Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 11:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can actually turn without sliding sideways half the time.

Originally Posted by CanadianCobalt
Sway bar endlinks, common problem on the car. Looks good though, needs a cleaning haha.
I got it from the dealer, went and sprayed all the crap off of it, took kind of a long way home that had some corners, and that is the end result. Keeping the car clean is hopeless considering how much dirt they have dumped on the roads.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Acey
I got it from the dealer, went and sprayed all the crap off of it, took kind of a long way home that had some corners, and that is the end result. Keeping the car clean is hopeless considering how much dirt they have dumped on the roads.
Haha, I agree. I've found Orange doesn't really show up the light wet style dirt at all really. I drove from Lethbridge to Edmonton and back in snowy/wet conditions and from five feet away it still looked clean. Got her cleaned up today though.

Can't wait for street sweeper season, earlier in the winter going down the highway a sand truck turned its sand on as I was going past him! Free sandblasting for me....

Joel
Old 03-28-2011, 11:17 PM

Is it nice enough down there for summer tires yet? Can't wait to see the new 18s with the lips on.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by thedude411
Is it nice enough down there for summer tires yet? Can't wait to see the new 18s with the lips on.
It's been up and down, snowing yesterday, 7 degrees and dry roads today.

Regardless, my summers are going on in the first week of April hopefully. I'm going to order my new tires Friday. I can't stand these steelies much longer, out of the time I've owned my car I've gotten to have the 18's on for like 2 weeks .

Can't wait to see Acey's 18's. Those wheels are sick.

Joel
Old 03-28-2011, 11:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
who has 11,000 songs on his ipod. i do mwhahahahahahahaha
Old 03-29-2011, 12:09 AM

The 18" tires could go on and I'd be fine even it snows more since they're all-seasons. But I want to try to keep those rims as flawless as possible, and with all the dirt and rocks on the roads, I'd like to subject as much of it as possible to the 17", and also to get more into the habit of looking out for potholes since I'm lower. I'd hate to put those rims on now and destroy one within a week.

I'm excited.

Minus the laser blue and possibly the high rise... which I have but still haven't decided if I'm putting on or not.

Last edited by Acey; 03-29-2011 at 12:23 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:37 AM

Go to general forum i posted everything you need to know about laser and radar and cops.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:45 AM
Banned

lol cops are all different no matter where you go
Old 03-29-2011, 09:54 AM
Banned

Sounds good. Right now it's a 2 finger gap in the back and 3 in the front... so if the back stays pretty much where it is and the front comes down a lil bit I'd be happy.
Bring around a team of sumo's!!

Problem solved
Old 03-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Residental Bish.

Originally Posted by Achilles
Bring around a team of sumo's!!

Problem solved
Try that with your gap. Let us know how it works out
Old 03-29-2011, 11:14 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by CanadianCobalt
Can't wait for street sweeper season, earlier in the winter going down the highway a sand truck turned its sand on as I was going past him! Free sandblasting for me....

Joel
you haven't had a sandblasting...

I've had a sand blasting...

It was the weekend of the swap meet down there, on my drive back to Calgary, right around the time I saw a grain silo blown across both the north and south bound sides of the #2;
The wind would occasionally whip up, and you could hear the car getting pelted...
I was in a car wash that night (near home) and was shocked to see how many little spots the paint had been literally blasted off...
I'm pretty particular about keeping my car clean so I know this was not an issue of me just not noticing that the paint sucks (which it does btw), but rather on the drivers side (I was driving north, the wind was coming from the west), particularly around the front drivers corner, I now have ALOT of touch up paint hiding the white spots (taken down to primer)...
Hopefully I'll be able to fix it up better, and buff it out come spring.

BTW, before any of this happened, I pointed out to my brother that the roof mounted stubby antenna on the focus(?) infront of us was pointed perpendicular to our direction of travel...
We were traveling at aprox 110kph, but the wind was strong enough to completely overpower the directional force exerted onto the antenna to make it act like the car was standing still...
I had heard later that night that there were reported wind gusts of up to 100kph... well I can say for certain, I drove through stronger winds than that.

just saying...

Last edited by soundjunky; 03-29-2011 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Baltbitch
that's the new subaru commercial. Can't steal that idea! lol
Old 03-29-2011, 11:18 AM
Residental Bish.

Originally Posted by Sylver01
Well I'd offer but according to him I need to eat
Old 03-29-2011, 11:22 AM
Banned

well just bring DTF, she will make it a low rider! lol
Old 03-29-2011, 11:23 AM
Residental Bish.

Haven't talked to her in weeks man. Hahaha! Catch up!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Baltbitch

jon i thought you had to work?

Last edited by outtamymind; 03-29-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-29-2011, 11:33 AM

Davis has had my car for 5 hours to unlock the radio... process takes about 1 min. Grr.
Hey man, your car was at Davis for 5 hours because you got lowering springs installed, alignment, oil change and unlock the radio. You were charged 0.5hr to unlock the radio. You also got a deal on spring install. I'm not sure what the problem is?
Old 03-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Banned

Doin books and waiting for the 40 tonne crane to move a 750 bbl tank into place then move the 400 bbl back
Old 03-29-2011, 11:38 AM
Residental Bish.

Doin books and waiting for the 40 tonne crane to move a 750 bbl tank into place then move the 400 bbl back
This means

"I am"
Old 03-29-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Afterwind
Hey man, your car was at Davis for 5 hours because you got lowering springs installed, alignment, oil change and unlock the radio. You were charged 0.5hr to unlock the radio. You also got a deal on spring install. I'm not sure what the problem is?
hmmm...

Not that I have any issue with anyone posting up to keep someone in check with reality.
Even if he was only booked in for a radio unlock, I've generally understood that it's first come, first serve - so if the car cannot be gotten to for five hours, that's just the way the cookie crumbles...

...but, who pray-tell would you be?

Do you have a Cobalt SS?

EDIT: wow!? - you last posted in October 2008!?!?
Old 03-29-2011, 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
hmmm...

Not that I have any issue with anyone posting up to keep someone in check with reality.
Even if he was only booked in for a radio unlock, I've generally understood that it's first come, first serve - so if the car cannot be gotten to for five hours, that's just the way the cookie crumbles...

...but, who pray-tell would you be?

Do you have a Cobalt SS?

EDIT: wow!? - you last posted in October 2008!?!?
I used to own a Cobalt - up until around the last time I posted. But I work at Davis and saw the vehicle in the shop yesterday. I'm just trying to clear things up!
Old 03-29-2011, 12:33 PM

I used to own a Cobalt - up until around the last time I posted. But I work at Davis and saw the vehicle in the shop yesterday. I'm just trying to clear things up!
cool...

I don't think anyone took anythign Acey posted as a slam, iirc it was suggested that Davis is the best GM dealer to deal with in Lethbridge

BTW, I too have a Davis car... iirc I was told that a year or so before I went in person to ask the old paperwork would have been thrown out... but here's my own Davis car (originally bought by a Lethbridge Judge for his wife);

as my brother bought it in 1997:

pretty much what it looks like now;

I last drove it down to the 2009 Street Wheelers, but it's in need of another freshening up... this time a better job than the last one I did, complete with re-sewn original cloth interior...
Old 03-29-2011, 12:46 PM
Residental Bish.

Bahaha! So I'm working on my essay and was looking for stuff on "pit babes" AKA that chick that gave you the lanyard I broke. I found this...

Some companies take an ironic approach. Subaru has produced a series of commercials where male sumo wrestlers take the place of attractive women. For many years, Mini Canada presented its cars with no models on the podium at all, a decision that was partly based on its demographics – about half of all Mini buyers are women. But when it presented its new Beachcomber concept car last year, it used both male and female models, and the male models wore shark masks. When it launched the Countryman model, the models wore ski outfits.
Old 03-29-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
you haven't had a sandblasting...

I've had a sand blasting...

It was the weekend of the swap meet down there, on my drive back to Calgary, right around the time I saw a grain silo blown across both the north and south bound sides of the #2;
The wind would occasionally whip up, and you could hear the car getting pelted...
I was in a car wash that night (near home) and was shocked to see how many little spots the paint had been literally blasted off...
I'm pretty particular about keeping my car clean so I know this was not an issue of me just not noticing that the paint sucks (which it does btw), but rather on the drivers side (I was driving north, the wind was coming from the west), particularly around the front drivers corner, I now have ALOT of touch up paint hiding the white spots (taken down to primer)...
Hopefully I'll be able to fix it up better, and buff it out come spring.

BTW, before any of this happened, I pointed out to my brother that the roof mounted stubby antenna on the focus(?) infront of us was pointed perpendicular to our direction of travel...
We were traveling at aprox 110kph, but the wind was strong enough to completely overpower the directional force exerted onto the antenna to make it act like the car was standing still...
I had heard later that night that there were reported wind gusts of up to 100kph... well I can say for certain, I drove through stronger winds than that.

just saying...
I drove to Calgary and back that day too, I remember when you posted about it.

Thankfully my car was tucked safely and my Garage and I had my parents buick .

Joel
Old 03-29-2011, 02:23 PM

Im pretty sure what he said wasnt a slam to the dealership as posted above...

it sounded more like he was excited and was peeing his pants to get to drive it again, im sure he had no idea all of that was being done as well??

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread