Canada Canadian North Pacific

coilovers: anyone talk to JBP?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2006, 09:51 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
coilovers: anyone talk to JBP?

hey all, i was making my weekly pop-in at JBP, sniffing out new products and getting the low-down on what they have coming out.

im trying to get all buddy-buddy with mev, cause he showed me the prototype coil overs for the SS (ive never seen so much chrome in my life!!!) and I want to be a tester.

he said there are other guys who came in already who might be prospects for coilover testers too so I better make up my mind soon. Im curious, if anyone else dropped in at JBP?? Do you think they are a good quality product for the money?
Old 01-17-2006, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too was considering becoming a tester, but the discount doesn't seem to attractive to me for some guys to beat the crap outta my ride for a good week. I'm sure the build and quality will be good but I dunno if it can still justify the price.

I desperatly want coil-overs but I think I'll wait to see what other companies have to offer(Tein, H&R, Eibach)
Old 01-17-2006, 04:55 PM

Yea..

The discount is really crappy.. For $2200 coilovers.. To just get 10% or whatever off.. Plus the install free (that is a given, otherwise there would be no point in having them have the car).. Your not getting much a break at all.. I mean basically your only getting 10% off.. The install doesn't even count as much.. I mean I can install this stuff in less then 1-2hrs in my driveway.. So I mean big deal.. 2hrs of labour.. 10% off.. Nah..

The would basically have to give them to me for me.. Think about it.. They need your car for a full week.. So rental car for 1 week is gonna cost what.. Like $100-200 I think... I dunno cause I never have acutally had to rent myself (GM pays when car is in shop for warrenty).. So I am losing money by giving them this. Plus if they really wanna make money off selling these things to others.. They have to take a lost of 1 or 2 items.. I mean sometimes you have to give alittle to make alot.. So what 1 or 2 cars get free coilovers. Well when people start buying them at $2000 a pop.. It will make it worth it..

I would do it if they were free basically.. They wanna make money off testing them on my car. Then they gotta do it free.. If your the test pilot then you should get a better deal then this.
Old 01-17-2006, 06:08 PM

2 G's for coilovers? No thank you Granted the kit has Bilstein inserts which are IMO the best but at 250 a corner the springs are $200 each Koni's are going in my car to match my Sportlines and I'll still be way in under that.
Old 01-17-2006, 11:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i want to see what they are like on a car. im serious about setting money aside for these if I can get that discount + install. plus, bilstein bragging rights!