Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 07:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, picked up my new truck today!
06 GMC Canyon "offroad"
Fun truck so far!
2" body lift and 33" mudders, plus a few other little things...

I'll get pics up shortly.
Old 10-06-2010, 09:05 PM

that sounds like a cool lil truck al, just in time for winter....

on a side note guys, i asked ella what she wanted for her bday... she said all she wants is a cooking set and to cook for our friends and family!!!!!!!!!!! i will get back to you when, but you are all invited... it will be on the 24th most likely... i will get back to you on the day.... but i will tell you what will be on the menu lol... there should be maple chicken, thai beef, roast beef, rice, mashed potatoes, veggies, stir fry noodles, and her specialty homemade spring rolls..... omg they are so good.... there will be dessert, so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!! you will all find out why i gained weight lol.... maybe if kris's mom is up to it lol we can have a goodie cook off here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just a lil challenge to throw out there!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahaaha god i plan on eating for sure lol.... just send me a pm if you plan on coming.... things should be starting up around 4....
Old 10-06-2010, 10:03 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
sounds good...

I only wish I could reciprocate...

I can cook, but my specialty (for some reason) is cooking for one.

I haven't actually baked anything that hasn't come pre-made in over five years now!! (but, my kitchen was hobbit sized, so it should be understandable).
Old 10-06-2010, 10:07 PM

na i was challenging kris's mom on goodies, if you smell what i am cooking!!!!! LOL you are definately more then welcome to come jonathan.... just send me a pm if you want too.... so that way we get a idea about how many to cook for!!!!
Old 10-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Banned

"Graham, the cost of a clutch job is why I was teasing you into considering a different car - I mean, if you're going to lay down a couple G's, why not have the car go at least a second better in the quarter "

Ya I have a buddy who's uncle has been a tech at a1 transmission for quite a number of years, and he told me today that his shop would charge about $550-750. But he will do it for me for $350-400 , which isnt a bad Idea. Plus I trust this guy he has been one of my bros for a long time, and used to be heavy into the mega modded import scene about 10 yrs ago having possibly one of the most modded Integras and MR2's in existance (my opinion again)

So no I am Still probably gonna get the stage 2 from excedy I think its rated for 339ft/tq so that should be more then plenty, Now tell me the advantages/disadvantages to a lightweight Flywheel, and is one with 5000miles on it bad? All input is good input so please speak your mind, and tell of any experiences.

Also please explain about the other stuff you mentioned I need.

Oh and yes, Jon I do plan on keeping my car. Not really looking to trade to get a faster one, not really done having fun with this one, Plus she seems to be a good car (come on she has handled me baggin her for 75000km's) and Its seems I lucked out with a pretty quick/well built 2.2 engine.
* as a side note tho, if I do trade it will be most definatly for a ( dont ream me for this one, as i am the biggest avdicate saying it can be done) more "practical" Vehicle, that is relitively quick and can carry Khloe and me and possible a dog and a boat, as those are my ideas for in the next couple years.
Old 10-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CalgaryBalt
"Graham, the cost of a clutch job is why I was teasing you into considering a different car - I mean, if you're going to lay down a couple G's, why not have the car go at least a second better in the quarter "

Ya I have a buddy who's uncle has been a tech at a1 transmission for quite a number of years, and he told me today that his shop would charge about $550-750. But he will do it for me for $350-400 , which isnt a bad Idea. Plus I trust this guy he has been one of my bros for a long time, and used to be heavy into the mega modded import scene about 10 yrs ago having possibly one of the most modded Integras and MR2's in existance (my opinion again)

So no I am Still probably gonna get the stage 2 from excedy I think its rated for 339ft/tq so that should be more then plenty, Now tell me the advantages/disadvantages to a lightweight Flywheel, and is one with 5000miles on it bad? All input is good input so please speak your mind, and tell of any experiences.

Also please explain about the other stuff you mentioned I need.

Oh and yes, Jon I do plan on keeping my car. Not really looking to trade to get a faster one, not really done having fun with this one, Plus she seems to be a good car (come on she has handled me baggin her for 75000km's) and Its seems I lucked out with a pretty quick/well built 2.2 engine.
* as a side note tho, if I do trade it will be most definatly for a ( dont ream me for this one, as i am the biggest avdicate saying it can be done) more "practical" Vehicle, that is relitively quick and can carry Khloe and me and possible a dog and a boat, as those are my ideas for in the next couple years.
i got the spec 3+ and i love it, it is a $800 clutch though, i installed with a new flywheel(stock) and tc lnf throw out bearing.

The light weight fly wheel will make it a pain in the ass to drive as a daily driver, you will have to rev up higher so you dont stall and your engine will rev faster. i didnt go that route because i still daily drive my car.

The spec 3+ grabs like a son of a bitch at the track, no slipping and takes abuse and asks for more, two thumbs up from my review
Old 10-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Banned

on a side note anyone know some where in calgary to p+p a head on our cars, i just dont want anyone doing it (ie would prefer someone who has done an lsj or 4 cylinder heads in the past)
Old 10-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluecobalt99
i got the spec 3+ and i love it, it is a $800 clutch though, i installed with a new flywheel(stock) and tc lnf throw out bearing.

The light weight fly wheel will make it a pain in the ass to drive as a daily driver, you will have to rev up higher so you dont stall and your engine will rev faster. i didnt go that route because i still daily drive my car.

The spec 3+ grabs like a son of a bitch at the track, no slipping and takes abuse and asks for more, two thumbs up from my review

Thank you, these are the responses I am looking for.

Also dont you have a lsj? So can any ecotec use the tc throwout baring? and is the any median between stock and lightweight flywheel? How is the reliability of the spec 3?
Old 10-07-2010, 12:10 AM
Banned

Thank you, these are the responses I am looking for.

Also dont you have a lsj? So can any ecotec use the tc throwout baring? and is the any median between stock and lightweight flywheel? How is the reliability of the spec 3?
the tc bearing is an upgrade for the lsj, i think there is a lighter steel fly wheel, that would be half way. i did alot of reading, there was someone who would say something bad about each clutch i researched, all in all the spec 3+ was what i chose from the reviews i read. I got scared away from the centraforce as every person i read that installed had issues(on cobalt anyways)

as for all ecotecs i believe the 2.2 and 2.4 use a different tranny so different clutch/throw out bearing(slave)
Old 10-07-2010, 12:16 AM

Tejay's reply covered all the bases.

You know what's better than a long weekend?
  • Having a long weekend a couple days away...
  • Going into the long weekend knowing I probably won't have to cook for one single evening! (my mom is flying in tomorrow; but she's staying with one of my brothers lol)
  • moving the stereo upstairs... (something I've wanted to do, but had to hold off to stay on some kind of a budget; moving it would have meant buying something to put it in)
  • testing out that you hooked everything up properly by listening to a side of a $2 Zep record... that amazingly plays well for the number of scratches it has!
  • realizing it's the Leppelin album with stairway(!)... (it was $2 because it was scratched up and had no sleeve - but LZ records seem to be really tough to find!?)
  • and having my most stressful decision of this whole week being how I want the stereo cabinette set up....
oh the choices...

what do any of you think?

option #1 (requires you imagining a second door on the other side)

option #2

option #3 (you'll have to use your imagination again)

I initially was thinking of doing option #1;
This evening thought of doing #2- which would mean I could bring something back (gas money is always good) and I could use the two ends to more or less display records ect.
Or going for broke (aka: spending more money) and doing #3... hey, I'll admit it I can be a little cheap
Old 10-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Banned

on another note, dropped a 2.7 onto the tvs tonight.....anyone say 25+psi of boost haha. It was awesome to see how much low end torque and no knock up top either.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:18 AM

Oh yeah - Tejay ~ we gotta meet up...

you going to be around this weekend?
Old 10-07-2010, 12:20 AM

how much boost was your last pulley making?

my brother is looking into a larger crank pulley for his Z24 to do the same, but I think that would put him up to ten, or just shy of that mark.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by soundjunky
Oh yeah - Tejay ~ we gotta meet up...

you going to be around this weekend?
im gone for family events for weekend, back monday if that works
Old 10-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by soundjunky
how much boost was your last pulley making?

my brother is looking into a larger crank pulley for his Z24 to do the same, but I think that would put him up to ten, or just shy of that mark.
20-24 normally, i didnt wind this one out tonight, once it pegged 25 i let off ( its accurate to as its a mechanical gauge) im pretty sure i could have got 28 out of it, then popped a piston haha
Old 10-07-2010, 12:23 AM

im gone for family events for weekend, back monday if that works
fair enough, I'm a little busy sat, gone sunday, but I'll be around monday... or we can just meet up next week too - this time I'll offer to drive up north...
Old 10-07-2010, 12:26 AM

20-24 normally, i didnt wind this one out tonight, once it pegged 25 i let off ( its accurate to as its a mechanical gauge) im pretty sure i could have got 28 out of it, then popped a piston haha
who do you normally have do your tuning? - pickles??
Old 10-07-2010, 12:26 AM
Banned

Jon I like Option #2 and your amazing step by step of how your week is better then mine.

Tejay, thanks for your imput I will look around and see what I can find and hopefully get everything done by end of october.

Also as a side note, Jon I need my boost back lol car just isnt the same without it.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:37 AM

Jon I like Option #2 and your amazing step by step of how your week is better then mine.
awe - come on, why you gotta be that way? ~ I relish in the simplicities of life...

I mean I could complian that I gotta make this stupid adapter so that you can get all randy over your retros... but I don't.
I mean, it's not like I really am obligated to making a part that I had no idea was missing )
(FYI: I apparently misplaced the pieces, but it's all good I found them about a half hour ago)

Tejay, thanks for your imput I will look around and see what I can find and hopefully get everything done by end of october.
if it matters, a stage 3 is totally overkill for you - unless of course you realistically think you're going to make over 300ft-lbs of torque before getting rid of it and buying a boring SUV/extended cab truck...

Also as a side note, Jon I need my boost back lol car just isnt the same without it.
hey, it's still sitting here... I told you exactly what it costed if you wanted it.
Old 10-07-2010, 12:43 AM

hey guys so my halos are officially done and look sick we added a second led to each halo now they are brighter and now onto some serious business my horsepower situation i should be at least pushing 300 hp by now and will be around 400 by the winter lol those halos added about 25 per halo so essentially i gained 100hp tonight alone what are your opinions on this
Old 10-07-2010, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by kissrocker52
... what are your opinions on this
you're not a poseur.

but if you keep posting like that and people are going to start thinking you are;
once you're labeled a poseur, people are going to think you wear KISS shirts to seem like a rocker, but are really a closet Barry Manalow fan.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:03 AM

lol i was hoping on a post like that lol it was a joke between me and graham lol he thought i should post it
Old 10-07-2010, 01:09 AM

so does that mean you don't have any Barry Manalow in your album collection?

what about this?

any good/diverse collection needs some cheese...
especially when there's as much rock/metal as I have - don't worry that's about as bad/cheesy as my stuff gets (unless you're going to hold one bluegrass lp against me!)
Old 10-07-2010, 01:11 AM
Banned

Ya I did, Kris I told you to talk about your dp and your header and exhaust remember the math we learned fromt he civic guys?? website says the dp gives you up to 35hp, the exhaust 15hp, the header another 15hp, and 15 for the full cold air intake, and well since you got all three and there supporting mods that means you definatly will get the maximum hp they have listed, so lets see 80hp from that alone plus the 171hp your car came with is 80+171= 251hp, also by going with leds to power your halos Im sure your saving in parasitic loss from your electrical system all in all you should be hitting about 260hp

ENJOY

Pffft Jon who doest have an abba album within reach to take a picture of?

Last edited by CalgaryBalt; 10-07-2010 at 01:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-07-2010, 01:14 AM

Pffft Jon who doesn't have an ABBA album within reach to take a picture of?
I was guessing one donkey-puncher!?

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread