Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Snakes TVS Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 12:52 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dispite what happend to the fuel rail i still carried on with the build. Installed the TTR engine mount which means my Ingalls TD is for sale...$50 for that, local only...i can bring it to the meet and can be installed in less then 5mins. Anyways heres the new pictures of the engine mount.

Stock engine mount removed

Stock on the left, TTR on the right

TTR Engine Mount installed

Also i cant seem the find the trq specs on the 2 types of bolts...i tightend it as tight as i can with a ratchet but does anyone know the trq specs on it?
Old 07-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good. but now that that tvs there. give ur engine bay a big clean and paint valve cover and it will look good good
Old 07-12-2009, 01:05 PM

Good job so far.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:07 PM
Banned

well soon as i get the car running im going to the car wash and spraying the engine bay, its full of gas from yesterday. Havent decided what color i wanted to paint my valve cover, either black or silver or blue.
Old 07-12-2009, 02:11 PM

man you should stop by my shop or call me I wanna c this beast!!!!
Old 07-12-2009, 02:28 PM
Banned

i will when its running. Car is sitting in the parking lot with no fuel rail. If i get the car running tomorrow ill drive carefully to your work and show u. Cant go into boost though since its still tuned for the 2.8 on the m62.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:33 PM
Banned

Ok boys and girls. Good news and a tiny bit of bad news. I was able to find a fuel rail. Cost me $152. It came off a 04 supercharged ION. Only 8000Km on it. Came with the fuel rail, stock injectors and the wiring harness...lol. Also found a banjo bolt. Installed everything except for 1 small part. For the banjo bolt for the coolant there is 2 copper washers. I lost one of them...so there is a small amount of coolant leaking from there. Tried a few places but not the right size. Went to the dealership. It will be 3 days until it gets in.

However dispite the small amount of coolant i took the car for a small test drive down my street. Holy **** im going to love this thing when i get tuned for it. It sounds awesome. Its not as loud as the M62 but it has a different whine to it. If i raced another SS/SC you would be able to tell there is a different supercharger in mine (dispite the hp difference). Also i have the TTR engine mount in. Abit more vibs but i dont mine that. Didnt try and hard launches since A. the coolant leak and B. not tuned. So my plan is this...get the washer in a few days, get steve to tune me and ill be set. Rotated Mounts should be here on the 16th. Dunno if i want to try and install them myself or bring it to a shop.

Heres some pics of the tvs in and done. And a quick video, giving maybe 75% throttle. Keep in mind the car is on a custom tune for 2.8/60/meth on the m62 so no power gain yet.

M62, 2.8 pulley, 60lb injectors dyno run in 3rd gear(no meth)

TVS, 2nd gear pull(75% throttle, untuned)

Last edited by Snakes709; 07-13-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:31 PM

awesome! good to hear you got that problem worked out. So do you have the washers ordered? 3 days is still enough time before the meet
Old 07-14-2009, 12:06 AM
Banned

Yup they r orderd, should be here Wed or Thurs and then steve is tuning my car on friday. Car is driveable right now, as long as i dont go into boost the coolant doesnt leak that much, might loose a shot glass every 45mins - 1 hr. Easy fix though. Sometime in the next few weeks i have to order 2 parts from the SS/TC. Gotta get the map sensor and the harness/chip for it. That will give me the correct boost readings.
Old 07-14-2009, 12:18 AM

Lookin' good man! Excited to see this beast now!
Old 07-14-2009, 12:24 AM
Banned

im excited to see how many ponies im going to making once i get my header/dp and exhaust and of course the tune. Then even more excited to see my times on the 1/4 mile
Old 07-14-2009, 11:04 PM
Banned

Ok so a little update. Got home from the mall tonight and the dealership called, said my washer is in. So i can get that fixed up tomorrow. Also my car is heading into Xtreme Tinting tomorrow and getting my front windows tinted to 5%. Has anyone ever got tinting done from them? Wanna know if they do a good job...looks like they do.

So tomorrow im going to get the car washed, waxed and clean the engine bay and polish some stuff, ill have more pics up tomorrow.

Does anyone know of any performance shops that can install my rotated mounts when they come in. I have a bad histroy of breaking **** when i install something. And since my mounts will be here thursday...that doesnt give me time to fix something if i break it. Leaves me with 3 choices...

A. Dealership installs them for about $360 (really dont want to spend that)
B. i install them...taking off the dp makes it easier, but then thats a PITA to get it off and put it back on. (might break something)
C. Wait until my header/dp/exhaust comes in and just do it then while the dp is off (but i wont have them for the meet.
Old 07-15-2009, 05:59 PM
Banned

Ok so i got my windows in the front tinted to 5% (same as my back 3) Looks really nice. Also finished tinting my tail lights since i had to strip them for the inspection...anyways heres some pics

Old 07-15-2009, 06:10 PM

lookin good man, i would wait to when header and dp come out. stop while you are ahead. hahahaha. by the way cops don't like 5% around here. i got warned yesterday. hahahahahaha
Old 07-15-2009, 06:15 PM
Banned

yea its a risk im willing to take....i dont drive stupid on the road so i dont cause alot of attention to myself so i should be good....i hope..lol.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes709
Ok boys and girls. Good news and a tiny bit of bad news. I was able to find a fuel rail. Cost me $152. It came off a 04 supercharged ION. Only 8000Km on it. Came with the fuel rail, stock injectors and the wiring harness...lol. Also found a banjo bolt. Installed everything except for 1 small part. For the banjo bolt for the coolant there is 2 copper washers. I lost one of them...so there is a small amount of coolant leaking from there. Tried a few places but not the right size. Went to the dealership. It will be 3 days until it gets in.

However dispite the small amount of coolant i took the car for a small test drive down my street. Holy **** im going to love this thing when i get tuned for it. It sounds awesome. Its not as loud as the M62 but it has a different whine to it. If i raced another SS/SC you would be able to tell there is a different supercharger in mine (dispite the hp difference). Also i have the TTR engine mount in. Abit more vibs but i dont mine that. Didnt try and hard launches since A. the coolant leak and B. not tuned. So my plan is this...get the washer in a few days, get steve to tune me and ill be set. Rotated Mounts should be here on the 16th. Dunno if i want to try and install them myself or bring it to a shop.

Heres some pics of the tvs in and done. And a quick video, giving maybe 75% throttle. Keep in mind the car is on a custom tune for 2.8/60/meth on the m62 so no power gain yet.

M62, 2.8 pulley, 60lb injectors dyno run in 3rd gear(no meth)

TVS, 2nd gear pull(75% throttle, untuned)
If the guy that does the tuning is thorough the TVS should run just as fine as the m62.... it might be a little on the low side of timing but if done right the MAF values shouldn't change much nor will VE tables. I think the largest adjustment I made to any cell was 3 to 4% in either of those two tables. The only real notable difference between the two blowers is the TVS flowing more air but these different cells should already be correct.... I wouldn't give someone back a car after tuning not knowing all the tables are done correctly and not just certain cells in those tables being correct.

Lots of work done though.... you'll find the car will be a little easier to launch with the TVS stock pulley since it will be down torque in the lower RPM's. One suggestion... maybe take it easy torquing down bolts! haha.... might not have so many issues snapping them.
Old 07-15-2009, 07:33 PM

is your brake fluid cap tightened down?
Old 07-15-2009, 07:37 PM

is your brake fluid cap tightened down?
Old 07-15-2009, 08:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raptors_67
If the guy that does the tuning is thorough the TVS should run just as fine as the m62.... it might be a little on the low side of timing but if done right the MAF values shouldn't change much nor will VE tables. I think the largest adjustment I made to any cell was 3 to 4% in either of those two tables. The only real notable difference between the two blowers is the TVS flowing more air but these different cells should already be correct.... I wouldn't give someone back a car after tuning not knowing all the tables are done correctly and not just certain cells in those tables being correct.

Lots of work done though.... you'll find the car will be a little easier to launch with the TVS stock pulley since it will be down torque in the lower RPM's. One suggestion... maybe take it easy torquing down bolts! haha.... might not have so many issues snapping them.
I dont know much about tuning so all that went over my head. And yea it was just that 1 banjo bolt...then we replaced it with a crapy bolt and that snapped...lol. Car better be worth it when its done

And yes the brake cap is on tight
Old 07-15-2009, 09:14 PM

**** dude she looks good with the window tint!!!!!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 PM
Banned

So UPS was nice enough to gimme my Stage 2 Rotated Mounts from OTTP. Wasnt going to install them today since i been having bad luck touching my car lately. But i kept looking at them and gave in. Was way easier then i thought. Took 1 1/2 hours, which included jacking the car up, unbolting...fighting to get some sort of sensor off the bracket of the rear mount, putting everything back together, taking pictures, lowering the car back down.

So i installed the mounts and the how-to i was following says "dont tighten bolts all the way, just enough so the threads dont show. Then go for a drive around the block to let them settle in and get into position, dont go into boost and dont go into 3000rpm" so i did just that. And i tell you...already i can feel a difference in my shifting. Its alot smoother. Funny little story also while i was driving... Stopped at Mcdonalds for some supper and as i was coming back out there were 2 kids (late teens, early 20's) with a honda civic standing by my car laughing at it cuz its a Cobalt and cuz my tail lights r tinted. So i just got in my car when they said "nice slow balt" i said "faster then your civic...but what i find funny is my large cup of pop has my litres in it then your engine size"....so he said "well why dont we go race and ill show you how fast my car is" so i replied "not tonight, but saturday im going to Castrol Speedway to drag race, why dont you come by and we put abit of money into it" then he gets in his car and says "**** you *****" and does the tipical ricer burn out. Damn kids...

Anyways on to the pictures...

Stage 2 Rotated Transmission Mounts

Stock Front Mount

Stock Rear Mount

Stock and Stage 2 Front Mount

Stock and Stage 2 Rear Mount

Rear Mount and Bracket removed

Stage 2 Front Mount Installed

Stage 2 Rear Mount Installed In The Bracket

Stage 2 Rear Mount Installed
Old 07-16-2009, 09:34 PM

hey noone i noticed gave you the torque down on the tranny mount! the spec's from gm are 37lbs of torque for the ones next to the motor and 75 for the ones next to the fender hope that helps and nice lbm u got there!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rocketrex
hey noone i noticed gave you the torque down on the tranny mount! the spec's from gm are 37lbs of torque for the ones next to the motor and 75 for the ones next to the fender hope that helps and nice lbm u got there!!!
thanks...before i finished i searched what the specs r so its all good.
Old 07-16-2009, 10:14 PM

just making sure buddy! i hope to do mine while i join the usaf
Old 07-16-2009, 10:17 PM

just making sure buddy! i hope to do mine while i join the usaf

Quick Reply: Snakes TVS Build