Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why did you run a wire all the way to the trunk.. seems excesive to me. Tapping an unused fuse in the interior fuse box is a much better idea
Old 12-22-2008, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by cobalt_addict
why did you run a wire all the way to the trunk.. seems excesive to me. Tapping an unused fuse in the interior fuse box is a much better idea
which can also make you BCM go nuts and VOID warranty..
Old 12-22-2008, 06:13 PM

Hey guys what's the fastes time the new turbo cobalts run on the 1/4 mile lol
Old 12-22-2008, 06:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Banzai2.4
which can also make you BCM go nuts and VOID warranty..
only on the saturns travis. the cobalts have tons of unused powered fuse slots that don't connect to anything.

and yes james it was alot of fun. we started drinking at like 4pm saturday and didn't stop till about 2am.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by tony2toness/sc
Hey guys what's the fastes time the new turbo cobalts run on the 1/4 mile lol
Quickest thus far is 13.6 and there is a vid of a 13.56 but that is possibly with a 50 shot.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:25 PM

Originally Posted by outtamymind
only on the saturns travis. the cobalts have tons of unused powered fuse slots that don't connect to anything.

and yes james it was alot of fun. we started drinking at like 4pm saturday and didn't stop till about 2am.
how is running wire to the trunk that hard? it all hides extremely well, besides, i'm not touchin my fusebox.
Old 12-22-2008, 07:38 PM

its your car. i never said anything about you running your wiring to your trunk buddy
Old 12-22-2008, 07:44 PM

its your car. i never said anything about you running your wiring to your trunk buddy
lol u said run it thru the fusebox on an empty slot or use the firewall to run power, i'm just usin the battery cause it's easier to access and run the wires, no different than my XMroady unit, had to wire the antenna to the trunk so i could mount it somewhere on the exterior of the car that was useful at picking up a signal, so all that wire i have run so far will serve perfect as a secondary path for my power and ground.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:12 PM

umm i never told you to run it through the firewall. too much of a hassle for a few led tubes. the fuse box is your most logical choice.
Old 12-22-2008, 09:00 PM

But is that stock lol cause I ran my sc on the 1/4 mile and I ran a 14.6 stock and somebody want to race me in there new turbo cobalt lol
Old 12-22-2008, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by tony2toness/sc
But is that stock lol cause I ran my sc on the 1/4 mile and I ran a 14.6 stock and somebody want to race me in there new turbo cobalt lol
13.6 was the best run so far, 14.4 is my best run the first time i ever took it to the track, alot of ppl were gettin 13.9's 13.8's 14.0's
Old 12-22-2008, 09:24 PM

Originally Posted by JamesJJP
Larry if thats the case let me know Cause our company is based out of Trinidad and has a much larger division than up here (they have on shore and off shore...) so yeah anyway something to keep in mind...
Thanks James your right that is good to know. I will definitely keep it in mind. Shoot me a PM with you companies web address so I can take a look.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:20 AM

I don't see how tapping into your fuse box will cause your BCM to go crazy.. maybe if your retarded and hook up Completely wrong. i don't know
Old 12-23-2008, 05:35 AM

I don't see how tapping into your fuse box will cause your BCM to go crazy.. maybe if your retarded and hook up Completely wrong. i don't know
I'm 100% sure that nothing would go wrong with your BCM
Old 12-23-2008, 11:17 AM

oh yea!??

my BCM went CRAZY.. and i almost had to replace it... and it wouldnt have been warrantied...

its the same reason you have your warranty is void cobalt_addict.... and its the same reason why they void warranties for aftermarket starters/alarms...

im not just pulling this out of my ass...
Old 12-23-2008, 11:54 AM

so someone who's NEVER worked on a fusebox before and has ZERO clue as to how to wire **** to a fusebox PROBABLY should not *** with it, agree'd????? yea i thought so, thx guys, i'll do things the way i know i can do it safely, u wanna offer up your time and dedication to help me do things "better" I'm all for it........i just SERIOUSLY doubt anybody would wanna waste their time helping me wire up extra interior lighting.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:35 PM

oh yea!??

my BCM went CRAZY.. and i almost had to replace it... and it wouldnt have been warrantied...

its the same reason you have your warranty is void cobalt_addict.... and its the same reason why they void warranties for aftermarket starters/alarms...

im not just pulling this out of my ass...
My warranty is NOT void.. If you don't know please don't assume you look like an idiot. I've been to the dealer multiple times with all of my mods and my alarm/starter and guess what.. I still have warranty. I'm not sure why you always seem to have all these problems but unless your mod caused the probem they can't void your warranty.

Originally Posted by 1WhiteSSTC
so someone who's NEVER worked on a fusebox before and has ZERO clue as to how to wire **** to a fusebox PROBABLY should not *** with it, agree'd????? yea i thought so, thx guys, i'll do things the way i know i can do it safely, u wanna offer up your time and dedication to help me do things "better" I'm all for it........i just SERIOUSLY doubt anybody would wanna waste their time helping me wire up extra interior lighting.
That comment was not at all directed to you, it was to Banzai considering he was the one talkin about the BCM, not you... No need to get angry about it either, originally I just stated that tapping the fusebox would have been easier. If you didn't know how or wanted help all you had to do is ask "how do you do that?"
Old 12-23-2008, 05:04 PM

That comment was not at all directed to you, it was to Banzai considering he was the one talkin about the BCM, not you... No need to get angry about it either, originally I just stated that tapping the fusebox would have been easier. If you didn't know how or wanted help all you had to do is ask "how do you do that?"
i know it wasn't directly towards me, but either way, i wasn't willing to tap into the fusebox, even with someone who's done it b4 on another cobalt, the battery works just as well......besides.....i still haven't found the interior fusebox on my ss/tc, i have a feeling it's all under the hood......i kno i kno, none of the other cobalts are like that ect ect but as much as nobody wants to admit it, the LNF is very different than the rest, the electronics in this car are beyond anything any previous cobalt has been given, that can affect multiple things without u being aware of it right away.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:22 PM

My warranty is NOT void.. If you don't know please don't assume you look like an idiot. I've been to the dealer multiple times with all of my mods and my alarm/starter and guess what.. I still have warranty. I'm not sure why you always seem to have all these problems but unless your mod caused the probem they can't void your warranty.

i also remember you coming in here a couple months ago saying you didn't have warranty after going to the dealership for something... ill go find it.. and steve said he would look into it... and nothing was ever said..

take a chill pill..
Old 12-23-2008, 05:26 PM

*starts singin* why can we be friends???? why can we allll be friends??? i don't know the words to this song, but i'll keep "singin' away.......lol cmon guys it's the holidays, be nice to each other!!!!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:30 PM

i was simply saying that the computer on the ecotecs are very sensitive to foreign objects being in the the fuse box...

the validity of his warranty was only in question because of a post made a long time ago about him going to the dealership and them telling him they voided it and never being proved differently...

nathan, you did the correct thing by going straight to the main power source... then you know you wont **** anything up...
Old 12-23-2008, 05:55 PM

nathan, you did the correct thing by going straight to the main power source... then you know you wont **** anything up...
yup yup, worse case i fry the lights because of some power surge......somehow i dun see that happening and even if it does, some neon lights are cheeper than any piece of electronic equipment on my balt.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:27 PM

ok to clear things up.

nathan - your bcm fuse panel is in the same place as the rest of the cobalts. inside behind the center console panel in the passenger foot well

travis - yes the bcm is very sensitive and basically it was me the installer who didn't realize that even though you don't have onstar the fuse slot is still directly hooked up to the bcm and i should have realized that. and i did check cobalt addicts warranty and yes he still has full warranty. i can't remember if i posted it or not.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:30 PM

ok to clear things up.

nathan - your bcm fuse panel is in the same place as the rest of the cobalts. inside behind the center console panel in the passenger foot well
hey dood, lol ya i got lazy and didn't poke around the passenger side yet, just ran the power/ground to the trunk and wired up the switch, turn it on and WALAH, it glows
Old 12-23-2008, 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by 1WhiteSSTC
hey dood, lol ya i got lazy and didn't poke around the passenger side yet, just ran the power/ground to the trunk and wired up the switch, turn it on and WALAH, it glows
ya thats fine. just easier to do it from the fuse panel and run a switch and if anyone contests to the stability of the empty fuse slots on the cobalt (not the saturns lol) i've had my led's in my car on 2 seperate fuse slots for about a year or so with no problems and an underglow kit for about 6 months again with no problems

so on another note, i finally found a way to hack windows vista into not having to activate itself. and even if it does get locked out, there's a way to unlock it temporarily

you guys need to check out this thread. this guy is ******* hilarious in how he keeps misunderstanding me. https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/08-10-ss-turbocharged-general-discussion-152/dealer-rotated-my-tires-147526/

Last edited by outtamymind; 12-23-2008 at 09:44 PM.

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread