Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Manitoba SS's 2011 Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2011, 11:27 AM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Projekt
******* 500 dollars back. **** you MPI.
Hey man it's $500 more than you had before. A buddy of mine got $45 back from his brand new Silverado haha.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well the rebate was from march 09 to march 2010 lol.

Still i added it up it should be more. Typical gov. ******* me over.

Just like income tax. oweing 800 dollars because i made to much money and didnt pay enough tax apparently
Old 05-13-2011, 12:04 AM
Got Bewst?

well the rebate was from march 09 to march 2010 lol.

Still i added it up it should be more. Typical gov. ******* me over.

Just like income tax. oweing 800 dollars because i made to much money and didnt pay enough tax apparently
Lol yup you said it. If you read the way that the returns were based off of there is soooo many catches to how much you actually get back.
Old 05-13-2011, 09:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I got $614 went and got a new TV as mine was going Kaput!
Old 05-13-2011, 02:30 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
729$ woohoo!
Old 05-13-2011, 03:24 PM
Got Bewst?

Originally Posted by yellow dragon
I got $614 went and got a new TV as mine was going Kaput!
Yes it was! Lol. Good purchase haha. What did you get?
Old 05-14-2011, 09:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An MB Guy

Well this is a tad awkward....and I wasn't about to make a new thread. This one seems applicable.

From Wpg, MB, looking for a used Aeroforce PTx01 gauge. Prefer red, which would then be part # PT401, but willing to consider other colors.

Hoping somebody local has one they are trying to sell.

Thanks.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:52 PM

Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Nothing awkward about that lol.
Good luck with your interceptor!
Btw
Post pics and your car description!
Old 05-14-2011, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by slapbetcommissioner
Btw
Post pics and your car description!
I ummm...

Pontiac.

Grand Prix GTP.

AHemm.

It's nothing special, just stock with a few bolt ons, and a torquey daily driver.

I spend a bunch of time on grandprixforums.net, and there is good community on there. However there are no other Winnipeggers. Cobalt SS's, especially SC's seem plentiful in the Peg. TBH there is a nice looking/stockish yellow one and a black one close to where I live.

Bottom line is I need to do a CASE re-learn, which an Aeroforce is able to do.

If somebody is bored at home and wants to meet up and perform a CASE on my car....I would give them $20. I know I know....it's not much, but I hear its only a 3 minute procedure. But hopefully I can find a used gauge.

BTW I may be purchasing a cobalt with/for the wifey in the future, so my activity may greatly increase on cobaltss.net.

Oh, also looking to rent a pulley puller

In the south end of the Peg.

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2011, 08:00 PM
Got Bewst?

Welcome mechguy. Are any of the Cobalt interceptors the same as your GXP? I didn't know you could do a relearn with them. My 06 SC uses a PT101.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Welcome mechguy. Are any of the Cobalt interceptors the same as your GXP? I didn't know you could do a relearn with them. My 06 SC uses a PT101.
Thanks for the response. Yes, the PT101 used by your 02 SS/SC is both the same gauge as needed for my GTP, and able to perform a CASE procedure.

Reference: http://www.aeroforcetech.com/files/A...ide_basic3.pdf

It seems more or less that those PT gauges work on majority of Pre-07/08 GM. Which is when CANBUS was introduced.
Old 05-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Got Bewst?

Well man I would definalty help you out but it's not an easy job pulling my interceptor out of my tri pod haha
Old 05-14-2011, 10:32 PM

if your interested i can run my tuning program on your car to pull the codes and such. i don't mind. i use to have a interceptor gauge. good stuff
Old 05-15-2011, 12:07 AM

if your interested i can run my tuning program on your car to pull the codes and such. i don't mind. i use to have a interceptor gauge. good stuff
That should work....do you have HP tuner or DHP power tuner? Those are the only two I know of that work for Grand ******.

I would be thrilled if you could help me with this.

A small story: As I was saying several posts before, I don't know any GP guys in Peg city. So I contacted the stealership for a quote on this and they had NO idea what I was talking about. They said they would get to me....never did. Thing is I plan to buy this gauge but yadda yadda yadda / $$$ / Full-time student / blah blah blah.....

Thanks again for considering....I will check back for your response or PM me.

P.S.: To the kind fellow who mentioned the difficulty with removing the gauge, I can understand. I guess I was thinking we could just park the cars really close to each other, and then, depending on the length of the OBD-2 harness, just unplug from you and plug into me.

Also, anybody in the city with a pulley puller?
Old 05-15-2011, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by mechguy
That should work....do you have HP tuner or DHP power tuner? Those are the only two I know of that work for Grand ******.

I would be thrilled if you could help me with this.

A small story: As I was saying several posts before, I don't know any GP guys in Peg city. So I contacted the stealership for a quote on this and they had NO idea what I was talking about. They said they would get to me....never did. Thing is I plan to buy this gauge but yadda yadda yadda / $$$ / Full-time student / blah blah blah.....

Thanks again for considering....I will check back for your response or PM me.

P.S.: To the kind fellow who mentioned the difficulty with removing the gauge, I can understand. I guess I was thinking we could just park the cars really close to each other, and then, depending on the length of the OBD-2 harness, just unplug from you and plug into me.

Also, anybody in the city with a pulley puller?
I think part source can rent them out i will check it out.;

Trifecta (is a open source program) is compatible with any obd2 GM vehicle, However to my knowledge GTP's are not on the list of tunable vehicles. I can still run a diagnostics and log your data however, just can not adjust your ECU.

However if you were interested in a tune. I can talk to Vince (owner of the company) and see if he is interested in unlocking GTP's i actually asked him awhile ago why GTP's were not unlocked and he said to me there was not much interested in them. where i replied here in canada they are a very popular cheap vehicle to modify and has a decent size market.

My inbox is full and i am about to go fishing. So reply on the boards and ill shoot you a PM with my info later.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:55 AM

I think part source can rent them out i will check it out.;

Trifecta (is a open source program) is compatible with any obd2 GM vehicle, However to my knowledge GTP's are not on the list of tunable vehicles. I can still run a diagnostics and log your data however, just can not adjust your ECU.

However if you were interested in a tune. I can talk to Vince (owner of the company) and see if he is interested in unlocking GTP's i actually asked him awhile ago why GTP's were not unlocked and he said to me there was not much interested in them. where i replied here in canada they are a very popular cheap vehicle to modify and has a decent size market.

My inbox is full and i am about to go fishing. So reply on the boards and ill shoot you a PM with my info later.
I appreciate the suggestions. The reason I need a CASE relearn is because I bought a different ECU and had a canned tune performed on it. So for now the tune is good enough......I think I will just have to bite the bullet and order a new aeroforce interceptor.

Oh, and I will check with part source on the pulley puller.
Old 05-15-2011, 10:04 PM
Got Bewst?

Ya the cable isn't very long on an interceptor unfortunatly.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Yes it was! Lol. Good purchase haha. What did you get?
an LG 50" Plasma
Old 05-16-2011, 08:43 AM

I appreciate the suggestions. The reason I need a CASE relearn is because I bought a different ECU and had a canned tune performed on it. So for now the tune is good enough......I think I will just have to bite the bullet and order a new aeroforce interceptor.

Oh, and I will check with part source on the pulley puller.
I have an interceptor not sure what P/N and I have a couple feet of cord on it. I will check at coffee break what P/N it is.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:52 AM

My car is and 07 but I got the gauge off Andy who i believe had an 06.
Old 05-16-2011, 10:08 AM

My car is and 07 but I got the gauge off Andy who i believe had an 06.
Hey,

If you have a cobalt SS supercharged, that gauge should work for me. Are looking to sell it?

Thanks.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:05 AM

No not wanting to sell but I may be able to help in terms of plugging it in like yousaid pulling the cars close together.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:35 PM

I dont think the cord is long enough to pull to cars together and do it. Its really not that hard of a install. but still annoying to do.

I may be confused but what is a CASE relearn? i understand the aeroforce functions, i did not think a CASE relearn was one of them. maybe i am confused by that term.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:46 PM

I dont think the cord is long enough to pull to cars together and do it. Its really not that hard of a install. but still annoying to do.

I may be confused but what is a CASE relearn? i understand the aeroforce functions, i did not think a CASE relearn was one of them. maybe i am confused by that term.
CASE = Crank Angle Sensor Error. When a new or different PCM is used, a CASE re-learn is required. The car runs fine as it is but I won't go WOT until this is done.

No not wanting to sell but I may be able to help in terms of plugging it in like yousaid pulling the cars close together.
Thanks for this offer....Projekt is suggesting the cables are too short But you can PM or msg me anytime if you feel otherwise. My week is very accomodating this week.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:48 PM

CASE = Crank Angle Sensor Error. When a new or different PCM is used, a CASE re-learn is required. The car runs fine as it is but I won't go WOT until this is done.

Thanks for this offer....Projekt is suggesting the cables are too short But you can PM or msg me anytime if you feel otherwise. My week is very accomodating this week.
So is it just a code that needs to be cleared? because to my understanding and having owned a aeroforce interceptor gauge, i thought thats all they could do. i was un aware that they could infact relearn the ECU

Quick Reply: Manitoba SS's 2011 Thread!