days a week I believe. I should have the kit installed shortly after getting the intake. I haven't been in a hurry since I can't get the tune for a few months anyway.

Update of Photos:

This is the box it came shipped in. It was Packaged very well and did not shift around at all.

This is the kit spread out from the box.

Another picture of everything in the kit without a cat in the way.

This is the contents of the bag.

Last edited by liolixli; 01-31-2008 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:29 PM
AIS

Not sure why the pictures are down. They must be updating the site where they were. I haven't had a chance to get much work down with it yet. I ordered a new 3" intake from RAW to replace my injen and upgrading my TB to 3.5". I'm going to use the spacer with it to port into even though that isn't the ideal set up. I have to wait for the intake to ship.

I have a tune scheduled for spring or early summer. It is hard because of my work schedule and columbus is 3 hours away. Plus, intense only does tunes one or two days a week I believe. I should have the kit installed shortly after getting the intake. I haven't been in a hurry since I can't get the tune for a few months anyway.

Update of Photos:

This is the box it came shipped in. It was Packaged very well and did not shift around at all.

This is the kit spread out from the box.

Another picture of everything in the kit without a cat in the way.

This is the contents of the bag.
Hi Joseph,

We wanted to check and see how's your car coming along and if you have installed your system yet? I know you mentioned waiting on a few other parts to come in before having it tuned. How's everything coming?
Old 02-10-2008, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by AIS
Hi Joseph,

We wanted to check and see how's your car coming along and if you have installed your system yet? I know you mentioned waiting on a few other parts to come in before having it tuned. How's everything coming?
Just waiting for the Rebel intake from the group buy to arrive. Should all be coming along real quick now.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:28 AM

Looks good... and I want one!
Old 02-11-2008, 09:35 AM
AIS

Originally Posted by CSM Huber
Looks good... and I want one!
Sorry, this was an event which happened last year in which we gave away a free system. Surely, this year around Christmas we will offer another give away.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:50 AM

I finally have the kit on. I'm sorry about all the delay. I ended up working 6 day weeks for a few months. I ended up paying to get it installed. It is working great so far. I drove 100 miles highway with no fluid used and 20 miles mainly WOT with only half the tank used. Timing is up to about 22* with no issues.

I'll try to get some pictures of it installed. I'm also hitting the dyno on july 2nd. Thank you guys again for the kit. I'm sorry that I couldn't get more info sooner.
Old 06-21-2008, 02:53 AM
Bannned

bout damn time
Old 06-21-2008, 03:16 AM

Yeah, I know. We have a family business and my grandmother got sick. My aunt had to take care of her, so that left us two people short a lot of the time. She is ok now, but it left me with a lot of extra work and very little extra time.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:17 AM
Bannned

pics
Old 06-21-2008, 06:33 PM

Here is the kit installed in the trunk. Plenty of extra room is left after the install. Had to remove a little insulation to better snug the bolts. None of the rest of the lines are openly visible anywhere (they can be seen in the packaging images) I apologize I just noticed the stainless line is not in those either, but that is it with it's cover. The final image is the TB adapter with the methanol tapped in.

Old 06-22-2008, 03:14 AM
Bannned

clean install
Old 06-22-2008, 02:03 PM
AIS

I finally have the kit on. I'm sorry about all the delay. I ended up working 6 day weeks for a few months. I ended up paying to get it installed. It is working great so far. I drove 100 miles highway with no fluid used and 20 miles mainly WOT with only half the tank used. Timing is up to about 22* with no issues.

I'll try to get some pictures of it installed. I'm also hitting the dyno on july 2nd. Thank you guys again for the kit. I'm sorry that I couldn't get more info sooner.
Hi, nice to hear back from you and see you installed everything and your happy with it. Don't worry about anything. I understand how busy times can get and other events can happen. It was given to you with no strings attached. Just happy to hear back and see that you used it. and didn't sell it...lol.

Let me know how it goes at the dyno. Take care.

Rodney