Canadian Mid West NW Territories, Alberta, Saskatchewan

Snakes TVS Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 02:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
(not track tested yet) but whoever said you cant run TTR Solid Engine Mount and OTTP Stage 2 Rotated Mounts together is full of ****. Did some quick launches with just the solid mount in...was pretty good. Did a couple more tonight with the rotated mounts in also...even better. Vibs r abit strong but oh well, thats something i can live with.
Old 07-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Banned

Ok so new update. I got an0malous to tune the car...he did a awesome job (thank you) Fixed a few issues i had with the previous tune...no more issue at 3500rpm so i can laugh normal now. So here is some info what the car is doing (an0malous correct me if i make a mistake)

AFR = 11.9 (depending on the rpm)
Timing = 24*
Knock = 0 (didnt see knock at all today)
IAT2 = 140* (think that was the highest we seen doing pull after pull)
Rad Fans start at a less temp to help keep everything cooler
Reduced boost in 1st gear to 40% and then as my rpms get higher it slowly goes up so i can get better traction. Not sure what my boost is since my gauge is maxing out. But with the rotated mounts and the reduced boost in 1st gear, i should be able to floor it in 1st at the track and have little to no wheel spins.

Thanks an0malous once again.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had him lower my boost in first like that and I didnt like it at all. I actually had better times with a higher boost in first. I think mines like 80 or 90% progressive.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:48 PM
Banned

well ill see how i like it at the track, so far i like it, barely any tire spin
Old 07-17-2009, 06:03 PM

Yeah you'll just have to try it out and see how you like it. Some people like it, some dont, its personall preference.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes709
Ok so new update. I got an0malous to tune the car...he did a awesome job (thank you) Fixed a few issues i had with the previous tune...no more issue at 3500rpm so i can laugh normal now. So here is some info what the car is doing (an0malous correct me if i make a mistake)

AFR = 11.9 (depending on the rpm)
Timing = 24*
Knock = 0 (didnt see knock at all today)
IAT2 = 140* (think that was the highest we seen doing pull after pull)
Rad Fans start at a less temp to help keep everything cooler
Reduced boost in 1st gear to 40% and then as my rpms get higher it slowly goes up so i can get better traction. Not sure what my boost is since my gauge is maxing out. But with the rotated mounts and the reduced boost in 1st gear, i should be able to floor it in 1st at the track and have little to no wheel spins.

Thanks an0malous once again.
I doubt you're running 24 degrees timing if you're maxing out the boost gauge.
Old 07-19-2009, 09:43 PM

so how does it actually feel with the ottp stage 2 mounts and the ttr one? would it be ok for persay a dd person?
Old 07-19-2009, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raptors_67
I doubt you're running 24 degrees timing if you're maxing out the boost gauge.
computer doesnt lie, max timing was 24*...believe it or not, but when im at 7000rpm the boost gauge is maxed at 30psi (turbo gauge)

Originally Posted by rocketrex
so how does it actually feel with the ottp stage 2 mounts and the ttr one? would it be ok for persay a dd person?
no i dont like it...it works better yes but the vibs r way to strong. I'm actualy selling the TTR Solid engine mount for $150 if anyone wants it. Only on the car for 1 week. Its polished...still looks like new...i paid $250 shipped so thats a good deal if anyone LOCAL wants it. Good mod to have but to strong with the rotated mounts. Should have read more into it when i bought it

Last edited by Snakes709; 07-19-2009 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-19-2009, 11:47 PM

well good to know keep us posted on ur car
Old 07-28-2009, 10:48 PM
Banned

Ok so a small update on things. I got a email today from UPS. My Header, Downpipe and Exhaust was shipped today. Considering CIA is approx. 816miles away from here it shouldnt take that long to get here. Hopefully it comes friday when i get paid and i can get it installed on the weekend. Dont know when im gonna be able to get the tune adjusted for it and dynoed though. I'm heading to Suffield (think thats how its spelt) to help with the test firing of the TOW missle system we installed on the LAV-III's. Also by that time the correct banjo bolt for my coolant line that i ordered from the dealership would be in. The one i bought from another shop didnt quite cut it, still have a small leak. Not enough that i have to always fill my coolant up but enough that i can smell coolant leaking in the engine bay.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:59 PM
Banned

Well my parts came in today. Spent most of the day working on the car, got the stock header, downpipe and exhaust out of the car. Then got the new header and downpipe into the car. 2 issues im having right now is the new exhaust has to be welded together so until i can get to a shop to get that welded im just going to use the "quick weld" stuff that comes in a tube, its ment for exhaust leaks/openings and i bought a clamp to help keep it closed for now. The second issue is the O2 sensor at the rear of the downpipe seems to be welded on. I tried lots of kano koil anti seize. This thing will not moved so it must be welded on. I got the header/dp installed, hooked up the 02 sensor on the header and the wideband to the downpipe. Started the car, no CEL and the wideband is reading good. Although alot of smoke is coming from the header, cant tell if its cuz the bolts arent tight enough or if its just oil burning off or the high temp paint coating on the header burning.

Tomorrow ill finish installing the exhaust and see if that quick weld will do the job until i can get the exhaust welded. Anyways heres some pictures...ill have more tomorrow.

Old 08-01-2009, 06:21 AM

sweet man but you should have spen the extra money and got stainless because after the first batch of salt everything is going to be rusted ask chris whitmore about his setup and how it rusted
Old 08-01-2009, 09:35 AM

nice cant wait to see what the car does...
Old 08-01-2009, 11:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DoMiStIc_RuSh_06
sweet man but you should have spen the extra money and got stainless because after the first batch of salt everything is going to be rusted ask chris whitmore about his setup and how it rusted
everything is stainless...lol. And they dont use salt up here, they use gravel.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:08 PM

that looks sweet dude.....she must be a beast now lol
Old 08-01-2009, 12:24 PM

the header and dp isnt lol but none the less i cant wait to hear a sound clip
Old 08-01-2009, 05:24 PM
Banned

Well i got the exhaust on...didnt take long. CEL finally came on for the missing 02 sensor. I really need to get to a shop and get those 2 spots welded....thing sounds like ass. Im embarassed to drive the car right now...thing is so loud and raspy...im hoping to god that will change when the 2 spots r welded and all the air goes into the muffler. Question for someone....when u first install header/dp is there suppose to be a weird smell and some smoke coming from the header? Something smells like its burning...could be the penitration oil burning off but last night and today when i went to the car wash there was quite abit of white smoke coming from the header area. Had a person tell me they think my engine was on fire...lol. Hoping thats just cuz everything is new and the oil is burning off.

I'm going to see if i can get the car in tues or wed to get the welds done...that quick weld didnt work...didnt think it would but oh well, worth a try. Jerren i do have a sound clip but like i said it sounds like ass cuz of the 2 leaks so im not posting it..lol. Couldnt tell if there was any power gain because i didnt go past 50% throttle and not over 4000rpm....thing is way to loud right now.

Ok here r some more pictures and i guess ill post 2 videos of what it sounds like. Keep in mind i do have 2 leaks that have to be welded...so keep the negitive comments to yourself. The first spot is after the downpipe and before the resinator. The second leak is after the resinator, before the muffler (right before the pipe goes over the axle. The tube slides into each other but still has to be welded. Also note that in the first video this is the first time starting the car up with everything on. Penitration oil at the header is still burning off and everything is new...so thats why there is so much black smoke at first. The second video im only going 50-75% throttle with the windows up....very loud.

Last edited by Snakes709; 08-01-2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-01-2009, 05:51 PM

nice its comming along great
Old 08-01-2009, 09:22 PM
Banned

thanks. I cut the o2 sensor out that was stuck in the stock dp....CEL should go out now. So now all that is left to do is get those 2 spots welded...change the tune abit and dyno this ****. Next mods im doing will be CF hood and trunk...havent decided if ill get those parts in the winter or next summer. Then ill get the engine internals, return style fuel system, 2.7 pulley and maybe a 3" intake and LS4 TB.
Old 08-02-2009, 03:18 AM

The smoke and smell *should* be normal. A fresh system thats never been installed on a car. Same thing happened to me. I would say give it a week or so or a dozen heat cycles.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:12 AM

wonder what it will make for numbers.
what are you intake temps
Old 08-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Banned

when steve tuned my car i didnt have the header/dp/exhaust...not that it really matters for iat2. But we got up to 24* of timing, no knock and after doing 3 pulls, back to back, to back on the high way it only got to a max of 140*. We would do about 3 pulls, pull over for about 5mins to cool down and make more changes to the tables. Once i get the exhaust welded and the banjo bolt comes in for the coolant leak. im going to get steve to adjust the tune a tiny bit...then go dyno. im hoping for 300whp or better

Last edited by Snakes709; 08-03-2009 at 01:28 PM.
Old 08-02-2009, 04:18 PM

make absolute .certain you get a tune now if you went from stock exhaust to 3". You will be lean on the top end now.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:08 PM
Banned

Small update. Called Speedy Muffler to ask about welding. They seemed like ****** so i said **** it. Call the dealership, they said they wont touch aftermarket exhausts. So while i was out i said "**** it, might as well stop by Midas and see what they charge" So i talked to them...it was 4:00pm today. They said come back at 5:00 and we will put the car on the lift and give u a estimate. Came back at 5...they put the car up...told me the price and started welding...took 30mins....$76 taxes in. Sounds alot better...still loud as hell but oh well. I now feel the power gain...******* thing pulls like a ****. And steve if u read this...not only do i need u to change the AFR abit...i think we need to do something about reduced boost. Cuz i have no traction in 1st gear gain...lol. Thing has quit abit more power, even lowering to 40% doesnt help me get traction anymore.

Because the hangers on the exhaust r abit smaller...the pipe moves/vibrates alot and its vibrating on the rear axle so i have to buy something to stiff up the hangers on the rubber pieces.

I'm still waiting for the banjo bolt from the dealership. When that comes in. Then ill find out when steve can make a few changes then dyno it. And then the fun part.....1/4 mile
Old 08-04-2009, 10:13 PM

sweet man glad shes coming along nicely...cant wait to see the finished product

Quick Reply: Snakes TVS Build