Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well then I suggest we all Make a letter and send it to all the prospecting mayor candidates as well as our MLA. I think that is the most responsible way to make a point and most likly we will be heard about these issues
Old 10-14-2010, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by CalgaryBalt
No I have been lazy lately and fighting my tickets my self. It means he didnt have enough info to back his case, and he didnt sumbmit his copy of the ticket through proper procedure
Ohh I think I'll do that too or hopefully he doesn't show up. I miss that last court date for the last tint ticket. But will definitely try to fight this one, with some good advice if you got some.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by CalgaryBalt
Well then I suggest we all Make a letter and send it to all the prospecting mayor candidates as well as our MLA. I think that is the most responsible way to make a point and most likly we will be heard about these issues
Like a sign petition or something or like a public announcement about whats legal and whats illegal to put in your car. Well like what that cop told me go to the internet and look it up before you do any mods in your car. But some of us don't know where to look or they change them anyways without telling anyone, so whats the point of looking it up.

P.S. aaahhhh sorry everyone, just having a bad day. Don't listen to me.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:17 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
ok graham, jonathan you 2 need help.... go get a gf or something.... lol please take up dating, drugs, drinking, actual video games, music, anything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pls just leave the stupid comp games alone!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude, if I'm ******* it at work, you can only look over eBay, Kijiji, news, or the weather so much - so at work I will play either spider solitare, or some of the games on gmfwd dot com
...you 2 use to like modding cars whatever happened to that.......
Dude I have three fruit/banana boxes full of them!!
(PS: living in a basement for five years meant no room for hobbies)
now your wasting time with comp games that have no meaning.... geez i think jerking offf would be a better past time... at least you get some satisfaction from it.... my lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
again, please refer to the @ work comment.
btw there is this awsome youtube vid about a chimp who thought a bullfrog was a good mate... maybe look for something funny would be better...
*link removed*
check this out... a lil inspiration for you
that is too funny - I believe it was posted elsewhere here - and I commented on it there too!

but inspiration!? - I'll pass...

Originally Posted by supermanbalt
Stupid cop gave me 3 tickets (exhaust, window and tail lights). Does anyone know a way of fighting these tickets or been in the same situation.
Yikes

... Ohh and he said any exhaust not stock is illegal also.
this is pure crap.

I spoke to a cop about this a couple years ago, and as long as there is an exhaust it is not illegal - this one should be thrown out plain and simple.

IIRC last year a motion was brought to city council to make loud exhausts illegal;
Aside from the logistics of having to figure out on-site if a car is above a given decibel level, this was eventually thrown out;

Please keep this in mind next monday and make your vote count;

Ric McIcver was behind it getting thrown out
;

He has always backed car enthusiasts, and this has often meant he was the one leading the charge for any stupid proposed laws getting turfed, or us still having a race track.
Barb's campaigners have been observed busting his signs, and after having his signs targeted in my area for over two weeks, I have grown tired of fixing them - last saturday morning some new signs were being erected for Barb, and low and behold, half or Ric's signs along 18th street were smashed to bits...
IMHO, Barb already has recognition going for her, so to hear of, and even suspect her campaigners of doping this is low...

I sincerely ask that you all look into Ric McIver, and please consider voting for him - Yesterday morning I had heard that Barb was ahead in the last poll.

BUt back to your tickets;
I asked, and you never clarified what was done for the 'stunting ticket (because sometimes you can fight that one; even if you hire points to represent you).
In the end, you might get out of the window tint ticket by having it removed (I have heard of that one often enough.
You might be able to get away with pleading ignorance to the tail lamps, but I dunno;
I am unsure if that is a black and white thing - I have heard of the xxxFT rule, but cannot be sure myself;
But if **** is selling a car right now with tinted tail lamps, I would hope that it's not illegal.

You could probably go into a police station and ask - but don't go when they're busy, and don't park right out front... just incase.

Last edited by soundjunky; 10-14-2010 at 01:24 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by soundjunky

this is pure crap.

I spoke to a cop about this a couple years ago, and as long as there is an exhaust it is not illegal - this one should be thrown out plain and simple.

IIRC last year a motion was brought to city council to make loud exhausts illegal;
Aside from the logistics of having to figure out on-site if a car is above a given decibel level, this was eventually thrown out;

I sincerely ask that you all look into Ric McIver, and please consider voting for him - Yesterday morning I had heard that Barb was ahead in the last poll.

In the end, you might get out of the window tint ticket by having it removed (I have heard of that one often enough.
You might be able to get away with pleading ignorance to the tail lamps, but I dunno;
I am unsure if that is a black and white thing - I have heard of the xxxFT rule, but cannot be sure myself;
But if **** is selling a car right now with tinted tail lamps, I would hope that it's not illegal.

You could probably go into a police station and ask - but don't go when they're busy, and don't park right out front... just incase.

Yah I will plead ignorance for the tail lamps and exhaust. The tail lights he said something about 150 but not sure if he meant feet or metres, you can see red. And how does he have proof he never measure it.

The exhaust wasn't about the sound, it was the size of the exhaust tip I think. And I didn't know about that one either. Ticket says "exhaust outlet widened". I never widened it or put an exhaust tip or anything.

Last edited by supermanbalt; 10-14-2010 at 02:06 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:10 AM
Banned

Vote For Nensi he has a nice smile!
Old 10-14-2010, 03:22 AM

um no graham he s fake lol
Old 10-14-2010, 03:24 AM

So I can't sleep, I did my research. I can't wait to go to court and act like a lawyer. I am pretty confident and have enough proof to plead my case hehe.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:28 AM

nice man ya i cant go to sleep i work in 3 hours lol
Old 10-14-2010, 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by kissrocker52
nice man ya i cant go to sleep i work in 3 hours lol
lol yah ohh have you seen my new lights. I was gonna make a name change and use it as my sig name but dont know how.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:44 AM

i heard about them but havent seen it yet
Old 10-14-2010, 03:46 AM

i heard about them but havent seen it yet
well lets just say "custom". I got a pic, but how do you post it on here.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:48 AM

put the pic to photo bucket then when making a post click go advanced and the there is a button that looks like a mountin then add the link to the photo
Old 10-14-2010, 03:52 AM

put the pic to photo bucket then when making a post click go advanced and the there is a button that looks like a mountin then add the link to the photo
Man I suck at computers. is it the send trackbacks to, space

okay this is going to take me forever, trying to look for a mountain lol. I'm gonna try to go back to bed. peace

Last edited by supermanbalt; 10-14-2010 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:53 AM

huh lol
Old 10-14-2010, 05:08 AM
Banned

You got new lights?
Old 10-14-2010, 05:12 AM

he did his third brake light
Old 10-14-2010, 09:50 AM

lets clarify all this ticket crap!!!!! tinted windows from shoulders forward are illegal!!!!!!!!!! however i am sure there are loop holes... tail lights i believe in the 150 meter thing is correct... however i also think there is a line that states all tail light covers must be removable at night... the widened exhaust is a pure crap thing to **** you off.... for instance in my case i have dual outports...in which isnt illegal to do.... the ss/sc comes with a 3 inch exit... my tips are 4inch, but the exit is only 2.5 inch... the most common thing cops try to use in thier favor is the tip as too exit size... there is a huge diff between tips and exit specially when you talk about fart cans.... i think for the most part you can get at least 2 of the tickets thrown out...
Old 10-14-2010, 10:14 AM

Yah I will plead ignorance for the tail lamps and exhaust.
just hold it right there;
In Alberta there are no exhaust laws;
you don't even need a cat to be legal in Alberta.
The tail lights he said something about 150 but not sure if he meant feet or metres, you can see red. And how does he have proof he never measure it.
I agree with you.
The exhaust wasn't about the sound, it was the size of the exhaust tip I think. And I didn't know about that one either. Ticket says "exhaust outlet widened". I never widened it or put an exhaust tip or anything.
I'm guessing this guy transferred from Ontario recently.

In Ontario they have a law that which goes something along the lines of either the tip cannot be larger than the exhaust pipe, or the tip cannot be x% larger than the exhaust pipe;
but we have no laws like this.

You do realize that the Calgary Police DO have a quota system right?
iirc the Chief admitted to it a couple years ago.
The system they have is that if Cops do not write a predetermined number of tickets, they are not eligible for raises (or something to that effect);
I believe that writing above the "suggested" number of tickets has perks too...

Please do yourself the favor of listening to both Mark & myself.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:17 AM

dont forget graham and kris.... lol fight the power!!!!!!!!!!! lol give it to the man!!!!!!!!! lol
Old 10-14-2010, 11:37 AM

K... haven't been on to comment but spent some time readin up here... I have to agree that you got all those tickets just for his quota, total bs, i'd fight it, but have no experience in it... One thing i've heard is the exhaust exit cannot be larger than the inlet, but that has nothing to do with your tip...
Kris, checked out your lights, they look pretty good
Superman, post up a pic... wanna see those lights!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:36 PM

I felt like starting another new thread just now.

One I am going to need group participation on...

LINK - I believe I have already compiled all the 2008/2009 coupe information, but have virtually nothing on the SS/SC or SS/2.4 cars...

Please email me if you have a car that I could use a vin on... I'm not going to pressure anyone, so this is completely voluntary.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Tickets are getting out of control in calgary. I would really like to see one of these new mayors step up to the plate on getting these revoked or at least downsized.

I think Cheif Rick Hanson is a complete douch bag, actually the whole calgary police force are. They are in recent years started a "Coup de ta" and have told the other mayors of the past that if they did not support the wishes of the police force then "they" would simply not vote for them, and make sure that they tell you not to vote for them (and that is a significat number of votes, considering not even 20% of calgarys population goes to the voting booths on election day) to say that you are going to loose 2000 plus votes is not something the average politation wants on his shoulders!

Why do you think that the police force is not supportive of Nensi (or however you spell it) because he does not agree with some of the outragous spending, and wants to revamp some of the money flow, and the police thing that there "bonus's" and budget will get limited.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:10 PM

the police do tickets as a cash cow.

I used to respect cops, but for the most part, they're excess tax collectors these days - and nothing else.

I hate red light/speed camera's.

Regarding red light camera's intersections with them have proven to have had an increase in rear enders - something the CPS washes over...
Regarding speed cameras, if police have a presence, drivers slow down, but if they hide in the shadows and spit out fifty tickets (with no demerits resulting), driver's habbit's do not change.

Why else would they walk around the Tim Horton's parking lot on Saturday night, citing tickets for what I'd wager was often nothing... because the cars are there for the pickings, and it fills their quota.

I'm glad to hear that someone thinks things need to be shook up a bit, but IMHO, one good reason to support a candidate, are outweighed by a dozen reasons to support another.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:34 PM

Ya i can't imagine anyone here saying they like tickets... or cops in that matter.. I respect them when they are doin their job but when they just roll around and hand out tickets for nothing is retarded. It's stuff like that, that gives cops a bad rep and name. Myself, i haven't had any problems with cops, but then again i don't have tint or anything really so all they can do is get me speeding or camera tickets, which those red light/intersection cameras are the biggest bs around... As if they need any more cash from tickets...

So speaking of tint, wheres a good place to go get tint? wanna get it done after the winter... I know mark does vinyl, does he also do tint on windows?

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread