Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cruisn
no offence but form a boss`standpoint that is a lot of sick days... 1 a month... questionable... I have to prove I am sick. lol. show up at work almost dead, then I can sleep in my truck for a bit then I ussually have to work no matter what.. sorta sucks
depends on the type of work you do as to whether or not 1 sick day a month is bad
Old 03-05-2009, 05:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 1WhiteSSTC
depends on the type of work you do as to whether or not 1 sick day a month is bad
any job really, not so much for my showig up attititude but, 1 dya month is a lot..

I went to work for 1 hour couldn`t weld... ended up in the hospital... lol. that day sucked
Old 03-05-2009, 05:58 PM

any job really, not so much for my showig up attititude but, 1 dya month is a lot..

I went to work for 1 hour couldn`t weld... ended up in the hospital... lol. that day sucked
lol that's why when your sick, u don't goto work, because when sick u are prone to mistakes that pending your job could be costly to your physical self and the company when your away on workers comp because they told u they would fire u if u didn't come in sick or not.........companies like that do not deserve to exist imo, they don't give a **** about the employee at all, just another name and employee # to them.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:01 PM

lol that's why when your sick, u don't goto work, because when sick u are prone to mistakes that pending your job could be costly to your physical self and the company when your away on workers comp because they told u they would fire u if u didn't come in sick or not.........companies like that do not deserve to exist imo, they don't give a **** about the employee at all, just another name and employee # to them.
what... I wasnt a hazard. I was feelig so so... so I still went in, condition got worse so I left.. I dont see where I did something wrong..

small company to, me and the boss, I was doing all the welding at the time and we had a deadline to meet so I had to be there...
Old 03-05-2009, 06:05 PM

what... I wasnt a hazard. I was feelig so so... so I still went in, condition got worse so I left.. I dont see where I did something wrong..

small company to, me and the boss, I was doing all the welding at the time and we had a deadline to meet so I had to be there...
i wasn't saying u made a huge mistake or anything, just that it's stupid how some companies will say come in today or your fired even if you've provided doctors notes ect for being sick, somethings u just can't do anything about it, your sick and that's that...........the companies out there who don't understand this need to die and let the good companies take their business.........don't mind me dood lol i'm an Idealist not a Realist, and yes lol the world needs both of them.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:12 PM

i wasn't saying u made a huge mistake or anything, just that it's stupid how some companies will say come in today or your fired even if you've provided doctors notes ect for being sick, somethings u just can't do anything about it, your sick and that's that...........the companies out there who don't understand this need to die and let the good companies take their business.........don't mind me dood lol i'm an Idealist not a Realist, and yes lol the world needs both of them.
lol, oh okay, thats fine then i understand your point. I would not work for a company like thst either.

in the wleding bussiness you at least show up, but sleep in your truck. lol. jsut so you are there at least.. havent done it personally but a few guys that i worked with did. it shows you want your job, casue they can easily replace you
Old 03-05-2009, 06:19 PM

lol, oh okay, thats fine then i understand your point. I would not work for a company like thst either.

in the wleding bussiness you at least show up, but sleep in your truck. lol. jsut so you are there at least.. havent done it personally but a few guys that i worked with did. it shows you want your job, casue they can easily replace you
sleeping in the truck getting paid to do nothing...........i wonder wat the customers would think of this.......i know it's a contract ect deadlines/timelines but wats happens if u miss a contract because of sick ppl? You tell the customer sry i had a few of my skilled employees who got sick so we fell a day or so behind.........i know there's more to it than that but IMO communication is one of mankinds downfalls as of late. ppl are afraid to call in sick or tell someone they made a mistake in fear of wat might happen from this communication.........lol i'm just gunna stop, i could talk my Idealist ways till i'm blue in the face but mankind isn't ready for the changes required to progress everybody towards a better/brighter future.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Banned

I hate today, I fell walking to work and fucked up my ankle, now I can't even drive, alway good when you go to walk on a sidewalk that looks clear and ends up being pure ice
Old 03-05-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by bluecobalt99
I hate today, I fell walking to work and fucked up my ankle, now I can't even drive, alway good when you go to walk on a sidewalk that looks clear and ends up being pure ice
my friend Robyn has horrible luck with that too lol she falls all the time on ice over the winter, it's kinda funny but at the same time that sucks. And BRUTAL that u can't drive the car anymore i've had an injury like that before where i couldn't drive, felt like a part of me was missing till i could drive again
Old 03-05-2009, 06:29 PM

sleeping in the truck getting paid to do nothing...........i wonder wat the customers would think of this.......i know it's a contract ect deadlines/timelines but wats happens if u miss a contract because of sick ppl? You tell the customer sry i had a few of my skilled employees who got sick so we fell a day or so behind.........i know there's more to it than that but IMO communication is one of mankinds downfalls as of late. ppl are afraid to call in sick or tell someone they made a mistake in fear of wat might happen from this communication.........lol i'm just gunna stop, i could talk my Idealist ways till i'm blue in the face but mankind isn't ready for the changes required to progress everybody towards a better/brighter future.
communication is a huge issue and I can agree to that. I think it depends where you work to, like say joe is sick. and is scared to call in becasue sally is fighting to get his job.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:41 PM

communication is a huge issue and I can agree to that. I think it depends where you work to, like say joe is sick. and is scared to call in becasue sally is fighting to get his job.
But then that begs the question why is joe's job in jepordy in the first place? Why would they consider Sally over Joe? Just because Sally claims she never takes sick days? Sally could be lieing thru her teeth, even Fred who told the Boss(Frank) that Sally would be better than Joe could be lying too.....Fred could be bangin Sally on the side or "owes" Sally for something and doesn't really know Joe that well so Joe gets fired.........how is that right?? There is HUGE politics everywhere u go these days..........i dare say politics will be the downfall or already IS the downfall of mankind......
Old 03-05-2009, 06:45 PM

But then that begs the question why is joe's job in jepordy in the first place? Why would they consider Sally over Joe? Just because Sally claims she never takes sick days? Sally could be lieing thru her teeth, even Fred who told the Boss(Frank) that Sally would be better than Joe could be lying too.....Fred could be bangin Sally There is HUGE politics everywhere u go these days..........i dare say politics will be the downfall or already IS the downfall of mankind......
thats cause we have no control over them. I mean the edmonton house of commons doesnt allow cameras when there is a meeting and I have been in there jsut last week.. and I know why. they get **** all done. its a joke.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:50 PM

thats cause we have no control over them. I mean the edmonton house of commons doesnt allow cameras when there is a meeting and I have been in there jsut last week.. and I know why. they get **** all done. its a joke.
because the House of Commons and every form of Government has something to hide, they are afraid to admit they were wrong because everyone else has been trained to attack any mistake made by anybody.........not to mention all the scams and bribes that go on, the whole you scratch my back i'll scratch your back bullshit needs to DIE FOREVER!!! It should be something needs to be done and it gets done.
Old 03-05-2009, 06:54 PM

sooo.... changing the topic

im gonna ******* go insane!"!! I want to work so bad and I work hard but some companies have there greasy little fingers in the welder industry and push me out so they can get there shitty welders in and make profit, **** **** **** ****. I care about my ******* work. I want to work. this sitting at home has finally made me crack.

the one guy I was working with is a journeyman with 10 years experience and our welds look identical in the flat, make it uphand and well... the experiance level goes to my benifit. he also failed his uphand and overhead cwb twice... and he still got hired back before me since he has his j-man ticket and the company he wokrs for are a bunch of *******

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
IM LOSING IT....
Old 03-05-2009, 06:55 PM

not working would drive me insane after 1 week, i have to be doing something consistently or I go nuts
Old 03-05-2009, 07:08 PM

I don't mind my six days off.

My shift is awesome. 3 days, 3 nights, 6 off.....repeat. So for every day that I work I get a day off. Can't beat that!!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wish i had a job like that. so when you coming back into town buddy?
Old 03-05-2009, 07:31 PM

I will be coming down tomorrow. I am there until Thursday. And your stereo will be with me so we can meet anytime for that bro!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by DoubleLP
I will be coming down tomorrow. I am there until Thursday. And your stereo will be with me so we can meet anytime for that bro!
actaully no you wont. I will be intercepting you on the fort mac highway and kidnapping yo uuntill you get me a job.... i think thats rather fair
Old 03-05-2009, 07:36 PM

mike, i might come work up north... i gotta get away from this crap..

1 sick day a month isnt bad... yesterday i was sick from food poisoning..
Old 03-05-2009, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Banzai2.4
mike, i might come work up north... i gotta get away from this crap..

1 sick day a month isnt bad... yesterday i was sick from food poisoning..
Well you are more then welcome to come and work up here bro, but I don't have a place for you to stay bro. The house right now is full to the nuts. LOL

actaully no you wont. I will be intercepting you on the fort mac highway and kidnapping yo uuntill you get me a job.... i think thats rather fair
Good luck with that.....my car is still faster then yours. LOL

Last edited by DoubleLP; 03-05-2009 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

steve, come tomorrow night and we can do your stereo too lol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya employers are using anything they can to lay off people right now. and ya mike give me a shout when your down. i work saturday till noon then i'm cleaning the car if you want to stop by then at my work.

Originally Posted by DoubleLP
Good luck with that.....my car is still faster then yours. LOL
ROFL ROFL ROFL!!!!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:42 PM

damn.. i tried...

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread