Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2011, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mobile 1...... i am guessing its you steve.....
Old 01-18-2011, 09:20 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thats hilarious that they *'ed out storage hahaha
Old 01-20-2011, 11:51 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
I think that the guys running this site should officially turn off the censor - it is totally screwed, it seems to often be random.. ???

huh... two days and no posts... what's going on guys?

So I received my OTTP order yesterday! ~ it only took 2 months + 8 days!!
(ordered & paid for on November 11th)

I was offered a discount on my "next order" but I don't think I'm buying from them again - I mean it's not a knock about their parts, but twice they screwed up, and twice they did nothing about it until I posted in this forum... and then to top it off, I can see I was overcharged to the tune of $10 on shipping.
At the end of the day I got what I paid for, and for that I am happy, but overall, I'd say this wasn't my most pleasurable online purchase.

So what's going on with everyone?!

Where's everyone hiding these days??

Anyone interested in meeting up (lets say saturday) over pizza/drinks??
(I think sunday was mentioned on the delta forum, but there's pretty much no activity there)
Old 01-20-2011, 01:28 PM

Wanna order me some parts with that discount? .

I'm just going to clean my throttle body today (Idle bounce ftl and until I see someoe with HPTuners this is the best I can do), then stay indoors due to wind haha.

Joel
Old 01-20-2011, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by CanadianCobalt
Wanna order me some parts with that discount? .

I'm just going to clean my throttle body today (Idle bounce ftl and until I see someoe with HPTuners this is the best I can do), then stay indoors due to wind haha.

Joel
If you want - sure...
What you thinking of getting?

You ok with possibly having to chase them down, and only get the parts two months down the road?

Wait a second - You're not trying to tell me that Lethbridge gets windy are you!!?!
Old 01-20-2011, 09:08 PM

I think I'd be able to meet up saturday... Wouldnt mind pizza and beer
Old 01-20-2011, 09:25 PM

How much you guys think a shop would charge to install springs?
Old 01-20-2011, 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by kasper_17
I think I'd be able to meet up saturday... Wouldnt mind pizza and beer
I'm, totally flexible on the day...
but am getting a little stir crazy...
been plying "broke" mode for a spell ~ which means not spending money to pay off bills...
and you can only go walk around the mall (ect) so many times

Originally Posted by Acey
How much you guys think a shop would charge to install springs?
if I get around to fixing my garage door, you could swing by here, and we could do the install - screw shops

ok, so you were looking for an answer...

I'd wager that you'ld be looking at a couple hours, and iirc median shop rate is 100~120 per hour... plus shop supplies, plus tax.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:05 PM

actually... I just got an email ~ apparently I have something scheduled for saturday that I forgot about;

what does anyone think about friday or sunday??
Old 01-20-2011, 11:29 PM

Well, my idle bounce is still there, so it wasn't the throttle body. Albiet is better.

Is there a big Calgary meet during the warmer months up there? I'd totally be down for that.

Argh, I might end up getting HPtuners and dealing with it haha. Also I sent you a PM soundjunky.

Joel
Old 01-21-2011, 12:50 AM

Well, my idle bounce is still there, so it wasn't the throttle body. Albiet is better. ... Argh, I might end up getting HPtuners and dealing with it haha.
who tuned it? ~ it sounds like something's off to me.

Is there a big Calgary meet during the warmer months up there? I'd totally be down for that.
ALthough I have only been in this 'scene' for the past year (bough my SS on Feb 19, 2010), but it seems to me that Mark (Jrmoto), and myself are the ones most often trying to get a bunch of us together.

I showed up to this scene, a bit late ~ but for the years prior to getting my SS, it seemed to me, that the Cobalt crowd looked down on me, I felt to be percieved as just some chump with a 20 year old Grand Am owner;
Even in the year leading up to my purchase I still got some static from a couple local Cobalt guys...

Ok, sorry about the tangent there, but I had an objective by typing that;
I've been sensing a bit of a shift from younger guys with disposable income, to guys, who are mostly now buying these as used cars.

I'm hoping that things will be on the upswing, and local Cobalt/ecotec/GM-4cylinder owners start making more of a presence...

Last year, four of us went to a great car show at a south Calgary church (LINK) ~ I'll probably go again (what would really be great is if a enough of us came out to take up a whole row!!).
Also a couple times a bunch of us met up at race city...
Every time we go some where, we find other like minded people...
Mark was trying to see if some of us would be willing to do a cruise to/through the mountains this coming spring/summer...

Also I sent you a PM soundjunky.
If you did, I think something screwed up - maybe you sent it to someone else?
(because received nothing)

Last edited by soundjunky; 01-21-2011 at 01:03 AM.
Old 01-21-2011, 01:14 AM

Not sure, I just don't think it sent. I tried again.

How old are you guys now? 20's?

I've never had a car in a show before, that'd be a lot of fun. If we could get the guys from Lethbridge to go up (Acey, TheDude and not sure who else) along with some Calgary guys we probably could fill a row . I'd be down for a long cruise too, it's nice to have a vehicle with a following (As much as I loved my Isuzu Rodeo, they wern't common as cobalts haha).

Joel
Old 01-21-2011, 01:48 AM

I think that Mark and myself are the old farts of the group ~ we're 30's, the rest of the guys are 20's.

you??
Old 01-21-2011, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
I think that Mark and myself are the old farts of the group ~ we're 30's, the rest of the guys are 20's.

you??
hahahahahahaha, watch who you call old!!!!!! still young enough to bust a nut!!!!!! lol. i am down for meeting up anytime..... car shows, pizza, even just timmies is fine...... or we can set up a meet at my house.... it doesnt matter..... winter is always slow for meets.... summer is usually better..... i do several car shows during the year.... and actually i am very interested i having our own show.... as in balt owners/ my sign shop..... i also want to promote mr detail's shows more.... love to see a huge turn out there.....

on a side note i am very interested in having a cruise this year in the mountains..... pic opp. !!!!!!! i want as many cars as possible.... for better shots.... as a matter of fact i will start thread in both forums ok!!!!!!!!!! lets get this going.....

on another side note...... maybe if you come up when i do my springs then we can do them at the same time........
Old 01-21-2011, 12:37 PM

Hello!!! Well it has been a long time since I posted here last! Just wanted to see how everyone is doing and what is new and exciting!

PLUS....I am looking to buy a set of OEM 18's for my wife's Cobalt. So if anyone has any they are looking to part ways with...PM me!

I sure do miss my car, but now the wife has a Cobalt LT for me to toy around with. As long as she approves of the mod! LOL
Old 01-21-2011, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
hahahahahahaha, watch who you call old!!!!!! still young enough to bust a nut!!!!!! lol.
- iirc you only have a couple years on me...

i am down for meeting up anytime..... car shows, pizza, even just timmies is fine...... or we can set up a meet at my house.... it doesnt matter..... winter is always slow for meets.... summer is usually better..... i do several car shows during the year.... and actually i am very interested i having our own show.... as in balt owners/ my sign shop..... i also want to promote mr detail's shows more.... love to see a huge turn out there.....
I believe I was out of town, or had something else going on for the mr detail show last year...

the problem with his show is (boiled down to it's simplest point) the size of the parking lot.

I actually wish more car shows would be held on saturdays, because 99% of the time they're a sunday morning - and that means I have to skip church (which I'm not really for - and if I'm scheduled to volunteer, I simply will not do)...

on a side note i am very interested in having a cruise this year in the mountains..... pic opp. !!!!!!! i want as many cars as possible.... for better shots.... as a matter of fact i will start thread in both forums ok!!!!!!!!!! lets get this going.....
Count me signed up.

I haven't figured out what I'm doing (as in when/where) for holidays this year, so far I know I'll be in California (probably drive down) for part of september (step-sister getting maried... and well, it's an excuse to be in so-cal )

on another side note...... maybe if you come up when i do my springs then we can do them at the same time........
Even though you have weekend access to a nicer (read: bigger/cleaner) shop, we can use my garage (I have most every tool we would probably need for any kind of job.
... the only problem is that right now I have a white turd sitting on one side ~ but if/when I get it running I'll kick it out into the backyard.

I still have the GA in the air, but should have the exhaust (finally) done come spring...

I normally only have one car being worked on in my garage at any time, but more often than not, all my cars are in running condition, and can be moved in short notice.

Originally Posted by DoubleLP
....I am looking to buy a set of OEM 18's for my wife's Cobalt. So if anyone has any they are looking to part ways with...PM me!

I sure do miss my car, but now the wife has a Cobalt LT for me to toy around with. As long as she approves of the mod! LOL
I saw some SS/SC rims (painted black) in the Edmonton area for a smoking deal a couple weeks ago ~ odds are they're still listed;
keep tabs on Kijiji.

So should I assume that no one is game for meeting up Friday night?

(that's tonight btw)

What about sunday night?

if anyone wants to call me: two five five, three five eight two
Old 01-21-2011, 02:27 PM

mmmmmm, i should see what ella wants to do we should hook up tonight for sure....
Old 01-21-2011, 02:39 PM

you??
Just 19 as of December.

Also, I forgot to answer your question about the tune. I have a ZZP Canned one, I'm going to be getting properly tuned in April or May hopefully, I can't find anyone to play with my idle trims around here so I'll probably just have to deal with the bounce till then.

Joel
Old 01-21-2011, 03:28 PM

Just 19 as of December.

Also, I forgot to answer your question about the tune. I have a ZZP Canned one, I'm going to be getting properly tuned in April or May hopefully, I can't find anyone to play with my idle trims around here so I'll probably just have to deal with the bounce till then.

Joel
I'd contact ZZP before touching the tune then - isn't their "canned tune" one where you get an ECM in the mail?

Also you could post up in the ZZP (vendor)sub-forum.... I would.

mmmmmm, i should see what ella wants to do we should hook up tonight for sure....
I'm game for pretty much anything
Old 01-21-2011, 03:53 PM

I'd contact ZZP before touching the tune then - isn't their "canned tune" one where you get an ECM in the mail?

Also you could post up in the ZZP (vendor)sub-forum.... I would.

I'm game for pretty much anything
well i will call you soon as i get home.... your home by530?
Old 01-21-2011, 04:20 PM

well i will call you soon as i get home.... your home by530?
I should be.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:23 PM

^^^^^^ done ^^^^^^
Old 01-21-2011, 04:29 PM

Done in an hour and a half! haha too bad i have to work again tomorrow
Old 01-21-2011, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by kasper_17
Done in an hour and a half! haha too bad i have to work again tomorrow
wanna join us? tonight?