Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Calgary - random talk thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am down for july ish, mountains r always better later in summer for weather and such. I book next years vacation time soon, soooooo lets set some dates and make it happen. I dont hvae a passport for the usa, i suppose enough time i can get one depending where we end up going.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:49 PM

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Ownedbyagirl?
Anyone meeting up this week or weekend?
the tentative plan is that we're meeting up at the Tim Horton's at McKnight off Deerfoot this saturday at around 7pm
Old 12-05-2011, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by victoryredturbalt
... I dont hvae a passport for the usa, i suppose enough time i can get one depending where we end up going.
oh, I didn't expect anything to transpire from my post - if you look closely, I even said that at the bottom of the post.

an idea of a cobalt meet has been thrown around here and in another thread...

I have no real plans this year though...

I'll probably end up going to visit my mom for a spell...

I mean who can argue with SoCal in summer?
Old 12-05-2011, 02:20 PM

i just need dates when its decided so i can book it off. really im very open to any location, pretty easy going on that lol. just want it to happen! its gonna b a blast!
Old 12-05-2011, 02:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This coming weekend??
Old 12-05-2011, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by SylverSS/SC
Originally Posted by soundjunky
Originally Posted by Ownedbyagirl?
Anyone meeting up this week or weekend?
the tentative plan is that we're meeting up at the Tim Horton's at McKnight off Deerfoot this saturday at around 7pm
This coming weekend??
umm yeah... this coming saturday is the 10th.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:45 PM

Lol I was just making sure
Old 12-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Residental Bish.

I am also suppose to be in Vegas in Apri.

Jon & Steve I started working at 17. I have 2 kids I raise alone. if anyone needs a vacation. That would be me. Since I've never had one.

I'll get the meet sometime after 8:30 but I will be there.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no disagreement there kass. and i have you all beat i started working at 14 and pretty much haven't stopped lol
Old 12-05-2011, 03:10 PM

Lol well if we wanna get technical, I've been working on the farm since I was 12! So beat that!!!!!!!!!!

Do you need a ride kass?
Old 12-05-2011, 03:11 PM

fine you win jon lol. can't argue with farm work.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:15 PM

Yup good old cheap home grown labor!!! Lol
Old 12-05-2011, 03:18 PM

hahaha isn't that the canadian way? lol
Old 12-05-2011, 03:47 PM

it's pretty much any farmer way! lol
Old 12-05-2011, 04:41 PM

lol o here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonathan, ya its just a matter of paper work but there is a cost that i dont have right now either.... socal summer? lol many arguements...... i am sure its nice tho.... i am not to found of the states, and honestly i think you might forget what bc can be like when you actually take the time to enjoy.... also i wanna add the drive around the great lakes is spectacular no mater what season..... who needs the states.... you all know where i will travel if its beaches and ocean i want.... promise i will try anything to never come back hahahaha

kass, steve.... 17 thats all? hahahah kidding, i know kass needs a break!!!! not easy raising kids....

jon 12 thats all?????????????????? farm boy? hmp lol dude i was raising over 200 head of animal by the time i was 8..... also cutting 4 acres of grass..... hmmmmmm one might say well thats not much.... farms usually have riding mowers.... well we didnt, i was using the push mower... you also might say that my dad was helping me.... wrong..... dad was a long haul trucker, and was never home.....

as for the cruise i do like the canada day idea... we all have the day off, and usually never spend it with family..... i think it be a great time if we all gather that day go enjoy a nice drive, take pics, enjoy the celebrations in banff... i seen the firework show before and its every bit as good as say the stampede....

i should make sat night at timmies on mcknight at 7
Old 12-05-2011, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
lol o here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!

jonathan, ya its just a matter of paper work but there is a cost that i dont have right now either.... socal summer? lol many arguements...... i am sure its nice tho.... i am not to found of the states, and honestly i think you might forget what bc can be like when you actually take the time to enjoy.... also i wanna add the drive around the great lakes is spectacular no mater what season..... who needs the states.... you all know where i will travel if its beaches and ocean i want.... promise i will try anything to never come back hahahaha

kass, steve.... 17 thats all? hahahah kidding, i know kass needs a break!!!! not easy raising kids....

jon 12 thats all?????????????????? farm boy? hmp lol dude i was raising over 200 head of animal by the time i was 8..... also cutting 4 acres of grass..... hmmmmmm one might say well thats not much.... farms usually have riding mowers.... well we didnt, i was using the push mower... you also might say that my dad was helping me.... wrong..... dad was a long haul trucker, and was never home.....

as for the cruise i do like the canada day idea... we all have the day off, and usually never spend it with family..... i think it be a great time if we all gather that day go enjoy a nice drive, take pics, enjoy the celebrations in banff... i seen the firework show before and its every bit as good as say the stampede....

i should make sat night at timmies on mcknight at 7

Not to nit pick but isn't the great lakes in the other direction???
Old 12-05-2011, 05:06 PM

might make timmies on sat... all depends on if some friends show up for the weekend or not, won't be long if I am there, have a hockey game later saturday night.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by jrmotosports 88
...and honestly i think you might forget what bc can be like when you actually take the time to enjoy.... also i wanna add the drive around the great lakes is spectacular no mater what season..... who needs the states....
Mark, I don't know about you, but I'm generally on a self-imposed budget while on any kind of vacation;
  • even when gas is "expensive" in the 'states, it's cheaper than here ~ generally at least 20% cheaper...
  • food is cheaper state-side...
  • hotels can be had for cheaper...
  • shopping is cheaper...

but in BC;
  • gas is more expensive...
  • food is generally just as expensive ~ or more when you factor in more tax...
  • ditto with shopping...

When I do road trips, I might do scenery type stops - but the destination isn't about scenery... so I'd suggest that you don't know what you're, missing out on.

lets do a comparison of some attractions:
Seattle 'underground tour' > Moose Jaws 'underground tour'
State-side beaches > Canada's beaches

any other suggestions of something I should compare?

I like air museums, and the largest one in 'western' Canada is the Western Canadian Aviation Museum in Winnipeg... sorry it looses out to pretty much every one I have been to state-side...
Last year I was at the Flying Heritage Collection in Everette Washington (which was the same trip that I popped in on Vince with btw) - there is nothing like that museum in Canada period.
I've been to the Boeing plant and taken the tour... nothing like it in Canada.
This coming year when I go to my cousin's (because I always do), I'll go check ou thte air museum which houses the 'Spruce-Goose'... I hear it's great.

Or shifting gears, I like to go to swap meets (car's and car parts for sale) - the Portland swap meet (generally the weekend after Easter) is the biggest one in the NW... and bigger than anything I'm aware of on this side of the great lakes...

I'm not saying you can't have nice vacations in Canada at all - I'm just saying that my preference based on the cost/quality/diversity, is that I'm generally going to be state-side.

Fair enough?
Old 12-05-2011, 05:24 PM

also

Old 12-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Residental Bish.

Stinky my flight lands at 8:19. Picking me up would be lovely.

As for this cruise. You all will pick a day, and I'm sure Bish will attend as always.

I talked to G-rama-dou... last night, and he said he truly had no intentions on showing up that night. He really did just want to bug us by that post.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Baltbitch
I talked to G-rama-dou... last night, and he said he truly had no intentions on showing up that night. He really did just want to bug us by that post.
well he was doing even more over on my end... probably becasue he figured I was acting as a bit of a go-between...
there was some stuff he said which I didn't relate to anyone...
in hopes that it was just him screwing with me/us...

he's started talking to me again - and I don't know why...
I mean from this spring he had an attitude towards me, that I just didn't have any time to waste on...
and now he's seeming nice...

*shrug*

Kass - if we're going to be that close you could text Jon when the plane lands...
Old 12-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Residental Bish.

Originally Posted by soundjunky
well he was doing even more over on my end... probably becasue he figured I was acting as a bit of a go-between...
there was some stuff he said which I didn't relate to anyone...
in hopes that it was just him screwing with me/us...

he's started talking to me again - and I don't know why...
I mean from this spring he had an attitude towards me, that I just didn't have any time to waste on...
and now he's seeming nice...

*shrug*

Kass - if we're going to be that close you could text Jon when the plane lands...
You don't have to believe me when I say this as he is your friend. I have dealt with all sides of Graham. This is also what he does to me. He is super nice, and suddenly I'm at chinook mall alone after being called a few insulting words. I don't know why he is this way, but I find he comes back to "nice" when he wants something. With me it's usually a babysitter.

and yes I could.
Old 12-05-2011, 05:59 PM

He probably wants your help with something Jonathan. Just remember that!
Old 12-05-2011, 06:02 PM

Why would I not believe you Kass?

You have not done anything to garner my skepticism...
Graham though has.

There's nothing he would gain from getting back on good terms with me...
I told him ages ago he couldn't move here... (and apparently he's renting his own place anyway)
I won't sell him any car parts...
I won't help him with oil changes...
and I don't pitch hit for the other team

*shrug*
Old 12-05-2011, 06:17 PM

your half yankee anyway hahahahah... keep the states i been there it sux..... lol dont care for there at all.... agreed everything is cheaper.... mind yourself where your dollar goes and where your from..... sorry bc is no where as expensive as you make it out to be.... ok granted you will pay .10 cents a litre more then here.... big deal..... food same price.... hotels maybe even cheaper depending where you stay.... i am not 100% sure but i believe they have abolished the provincal tax.... greg can tell us more.... i heard on radio and i also know its a politcal subject there.... besides if you believe we dont pay a provincal sales tax your wrong it is only included in the price of the object.... ok i completely agree swap meets, museums, and tourist attractions are better there... big deal.... seen one seen them all.... the only reason i wanna go back to the states is for nascar..... thats it.... yes your right beaches are better there, however why would you go to cali for a beach when hawaii, mexico, thailand, and phills are by far a better vacation that cost approximately same or less in mexicos case then driving to cali.... your advantage is you know people in cali and have free accomidations.... sorry man i will happen to peacefully disagree with you cali is not my idea of a vacation.... btw every vacation must have scenery, or why would we go?

i used the great lakes as a place here in canada to show what people miss when they go to places like vegas, pheonix, or cali... i can tell you first hand that the great lakes are amazing canada side.... i seen them in every season.... truely breath taking.... hell we live in one of the most amazing places in the world right here.... we take that stuff for granted...

ok i will admit shelby is cool and no we have nothing like that.... but really its a place i could go without seeing.... now if that was a actual place like hendrick motosports or dei headquarters in charlotte i would say i am in....

Quick Reply: Calgary - random talk thread