Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

the dash project -fiberglass...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb the dash project -fiberglass...

alright some of you mite of seen some random pics kickin around or if you was ever over on the www.nbbadtoys.com site you mite be following the topic.

either way i wanted to share the ongoing work with more people. ..

this is the main topic link
http://nbbadtoys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2187
iv also added a list as to what pages have how many pics to save everytime time who just likes to see pics.

here are a few samples... from diff points of the project

]

i was waiting till spring ti paint it black, buy dvd head unit, how ever now im going to add a screen to the top part of the dash above the vents soon as i save the money and find one that will fit and not be all ugly.

**** load more pics and info here http://nbbadtoys.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2187
wen changes take place ill update this topic for you all as well.

sorry the pics are a bit messed up cause i just grabed a few random thumbs and full sized as samples.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:13 AM

won't the diamond plate cover over the airbag prevent it from working properly? I mean instead of the airbag in your passengers face he/she gets a piece of diamond plate steel flyin at them at mach 2....
Old 11-09-2008, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by Tazmanian_Dvl
won't the diamond plate cover over the airbag prevent it from working properly? I mean instead of the airbag in your passengers face he/she gets a piece of diamond plate steel flyin at them at mach 2....

haha
Old 11-09-2008, 11:19 AM

I could see it now right after the accident...

Him: are you OK?

His passenger: Yes that steel plate that cushioned the blow was MUCH softer then that bag filled with air that came with the car from the factory...
Old 11-09-2008, 11:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lulz. ps2 will work much better than airbag
Old 11-09-2008, 11:21 AM

no longer an airbag in there to fly out at anyone.
the dp lifts up and the PS2 is going to live in there.

ps2 has a diamond plate skin on it shown in the small pic
Old 11-09-2008, 11:51 AM

Isn't it illegal to remove functional airbags from a vehicle?
Old 11-09-2008, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by NCC-2000
If he ever gets into an accident his insurance won't cover ANY medical bills. Poor guy
Old 11-09-2008, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by OriGinaL Condo
If he ever gets into an accident his insurance won't cover ANY medical bills. Poor guy
if u have medical insurance they should still cover u

plus who cares, air bags really dont do a hell of a lot in my opinion, old cars never had them and it was never an issue, i actually heard of people dying from airbags
Old 11-09-2008, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by NCC-2000
i checked with the dealer. aparently its legal. and the wheel still has airbag.

and luckly i live in canada and dont have to pay hefty medical bills. nor do i drive like an ass racin down streets. then again i do understand that its possible other punk kids trying to race. but airbags often fail and or go off when they shouldnt. its a catch 22 really.

there isnt a lot you can do to your car that ,even if making it safter the dealer or insurance co. does not see it as that and your at fault.... i guess we all take chances.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...63#post3079563 <-- my trunk project

Last edited by SV513; 11-09-2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-09-2008, 08:42 PM

so the first idea was my idea to put it above the vents. till i lo0oked and thought,. hmm i dont need center vents. could also change the angle as well as make for more back space...

not sure what way to do it now... sigh
Old 11-09-2008, 10:54 PM

put it where the stock radio is.
Old 11-09-2008, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by SV513
i checked with the dealer. aparently its legal. and the wheel still has airbag.

and luckly i live in canada and dont have to pay hefty medical bills. nor do i drive like an ass racin down streets. then again i do understand that its possible other punk kids trying to race. but airbags often fail and or go off when they shouldnt. its a catch 22 really.

there isnt a lot you can do to your car that ,even if making it safter the dealer or insurance co. does not see it as that and your at fault.... i guess we all take chances.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...63#post3079563 <-- my trunk project
lol right your in that "club" you never race LMAO, make sure you dont do 130 down "main street" with a spare tire and have your buddies cut you off.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:05 AM

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts
i have a nice alpine screen fs if u want it. good looking stuff there
Old 11-10-2008, 05:42 AM

put it where the stock radio is.
going to put a x2 din player in this will be extra screen.

Originally Posted by Zekdemos
lol right your in that "club" you never race LMAO, make sure you dont do 130 down "main street" with a spare tire and have your buddies cut you off.
that wasnt me. im sure you must know people that "race" and have crashed cars. either way it dont matter how good of a car or driver or even really how fast... if someone hits you/cuts you off -- speaking of that car rolling and safty related. no airbags went off.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by nikebaseballx00
if u have medical insurance they should still cover u

plus who cares, air bags really dont do a hell of a lot in my opinion, old cars never had them and it was never an issue, i actually heard of people dying from airbags
lol, air bags do, do a hell of a lot. That's why we have them and that's why it's the law to have them in new cars. It was an issue in old cars, you should check crash statistics. lol

BTW old cars didn't have seat belts either, should we do away with those? Your logic is seriously flawed.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:05 AM

air bags saved my life in a head on crash
Old 11-10-2008, 03:35 PM

i never said they was useless. and i still have driver side airbag. car is not something i plan on drivin the **** outta. iv been in car crashes that airbags didnt go off. i was hit head on. 93 taurus. yea its older but i bet it would of felt nice to have an airbag hit me then get smashed against the door so hard my seatbelt broke, and my buddys G5 rolled 4 times in the air and landed on its roof. airbags didnt go off. with out with out the airbags the G5 and cobalts are really safe we all have seen them smashed. and im not saying hey its safe with out them. or hey it wont happen to me. its a chance just like doing anything else to the car you take a chance of getting finds. void warrenty, blown motor...ext.

if i put a roll cage in my car it will fail safty inspection. clearly makes it safer ..but they dont think so. maybe not safer for other cars. what about big ass suvs that dont seem fair .

as far as seatbelts. look at all the retards that dont use them. if its there or not people will either not use it or use it wrong may as well not have it.... how ever i always wear my seatbelt.
Old 11-10-2008, 03:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by IMADreamer
lol, air bags do, do a hell of a lot. That's why we have them and that's why it's the law to have them in new cars. It was an issue in old cars, you should check crash statistics. lol

BTW old cars didn't have seat belts either, should we do away with those? Your logic is seriously flawed.
x a million, the air bag in balt saved my ass along with the seatbelt, hey remove the seatbelt too and replace it with a retractable extension cord for that ps2!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How-to on how tot ake dash apart? PLEASE i would like to add my gauges there and ditch my pillar pod.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:08 PM

x mofucking 2
Old 11-10-2008, 08:55 PM

im sorry i thought it was all about making the car a "one off" diff from anyone elses. i figured this is why there is so many people and places makin parts to add to your own custom work and so many people making custom things. i thought it was all about out doing the never done befor and making something be that normaly wouldnt changing the normal even. ....but i guess there is a growing number of people around that may call themselfs the "stock defenders" ...? sure i welcome feedback and diff views or else id of never posted it. but get over the fact i removed my airbag. ... any mod has its pros and cons (most personal ,often pointless, take away from safty...ect) and most done in ones personal taste or to be different, push a limit. ground breaking. outside the box. or to make people think dream or aim for there own personal "dream" ... again i could be all wrong the above ideas and outside the box thing mite only be limited to a cookie cutter civic or pimp my ride jobby
Old 11-11-2008, 01:30 AM

looks sick man, but glare is gonna be tedious
Old 11-11-2008, 01:39 AM

nice ****
Old 11-11-2008, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by SV513
im sorry i thought it was all about making the car a "one off" diff from anyone elses. i figured this is why there is so many people and places makin parts to add to your own custom work and so many people making custom things. i thought it was all about out doing the never done befor and making something be that normaly wouldnt changing the normal even. ....but i guess there is a growing number of people around that may call themselfs the "stock defenders" ...? sure i welcome feedback and diff views or else id of never posted it. but get over the fact i removed my airbag. ... any mod has its pros and cons (most personal ,often pointless, take away from safty...ect) and most done in ones personal taste or to be different, push a limit. ground breaking. outside the box. or to make people think dream or aim for there own personal "dream" ... again i could be all wrong the above ideas and outside the box thing mite only be limited to a cookie cutter civic or pimp my ride jobby
i agree with the first 2 sentences and stopped paying attention after that... keep on rocking brother and post them pics.

Quick Reply: the dash project -fiberglass...