Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2013, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i guess you havinng a reading problem i said the exact same thing as you when it comes to people killing people but guns are not needed in a peaceful world. you can come up with a million reasons why you should be allowed to have them and the one thing remains true. they are not needed in a peaceful society. the dog bite things was a lie. i talked to the people around here. the dog didnt do anything but bark.

hypothetical situation jon

lets say someone broke into your house, and stole your firearms. now they go shoot up the streets. lets say a stray bullet hit a young kid and the kid passes. even tho your a responsible owner it was your weapon that was used. how do you feel about that? i would feel pretty resposible if it was me.

im sorry your judgement is clouded with your personal beliefs. guns are a part of life that is not needed. you argue that people will use anything as a weapon and your right. but knives dont go through peoples house and kill unsuspecting people.

YOU NEED TO REMEMBER I HAVE HAVE BEEN USING FIREARMS WELL BEFORE BOTH OF YOU.

i use to be like you thinking the way you do. i guess i grew up and realized how useless they are.

you want to use the usa as a example. thier problems are because they are allowed to have firearms. the government is also to blame too.

jon there is nothing you can say to argue a use for a firearm with me. there are other ways. you know it just as i do. there isnt a thing in this world that would call for a normal person to own a gun. i dont own a gun and no one has the ***** to f*ck with me. so why do you need one?

god kids these days, they forgot what sex, drugs, and rock n roll is about?
Old 10-27-2013, 09:06 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you could get the trigger locks off the guns in my house and find the bolts for the rifles then there might be a chance they could use them. Plus there is no ammunition in my house, so the criminal would have to look elsewhere for that. You call it growing up, I call it switching sides. If every single person in this world was honest then nothing to protect us would be necessary.

Do you lock your house? If you don't have a gun then why do you lock your house? It's the same thing, for protection from dishonest people. The world is full of people looking for the easy way to get ahead in life and if we didn't have the means to protect ourselves then we would be back to the stone ages and be a bunch of hippies.

As far as the kid getting shot by a gun I owned that was stolen, I wouldn't feel a bit bad at all. I was not involved or have any connection to the kid dying other than my property that was stolen from my locked house was used in another crime. If you feel bad that's your own personal responsibility you feel.

It's like if your car was stolen, and the thief mowed down a kid in a crosswalk. Would you feel responsible because you own the car?

We can go back and forth all day with situations for both sides and it comes down to the stances that we take on the subject. I take my stance because I feel that this world is more for criminals than it is for the responsible people.

If someone broke into my house and tripped on my stairs and hurt themselves, I would be charged for that person getting hurt even though they unlawfully broke into my house to rob me or do harm to whoever was inside. Tell me how that's right?

You have your stance and I have mine. I'll still sleep with my shotgun beside my bed with the trigger lock on it and no shells near it but if someone comes into my house unwelcome and unbeknownst to me then I will excersise my right to protect myself, my property and anyone else in my house.

Last edited by SylverSS/SC; 10-27-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
i guess you havinng a reading problem i said the exact same thing as you when it comes to people killing people but guns are not needed in a peaceful world. you can come up with a million reasons why you should be allowed to have them and the one thing remains true. they are not needed in a peaceful society. the dog bite things was a lie. i talked to the people around here. the dog didnt do anything but bark.

hypothetical situation jon

lets say someone broke into your house, and stole your firearms. now they go shoot up the streets. lets say a stray bullet hit a young kid and the kid passes. even tho your a responsible owner it was your weapon that was used. how do you feel about that? i would feel pretty resposible if it was me.

im sorry your judgement is clouded with your personal beliefs. guns are a part of life that is not needed. you argue that people will use anything as a weapon and your right. but knives dont go through peoples house and kill unsuspecting people.

YOU NEED TO REMEMBER I HAVE HAVE BEEN USING FIREARMS WELL BEFORE BOTH OF YOU.

i use to be like you thinking the way you do. i guess i grew up and realized how useless they are.

you want to use the usa as a example. thier problems are because they are allowed to have firearms. the government is also to blame too.

jon there is nothing you can say to argue a use for a firearm with me. there are other ways. you know it just as i do. there isnt a thing in this world that would call for a normal person to own a gun. i dont own a gun and no one has the ***** to f*ck with me. so why do you need one?

god kids these days, they forgot what sex, drugs, and rock n roll is about?
hunting?
Old 10-28-2013, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple
hunting?
make it truly authentic, bow & arrow only, if you are hunting big game then a larger group of ppl would be a smart idea. Knife, Bow/Arrows, Bear mace, and perhaps a taser gun could be adapted for hunting protection when u miss your arrow.............should be all you need for hunting weaponry for the true experience, right?
Mark, glad to hear you and everyone else came out of it safely, very scary incident indeed, something nobody ever wants to experience, sry you and yours had to go thru that.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:29 AM

i havent switched sides on nothing. i have never believed that a firearm should be used for self defense. like i have said many times already jon, you are a responsible gun owner. your right any criminal would need to accuire ammunition if they stole your gun. however it doesnt mean a thing. they are able too from just about anywhere. and to answer your question about the car, yes i would feel responsible if my car was stolen to mow down some kid. i built it, i made it desirable to steal.

i think nathan hit the nail on the head, hunters should use bows. i dont disagree with hunting i just disagree with a normal person owning a firearm. now saying that i do realize bow and arrows can kill just as easy however it is more unlikely to enter a house from the outside.

jon you may have a different stance if a bullet entered your house or even your neighbors house. im sorry but this was so random and it just goes to show you why the law needs to either change or be much more strict. i am very honest in telling you that the laws are weak.

i will be honest here, if the moron decided he hated maiden and choose to shoot my car. i was standing pretty much in front of my living room window when it happened. i was folding clothes with the curtains closed. the chances were very good i would have been hit. i actually watched the csi team investigate the scene, i know where it hit the house. the odds were good it would have went through my window. knowing my luck i know for a fact i would have been hit hahahaha. i am very serious when i say the incident happened 20 ft from my car. the place where the bullet hit the house was approx 70 ft from my living room window. as a matter of fact i get reminded every time i look out that very same window.

all in all your right again we have a difference of opinions.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:26 PM

Stricter laws will only stop responsible gun enthusiasts from doing what they enjoy. Criminals will still get guns the same way they have been doing it since they were invented. They do not go through all the hoops regular people go through to have them.

Chances are that gun was stolen from somewhere and you want to blame the owner? That's like blaming MacDonalds for being fat because they shouldn't be selling unhealthy food
Old 10-28-2013, 03:06 PM

Lol gun conversation on cobalt forum? Not cool guys swap numbers and have your argument.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:30 PM

There's a whole thread on it. If you don't like it troll, then take a long walk off a short pier
Old 10-28-2013, 04:15 PM

hahahahahah, some peoples children hahahahhaha

i think your comparisons are a lil out there but hey thats how we roll. look its the same with fishing. i wish they would make it a law that no more then 10lbs test is used in alberta. coz i have watched guys, fill their legal limits on nightly bases using 20lbs test. im like wheres the sport in that. criminals will do whatever it takes to fill their needs, this will always remain true. however if the government actually got tough with their requirements then we would see a reduction in licenses issued and thus less of a chance of the fire arm falling into the wrong hands. or like i suggested in the first place complete abolishment and the number of incidents happening will be next to none. dont confuse the issue jon, there are many ways of cracking down on it whether if the firearm is legal or not. heck they could even increase employment if they wanted too really get serious with a crack down. the one arguement you dont have is the enthusiasts. if you are true enthusiast of anything then you will take the proper steps to ensure you can enjoy what you like to do. no matter how many hoops you have to jump.

hmmmmm just think of the possibilities of a society without firearms. hahahhahahaha

small example provided

Old 10-28-2013, 04:19 PM

All I'm going to say is, compare outlawing firearms like coc or crack are outlawed. Because the governments are winning that war right? Lol
Old 10-28-2013, 04:26 PM

or the opposite side of the story, keep them legal and innocent people continue to get hurt or loose life.

i choose "be excellent to each other and party on dude." life is much more fun that way.

and jon if they increased staff and security they can win that war.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:35 PM
Residental Bish.

Originally Posted by barbor98
Lol gun conversation on cobalt forum? Not cool guys swap numbers and have your argument.
Okay newbz, go play in an intro thread somewhere and leave the big boys to their discussion in a random chat thread full of locals who actually know each other.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:06 PM

More police? Ya, because that's all we need in this world. Plus more cops costs money. That would mean taxes would go up and we all like that
Old 10-28-2013, 07:04 PM

10lb test in alberta? what about sturgeon fishing where the fish weigh 80lbs?

i have 20lb on my heavy rig and use a 80lb leader. Fish can easily bite through 40lb which leaves the hook imbedded in their mouth.

whats needed is more conservation officers, but thats a whole other topic.

as far as using bows to hunt, i will be doing that as well, but bow season only lasts so long. Rifles are more ethical to hunt with as they offer a quicker and cleaner kill. the deer drops on the spot or within 30yrds where a bow can be up to 150yrds
Old 10-29-2013, 08:20 AM

sturgeon is already a special license so obviously it would require a special line.

so jordan your a pansy too? i have caught 20 lbs pike on 8 lbs test. no steal leader, whats wrong with you? not a good fisherman? i never use anything heavier then 10lbs test. with talent and techique you can land anything with 10lbs test.

i said border security. i personally think you 2 are becoming more of a chick everyday. i hate cops too but i still think there is not enough yet.

you know this discussion is over, you both will say anything to defend what the laws are now. or to whatever suits your needs. any suggestion will not even be considered. your both BIG experts. truth is that there is a need for change and you both know it. i dont claim to have all the answers but even i can admit there is a need for a change. if you both think about it i am the last one to want more police, but even i say we need more.

maybe once you both have something serious happen to you both will you see the need. or until you both have a family to protect. until then your both can continue to be the experts.
Old 10-29-2013, 08:52 AM

i am going to honest with you 2. i have had this discussion with many people over the last couple of days. i have talked with many different people from different backgrounds. i have had this discussion with people who hunt and fish, and people who dont.

the truth is 100% of the people all said and reconized that there is a need for a change in some shape or form.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:21 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
from gun talk, to shooting(s), to hunting and fishing...

sheesh, nothing that I can legitimately contribute to.

I'm glad you and yours are fine Mark - I'm assuming Edward escaped the flying lead?

Just so you guys all know, apparently the Alberta government pased legislation that came effective this past August;
You can no longer walk into a registry office with proof of insurance and a copy of the b ill of sale;
They require the official (as in not a copy), or that the dealer (assuming they are on the list of authorized dealers) directly fax to the registry office...
We went last night to register the Caliber, and were turned away.

I am thankful that we were lent a dealer plate - but I'd really like to send it back, since we have insurance on the car...
Old 10-29-2013, 01:45 PM

so what your saying is that if you printed 1 copy of the Bill of Sale, signed everything(both parties) and made a photocopy they won't accept the photocopy? Im covered there for the most part since any vehicle i purchase or sell has 2 copies that are filled out and signed seperately............i had no idea they intended to make that way "the law", an interesting move.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:01 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by 1WhiteSSTC
so what your saying is that if you printed 1 copy of the Bill of Sale, signed everything(both parties) and made a photocopy they won't accept the photocopy?
yes this is exactly what we've found out.

stupid, stupid, stupid law...
Old 10-29-2013, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
sturgeon is already a special license so obviously it would require a special line.

so jordan your a pansy too? i have caught 20 lbs pike on 8 lbs test. no steal leader, whats wrong with you? not a good fisherman? i never use anything heavier then 10lbs test. with talent and techique you can land anything with 10lbs test.

i said border security. i personally think you 2 are becoming more of a chick everyday. i hate cops too but i still think there is not enough yet.

you know this discussion is over, you both will say anything to defend what the laws are now. or to whatever suits your needs. any suggestion will not even be considered. your both BIG experts. truth is that there is a need for change and you both know it. i dont claim to have all the answers but even i can admit there is a need for a change. if you both think about it i am the last one to want more police, but even i say we need more.

maybe once you both have something serious happen to you both will you see the need. or until you both have a family to protect. until then your both can continue to be the experts.
Sturgeon is not a special license. Anyone can fish for them.

As far as line, I'd rather take 2 mins to bring the fish in than 10. It's easier on the fish as they aren't so tired when you release them. The mortality rate of fish goes up with the amount of time taken to release.

I could easily use lighter line, but I'm not going to tire a fish out and not have it recover.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:24 PM
Got Bewst?

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Could you guys do me a huge favor and Vote for 574 for FCOTM. Would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/fron...thread-303766/
Old 10-30-2013, 11:13 PM

voted
Old 10-30-2013, 11:52 PM
Got Bewst?

Thanks! How's the TVS these days?
Old 10-31-2013, 12:09 AM

I only got to drive my car maybe 3 times this summer. I hit a pothole on the highway in May which destroyed a lot of stuff on my car... coilovers included. the car sat in a repair shop for 3 months. I'm on the fence about what to do with it next summer. I'm no where near a drag strip anymore so there is no point running meth or doing anything else major other than maybe pulleying down and getting retuned.

How'd the rebuild go
Old 10-31-2013, 12:13 AM
Got Bewst?

Awe sorry to hear that man. Even if ya got no strip the TVS is still oh so much fun haha.

Which rebuild are you up to date with?

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread