Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

my body kit came in

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 01:19 AM
Jn2

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
my body kit came in

well i ordered a body kit last thrusday, and it came in today(wednesday), i am quite satisfied with the quick shipping, only one thing i complaign about is they broke a small piece from the rear bumper where the tailight goes, but i wasnt gunna send it back for some little **** a shop can fix, so i signed the papers after inspection an began the photoshot:

well i like it, now i have to give my buds friend a call for the paint, i will have to drill the thing to install it, it came with pre cut mesh, already installed, but i took it off cuz ima paint the mech black, but all in all, i like the look, and i hope it looks good, and that i dont break it, seeing as how fiberglass is to easy to break, atleast feels pretty weak, idk, this is my first body kit, so idk what to expect from it

Last edited by Jn2; 12-05-2007 at 01:22 AM. Reason: forgot to close a img tag
Old 12-05-2007, 02:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what kit did you get? how much? and where? looks sweet cant wait till you have pic of your car with it.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:44 AM

Be sure to post a pic of the car completed!
Old 12-05-2007, 08:31 AM

very nice, is that kit is urethane?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its made from squashed Smurfs am I right?

JK! Where are the sides?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:41 AM

Can't wait to see em on the car.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's going to look great man congratulations. Can you still keep your stock plastic fender wells?
I read somewhere on here that you couldn't but I don't know for sure.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:37 AM

Looks like the bc2 kit but it seems a bit modified. Has the side clearance lights on the rear bumper. Looks great though, cant wait to see the finished product.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:18 AM
Jn2

what kit did you get? how much? and where? looks sweet cant wait till you have pic of your car with it.
got the kit on www.carbodykitstore.com, it's like 530 shipped(free shipping)
very nice, is that kit is urethane
its fiber glass
That's going to look great man congratulations. Can you still keep your stock plastic fender wells?
I read somewhere on here that you couldn't but I don't know for sure.
well i can, it has a part that comes in where the fender well has the clips, but i have to drill the holes for the clips to go into, plus the fender plastice thingy can just hand on it self

now one more thing im pissed about, i took of my rear bumper, to line everything right and drill all the holes for the mounting, that way the shop can just paint it, well, the rear is to small, i mean it all fits, everything lines up right, except one part, where the bumper starts(at the wheel well) its to short, like there's a inch missing both sides, i was like WTF, i mean i can install it like that, i have to cut a small part off, but the wheel well will have an indentation where the bumper starts, on both sides, i talked to my bud, and he said that most likely they will have to cut the bumper in half, install it, than fill the gap in the middle with body filler, or cut that piece off the stock on, insert it, and mold it on, either way, major fabrication, i mean they said favrication was needed but ****,i didnt know it required it to be cut, i dont know about the front yet, ima try to install the front tommorw, i have a show next sunday i need to be ready for, i need this kit on, if the front works, than ima install the front, install the sides, get them painted, and go to the show like that, take care of the reat later on n the month, i just hope i dont have that problem with the front, im really hoping not, oh and the side skirt fit right, they are therght size, i only have to take out the mudflap cuz it gets in the way, but it fits the way it should , thats one thign i know works, well wish me luck, will defnatly post pics of it b4 the paint and after

Last edited by Jn2; 12-06-2007 at 12:21 AM. Reason: img tag instead of quote tag
Old 12-06-2007, 12:23 AM

cant wait to see pics of the install and paint !
Old 12-06-2007, 12:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
you're gonna need some bigger rims and smaller tires and a nice drop, then it will look sexy.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:14 AM
Jn2

i picked up the ss/sc springs from my bud today, thats as low as i will go, 1", to many road bumps by where i live, the kit will be lower than stock, i saw trhat already, and the springs will drop it down more, but yeah i will need bigger rims, i have 15"s right now, ima probably upgrade to some 17's later on next year
Old 12-06-2007, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by balmung892003
well i can, it has a part that comes in where the fender well has the clips, but i have to drill the holes for the clips to go into, plus the fender plastice thingy can just hand on it self.
Thanks for that info man. I appreciate that. Good luck with everything.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:47 AM

i like that kit , looks good.... cant tell form the angle but does the front bumper have the grill like the pic in the link, or is it all open?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok so what brand is the kit??? my buddy bought what he thought was a veilside kit off ebay for his miata. needless to say that $500 veilside kit sucked. we tried cutting the front bumper in half to make it fit and it was still screwed. he ended up buying the front bumper from veilside for $360. The skirts and rear bumper were fine. lesson learned, no name bodykits FTL.

its turbo'ed and my car still walks it. lol
Old 12-06-2007, 11:08 AM

let me know how the front bumper fits as i am in need of one and wouldnt mind this style
Old 12-06-2007, 03:59 PM
Jn2

well i took of the factory bumper, and placed the kits bumper instead, the front fits fine, so do the side skirts, its the rear thats being a pain in the ass, cuz it comes up short a inch on both side,, it all ines up right in the center for the trunk, and at the bottom, everything, except that one inch at the ends, but the front looked like it will fit after it get permanantly install, i just put it on and lined it up to see if it was gunna have the same issue as the rear

^^^all i did in that pic was line it up against the bumper, i had a couple things holding off the ground at the bottom, and the grill held it to the car, it looks like the front lines up perfect, i will lose the ability to use the factory grill, but i will replace it wil mesh anyway

^^a pic of it with the hood closed, as u can see it lines up right, the only thing it that it will require some body filler, to make the grooves of the car to line up
Old 12-06-2007, 04:05 PM

Thanks for the pics and info man. I need a new front bumper and I was looking at this one. Good to hear it fits. Don't worry every body kit I have ever installed needed modification. I'm stuck between going this route or stock. Thanks again for the pics. I wish you luck with threst of the install.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:19 PM
Jn2

yeah i knew modification was require, but hell, i didnt think it would have to be cut, that rear bumper is TOO short, they will have to cut it at the ends, than connect them with body filler, in the end the car will sit at the shop for a good while, ima go looking for a shop to see how much they will charge to install it, now only the install, including all drilling, sanding, and filling, once that is done, i will take the car home, and leave it in the garage, until i get the money to get it painted

i like that kit , looks good.... cant tell form the angle but does the front bumper have the grill like the pic in the link, or is it all open?
yes the kit came with the mesh, its not all open, the bumper has the little tabs that hold the mesh on it, the rear came with the mesh pre-installed, so did the skirts, but for the front, they sent them with the kit, un-installed, i have them in the garage, but yeah it does come with the mesh, and it is free with the kit, they are pre-cut to fit, and slide right into the tabs that hold them, than you fold the tabs over and they stay, but i dont have them on, cuz ima paint them black, i like black mesh better

Last edited by Jn2; 12-06-2007 at 04:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-06-2007, 04:19 PM

how long did it take the company to ship your kit to you? i ripped my front bumper off and cant drive till i replace it
Old 12-06-2007, 04:31 PM
Jn2

i bought it thursday around midnight, they sent it friday morning, and i got it wednesday aternoon, so it took them 4 business days to get it to me

ps-if you buy from them, send them your phone number, cuz theyw ot ship it unless they get ur number, send it thru the message on paypal, or send them an email with you number, cuz the shipping company needs it so than can call you the day b4 they deliver to make sure someone will be home to sign for it

Last edited by Jn2; 12-06-2007 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-06-2007, 04:32 PM

looks good take a couple pics of the back so we can see what you mean by it being short an inch.. anyways good luck with it
Old 12-06-2007, 04:41 PM
Jn2

well i edited a pic of my car sitting in the driveway, well i cant take the rear off, to put the new one on to take apic, to much work ya know? i already put the stock stuff on, so i edited this pics, the part in red is whats missing, so that part doesnt exist, see how the fender well ends up coming up short?

so basically pretend that red is black, and thats what it would look like
Old 12-07-2007, 04:31 PM

just ordered my front bumper, hope it fits as well as yours does
Old 12-07-2007, 05:42 PM
Jn2

good luck with it, i sent the guy a email about the kit not fitting on the back , he said to get him soem pics on how its not fitting and he'd get it all fixed(dunno if he's gunna send another, or cover the cost of repair)

Quick Reply: my body kit came in