Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2012, 11:36 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SylverSS/SC
I still do have my truck but I only have the regular style mirrors as I put a set of reproduction sport style ones on. you can get a good reproduction set off ebay!

I have a grille but it's not the 454 SS one and it's sitting in my basement if you want it
Can u text me a pic. Pm u my number. I dont have 454 buillt 383 stroker instead
Old 08-01-2012, 12:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice! I think these are the mirrors you want right? I have a pair of them and they are steel and look pretty good
90 91 92 93 Chevy CK1500 1500 454SS Pickup Truck Sport Mirrors OE Style Pair BLK | eBay
Old 08-01-2012, 01:04 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/appe...4/#post6607362

Jon - you sticking around town? ~ or are you already gone?
Old 08-01-2012, 01:34 AM

btw!!!

was anyone here (lurker or otherwise) parked in the short term parking at the airport tonight?

Black SS/SC w/white CSS.net decals on the quarter windows ~ debadged, but one of the door "SS" badges was moved to the truck where a bow tie used to be.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by soundjunky
btw!!!

was anyone here (lurker or otherwise) parked in the short term parking at the airport tonight?

Black SS/SC w/white CSS.net decals on the quarter windows ~ debadged, but one of the door "SS" badges was moved to the truck where a bow tie used to be.
Was it lowered? I saw trebz(?) at SLC and he has a lowered, black ss/sc with white decals where I have mine
Old 08-01-2012, 09:31 AM

I'm go e to edmonton and won't have much time when I get back

I thought trebz had a subie?
Old 08-01-2012, 12:34 PM

allan (trebz) sold that cobalt to his dad.. sinc ethe subie hes had a colorado, S4, Lifted jeep and is now onto another subie i believe..
Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What's funny is I saw trebz's dad last night at the bar. Saw him leaving.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:24 PM

Springs went onto the Forte today, it's starting to look half decent. I'll be in touch with Mark for black roof vinyl, then tinting the tails a bit is the only other thing I plan to do, finish off the black/white theme.

Name:  IMG_20120802_164147-1.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  72.6 KB

Gotta toot my own horn here for a second... the spoiler I put on that orange LSJ is perfection. Saw the car tonight. Dude has ~8k HID's in the stock housing which isn't cool, but I rank that spoiler pretty close to the Tjin for sexiness. This is the only pic I have of it.

Name:  2011-10-31_16-40-07_829-1-1.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  66.7 KB

I'll be all moved in by noon on Saturday! I'll keep following the GM Tuners group on fb I guess.

Last edited by Acey; 08-02-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 08-02-2012, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Acey
...Gotta toot my own horn here for a second... the spoiler I put on that orange LSJ is perfection. Saw the car tonight. Dude has ~8k HID's in the stock housing which isn't cool, but I rank that spoiler pretty close to the Tjin for sexiness. This is the only pic I have of it.

it would be even cooler if you owned the car

...I'll be all moved in by noon on Saturday! I'll keep following the GM Tuners group on fb I guess.
and here I'll be in Lethbridge on Saturday!

there's talk about a meeting on sunday or monday - chime in on GMtoC if you have a preference.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:20 AM

it would be even cooler if you owned the car
I know man. I still have my gen 3 headlights ready to go if I ever get another one.
Old 08-03-2012, 12:25 AM

That has a nice ring to it! ...... GMToC
Old 08-08-2012, 12:50 AM

You guys familiar with that yellow LSJ, black plasti-dipped wheels, some sort of CF wrap on the roof and high rise? Looked pretty good, parked at Northland Village this morning.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:09 AM

You guys familiar with that yellow LSJ, black plasti-dipped wheels, some sort of CF wrap on the roof and high rise? Looked pretty good, parked at Northland Village this morning.
nope, not familiar...

odds are that if it's a Yellow Cobalt SS in Calgary, it's driven by a middle aged, overweight woman...

ugg.

Yes I did just admit that.

But hey - no one can argue they have great taste in cars!
Old 08-08-2012, 01:19 AM
Residental Bish.

Mark I wanna make it known you leaving wasn't for nothing.

The boys haven't failed as yet. As for friendship? No one around here is truly your friend, Bish, and Greg, and the next to leave, and for what? Some loser who has been around 5 minutes. Jonathans loyallty lies within GMToC, and he made the choice for everyone.

No one on here is actually your friend, and I refuse to be apart of this **** show any longer.
Old 08-08-2012, 01:34 AM

come on Kass.

This wasn't the first time you threatened to leave that group.

And what can I do when you threaten to leave, and take action while I'm offline?

I'm left with my hands in the air.

At the end of the day, to me, the car doesn't matter - it only acts as a common bond;
In the long haul, real friends will show their colours;
And I did say that an apology was in order before you did what you did.

Why did you have to equate what happened with you this morning to what Mark went through!?

I was there for Mark right up till he made it known he didn't want me around - then from that point I've given him the distance he seemed to need - and then some.

It's just a freaking FB group anyway Kass...
FB does not equate to real life.
A real friendship is the kind of person you would call up when you need an opinion, or a shoulder to lean on (and having them meet you w/o makeup);
A real friendship is the kind which you take the time help someone out, or be there when they ask you;
A real friendship doesn't need an online community to know that it's alright to call up;
A real friend does their best to understand your side of things, and doesn't have to agree with the choices you make- but supports you none the less.

I am far from perfect, and I don't always measure up, but I sure as crap won't be making myself out to be someone I am not.

Last edited by soundjunky; 08-08-2012 at 01:42 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Residental Bish.

Jonathan if it was just a freaking Facebook group. Why are you losing friends over it?

It's funny to me that you decide to keep the guy not ONE, not TWO, not THREE, but FOUR people have complained about. Ontop of the fact the entire reason the people joining are talked about is because of the DRAMA he has caused, and yet 2 members leave after he is disrespectful and you still let him keep on truckin.

How do I relate to Mark? He realized who his real friends are here, and I'm doing the same thing.

I won't be back so don't bother responding.

When someone distespects older members, and EVERYONE who can't stand the guy sits back and lets it happen. There is a problem in this group.

Last edited by Baltbitch; 08-08-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:26 AM
Premium Member

come on Kass.

This wasn't the first time you threatened to leave that group.

And what can I do when you threaten to leave, and take action while I'm offline?

I'm left with my hands in the air.

At the end of the day, to me, the car doesn't matter - it only acts as a common bond;
In the long haul, real friends will show their colours;
And I did say that an apology was in order before you did what you did.

Why did you have to equate what happened with you this morning to what Mark went through!?

I was there for Mark right up till he made it known he didn't want me around - then from that point I've given him the distance he seemed to need - and then some.

It's just a freaking FB group anyway Kass...
FB does not equate to real life.
A real friendship is the kind of person you would call up when you need an opinion, or a shoulder to lean on (and having them meet you w/o makeup);
A real friendship is the kind which you take the time help someone out, or be there when they ask you;
A real friendship doesn't need an online community to know that it's alright to call up;
A real friend does their best to understand your side of things, and doesn't have to agree with the choices you make- but supports you none the less.

I am far from perfect, and I don't always measure up, but I sure as crap won't be making myself out to be someone I am not.
Sorry Jonathan,

I fail to see the logic in this.
You're saying that action was taken will you were offline, I seem to recall you seeing all of the non-sense happening. Most of what happened, happened over the night and if you had seen what was going on you had more then enough information to go off of to see that Kevin was not going to simply apologize and at that point you should of taken action, I know I would of if I was in your position. He was personally attacking a FRIEND and a long time member, albeit the long time member part isn't even remotely important compared to the friend part.

You say that real friends will show their colors, well you're right and I know that I personally see that everyone showed their true colors by sitting back and letting that **** happen. You said that "A real friend does their best to understand your side of things, and doesn't have to agree with the choices you make - but supports you none the less". Well, I didn't see this. This statement actually puts a nail in the coffin. If this was true why did no one stand up for Kassss, other then me? And why wasn't Kevin blacklisted from the group after all of his stunts and other members (FRIENDS) complaining about him.

I always saw GM Tuners as a close-knit group, but I guess I was wrong because I really just did not see that yesterday morning or the night before.

I'm not going to beat this to death but I still want my opinions to be heard and this is just some of them.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by StruttinSoul
Sorry Jonathan,
night before - I wasn't there.

morning I logged on before work , and posted that an appology was in order.

then at some point during the day I came online (much like this - I really shouldn't be online becasue of the stupid office politics) ~ and saw Kass commented, and left.

What am I to do at that point?

Take action after the fact, and ask her to come back?

This wasn't the first time Kass threatened to leave... and this one was over her being referred to as her CSS name.

I can respect her making a hard lined stance, even if I don't agree with it.

After all, I thought we were all sick of drama, and taking things public when they need not be public?

What would I know.
Old 08-08-2012, 02:18 PM

The problem in this group is that this is essentially an "online car club" - not a social club, or religious group where we must always be on the same page.

In non-online car clubs, you will have people who don't get along - if there is reoccurring conflict that disturbs the group, then the president/members take each party aside to see if things can be remedied - you NEVER have one of the parties demand that a specific action be taken - that's the quickest way to make said car club become that person's club... and ruin the club from that point forward.

I have been a member of car clubs in Winnipeg and Calgary, years prior to coming to CSS.

You can have people who don't get along, not associate, and the car club continue to grow - Kass's assertion was essentially saying that action had to be taken to alienate some newbies, and possibly any other potential new members because of one person's short sightedness in name calling.

That's a stance I wasn't willing to make.

Q: Does that mean I agree with the offender?
A: Nope.

Q: Does that mean I don't care about the offendee?
A: Nope.

Mark is a great guy, but I see him associating with NO ONE from here - and that's his call.
I like the guy, and have welcomed him & Ella to my place...
I can respect that his schedule, or what ever it is which dictates that he would rather not come over - And that's his call.

Last edited by soundjunky; 08-08-2012 at 11:50 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 11:19 PM

[QUOTE=soundjunky;6618037]nope, not familiar...

odds are that if it's a Yellow Cobalt SS in Calgary, it's driven by a middle aged, overweight woman...

ugg.

true that bro lol

I spotted what appeared to be a yellow LNF, tinted dark, with highrise inserts black, sstc rims black, looked like a dude driving (had his window down) but i was on the opposite side of stoney trail, so i only gave it a few glances bf it was gone.......)
Old 08-11-2012, 03:00 PM

Please vote for my pic
Follow link below and hit "LIKE"

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 08-14-2012, 05:20 PM

hmmmmm..... this all really disappoints me.... just think this group was maybe the strongest on this site at one time.... not to say whos wrong, whos right all things aside.... i am just simply disappointed.... i am sure there are some others who agree with this.....
Old 08-14-2012, 05:42 PM
Residental Bish.

I agree 100% Mark. I USE to consider the people here friends.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:47 PM
Premium Member

/\ Completely agree with both of you. As I've already said I saw the group as a close-knit group but after what happened I don't and don't know if I ever will be able to see it as that again.

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread