Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 12:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah man, how did it go down?
Old 01-14-2013, 01:01 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by victoryredturbalt
yeah man, how did it go down?
Alot of planning, and a little bit of luck on my part...
I have found that since I don't have a close relationship with either of my parents, that I have turned to google for tips/advice in several instances in our relationship - and every time it has seemed to be that I the right decision.

The 'Readers Digest condensed' version of the story goes like this;
  • On saturday I took her to "our" Starbucks (the one we first met at on May 26, 2012);
  • The luck side of things was that we were able to actually sit at "our" table too(!);
  • While we were waiting for our coffee's I recalled what was going throught my mind while awaiting her arrival -and my impression when she walked in...
  • Then after getting our bevy's, I broke out a "list" (I had told her about a week prior that I was writing something for her) - it was a "Top ten reasons why I should marry Jamie" list...
  • Several times while reading it, she had to stop herself from crying... (I put a fair amount of thought into the list, so each point was a full thought rather than something small)
  • Then after reading the list (and to me the kicker was that she totally didn't see it coming!!), I whipped out the ring and poped the question...
It wasn't perfect (I meant to get down on one knee, but my nerveousness had me forget);
It wasn't over the top elaborate;
But as it turns out she absolutely loved the way it went down.

She told me that after my recent ebay record purchase (I accidentally deleted it from my timeline), that she figured I was going to put off buying the ring.... but I'm not that kind of guy - I'm about priorities, and my toys take second seat to people in my life.

I'm excited, but I knew we were going here, and I had actually bought the ring almost a whole month ago (Dec 17 iirc)...
I wanted to propose before New Year's, but opportunity didn't arrise, so planning/scheming how to pop the question commensed January 1st.

Last edited by soundjunky; 01-14-2013 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:19 PM

man very cool............... well you know we are all way too happy for jamie and yourself...... lol i better start getting use to addressing you this way hahahahah.... i assume the planning hasnt started yet?

come to thinking....... lol so does this mean your gonna have to make room for her car in the garage? hahahahah hmmmmm i can think of a few things i wouldnt mind getting in there...... lol
Old 01-14-2013, 01:20 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Ho ly ****.................
Old 01-14-2013, 01:21 PM

It took me a while to be able to watch this one;
Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
i figure as long as this doesnt happen we may be ok........

The Hangover-Paging Dr.****** - YouTube

sure as **** with this group this is only the start hahahahahaah...... better grab some roofies jon..............
wow... that would be a sad situation to be in;
that guy is totally whipped.

I'd kick her to the curb if my GF was at all that way.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:27 PM
Residental Bish.

Originally Posted by soundjunky
(I put a fair amount of thought into the list, so each point was a full thought rather than something small).
We wouldn't expect less from our novel writer

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations again, and I did go to your Facebook but was not able to comment on that picture. At the time I didn't even notice the ring on her finger
Old 01-14-2013, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
Alot of planning, and a little bit of luck on my part...
I have found that since I don't have a close relationship with either of my parents, that I have turned to google for tips/advice in several instances in our relationship - and every time it has seemed to be that I the right decision.

The 'Readers Digest condensed' version of the story goes like this;
  • On saturday I took her to "our" Starbucks (the one we first met at on May 26, 2012);
  • The luck side of things was that we were able to actually sit at "our" table too(!);
  • While we were waiting for our coffee's I recalled what was going throught my mind while awaiting her arrival -and my impression when she walked in...
  • Then after getting our bevy's, I broke out a "list" (I had told her about a week prior that I was writing something for her) - it was a "Top ten reasons why I should marry Jamie" list...
  • Several times while reading it, she had to stop herself from crying... (I put a fair amount of thought into the list, so each point was a full thought rather than something small)
  • Then after reading the list (and to me the kicker was that she totally didn't see it coming!!), I whipped out the ring and poped the question...
It wasn't perfect (I meant to get down on one knee, but my nerveousness had me forget);
It wasn't over the top elaborate;
But as it turns out she absolutely loved the way it went down.

She told me that after my recent ebay record purchase (I accidentally deleted it from my timeline), that she figured I was going to put off buying the ring.... but I'm not that kind of guy - I'm about priorities, and my toys take second seat to people in my life.

I'm excited, but I knew we were going here, and I had actually bought the ring almost a whole month ago (Dec 17 iirc)...
I wanted to propose before New Year's, but opportunity didn't arrise, so planning/scheming how to pop the question commensed January 1st.
pimp! great storey man! well done!
wishing you two the best!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:33 PM

i looked on sat but i didnt see anything.... you know my fb skills suck.... lol i noticed sunday after i was relaxing..... dude......... im excited for you, this is great for you..... i just didnt see this happening so soon..... hey cant wait, i am sure you have lots too plan.... so did you get all romantic? getting on a knee? or did you play it joe cool? hahahahaaha

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this was the posting;

Welcome to Facebook

(probably only my FB friends can see it)

Jamie was kinda bummed that none of my friends noticed/commented on it... meanwhile she had a crapstorm of people guessing what we were celebrating... it took some time for them to notice her ring finger.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:34 PM
Residental Bish.

That's because your friends couldn't comment on it. We could see it, but not contribute
Old 01-14-2013, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple
we all better be invited.

i call doing the fireworks. i gots a plan already
man very cool............... well you know we are all way too happy for jamie and yourself...... lol i better start getting use to addressing you this way hahahahah.... i assume the planning hasnt started yet?

come to thinking....... lol so does this mean your gonna have to make room for her car in the garage? hahahahah hmmmmm i can think of a few things i wouldnt mind getting in there...... lol
no planning done yet.

there's a show bridal show going on next weekend which we were going to attend, but going as an engaged couple just seems more "right"...

I have a step-sister getting married later this year, but that's the only date we'll avoid (because I want my step-dad to attend).

Fireworks?

We're probably going to do something rather small scale...

i went and looked after your post to look, i wasnt able to see it either.

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
Ho ly ****.................
it finally clued in....... hahahahaahah its ok blue it took me almost a full day too..... this is awesome tho, maybe we should have you guys come here instead of us going there..... sounds like there needs to be a celebration here in calgary.......

you know jonathan im not the sharpest knife in the drawer.... i may not notice right away but when i do it is always fun...... i am seriously happy happy happy for you and jamie.....
Old 01-14-2013, 01:39 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I never even saw it on Facebook. I would've commented if I saw it.

As for the fireworks, just some whiz bangs and Tasmanian devils as you Gus get in the car to drive off. Nothing big.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Baltbitch
That's because your friends couldn't comment on it. We could see it, but not contribute
really?

that's so weird.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:41 PM

it finally clued in....... hahahahaahah its ok blue it took me almost a full day too..... this is awesome tho, maybe we should have you guys come here instead of us going there..... sounds like there needs to be a celebration here in calgary.......
here vs there?

do you mean Calgary vs eslewhere?

we have planned this far - it will likely be in Calgary.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:45 PM

no i was refering to a certain lil drag event we had slighty talked ourselves into or did jon and myself fail to mention this to you hahahaahh if you missed it, look in blue's build thread....

you may need to take a pass down castrol with cans attached and car looking like its involved in a wedding
Old 01-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

you know jonathan im not the sharpest knife in the drawer.... i may not notice right away but when i do it is always fun...... i am seriously happy happy happy for you and jamie.....
Well I don't really read in here very much nor do I have Facebook haha.

Congrats Jon!
Old 01-14-2013, 01:58 PM

lol its all good man.........
Old 01-14-2013, 02:20 PM

sooo... how about that weather?

Old 01-14-2013, 02:25 PM

crazy...... too bad your german..... i could demolish a danish wedding cake right now.....
Old 01-14-2013, 03:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The weather sucks *****! 80 km/he seems to be the new speed limit down the deer foot. I'll stay home til Wednesday I think! Lol
Old 01-14-2013, 03:36 PM
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Bluelightning
The set up can't be that bad considering the one and only time I took my TVS set up to the track I ran 2 tenths slower than your best time with a way slower trap speed
oh don't worry i'll let you know when i make a pass not on street tires, at a boost level worth writing home about
Old 01-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Platinum Member

hey so. does anyone have a need for some stock lsj parts?? i could bring some when i come up there.

cams, springs, retainers, rockers, flywheel, oil cooler, oil cap breather, some misc ac lines, ac compressor.. there's a good amount haha
Old 01-14-2013, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This weekend turned **** around for me. I like it.

Was reaaaallllyyy stressed but its going away now
Old 01-14-2013, 03:48 PM

crazy...... too bad your german..... i could demolish a danish wedding cake right now.....
Danish wedding cake?

Never heard of one.

She's got Irish(oh jezze, I hope I'm not getting this wrong) roots... is tehre an Irish wedding cake - regaurdless as to who does it, tieing in something like this for her would be a fantastich idea!

Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple
This weekend turned **** around for me. I like it.

Was reaaaallllyyy stressed but its going away now
Care to clue me in?

phone related?

Last edited by soundjunky; 01-14-2013 at 03:48 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread