Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i would love too, but i have football and hockey that night. sorry.

and i can stay out until like 12 at the LATEST. 11 is usually when i come home on weeknights
Old 10-25-2011, 02:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
the real truth is this is got to be the worst arguement in this forum and thread i have ever seen besides the all mighty arguement of snow tires vs all season..... look if any of you guys get the urge to dump your balt off to get a kia.... contact me first.... i will take that so called pos off your hands and call it my own.... at least it would have a owner who respects a mans car...
Then go buy it. Still for sale. What's your deal with me? I already explained that the main reason is because I'm 20 years old with a ton of tickets and my insurance is through the roof. My dad chipped in on the Kia and I'd rather spend my money on tuition next year than fixing my Cobalt, because I want to do something with my life. To keep a car that's causing you grief because it's "manly" is the most pathetic thing I have ever heard.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:55 AM

i have no beef with you man lol..... i am stating something very simple ..... i dont understand why a bunch of people who own a certain type of car, can complain so much about it.... thats my beef.... the part that kills me is that every day they get in that same car and it gives them the biggest hard on.... when will cobalt owners realize that they own a really good car.... coz honestly there isnt anything out there in its class that even compares..... jonathan is about the only person who gets it..... everytime i hear the cobalt is crap arguement i hear people throw all these diff cars out there such as evo's or bmw, or even mustangs.... well first off thank you... for comparing cars that are by far out of the same class..... secondly we must have a great car if people compare them to mustangs and bmw's.... finally in our class (evo) not only are we at the top but we are half the price.... evo full load cost about 45 000 +.... ss tc new cost about 25 000... they both put up similar numbers... do the math, seems to me the evo is one big money pit... the only reason i get down on you acey is coz you had the car but you didnt respect it.... to play with high horse power cars it costs money... as a student it was money you didnt have..... i know your smart enough to know that to save something from breaking you need to be gentle on it for most of the time.... now i dont know everything about you or even suggest that i do but i know one thing.... the problems in that sc car wasnt enough to give up.... i am sorry your 2.4 was a pos, it has happened to all of us.... ie mine was a 95 neon, 3 trannies and 3 motors later... but man you could still own that beautiful balt if you didnt panic.... dude in short your a good guy but made a dumb choice....

as for me being sour about not having my car.... think about it dude.... i traded in a sunfire with well over 15 000 in perforance a appearence add ons for my balt.... i got 1 000 dollars for that car.... honestly i wouldnt have sold my wheels for 1 000.... but i did it coz the sc balt was one of my dream cars.... like the vette and ws6 trans am.... then on a very bad sunday afternoon it all ended very quickly... to no fault of mine, i lost my car.... i owned that car for about 3 yrs, i worked on it for 3 yrs.... i had well over 6 months of man hours in that car, blood sweat and tears... everything was great.... i was taking steps this year to recover from a ex woman who gambled me into a hole so deep i couldnt recover.... i was able to keep my car during that... i enjoyed my car, i loved owning it, it was maybe the best car i have ever owned.... then some ******* in a hurry ended it for me.... not only that but i suffered a head injury and now just finally getting better....dude i am hell bent to regain it back..... and i have no patience for people who sit there and take for granted each day of what they have..... dude all my life i been fighting for respect..... i have over come alot.... i seen more hardship in 10 yrs of life then most see in thier entire lives.... i am passionate about everything i do.... i have to be commited or i will tell you i would have given up a long time ago.... if you dont believe me, think about this.... my son suffers from 3 of 4 diff siezures, 2 of them are deadly.... also he is diagnosed with autism spectrum disorder...... he still alive and kicking enough to kick your ass acey.... well i put that same passion in my life and cars man.... and thats how i approach everything in life....

Last edited by jrmotosports 88; 10-25-2011 at 08:25 AM.
Old 10-25-2011, 12:25 PM

ya acey marks son totally kicked yo ass on the banff trip hahaha. oh what a good day that was.

it was a shame my suspension wasn't up to par that day, cuz i would have been all over those corners harder then i was
Old 10-25-2011, 12:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
holy crap. It's been a while since I had to read 3 pages after a day of not being on. lol

In all honesty the cobalt is a good car. yes, some are lemons but you get that with every manufacturer.

I say to each their own and if people have opinions they will always speak it. that just adds room for improvement.

I never said I hate my car or it's crappy, I just never say I have the "Best " car out there. Ask anyone who talks to me about my car or rides with me in my car. I will 90% of the time have a huge grin on my face and say I love my car after some guy in a luxury sports car has the look on his face when he hears the whine and sees rounded tail lights.

It's all about the person and if acey feels content with his kia then good for him!

Now about this "Getting a hard on everytime you get into your car"....... I'd say half the time for me as I spend half my time in my "Insta-Torque"!!! lol
Old 10-25-2011, 01:00 PM

is that 13's new name "Insta-Torque?
Old 10-25-2011, 01:17 PM

not new name but it's fitting! lol
Old 10-25-2011, 01:47 PM

id call that thing all ***** no **** ...... hahhahhaah just saying
Old 10-25-2011, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by bluecobalt99
I know the interior sucked once you mod the **** out of the car. Everything shakes haha. When I de moded I swore it wasn't the same car
This. Lol. I have dynomatted my entire dashboard and it still vibrates like crazy in the summer. Winter is fine but when u run the AC. Omg it's retarded.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:02 PM

id call that thing all ***** no **** ...... hahhahhaah just saying
no what?? lol
Old 10-25-2011, 04:18 PM

you had the car but you didnt respect it.... to play with high horse power cars it costs money... as a student it was money you didnt have..... i know your smart enough to know that to save something from breaking you need to be gentle on it for most of the time...
After the first 10,000 km where I was learning stick, I wasn't hard on that car at all because stuff started breaking. I feel 3 different dealers wouldn't have done all that warranty work if it was because I was beating the car up. When they were replacing the flywheel they even said they were surprised how little clutch wear I had after 70,000 km.

I don't know how to respond to the rest of this post, but if dedicating 3 years of my life and effectively all my money to this car, far north of $30k, isn't some indicator of passion then I don't know what is. No I obviously haven't been through any hardships close to what you have but getting out of the Cobalt was the financially sound decision given the financial contribution I got to a new car and given the number hours I spent working on the Cobalts I would hope that no one thinks there was a lack of respect there.

Originally Posted by thedude411
This. Lol. I have dynomatted my entire dashboard and it still vibrates like crazy in the summer. Winter is fine but when u run the AC. Omg it's retarded.
Yeah my 2.4 dash rattled alot and the girl who bought it, her parents were massaging the dash after they drove it trying to figure out why it was rattling. Hilarious.

And my license is suspended for accumulation of 15 demerits. Shortly I should get a restricted license so I can get to work, not like I go anywhere else anyway.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by SylverSS/SC
no what?? lol
cake.................. hahahahahah

sorry adrian i mean no disrespect.... ok.... the choice went south long before you bought that car.... few of us know what i mean....
Old 10-25-2011, 05:12 PM

ya the dashboard rattles alot and so does the rear deck and the sunroof if you have one. the doors are pretty bad for it as well.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by outtamymind
ya the dashboard rattles alot and so does the rear deck and the sunroof if you have one. the doors are pretty bad for it as well.
every car rattles once modded............. in cabin pieces are not designed for more pressure or vibration....
Old 10-25-2011, 05:19 PM
Premium Member

Just strip the interior = weight reduction and no rattle
Old 10-25-2011, 09:26 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
hmm, so I have dash rattles to look forward to?

when abouts does this start happening?
Old 10-25-2011, 10:19 PM

^^^^^^the day you bought a car^^^^^

in all honesty i believe after market exhaust is the guilty party..... and i also think the sc's will be worse then the turbo's.... only reason is coz the sc runs louder then the turbo..... but really who really gives a crap about some squeeks and rattles.... thats why we have radios....
Old 10-25-2011, 10:23 PM

well I haven't noticed anything...

yet.
Old 10-25-2011, 11:29 PM
Residental Bish.

Originally Posted by StruttinSoul
/\

Either way you put it it's still a ford... and a focus..
Old 10-26-2011, 12:46 AM

^^ I left that comment alone yesterday...

I remeber went the SVT Focus's came out - for their time they were pretty cool ~ and this forthcoming one is pretty freaking cool in my books;
with the discontinuation of both the Cobalt SS, and Caliber SRT4 - there has been zero domestic offerings for the sport compact market;
which in my opinion is a shame.

Come on - some Fords are nice.

You trying to tell my you'ld turn down a Mustang?

I personally couldn't believe that the Boss Mustang at last years' new car show was virtually ignored...
All the makers should offer pony cars like it;
stripped down to the basics, and with focus on drivetrain... to me, that says that someone at Ford is thinking right.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:50 AM

the new 5.0 is nice because they basically had no stops with the mustang. but no i wouldn't buy a mustang, i like the look of them but for comfortabitlity and clutch/shifter feel i don't like it.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:54 AM

im just happy with what i have. a ss/tc would be nicer though
Old 10-26-2011, 01:20 AM

I loved the shifter in the 99-04 mustangs. It was different but once you figured out that it was like straight down to second then straight up to 3rd it was mint. It took many shifts to figure that out tho as I always tried to shift somewhere between 3rd and 5th lol. And was nice as that shifter was I did choose the cobalt over one. It retro spec I shouldn't have cus insurance was cheaper on a mustang gt convertible and I would have been able to afford to keep my explorer. And resale would be about the same for both cars now FML. The gas savings and being able to drive the cobalt in winter has been nice however haha.

I saw earlier someone saying i should sell my car to mark but I'm never going to sell it. It does everything i need it to do including carrying a kayak and a downhill bike lol. I have no problem blowing it up at the track and digging it a grave but it won't be sold.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:31 AM

^^ I didn't say anything about you selling - I said that Mark should convince you to take him for a spin in your car...
When you goose it - that car makes me giggle like a school girl! ~ I can only imagine how much Mark would like it.

I like my car alot, and I'm very happy with it - but in my humble opinion, the Challenger RT or SRT is hands down MUCH cooler...

Honestly the Cobalt to me is a bit of compromise car;
I would have preferred a RWD V8 car - but it wasn't practical - especially given my current "car situation";
Actually had I not bought this Cobalt, I know Nathan wouldn't have sold me his...
ANd I for a time had my hear set on a 2009 Challenger RT 'Classic' in 'B5 blue'... I even have the letter from Dodge along with the brochure they sent when I was contemplating one...
I know that my Cobalt can probably beat my friends '08 Challenger SRT8 (even though he might not know it), that the Cobalt SS/TC is a much more rounded package than that of the pony cars ~ and in the end, I truly feel that GM won't make another car like this for the foreseeable future, and that this car absolutely kills the mileage of any V8 car I might have liked to have...

I'm not like some people though - when I bought my car- I had no intent, or thoughts of only owning the car for "x" number of years... as a matter of fact I don't plan on ever buying new again... I'd rather let someone else bear the brunt of depreciation.

Regaurding Mustangs, don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge mustang fan - I only mentioned it because there was some Ford bashing happening... err, bought back up...
And as nice as the GT is, the Shebly is flat out awesome ~ and the Boss in somewhere inbetween the two taking a sleeper role;
There was alot of time and effort put into that package to lighten the car and give it more power ~ and I think most of the buying public just didn't clue into this ~ they probably thought it was just another retro package... when that couldn't be much further from the truth.

Last edited by soundjunky; 10-26-2011 at 01:42 AM.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by soundjunky
^^ I didn't say anything about you selling - I said that Mark should convince you to take him for a spin in your car...
When you goose it - that car makes me giggle like a school girl! ~ I can only imagine how much Mark would like it.
i think mark would need to carry a second set of shorts lol

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread