Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
i wanna thank saskdeltas for coming over.. it is always nice to meet the boys from sask.... your always welcome to come over when your in town... as for this meet thing i am sure me and jonathan agree on one thing... that is we both like to see more of a turn out in the future... we all have lives and personal issue that dont allow us to make it to every meet... however i know that it is possible for better turnouts... thats all we are really saying... as for going on road trips, this group in the past has shown to me that not only are they game but we also have a blast doing it.... me and saskdelta were talking about the subject of meeting in med hat once a month or even two months... he feels like i do that not only will the s ab crowd will go but so will some of the sask boys too... we also had a quick conversation about a wccm 2011 and i know we both agree that it is something that i think we all missed this year.... the whole disaster of wccm 2010 was a bad thing for this area and site... lets face it anyways the original meet was nothing but ab and sask and it was a great meet... we thought that both med hat and saskatoon were excellent choices... and lets make it a weekend deal too... so there is more then racing to do.... like get drunk and fishing!!!! lol i really think that this area is capable of having a very strong group... with the vets like steve, tjay, pickles.... to the new guys like justin, crazynewf, and supermanbalt.... all people in between we can have strong showings again.... lets just say this was a bad year... this is my 2 cents if you dont like too ******* bad lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha

i kid, i kid!!!!

btw jonathan i cant leave a mess on facebook due to i have no fb acct... however i would go, as for racing only if my dp is on the car and running lol....
well i am bit set up better for movies, i am down for bowling and cruises... a trip to the hat or edm would be cool... but so would banff and jasper... even radium, hotsprings and go karts.... lets also remember i know people in tunnel mountain resort... maybe i can see if we can get a deal.... camping is also a good time.... saskatoon would be a good weekend... i know we probally have another diner sometime in the future... just for css.net members... i think maybe if people have some ideas just let everyone one know.... never know what we will think or say.... i also think we should have a meet at least once a month even during winter... maybe we should consider a christmas party or something... or even new years...
ok where do i start.... kris if mine shows up by friday i am down for a install night again, tjay love the idea of bbq and fires, also wouldnt mind checking out this build you have... sask delta, no worries buddy anytime it was a good time... superman, if you want help to dry fit and final install of that body kit i will help you... same goes for crazynewf.... justin, i actually think you may have a good idea... lets not throw this one out jonathan.... see i know nick would allow us to host a car show here at the shop area, if we wanted.... then we could do as like the rest of the clubs and all proceeds go to charity... i also know a band who would donate thier time for charity too... so with some planning we could do a charity event... it could put us as cobalt owners, more respected in the community... i also have special interests in this idea coz of my son and the lack of funding in the world to his problems... if anyone doesnt know my son is autistic, and i believe it is a worth while charity to be donating too... it is something i have been debating about for a long time now... and finally graham hahahah buddy... with the conversations you have had with me lately i am surprised you would send out a body kit job to someone else????? wtf!!!!! lol

on a side note i installed a dual air intake system on a crossfire yesterday... that was a cool job... today will be fog lights... this crossfire is quickly becoming one of my fav.. crossfires i have ever seen!!!!!!
Jesus man, you gotta start using some spaces or something. I can barely read most of your posts. Turns into a full time job to sit down and go through one.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:04 PM

hahahaha^^^^ hahahaa thx buddy!!!! you know i am thinking about you when i do this....

ok kris, i will let you know if mine comes by then....
Old 10-27-2010, 06:21 PM

Sorry deleted last message, just realized what went wrong. Improper install, overtightening one side causing the other side to go crooked. Definitely need more than one person to put and line up a kit properly.
Old 10-27-2010, 08:11 PM
Banned

Okay I fixed my sig
Old 10-27-2010, 08:28 PM

i am starting to wonder about you graham.... you went from accidents run in the family to donkey punch to a teddy bear.... by any chance are you gay???? lol
Old 10-27-2010, 08:49 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lol, i remember when the pedo bear made it to the vancouver winter games. That was priceless reading the paper that morning.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:21 PM
Banned

I dont even like Pedo bear but I think its hilarious how the whole world seems to be paranoid about a bear lol
Old 10-27-2010, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by supermanbalt
Nice man, did you install it yourself (is it pretty tough to install) or did you take it to the shop and get it professionally done (and how much did it cost, jw). I haven't decided if I should put them on or wait until next spring. I don't feel like snow plowing anything with my car lol.
I work at Kal Tire in Airdrie so I did it all myself, it's not that hard to do, can actually be done in your driveway but I recommend a hoist at a shop honestly. My car isn't that low that it's going to plow snow all the time, it's still higher than my buddies Integra and he's not plowing snow, maybe with the bodykit you might though i'm not sure
Old 10-27-2010, 09:34 PM
Banned

Nice man, did you install it yourself (is it pretty tough to install) or did you take it to the shop and get it professionally done (and how much did it cost, jw). I haven't decided if I should put them on or wait until next spring. I don't feel like snow plowing anything with my car lol.
i recommend waiting until the spring. The rears are easy and take about 15mins per side. The fronts require a spring compressor that you can rent from a shop for cheap. Each side on the fronts are about 30mins...give or take.
Old 10-27-2010, 10:03 PM

Question

i am starting to wonder about you graham.... you went from accidents run in the family to donkey punch to a teddy bear.... by any chance are you gay???? lol
If Graham were gay, I'd know fur sure by now. Hahaha!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:51 PM
Banned

Hahahahhaha lmfao
Old 10-28-2010, 12:04 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
hey guys,

this is the only calgary car related forum I'm a part of (as if you didn't already know);

can you please pass this message along to aynoe who was thinking of going - I just recieved it;

Due to Mayor Nenshi's unavailability and inclement weather, Friday October 29th's Secret Street event is cancelled.

We thank you for the support you promised for this event and hope we can do this event in early May 2011. Have a safe winter, and thanks for your support in 2010.

Motorsport Council of Calgary
Old 10-28-2010, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Snakes709
i recommend waiting until the spring. The rears are easy and take about 15mins per side. The fronts require a spring compressor that you can rent from a shop for cheap. Each side on the fronts are about 30mins...give or take.
I saw somewhere a way to do the fronts without a spring compressor, i'll see if I can find it and post it, just gotta remember where it was.....
Old 10-28-2010, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyNewf
I saw somewhere a way to do the fronts without a spring compressor, i'll see if I can find it and post it, just gotta remember where it was.....
if there is a way, it is completely unsafe to do this and could seriously hurt yourself or others by doing this. the spring needs to be locked when its compressed so it doesn't come loose and fly somewhere.

also any autovalue rents them out basically for free, should be first day free all you pay is a deposit which you get back when you return the tool.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Snakes709
15 mins on the rear each really its that easy

Originally Posted by outtamymind
if there is a way, it is completely unsafe to do this and could seriously hurt yourself or others by doing this. the spring needs to be locked when its compressed so it doesn't come loose and fly somewhere.

also any autovalue rents them out basically for free, should be first day free all you pay is a deposit which you get back when you return the tool.
good to know man, will be renting a spring compressor at Autovalue. Yah I'm not gonna try the other way especially when you can rent the tool for free.

Last edited by supermanbalt; 10-28-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-28-2010, 12:38 AM

please listen to steve;

Originally Posted by outtamymind

I have heard of someone dying from it...

there's ALOT of pressure holding those springs in place... you can zip them apart, but then they literally shoot apart...
Old 10-28-2010, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by CrazyNewf
I work at Kal Tire in Airdrie so I did it all myself, it's not that hard to do, can actually be done in your driveway but I recommend a hoist at a shop honestly. My car isn't that low that it's going to plow snow all the time, it's still higher than my buddies Integra and he's not plowing snow, maybe with the bodykit you might though i'm not sure
Yah I wish I can put them on myself. I dont want the spring to fly away and hit me. If there not that low maybe should just install them this weeekend. Hate waiting until spring when there just sittlng here at home. CrazyNewf you should come help me install them since you put the same springs on your car. Or should I just wait until spring like everbody is saying since its getting really cold outside and its almost winter.

Last edited by supermanbalt; 10-28-2010 at 12:47 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:46 AM

15 mins on the rear each really its that easy

good to know man, will be renting a spring compressor at Autovalue. Yah I'm not gonna try the other way especially when you can rent the tool for free.
ya the rear's are super easy to do. just jack up the rear, remove wheels, unbolt top bolt of rear shock, push down on axle and out slides the spring. install is in the reverse. and ya, you see people doing stupid things on their cars all the time and getting injured and all it would have takin is a bit of time to rent the tool.

and autovalue you can pay the deposit any way you like as we don't require a credit card, you do have to have a valid drivers license though as that is how we track ya down if you don't return it for whatever reason.

your telling me about waiting for springs. i got a set of brand new tenzo R gfw's that have been sitting in my closet since june hahaha. paid $100 for them
Old 10-28-2010, 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
please listen to steve;

I have heard of someone dying from it...

there's ALOT of pressure holding those springs in place... you can zip them apart, but then they literally shoot apart...
Yah thats what I was afraid off. Especially when I never installed springs before. If someone has done them before then its okay because they have the experience.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by 7U5T1N
If Graham were gay, I'd know fur sure by now. Hahaha!
trust me he is gay!!!! lol he is just waiting to make his move on YOU!!!!!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:12 AM

lol..or playing hard to get... lol
eeeew.... I didn't see anyone going there!?

Old 10-28-2010, 01:21 AM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
eeeew.... I didn't see anyone going there!?

As you can see I deleted the comment, don't want people getting offended now. Joking a side some people might not find it too funny. There's some people you can joke around with and there some you can't. But maybe I don't know you guys long enough.
Old 10-28-2010, 02:20 AM

Exclamation

I can take a joke, and I'm pretty easy going. I'm hard to offend, when I know that whatever comment is being made, is made in good fun. Hopefully Graham is the same way hehe. With that said, you can't rape the willing... Graham. So make your move!

LMAO

Btw, I don't normally make comments like these without being comfortable within a group. So take that as a compliment guys.

`J
Old 10-28-2010, 03:09 AM

is this one of those moments im glad im not in calgary... and when i am im in a locked semi :P
Old 10-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Banned

Oh How I wish I was locked in a semi to right now. but ill just hide under my bed. As for the am I pissed you are trying to call me gay, maybe a little but I can take a joke.

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread