Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Mr. Clean Auto Dry

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 04:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr. Clean Auto Dry

Has anyone tried this thing? My friend bought one and said it actually worked, he didn't have to hand dry at all and it was perfectly streak free. I picked one up today but didn't get a chance to use it cause of work. I figured what the hell for 20 dollars.

I dunno if my friend is just trying to get me to make my car ugly on a wash (he absolutely hates domestic and hates me forever for getting the Cobalt SS) or if he is actually being truthful. Guess I'll find out.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:22 PM

My parents use it on their SSR and they love it. I actually used it on my cobalt the other day and it worked great.. Thumbs UP for the Mr. Clean Auto Dry.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Best product EVER...I have one and I LOVE it. And yes, it works, just keep an eye on the filter or else you'll get water spots from the deposits in the tap water. If you've got hard water or notice spotting before the filter says it's done, change it sooner. That seems to be the key.

I love it. I have 2 at my house. my dad and I each have our own lol. did you get the newer upgraded one which is black? thats the one i ahve and it works a lot better then the original since it has an extra nozel on it for spraying the water a lot faster in a jet stream. andd it applys the last coat a lot better too. your going to love man. Comes out awsome and its so much faster and easier then hand washing it.

ryan

The Mr.Clean auto dry system is awesome. It does start to get pricey to replace the filter and soap however. I use it on my car. No spots. If you get spots you did it wrong. And yes there is a right and wrong way to do it.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:20 PM

I actually used it today before the rain came down (such a waste now). I love it. I did a fast job of cleaning it, I did it all in about 20 minutes and I was still late to work. When it dried there was still dirt on the side, but that was because I was in such a hurry I know I didn't wipe it down properly, I just wanted to hurry up and see how the drying thing worked, lol. I was very surprised that it dried perfectly.

Now all I got to do is wait for a break in the weather do it properly.

And yes I did the upgraded one, it said Pro Series on the box. It has that extra jet stream sprayer which is good to get some of that hard grime off.

How much does the cartridge filter thing cost to replace? And can you use any soap or do you guys stick with the Mr. Clean soap?
Old 01-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Doc

I haven't tried to put different soap in there. I actually use a bucket and use the sprayer to rinse it off.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WSFrazier
I actually used it today before the rain came down (such a waste now). I love it. I did a fast job of cleaning it, I did it all in about 20 minutes and I was still late to work. When it dried there was still dirt on the side, but that was because I was in such a hurry I know I didn't wipe it down properly, I just wanted to hurry up and see how the drying thing worked, lol. I was very surprised that it dried perfectly.

Now all I got to do is wait for a break in the weather do it properly.

And yes I did the upgraded one, it said Pro Series on the box. It has that extra jet stream sprayer which is good to get some of that hard grime off.

How much does the cartridge filter thing cost to replace? And can you use any soap or do you guys stick with the Mr. Clean soap?
Filter and soap are $6-7 each. Filter is good for 7-10 washes depending on how hard your water is an how much you use for a single car wash. Soap I get about 5 washes out of a bottle. Considering the polymers in the soap are what makes the spot free drying stuff work, I'd say you're kind of defeating the purpose of buying the kit if you use different soap in it. That and it says right on it that using different soap could cause the nozzle to clog. If you feel the soap and compare it to regular soap, it's much thinner.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:23 AM

I have seen it and it works perfect but the "Filter" is a bit pricey...
Old 01-14-2006, 11:35 AM

I use it but honestly I am not that impressed with their claims of drying not required. It is streak free but on my blue colour, it's not waterspot free. I use a chamois even after I use the filter rinse, so I pretty much gave up on the stuff. Also, like Alicia says, it gets pretty expensive if you wash your car every other day like I do