Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DoubleLP
This coming from the guy who wanted to put his summer tires on by now.

See......we did know what we are talking about.
this brings the lulz
Old 03-22-2009, 03:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1WhiteSSTC
u can't deny it's been good lately, i saw like 20+ bikes out friday night and more on saturday too. Just another Calgary freak snowstorm out of no where that will last 2 days and the majority will be melted already, main roads dry, and i'll be seeing bikes out again........had i put my summers on i wouldn't be going to work today.......... that could have been a good thing lol
I have never said it wasn't....but winter can strike anytime. It is well known that most people leave the winters on until the long weekend in May because for some reason we seem to get a snowstorm or two before then.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by cruisn
this brings the lulz
well as a fact the main roads are clear already which at first i didn't expect but not surprised, if i had summer tires i could still drive on the main roads, i'm sure there are ppl doing that right now. Tho I'll stick to my winter for another 1-2 weeks.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:58 PM

dude i was freakin side ways this morn trying to change lanes. to me that is fun and i had no issues straightn out but those are the real risks one take with all seasons. i would listen to mike he is a lil bit more grounded on that subject. you don't wanna listen to a guy who enjoys drivin in this **** with one of these greasy, slip-slidin, summer cars. call me crazy and stupid i find it fun!!!! lmao
Old 03-22-2009, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
dude i was freakin side ways this morn trying to change lanes. to me that is fun and i had no issues straightn out but those are the real risks one take with all seasons. i would listen to mike he is a lil bit more grounded on that subject. you don't wanna listen to a guy who enjoys drivin in this **** with one of these greasy, slip-slidin, summer cars. call me crazy and stupid i find it fun!!!! lmao
until you cant stop and hit the ditch or worse...
Old 03-22-2009, 06:26 PM

hey guys....question for ya...any of you go to the street races saturday night?
Old 03-22-2009, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Octane
hey guys....question for ya...any of you go to the street races saturday night?
we prefer to call it what it is, a weekly showNshine under the pretense of "street racing" because nobody races anymore, for 1 it's stupid, for 2 it's stupid, and for 3 it's stupid

stupid#1=cops+tickets+bye bye car
stupid#2=random cars in the area and if your street racing someone could pop out of no where and now your dead and the person(s) in the vehicle you hit, possibly the person you were racing too, and if u were stupid enough to have your own passengers like a close friend, g/f, maybe a family memeber....
stupid#3=Race city is a race track that allows us to go "street race" every friday night when the weather is warm enough and the track opens......it's that simple
Old 03-22-2009, 08:09 PM

we prefer to call it what it is, a weekly showNshine under the pretense of "street racing" because nobody races anymore, for 1 it's stupid, for 2 it's stupid, and for 3 it's stupid

stupid#1=cops+tickets+bye bye car
stupid#2=random cars in the area and if your street racing someone could pop out of no where and now your dead and the person(s) in the vehicle you hit, possibly the person you were racing too, and if u were stupid enough to have your own passengers like a close friend, g/f, maybe a family memeber....
stupid#3=Race city is a race track that allows us to go "street race" every friday night when the weather is warm enough and the track opens......it's that simple
well how do you know his intentions are to go and street race? hell i call it the street races, sure noone races but thats the most commonly referred to and known name of the event...
Old 03-22-2009, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
Sideways? my ESC keeps me straight but in summer tires I would not have moved an inch today, all seasons i wouldn't be worried, drive very careful and you'll be fine

Originally Posted by tREBs
well how do you know his intentions are to go and street race? hell i call it the street races, sure noone races but thats the most commonly referred to and known name of the event...
he has 6 posts which means he's new, i have no clue wat his intentions are as he did not mention any, just asked about the "street races".........i made a perfectly acceptable comment, u dun like it.........yea too bad

Last edited by 1WhiteSSTC; 03-22-2009 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-22-2009, 08:14 PM

Sideways?

he has 6 posts which means he's new, i have no clue wat his intentions are as he did not mention any, just asked about the "street races".........i made a perfectly acceptable comment, u dun like it.........yea too bad
ahaha so? you once had 6 posts as well... why judge him without knowing his intention... read his post he asked "does anyone here go to the street races? "

answer... yes, simple as that
and like i said i call it the street races as well, are you going to lecture me on street racing as well now?
Old 03-22-2009, 08:52 PM

ahaha so? you once had 6 posts as well... why judge him without knowing his intention... read his post he asked "does anyone here go to the street races? "

answer... yes, simple as that
and like i said i call it the street races as well, are you going to lecture me on street racing as well now?
I offered up an opinion and general information, nothing wrong with that on a public forum.

and if he has a problem with it i'm sure he will post it for himself, he doesn't need your help defending his position i'm sure he is an adult and can do that for himself
Old 03-22-2009, 09:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
**** last night i was slipping everywhere and i was doing about half the speed limit. i couldn't get traction anywhere and i have ******* winters on lol.

and octane welcome to the forums. don't let a few members here scare ya away. any info on your car? and this forum is a good place for info as a bunch of us work at dealerships
Old 03-22-2009, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by outtamymind
**** last night i was slipping everywhere and i was doing about half the speed limit. i couldn't get traction anywhere and i have ******* winters on lol.
dood lol i tried 10 times to get up my hill.........fail, then it took me another 4 tries to get up Edmonton trail so i could go the other way, the snow was the worst kind, ice underneath and weird, annoying, can't get traction snow. I was so happy to see Edmonton trail cleared up this afternoon
Old 03-22-2009, 09:58 PM

until you cant stop and hit the ditch or worse...
you're right, but like steve said i can't get going fast enough to hurt anything or one. if one uses his mind one usually stays out of trouble. the only thing i've hit lately is rabbits not ditchs or other cars.lmao thanks Al for your concern, always said you're a good man. welcome octane how the hell are you.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:17 PM

1)its not really called the street races for one. its in a parking lot. i think most people acutally say "whose going to tims on sat night"

2)arent all season tires good until -14? i have all season tires and didnt have any troubles today, i didnt use 4x4 at all excpet at a few lights.

#3 i found a sweet car that i think im going to buy in the next week (i came into some money)
most of you guys will hate this car haha but if i get it ill be back, it will be nice to be able to cruise again. and the car is not a balt.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:18 PM

1)its not really called the street races for one. its in a parking lot. i think most people acutally say "whose going to tims on sat night"

2)arent all season tires good until -14? i have all season tires and didnt have any troubles today, i didnt use 4x4 at all excpet at a few lights.

#3 i found a sweet car that i think im going to buy in the next week (i came into some money)
most of you guys will hate this car haha but if i get it ill be back, it will be nice to be able to cruise again. and the car is not a balt.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:30 PM

yeah they are supposed to be good to-10 but in a foot of snow they still not the greatest. hell neither is ss/sc in a foot of snow. trucks usually get around much better.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:45 PM

lol...yeah, i wasnt lookin for trouble:P six posts so far, im not gonna come out runnin my mouth. i called it the races just, cuz thats what i have only heard it called. i was asked about my car, its just a 2.0 LSJ supercharged. its got a cold air intake. i have the ott stage kit sittin in my room. but im waiting on a ecm because i dont feel like payin a butt load of cash for a program to flash my ecm lol. my car is lowered with polarized window tint all the way around. and i have 2 twelve inch subs. thats it. i work at a dealership as weel, but i am apprenticing as a heavy equipment tech. i have a decent understanding of cars though...but ill need help:P. hey tREBs, thanks for not bein a douche bag:P haha.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cool. ya i'm at shaganappi pontiac, where you workin at and ya we all like to have some extra incite to problems we're having. and nice what color do you have?
Old 03-23-2009, 12:59 AM

Originally Posted by outtamymind

and octane welcome to the forums. don't let a few members here scare ya away. any info on your car? and this forum is a good place for info as a bunch of us work at dealerships
dood lol i tried 10 times to get up my hill.........fail, then it took me another 4 tries to get up Edmonton trail so i could go the other way, the snow was the worst kind, ice underneath and weird, annoying, can't get traction snow. I was so happy to see Edmonton trail cleared up this afternoon
I love having a truck with 4x4.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:05 AM

shut it!!!! lol u keep your 4x4 outta this

So happy i got those projectors off you b4 u sold the balt, love em to death!!! once u go retro u never go back
Old 03-23-2009, 01:52 AM

^^ once you go homo u never go back too right?
Old 03-23-2009, 08:12 AM

I work at Sterling trucks. on highway tractors is all i work on. its starting to get pretty slow at work though. my car is red with a red on black interior. yours?
Old 03-23-2009, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by cobalt_addict
^^ once you go homo u never go back too right?
if your speaking from experience sure, i personally would never know and will never know, **** and ******* is where it's at
Old 03-23-2009, 02:25 PM

Oh ya?

Well my car doubles as a snow plow. So HA!

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread