Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Alberta role call...lets hear from ya!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 03:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Canada Alberta role call...lets hear from ya!!

Ok its late Sunday night/ Monday morning and I was just looking around on and I'm seeing some people in AB that I've never seen b4.. Soo I'm calling you folks out too see who we all have no matter where ur at in Alberta!

Soo tell us what ur driven or whatever you want about yourself and say YO ok.. Don't be shy and don't hijack my thread please ... I guess I'll start..

My names ernie (no relation to bert) aka TheDriver. Driving an orange blast 06 Cobalt SS 2.4L.. Only mods or changes have been de-winged, eibach sportlines, painted calipers, 35% tint all round, K&N replacement air filter.. Changes to come asap, K&N Typhoon intake, B&M short throw shift or strut bar.. I love driving, responsibly of course and meeting other car owners and thier rides..

Ok someone elses turn
Old 03-12-2007, 09:26 AM

/wave
Old 03-12-2007, 11:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Steve. Born in Australia, moved to Canada about 7 years ago or so.
Drivin an 06 ss/sc

Perf: stage 2, K&N Typhoon (AEM dryflow filter), GMPP Catback, NGK plugs. dual interceptors.

Appearance: CF Invader hood, Custom grills, Custom badging, Painted stock 18's, painted interior, Armrest, wheel well LED's, Halo Projectors, HIDs (6k and 10k)

Met ya last year ernie., you and I were like the first ones to show up and stand in the rain hehe.

I generally tend to keep it for the track as far as racing, As i dont really like taking to much risk on the roads and 90% of my driving has my wife and 3 year old on the back, or commuting with my Father in law to work.

I have been known to occasionally open it up on open highway though if someone really goads me and my car is empty

Lookin forward to meeting you all this year.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:37 PM

Im Pascale.

Red 05 SS/SC few mods blah blah blah...

oh wait.. im jase.. sorry mistaken identity AS IT SEEMS TO HAPPEN ALOT PASCALE!

Natural born calgarian,

performance mods: Injen CAI, Ingalls dampner, DC strut tower brace
Visual mods: CA CF wing insert, shorty antenna, tinted windows, eibach sportlines, painted headlights, LED inner taillights, moved SS badge down the door to the 06+ area, 06 SS lower grille, removed rear chevy bow emblem

i think thats it.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:01 PM

Wayne, live in calgary
2006 Black SS/SC
No mods... yet

Somehow got a cracked passenger side mirror, nothing big but a **** off/annoyance to look at... so gonna do that. Then i'll probably order a Injen CAI, get Stage 1 (or 2... depending how nice income tax is this year lol).

I'll probably need help w/ the CAI cause when it comes to me working on my own car i always **** it up somehow, so if anybody is good for that lemme know
Old 03-12-2007, 05:55 PM

Name is Mike and I was born here in calgary. I drive a 2005 black ss/sc with blue seat inserts. My cars nickname is the howlingmonkey, my buddy and I came up with the idea but it's a long story that's not rated for this forum. I have some mods but nothing major on the car at the moment everything is sitting in my garage waiting to be put on. I've been working on cars since I was pretty young (around 5 or 6 years old) so if anyone needs a hand installing stuff let me know and i'll try and help you out.
If you want to see what my mods are now and what is happening to the howlingmonkey in the future you can check my vbgarage, i'm to lazy to type everything again sorry. The monkey and I are looking forward to meeting some of you this year!

Last edited by Malek; 03-12-2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-12-2007, 06:56 PM

James, live in Edmonton
2005 Arrival Blue SS/SC
<------Check VB for Mods

Most people in Edmonton come to me for help, as i have a huge pit in my garage and a fair amount of tools, including a pulley puller. PM me if you ever need any help and we can usually work something out.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Jase
Im Pascale.

Red 05 SS/SC few mods blah blah blah...

oh wait.. im jase.. sorry mistaken identity AS IT SEEMS TO HAPPEN ALOT PASCALE!

Natural born calgarian,

performance mods: Injen CAI, Ingalls dampner, DC strut tower brace
Visual mods: CA CF wing insert, shorty antenna, tinted windows, eibach sportlines, painted headlights, LED inner taillights, moved SS badge down the door to the 06+ area, 06 SS lower grille, removed rear chevy bow emblem

i think thats it.
HAHAHA!!! ASS... it's not my fault we have the same tastes!!!!!!!

I am Pascale...
Red 2006 SS/SC ... not 05 Jase

From New Brunswick moved to Calgary when I was a kid...

performance mods: AEM CAI, Recaro ltd. slip package
Visual mods: painted headlights

I don't have much done!!!!
Old 03-12-2007, 07:04 PM

Im Allan. drive a black 2007 cobalt ss/sc, unfortunatley no mods yet although im buying an injen intake saturday!
Old 03-12-2007, 09:34 PM

Some of you know me as Cody, others know me as Cody.

I dont have a cobalt... i just hang around these forums for shizzengiggles...

muwhahahhahaahahahhahahahaAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHaHAhHA hAHaHAHahAHHAhAHA
Old 03-12-2007, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Jekyl
Some of you know me as Cody, others know me as Cody.

I dont have a cobalt... i just hang around these forums for shizzengiggles...

muwhahahhahaahahahhahahahaAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHaHAhHA hAHaHAHahAHHAhAHA
Though you did have one of the (if not "THE" ) fastest cobalts on this forum.

Buy another one man!

btw hows the truck?
Old 03-13-2007, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by Apex
Though you did have one of the (if not "THE" ) fastest cobalts on this forum.

Buy another one man!

btw hows the truck?
NAW...his cobalt was slow j/k Jekyl, hopefully you pick up another one someday, but that truck of yours has some major potentail, I was actually considering looking at the new chevy superdutys when the comeout.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:45 AM

Ya Cody your ex Cobalt is a beast!! Larry (kaisoboy) was good enough to let me have a ride and ***** what a neck breaker but I can understand you buying a truck as long as it see's dirt even if it is a back alley ..

Soo far good response people, keep em comming..
Old 03-13-2007, 07:27 AM

my name is sam saunders, i live in albertas anus (brooks) and i bought a 2007 silver ss/sc G85.... ive had my car for 1 month and i have done a injen intake, TTR polished motor mount, and 10000K hids, i have a cf wing insert sitting in my bedroom, and ordering my stage 2 kit from CED (along with a stage 3 pully) when i get my tax back ($1600 WOOT) i'm also ordering my exhaust from tag in a month or so.... ALL GO NO SHOW!!! ... you can usally see me driving around brooks, or medicine hat, pretty hard to miss me....
Old 03-13-2007, 11:25 AM

Well, some now me as Larry...others now me as the guy who bought Cody's car.
Born in the Caribean (Sweet T&T) moved to Canada and pretty much lived everywhere in Alberta.

Not much in the way for major mods since Cody owned it. Check out my garage if your interested.

I need HPtuners. AUGGGG!!!!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Apex
I'll probably need help w/ the CAI cause when it comes to me working on my own car i always **** it up somehow, so if anybody is good for that lemme know
come to brooks, me and my dad will install it for u
Old 03-14-2007, 12:13 AM

Hi, Chris here, born in Calgary. Orange 06 ss/sc 2.5" pulley, ported blower, dual pass mod w extra he,zzp header(thats make the converter hit the sway bar)Dp blew apart sent back to see if warranty,gmpp exhaust ssc springs,mesh grills limo tint. Still trying to get the car tuned right. Any one want to buy it, haha.I have an idea to do a turbo equinox.
Saunders you coming down or over or what ever direction for the stage 2 install?
Old 03-14-2007, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by spaz
Hi, Chris here, born in Calgary. Orange 06 ss/sc 2.5" pulley, ported blower, dual pass mod w extra he,zzp header(thats make the converter hit the sway bar)Dp blew apart sent back to see if warranty,gmpp exhaust ssc springs,mesh grills limo tint. Still trying to get the car tuned right. Any one want to buy it, haha.I have an idea to do a turbo equinox.
Saunders you coming down or over or what ever direction for the stage 2 install?
damn right, in a few weeks
Old 03-15-2007, 10:52 AM

Hello there! My name is Mike and I am in Calgary, AB. I do not have a SS S/C yet....but that is going to change this weekend hopefully.

Currently I have a 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS with lots of mods on it. Here is a short list :
H.I.D.'s, Hotchkis lowering springs and sway bars, TRD STB, Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, Unichip.

I am really looking forward to getting my hands on a SS S/C and doing some mods to it!
Old 03-15-2007, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleLP
Hello there! My name is Mike and I am in Calgary, AB. I do not have a SS S/C yet....but that is going to change this weekend hopefully.

Currently I have a 2003 Toyota Matrix XRS with lots of mods on it. Here is a short list :
H.I.D.'s, Hotchkis lowering springs and sway bars, TRD STB, Custom Magnaflow Dual Exhaust, Unichip.

I am really looking forward to getting my hands on a SS S/C and doing some mods to it!
welcome to the site! im sure you'll love it when you get it!
sounds like a nice xrs you have there as well! are u tading that in?
Old 03-15-2007, 11:19 PM

Yuppers!! It would take too long to sell it.
Old 03-16-2007, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by DoubleLP
Yuppers!! It would take too long to sell it.
ya fair enough, what kind of options are u looking at?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:20 AM

Originally Posted by TheDriver!
Ya Cody your ex Cobalt is a beast!! Larry (kaisoboy) was good enough to let me have a ride and ***** what a neck breaker but I can understand you buying a truck as long as it see's dirt even if it is a back alley ..

ARE YOU KIDDING ME HAHA

I have had my truck since beginning of October... I currently have 25,000 km on it and about 10,000 km is OFFROAD. haha My truck has NOT seen pavement in the last 7000 km. And im not talking nice little range roads... im talkin the roughest meanest deepest oilfield and logging roads in midwest alberta. lol. Everything from 4-feet of snow to 2-feet of soft mud to big rocks and grass...

I had to buy the truck.... i work in the oilfield lol.

But yeah Jmac, I havent decided yet, but i will most likely put some money into this truck to make some big power.... i have already done alot of research and there are 3rd gen rams running 11s with only a few grand in mods....

My issue is that I do drive really really rough roads that are hard on the truck and i dont want to lose my warranty since i paid alot extra for the longer warranty... I might have to wait another 18 months before i can do some big power mods.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jekyl
ARE YOU KIDDING ME HAHA

I have had my truck since beginning of October... I currently have 25,000 km on it and about 10,000 km is OFFROAD. haha My truck has NOT seen pavement in the last 7000 km. And im not talking nice little range roads... im talkin the roughest meanest deepest oilfield and logging roads in midwest alberta. lol. Everything from 4-feet of snow to 2-feet of soft mud to big rocks and grass...

I had to buy the truck.... i work in the oilfield lol.

But yeah Jmac, I havent decided yet, but i will most likely put some money into this truck to make some big power.... i have already done alot of research and there are 3rd gen rams running 11s with only a few grand in mods....

My issue is that I do drive really really rough roads that are hard on the truck and i dont want to lose my warranty since i paid alot extra for the longer warranty... I might have to wait another 18 months before i can do some big power mods.

Wanna go offroading 1 weekend?
Old 03-16-2007, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by tREBs
ya fair enough, what kind of options are u looking at?
Everything. But I am sure there is not a car at the dealership with all the options. Just going to have to wait and see until Saturday!

Quick Reply: Alberta role call...lets hear from ya!!