Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Rearview Camera/Mirror

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rearview Camera/Mirror

I have been seeing alot of ss owners wanting to get rid of there rear wings & I think the Cobalt just says attitude with the wing.

but as most people I hate the blind spot it creates so I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a GOOD rearview mirror thats an LCD so I can mount a camera in the wind

I've seen a few that is offered on trucks & SUV's but I can't remember if the mirror was the viewing screen or not ?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:40 PM

This is the best LCD I found as I want one that replaces the mirrorhttp://www.buy.com/retail/Product.as...=0&dcaid=15894
Old 03-10-2006, 08:42 PM
p7x

nice
Old 03-10-2006, 08:47 PM

Here are same better LCD Mirrors
Well I guess no one as looked in to this or everyone is out partying tonight huh
I'm gona keep looking to see just how small a camera I can get to mount in the wing to feed a rearview mirror LCD

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/I/...9999/22553.htm
Old 03-10-2006, 10:57 PM

The only ones I've seen have the cameras in the bumper and they're tied into the screen for the navigation, insteresting idea though cause yea there is a blind spot
Old 03-10-2006, 11:13 PM

i never look back anyway ... already been there
Old 03-10-2006, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by UnstableSS
Yeah but how are you going to look back and see the dumbfounded look on the ricer you just raped.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by UnstableSS
Yea but I like to see MR Cop behind me before I drop the pedal & lunge 20 or 30 MPH over the speed limit I just like to see who's behind me before I get stupid

I have no problem driviong the car or backing up.

I might try one of these setups but I'm looking at a good place to mount the camera as to mount it in the wing I'd have to run wires threw the trunk deck & I really don't want to drill any holes in the trunk deck ?
Old 03-11-2006, 11:51 AM

i have a camara to mount some ware. but i have yet to mount it some ware. i was think about putting it right in the middle or the licesens plate. but im not sure if that is legal. a nothor spot i was thinking about was the key whole, getting rid of the key. (would probly have a bodyshop do this). any one eles have a good spot?
Old 03-12-2006, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Flash Gordon
I have been seeing alot of ss owners wanting to get rid of there rear wings & I think the Cobalt just says attitude with the wing.

but as most people I hate the blind spot it creates so I was wondering if anyone knows where to get a GOOD rearview mirror thats an LCD so I can mount a camera in the wind

I've seen a few that is offered on trucks & SUV's but I can't remember if the mirror was the viewing screen or not ?
i dont like those things my ex gf had it on her lexus and the camera shows everything wrong you cnat go by what the camera shows you you will hot something more likly then if you just used ur neck!
Old 03-12-2006, 02:04 AM

Not to be an ass, but that sounds kind silly. The visibility is not that poor that you require a camera! A rear view camera is for cehicles that have no rear window. I think that the visibility is actually pretty good out the back. You loose a little bit of the back window, but it is still easy to see where cars are behind you in my opinion. You still have side mirrors to use too if you are having trouble seeing out the back.

And if you are that paranoid of cops following you, maybe you're not driving as responsibly as you should be!
Old 03-12-2006, 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by mi6_
And if you are that paranoid of cops following you, maybe you're not driving as responsibly as you should be!
Now you are just talking sensebly, and not fun.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by mi6_
Not to be an ass, but that sounds kind silly. The visibility is not that poor that you require a camera! A rear view camera is for cehicles that have no rear window. I think that the visibility is actually pretty good out the back. You loose a little bit of the back window, but it is still easy to see where cars are behind you in my opinion. You still have side mirrors to use too if you are having trouble seeing out the back.

Yea it might be a bit silly but I thought it might be cool & isn't buying a SS SC cobalt with a wing & then selling it cuz you don't like the blind spot a little silly to but I always say it's what ever floats your boat ha ha ha!!

As for being paranoid & not driving responsibly all I can say is I have had no tickets in 12 years & my insurance reflects it but those who are not parinoid I'm sure don't give a crap & they can pay higher ins bills so again it's back to what ever makes you happy isn't it

After all I didn't buy a sports car to drive like Grandma & if you did then who is silly,, not to be an ass?????

The whole LCD/Camera thing is really over priced as I was looking on the web so I thought I'd pick a few peoples heads to see if anyone has done it or if it is even doable but I think I'll just spend the $500 in better upgrades & move on but thanks for your $.02