Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Corbeau LG1 Review

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2007, 05:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Corbeau LG1 Review

Corbeau LG1 Black Microsuede Seats

First let me say thanks to Tim at http://volpaz.com for hooking me up with the best price I could find.

After measuring the hell out of the cobalt, I decided to go with the LG1's as it was wider then the stock Recaro's, but gave agressive shoulder and kidney support.

I decided to get the black microsuede over the cloth, as I have seen the cloth fade out and tear over time. The microsuede is a very nice material, and feels much sturdier then the cloth. Dog hair however, is almost impossible to get off of them.

Install was very easy, and took about 30 mins once I got a T55 torge socket to get the seat belts buckles off. The brackets from corbeau are nice and heavy duty. I went with the single locking brackets, just like the oem ones as I mainly use the car for a daily driver. If auto crossing, I would reccomend the double locking brackets. One thing I do not like is that the slider/adjustment bar sticks out a good 4 inches from the front of the seat when the seat is moved to the rear.

Putting the seat belt buckles back on the bracket was a bit of a pain. I had to modify the bolt that secures the seat belt buckle to the new bracket to allow it to swivel back in forth as the stock set up does. I still need to spend some more time on this and may actually look for a complete replacement to make the buckle sit lower and closer to the seat.

This didn't take long, however, I would recommend going with a harness bar and 4 point harness if you have that option. I still need to get a car seat in my backseat, so right now I will have to make do with the stock seatbelt. The airbag/seatbelt sensor is directly wired into the driver's seat belt buckle. Reinstalling this was easy with a few zip ties to insure the wire didn't get tied up in the adjustable brackets. You can see in this picture the positioning of the seatbelt buckle.

Pics of how the brackets look when installed.

I don't care for the gaps between the brakets and the carpet, but the stock plastic caps don't work on the corbeau brackets. I need to figure something out to solve this issue.

The seats fit tight along the center console, however there is just as much room along the door panels as the Recaro's offered. They do not slide forward or back very far, and there is less movement to the rear as compared to stock set up. I don't think I would reccomend this seat to anyone over 5' 11" unless you like sitting close to the wheel and the pedal like I do. If you are taller then 5' 11", a severe ghetto lean to the seat may be the only way to sit comfortably. I prefer to sit up straight to the wheel so this doesn't bother me.

This pic shows the seats as far back as they can go. I would say the Recaro's can go back 6 inches further then these corbeau's.

These seats so far are pretty comfortable. They have good cushioning in the seat area, but still give you a nice firm feeling in the rear end and back. You do however feel the bumps in your ass a bit more then with the stock seats. If you like your seats stiff and straight like I do, there is no need to get the lumbar support.

The seat sits about an inch or two lower then the Recaro's, which I like. I no longer hit my head on the roof when I hit a bump. Because they are lower, and the backing is half as thick as the stock seats, I can now see out the passenger side triangle window now, which I love. The big Recaro seat back and headrest would always block my view out of the window when making lane changes, etc.

Picture from the driver's seat looking out the side window.

The leg supports are not as severe as the Recaro's, but the seat sits angled so you do not feel like you slide to the sides in turns. The kidney supports make for getting out a bit more tricky. I will have to be careful as your clothes can catch on the raised wear patches and cause tears in the material.

Additional pics.

All in all, I am pleased with this purchase. The Recaro's killed my back on long drives, because I could never get them positioned just right for my needs. (I blame this more on the pedal position then the seats). Now I can sit straight up without having to turn my head to the side to keep from getting a concusion when I go over a speed bump. I can't wait to try them out on the track.

Last edited by Pieeater; 11-16-2007 at 09:40 PM.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:46 PM

they look so dirty hha
nice dude
Old 11-16-2007, 05:47 PM

Very nice, do you have the Recaro's for sell?
Old 11-16-2007, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by R&C_rallySS
Very nice, do you have the Recaro's for sell?
Will sell If I don't have to ship them. Can meet people in VA, MD and S. PA/ MD border. Please shoot me a PM with a reasonable price if interested. If intersted I can send you some pics of the Recaro's through email much easier then posting them on here. My broadband card is worthless.

The microsuede needs a good brushing to get all the "prints" out of it. Worth it tho if the seats last longer then the cloth ones do.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:02 PM
Not a Sebring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Loved the seats in person man. Great lateral support and they themed well with the rest of your car. With those seats you got the "total package" look going on. Lowered, wheels, the headlights, shaving, exhaust and now the seats. Im loving it man.

Im suprised more people didnt check this thread out. Your tech reviews are top notch.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:17 PM

Yeah do like the seats a lot. Very nice upgrade.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:44 PM

loved your car man very well done....
Old 11-18-2007, 08:52 PM

Thanks alot guys. Coming from the three of you (after seeing your cars in person), I greatly appreciate it.

I do love the seats. Glad I finally talked myself into changing out the Recaro's for something alittle snugger. I hit a 90 degree turn today that I usually get thrown to the side. My large ass didn't budge at all.

They must be comfortable too. The woman fell asleep within 3 minutes of driving out of the parking lot today.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

Man those look sweet I am looking into getting some Corbeau A4's in the microsuede. How good was the price?
Old 11-23-2007, 10:44 PM

Can we get a picture with the seat belts buckled? Preferably with someone in it? I'm curious to see the clearance.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by j4s0nmuzik
Man those look sweet I am looking into getting some Corbeau A4's in the microsuede. How good was the price?
The price was much better then I could find anywhere else. Send Tim an email at sales@volpaz.com and he can give you a quote. It worked out to be cheaper to get the brackets at the same time.

Herndon, there is plenty of clearance for the seat belt. Without the nifty seatbuilt guide that comes on the stock seats, the seat belt does ride a bit higher on your shoulder then before and if you are short, you may find that our non-adjustable seat belts cut across the lower part of your neck. As I reccomended before, buy a harness bar and get a set of harnesses if you are going to be doing any agressive driving, but the stock belt system can be adapted to work just fine as long as you are not short. (Atleast with the LG1's)
Old 11-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Slobodan Milošević

Received 215 Likes on 175 Posts
how much do you want for the stock seats?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by 07blackg5
how much do you want for the stock seats?
Sorry, I already have a sale pending.