Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

CUPHOLDERS! for ss/sc

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CUPHOLDERS! for ss/sc

thought I would give the info here instead of the lounge since it moves a super speed there.

Has anyone actually done a conversion to the LS/LT/SS non SC cupholders on their SS/SC?

Today I got my rubber insert thinking it would work but I guess I didn't do my research. The question is will buying a LS/LT plastic cupholder fit correctly where my SS/SC plastic cupholder is now? Someone mention it not fitting because of the shifter but looking at it there looks to be plenty of room in there.

So right now I have the LS/LT rubber insert and I would like it to fit, if that means I have to get the plastic cupholders from the LS/LT im fine with that.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by kapster
thought I would give the info here instead of the lounge since it moves a super speed there.

Has anyone actually done a conversion to the LS/LT/SS non SC cupholders on their SS/SC?

Today I got my rubber insert thinking it would work but I guess I didn't do my research. The question is will buying a LS/LT plastic cupholder fit correctly where my SS/SC plastic cupholder is now? Someone mention it not fitting because of the shifter but looking at it there looks to be plenty of room in there.

So right now I have the LS/LT rubber insert and I would like it to fit, if that means I have to get the plastic cupholders from the LS/LT im fine with that.
i had no idea they were different. have a pic of the piece you have?
Old 08-15-2007, 02:08 AM

I could, tomorrow Ill get a good one with both pieces. But what I have now is the Rubber insert that all LS/LT/SSnosc people get that slides into their plastic cupholders.

But for some reason or another the plastic cupholders on the ss/sc do not fit with that rubber insert. The insert looks slightly wider.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:45 AM

You are talking about the rubber spill catcher that non-SC's have that you can pull out and clean instead of trying to get a rag into the holder itself.

I didn't realize they were different either until I went to check - reson why of course is that non-SC has a little dip on either side, and the SC only has it on the top.

So far as a work around, I don't know. The actual hole for the cupholder in the SC is smaller since the SC's shifter plate is quite a bit bigger and sits 1/2" further forward than non-SC's.

I think you'd have to cut, and if that's the case I'd almost say to get a piece custum molded for it..?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:17 AM

cupholder mod, ftmfw