Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pics or it didn't happen! Lol or her number!
Old 06-23-2011, 08:20 PM

I did have my phone in my hand but it's weird to take pictures of people when they look at you.

Also took a red '05 LSJ for a spin today that was at National Auto. 119k, $8,900. They offered me $4,400 for my car if I were to swap my rims onto that car, or $4,900 with the rims. Umm.... no.

Car was stock except for an Injen CAI. God damn that SC sounds soooo good, I dunno how you guys aren't constantly in boost.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Acey
I did have my phone in my hand but it's weird to take pictures of people when they look at you.

Also took a red '05 LSJ for a spin today that was at National Auto. 119k, $8,900. They offered me $4,400 for my car if I were to swap my rims onto that car, or $4,900 with the rims. Umm.... no.

Car was stock except for an Injen CAI. God damn that SC sounds soooo good, I dunno how you guys aren't constantly in boost.
That car... haha. It's Marie Arnaldousen (sp?) old car. They've sold it and got it back again. I looked at it when I was looking for my car, it's not G85 so it was a dealbreaker for me. They wanted 13k for it with 99k too.

Joel
Old 06-23-2011, 09:20 PM

My car is basically sold. HILARIOUS. Girl comes with her boyfriend to drive it. All like yeah yeah I know how to drive stick I'll be fine. Stalled SEVEN TIMES leaving the Boston Pizza lot. She's hot, too... just whistles, cheers and honks all around. I'm laughing my ass off in the backseat while her boyfriend is trying to 'reassure' her.

She claimed to have driven stick lots before so I didn't think I needed to remind her to make sure she was in 1st and not 3rd... but through my laughter I figured it out after the 6th stall and told her to put it in first. She was alright after that. $8,500 and I've decided to part with my wheels. Joel, there's a dude with a wingless orange LS near my house so hopefully he'll trade with me...

Goodbye LE5 hello booooost!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:29 PM

My car is basically sold. HILARIOUS. Girl comes with her boyfriend to drive it. All like yeah yeah I know how to drive stick I'll be fine. Stalled SEVEN TIMES leaving the Boston Pizza lot. She's hot, too... just whistles, cheers and honks all around. I'm laughing my ass off in the backseat while her boyfriend is trying to 'reassure' her.

She claimed to have driven stick lots before so I didn't think I needed to remind her to make sure she was in 1st and not 3rd... but through my laughter I figured it out after the 6th stall and told her to put it in first. She was alright after that. $8,500 and I've decided to part with my wheels. Joel, there's a dude with a wingless orange LS near my house so hopefully he'll trade with me...

Goodbye LE5 hello booooost!
Orange is pretty in your face with our without the wing . As for the third gear thing, I did that once in my friends Jeep. It was super embarrassing haha. Remember if you trade someone trunks you need to debadge/rebadge everything.

I'm actually starting to feel sad that I'm going to let her go . At least I know it's going to someone who will love her like I do .

Joel
Old 06-23-2011, 09:32 PM

Yeah. She didn't seem remotely interested in putting premium in it, or ever going WOT for that matter... just a car with better mileage for Edmonton trips than her truck. Does want my fancy wheels and had no interest in me swapping the low rise back on. Stylin.

I haven't yet fully decided on the spoiler situation. Still have my eye on the Tjin thread.... but as good as that looks it's probably not going to be worth the cost. I'll probably just end up finding a sunburst low rise from somewhere on throw that on. Don't really want the high rise anymore.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2 new issues with my car now.

tranny is feeling weird. 1st, 3rd, and 5th feel like im pushing the stick through sludge, while 2nd, 4th, and reverse snap into gear like they should.

and now my passenger side washer fluid dispenser thingy isnt working. there is a couple of drops coming out of it.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple
2 new issues with my car now.

tranny is feeling weird. 1st, 3rd, and 5th feel like im pushing the stick through sludge, while 2nd, 4th, and reverse snap into gear like they should.

and now my passenger side washer fluid dispenser thingy isnt working. there is a couple of drops coming out of it.
Do they pop out of gear at all or grind going in? Difficult to get in? or just seem heavy?

You may have plugged the passenger one.

Yeah. She didn't seem remotely interested in putting premium in it, or ever going WOT for that matter... just a car with better mileage for Edmonton trips than her truck. Does want my fancy wheels and had no interest in me swapping the low rise back on. Stylin.

I haven't yet fully decided on the spoiler situation. Still have my eye on the Tjin thread.... but as good as that looks it's probably not going to be worth the cost. I'll probably just end up finding a sunburst low rise from somewhere on throw that on. Don't really want the high rise anymore.
Sounds like my GF. Drives her parents V8 Jeep, loves the shiny wheels and how it looks pretty but wouldn't give two ***** if it had a 4cyl instead.. Kills me haha.

Joel
Old 06-23-2011, 09:44 PM

I don't mind her never going WOT... reduces the chances of her pounding on my door wondering why her LE5 spontaneously combusted into a trillion pieces.

You know if that red car had any mods besides the Injen? New clutch in it apparently, grabby as hell and a pain in the ass. Didn't really impress me going WOT in 2nd merging onto Crowsnest.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:47 PM

its heavy going in, but once its in its fine. drives like normal
Old 06-23-2011, 09:51 PM

I don't mind her never going WOT... reduces the chances of her pounding on my door wondering why her LE5 spontaneously combusted into a trillion pieces.

You know if that red car had any mods besides the Injen? New clutch in it apparently, grabby as hell and a pain in the ass. Didn't really impress me going WOT in 2nd merging onto Crowsnest.
It was stock besides Injen when she had it, stock when National had it. Clutch seemed stock. I bet somebody bought it, bagged it for those 20k, blew the clutch and sold it back to them haha.

I wouldn't be impressed going to a stock SS/SC either after driving mine/any modded one really haha, you should have driven that one first to see the difference.

Joel
Old 06-23-2011, 09:53 PM

its heavy going in, but once its in its fine. drives like normal
If it isn't grinding, popping, or hitting a wall I doubt it's syncros then. Since it's all the top gears I'd take a stab at checking out the shifter cables and see if it is binding while going into them, I don't know if the roll pin could cause it if it cracked and was binding too. How "firm" does your shifter feel in gear?

Joel
Old 06-23-2011, 10:02 PM

like play wise? i can move it side to side quite a ways. more than the bottom gears.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:02 PM
Banned

is acey buying your car joel or what is happening?? im really confused if he is why he is test driving other cars
Old 06-23-2011, 11:26 PM

Originally Posted by bluecobalt99
is acey buying your car joel or what is happening?? im really confused if he is why he is test driving other cars
Yeah I'm buying Joel's car... just out of curiosity I drove that one today cause I'd driven Joel's a few weeks ago and kinda wanted to compare to stock; the guy kinda threw out some numbers for me on a trade in, I obviously wasn't interested.

I will miss my 1st gear, which is very useful in parking lots and you can cruise in it at low speeds/take your foot off the gas and it doesn't buck at all. I will not miss 3rd gear... the 2.4 starts to fall on its face passing about 110. I bet Joel's car in 3rd would beat mine in 2nd from 65-70 up to 140.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 AM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
also my car runs like garbage with these codes (P0013, and P0014). Its rich as hell and im getting 13.2l/ 100km. and there is a whine coming from the engine when i put load on it
according to my '09 Service manual;
P0013 = Exhaust Camshaft Position Actuator Solinoid Control Circuit
P0014 = Exhaust Camshaft Position System Performance

That would lend to your complaints.

IIRC this is a not too uncommon occurrence - and Steve had one or both of his cam actuators replaced last year...

An absolute **** in a G37 coupe rolled down her window to say, "nice car" with one of those **** smiles that makes you feel like jelly. It is only in these rare moments that I can manage to forget what a POS my car really is.
x 10,000

Congrats on the sale (knock on wood) ~ is this the 2nd time it's been sold - or did I miss something?

Hmm, I think I missed a memo? ~ Puscifer is actually making music ~ instead of just the melodic juvenile drivel I bought a couple years ago...
Old 06-24-2011, 12:13 AM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
Congrats on the sale (knock on wood) ~ is this the 2nd time it's been sold - or did I miss something?
Well it was an 18 year guy who told me that it was effectively a done deal, not telling me that he didn't yet have a source for the money. So if he could somehow secure a loan for $8k with no credit history, I dunno... he might need the car as collateral, in which case he'd want to pay collision - hello $4k/yr insurance.

I like her chances much better.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:25 AM

oh... ok.

GLWS
Old 06-24-2011, 01:20 AM

Yeah I'm buying Joel's car... just out of curiosity I drove that one today cause I'd driven Joel's a few weeks ago and kinda wanted to compare to stock; the guy kinda threw out some numbers for me on a trade in, I obviously wasn't interested.
I do this sometimes. If I'm bored I might do a little tire kicking .

Anyone doing anything for Canada day?

Joel
Old 06-24-2011, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by CanadianCobalt
I do this sometimes. If I'm bored I might do a little tire kicking .

Anyone doing anything for Canada day?

Joel
hopefully driving the Grand Am

more likely though, putting the finishing touches on the exhaust, while being a sitting duck for the birds... err, mosquitos.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:29 AM

What's going on guys.

How'd finishing up the exhaust go jonathon
Old 06-24-2011, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by outtamymind
How'd finishing up the exhaust go jonathon
I picked on it a bit on saturday ~ but seeing as I had a house guest, I didn't spend nearly enough time on it to get finished - hense the 'canada day' post.

completely fabricating a 'dual' exhaust is more work than you might think;
I've got pipe to the 'axle';
I've now got my tail pipes and muffler locations mocked up, and after some thought, I'm going to make one side and connect it to the main pipe, then finish with the second side...

this is going to be a 100% factory appearing exhaust - and hopefully (with the bends I have in it) it should be ALOT quieter than it used to be... my youtube videos don't quite do it justice as to how loud it really was.

FYI this is a shot of an ultra low mile version of my GA LE w/RPO W32 (also refereed to in sales info as 'WS6') - a rear shot so you can see what the exhaust is supposed to look like;

(link with more pictures of the same car: Grand Am LE/W32)

Last edited by soundjunky; 06-24-2011 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:07 PM

addition:

re my exhaust - it doesn't help my case that I'm using a mig welder with flux core wiring either - it's messy, and slow going.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:21 PM

Ya should have a gOod setup when it's done. How tight are the bends?
Old 06-24-2011, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by outtamymind
Ya should have a gOod setup when it's done. How tight are the bends?
I'm only using mandrel bends;

Header w/3" collector;
3" inlet flex junction w/2.5" outlet;
2.5" pipe to the 'Y';
2.0" pipe after the 'Y';
two small body (thrush brand) mufflers;
trying to make the exhaust pressure at each muffler as even as possible.

I guess you could argue that I'm too cheap to get a shop to make this for me locally - but at the same time, as far as I'm aware no one in town fabricates mandrel bent exhaust.

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread