Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So is your car at the dealership Travis? Or are you going to attempt it yourself?
Old 12-16-2008, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleLP
So is your car at the dealership Travis? Or are you going to attempt it yourself?
its at the dealership, they wouldnt take it to my house.. and as much as i would like to do it myself.. i dont have the time...
Old 12-16-2008, 03:14 PM

That sucks bro. Honestly it is BS that GM did not warranty it. But it is good to know since I have "aftermarket" lugnuts with my summer rims.
Old 12-16-2008, 03:30 PM

That sucks bro. Honestly it is BS that GM did not warranty it. But it is good to know since I have "aftermarket" lugnuts with my summer rims.
x2, after hearing wat happened to him I will not be changing my lug nuts and if/when i put wheel locks on I will buy from GM so they can't say **** if anything breaks.

Originally Posted by Banzai2.4
White (It's Nathan, Justin has an orange stage 2, spaz's old ss/sc"Ruffy"), im not gettin this car to compete with a TC on the street or on teh track. I want an STI because AWD, 4 doors and still look SICK.. ive always wanted one and here is my reason now..
4dr and AWD are a bonus around here most days, esspecially in winter. Me tho, my last car was 4dr and I wanted a 2dr sports coupe this time around. Beyond that I needed financing and warranty to cover my ass so the cobalt was a good fit. Dood for you, I wanna see you with that STi at race city trying the auto-x course k? Auto-x ftw

Originally Posted by Kaisoboy
Yep, a dig is from a dead stop. You didn't even have to go to school to learn...haha

It would be interesting. Have you tried the launch feature on your TC yet? Also don't forget I am running a 91 race tune from Bama chips as well with torque management turned off and advanced timing. I am running somewhere about 310 RWHP on the 91 Octane tune. Buy summer I also plan on UDPs, X-pipe with High flow cats and delete plates plus a new tune from Matt at Techmotion. It would be nice to see what your stage 2 would do for the TC. Oh and I noticed you were going to do an exhaust delete. Be careful as it may hurt you in the end if you free up the back pressure. It may cause you to lose HP. I have seen this happen on the SC cars when guys go to a 3" piping with a cat delete. Not enough back pressure to sustain HP unles you are well over 300 HP. Just a thought.

Is race City going to be open next year? If not a ride up to Eddy may be in order
Cheers
I've only been to the track once and I found launch control mostly useless, I just kept spinning thru 1st so I stopped using it. Best launch for the ss/tc has been found to be around 2000-3000RPM. lol u keep modding Larry, I'm not scared I'll catch you eventually

Last edited by 1WhiteSSTC; 12-16-2008 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-16-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by 1WhiteSSTC
x2, after hearing wat happened to him I will not be changing my lug nuts and if/when i put wheel locks on I will buy from GM so they can't say **** if anything breaks.

4dr and AWD are a bonus around here most days, esspecially in winter. Me tho, my last car was 4dr and I wanted a 2dr sports coupe this time around. Beyond that I needed financing and warranty to cover my ass so the cobalt was a good fit. Dood for you, I wanna see you with that STi at race city trying the auto-x course k? Auto-x ftw

I've only been to the track once and I found launch control mostly useless, I just kept spinning thru 1st so I stopped using it. Best launch for the ss/tc has been found to be around 2000-3000RPM. lol u keep modding Larry, I'm not scared I'll catch you eventually
That seems right for the cobalt. I used to launch her at 1500 to 2000 rpm. A little lower than you but it was a different set up and SPEC stage 3 clutch. Once you start hittin the track more often you will get better.

Those were only what I like to call think abouts. I have a five year/150000 km warranty on this car to, so I don't want to screw that up, so I may hold of on any extream mods. The other thing to is that this car is a daily driver and when I had the Balt it was so highly modified that it really was becoming a non street drivable car. Lots of HP and torque that I thought the car could not handle after what I went through. Thats why I got rid of her and went with V8 muscle. It may not be the fastest car on the road but it sure is fun to drive.

Just no luck with that car.
Old 12-16-2008, 04:59 PM

That seems right for the cobalt. I used to launch her at 1500 to 2000 rpm. A little lower than you but it was a different set up and SPEC stage 3 clutch. Once you start hittin the track more often you will get better.

Those were only what I like to call think abouts. I have a five year/150000 km warranty on this car to, so I don't want to screw that up, so I may hold of on any extream mods. The other thing to is that this car is a daily driver and when I had the Balt it was so highly modified that it really was becoming a non street drivable car. Lots of HP and torque that I thought the car could not handle after what I went through. Thats why I got rid of her and went with V8 muscle. It may not be the fastest car on the road but it sure is fun to drive.

Just no luck with that car.
that's another reason my cobalt probably won't get a custom tune and tons of bolt on's in the near future if at all.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:25 PM

that's another reason my cobalt probably won't get a custom tune and tons of bolt on's in the near future if at all.
I would have to agree with you on that one. Once you start to heavily modify the car it just gives Uncle (GM) Scrooge a reason not to warranty things.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:31 PM

You can modify a car anyway you want, but it is a risk with the warranty because if GM determines that your modification is what caused the problem then you have to pay out of pocket. This is my second car now that I have done mods to under warranty and I have not had one single issue with warranty issues with either car.

With my Toyota I had a lot of mods done and they still warrantied my transmission without any questions.

I have not had a major issue with the Cobalt so I can't tell you how it would be with GM.

You just have to be careful on the mods that you do and how you drive the car. I do remember that you said you wanted to AutoX with your T/C, and even if you do not do any mods and AutoX and say wreck something on the car, GM is more then likely going to deny warranty on the car for that problem. Just something to think about.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:35 PM

I would have to agree with you on that one. Once you start to heavily modify the car it just gives Uncle (GM) Scrooge a reason not to warranty things.
yup, having seen so many horror stories on here from all around North America about GM being picky about warranty in most cases......that in itself had me doubting I wanted to get an ss/sc and mod it for the power i want. My ss/tc is a great daily driver, ESC and TCS do an amazing job in the snow/ice we've been stuck with the past few weeks. The added winter tires gives me all the traction I need to make it around the city. Next year I will be breaking into the high 13's with only a muffler delete and K&N drop in filter, that's plenty fast enough for my daily driver. Eventually I'd like a RWD beast, maybe an imported GTO for the summer, only like $15,000USD for a used one.

You just have to be careful on the mods that you do and how you drive the car. I do remember that you said you wanted to AutoX with your T/C, and even if you do not do any mods and AutoX and say wreck something on the car, GM is more then likely going to deny warranty on the car for that problem. Just something to think about.
Just remember, I'm gunna make it as hard as possible for GM to prove I've been to auto-x....worn down brake pads and rotors are not proof enough I've been "abusing" the car to the point I broke something. Remember, the ss/tc addressed all the problems from the ss/sc(except interior lol), better axles, better suspension, better chassis, ect ect, i seriously doubt i will break anything taking my balt to auto-x every weekend......

Last edited by 1WhiteSSTC; 12-16-2008 at 06:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-16-2008, 06:39 PM

yup, having seen so many horror stories on here from all around North America about GM being picky about warranty in most cases......that in itself had me doubting I wanted to get an ss/sc and mod it for the power i want. My ss/tc is a great daily driver, ESC and TCS do an amazing job in the snow/ice we've been stuck with the past few weeks. The added winter tires gives me all the traction I need to make it around the city. Next year I will be breaking into the high 13's with only a muffler delete and K&N drop in filter, that's plenty fast enough for my daily driver. Eventually I'd like a RWD beast, maybe an imported GTO for the summer, only like $15,000USD for a used one.

Just remember, I'm gunna make it as hard as possible for GM to prove I've been to auto-x....worn down brake pads and rotors are not proof enough I've been "abusing" the car to the point I broke something. Remember, the ss/tc addressed all the problems from the ss/sc(except interior lol), better axles, better suspension, better chassis, ect ect, i seriously doubt i will break anything taking my balt to auto-x every weekend.
I am not saying you will break something, but they can easily hook up the computer and do a full diganostic telling them everything that has happened to the car. Speed, when the brakes were applied, etc. It is like Big Brother....but in the car.

I'm just saying to be careful because it is obvious that GM is tightening down on things and they will find a way if they can, no matter how tiny it is. Just trying to give the heads up that's all.

Last edited by DoubleLP; 12-16-2008 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-16-2008, 06:42 PM
Banned

Here's one for you guys. My car is at the dealership today .one of the issues was the ebrake cable keeps breaking all the clips so they were fixing that. In doing so they noticed that the drivers rear wheel was running closer to the frame then the passenger side. They think that the frame may have bent????but they are not sure The only thing I can recall doing that may have done this is hitting a curb turning a corner at low speed. It is not running crooked at all just closer than passenger side. Don't think it is going to be a problem but thought I would see what your guys thoughts are. You think you would have to have a hell of an impact to bend the frame
Old 12-16-2008, 06:43 PM

I am not saying you will break something, but they can easily hook up the computer and do a full diganostic telling them everything that has happened to the car. Speed, when the brakes were applied, etc. It is like Big Brother....but in the car.

I'm just saying to be careful because it is obvious that GM is tightening down on things and they will find a way if they can, no matter how tiny it is. Just trying to give the heads up that's all.
again, thx for the warning, i just don't see them hooking up to my car and looking at all that crap unless something serious breaks.

Originally Posted by bluecobalt99
Here's one for you guys. My car is at the dealership today .one of the issues was the ebrake cable keeps breaking all the clips so they were fixing that. In doing so they noticed that the drivers rear wheel was running closer to the frame then the passenger side. They think that the frame may have bent????but they are not sure The only thing I can recall doing that may have done this is hitting a curb turning a corner at low speed. It is not running crooked at all just closer than passenger side. Don't think it is going to be a problem but thought I would see what your guys thoughts are. You think you would have to have a hell of an impact to bend the frame
alignment??

Last edited by 1WhiteSSTC; 12-16-2008 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-16-2008, 06:45 PM

again, thx for the warning, i just don't see them hooking up to my car and looking at all that crap unless something serious breaks.
That's what I mean........IF something does break just be ready for it, that's all.
Old 12-16-2008, 07:38 PM

Subaru pulled from WRC and Honda has pulled from F1.......thats messed up

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/moto...ly/7785299.stm
Old 12-16-2008, 07:55 PM

travis, you can TRY to bitchslap me, but we know how thats going to end.... you weening like a little b!tch on the floor....

on that note, i'm coming up for holidays in june, expecting a meet.....

Last edited by saunders1986; 12-17-2008 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-17-2008, 01:53 AM

Originally Posted by saunders1986
travis, you can TRY to bitchslap me, but we know how thats going to end.... you weening like a little b!itch on the floor....

on that note, i'm coming up for holidays in june, expecting a meet.....

umm what?
Old 12-17-2008, 02:17 AM

doo dee dooo

with no more school. and no job i have too much free time. what is everyone's thoughts?

Last edited by tkaugh29; 12-17-2008 at 02:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-17-2008, 02:19 AM

Originally Posted by tkaugh29
doo dee dooo

with no more school. and no job i have too much free time. what is everyone's thoughts?
Lazy bastard... ! ahaah
Old 12-17-2008, 02:23 AM

yeah man. but it sucks i sit at home all day. and nhl09 can only occupy me for so long
Old 12-17-2008, 02:23 AM

yeah man. but it sucks i sit at home all day. and nhl09 can only occupy me for so long
find a part time job?? or buy new video games ahaha
Old 12-17-2008, 02:29 AM

yeah im thinkin about a job.
but i dont need the money at all so its hard to want a job haha
Old 12-17-2008, 02:36 AM

not u trebs, banzai, u know the other travis lol....
Old 12-17-2008, 02:37 AM

Originally Posted by saunders1986
not u trebs, banzai, u know the other travis lol....
haha im not travis, im Allan, just curious what that was about!
Old 12-17-2008, 03:35 AM

wow i'm lost
Old 12-17-2008, 04:36 AM

yeah im thinkin about a job.
but i dont need the money at all so its hard to want a job haha
damn i wish, i gotta work 7 days a week to keep my fat ass afloat these days, u gots a PS3? Have u tried the game "Grid"?? Have u tried it on a 100inch HDTV Projector? if not there's a new idea for ya

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread