Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Canadian North East (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-north-east-110/)
-   -   Thought I Would Post Pics From Yesterdays Cruise (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-north-east-110/thought-i-would-post-pics-yesterdays-cruise-192667/)

Snakes709 10-18-2009 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by slowswap (Post 4387666)

Rice is simply exterior looks. Power does not make up for how the outside of the car looks....

I think you and many other people, use the term "rice" way to much. You see something on a car that you dont like....its rice....you see something on a car that isnt stock...its rice...you see something on a car, not knowing what the car has done to it...its rice.

SHUT THE FUCK UP with this rice bullshit. The term rice was pretty much made for the honda fags with 98whp and put a huge airplane wing on the back or huge ass hood scoop that provides no function at all....now its whenever there is anything that isnt stock on a car. Holy fuck....was my car rice because i had Gen 1 Halo Lights? Is my ZX6R rice because i have intergrated tail lights and a fender eliminator?

slowswap 10-18-2009 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes709 (Post 4387684)
I think you and many other people, use the term "rice" way to much. You see something on a car that you dont like....its rice....you see something on a car that isnt stock...its rice...you see something on a car, not knowing what the car has done to it...its rice.

SHUT THE FUCK UP with this rice bullshit. The term rice was pretty much made for the honda fags with 98whp and put a huge airplane wing on the back or huge ass hood scoop that provides no function at all....now its whenever there is anything that isnt stock on a car. Holy fuck....was my car rice because i had Gen 1 Halo Lights? Is my ZX6R rice because i have intergrated tail lights and a fender eliminator?

Rice is used for cars with hideous body kits and other bad choices of exterior mods. You can buy after market lip kits, wing and body kits that look perfectly good and flow with the car, but the cars in these pictures do not.

You sir have no idea what the word rice really means. And aftermarket headlights on a Cobalt are indeed a horrible decision in the exterior modification category.

Although I bet the ZX6R looks amazing.

Acey 10-18-2009 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by NS06G5 (Post 4387642)
Typical american thinking, mines better then yours, so go away. Ever hear of meet and greet, just to get together and not have a dick measuring contest. It's goddamed simple minded idiots, like you, that keep such simple minded thinking alive.

Here's an idea go fuck yourself! My fuck I hate americans.

I will refrain from putting it as bluntly as he did because it isn't really necessary, but as a Canadian I also find it to be a peculiar bunch of cars.

Cobalt_Daddy 10-18-2009 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes709 (Post 4387684)

i think you're all retarded lol ... pykie i like your balt... and some of the other cars where nice regardless of their make and model... it was a cruise for other people to appreciate other cars and the modifications and tastes of each individual ..

Snakes709 10-18-2009 12:36 PM

Anyways...back on topic. Fuck i wish i still lived on the east coast. Go on the cruise with my 370z would be nice...at least there was one Z there...lol. Chris did he have any mods do you know?

FastSSinNH 10-18-2009 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by pykie (Post 4387598)
Orange Tiberon makes 400WHP and 370Tq
Black Civic yea thats Rice
Red Corvette thats all stock options on that, Z06
My cobalt makes 217 whp and 213tq
accord in front h22a swap
rabbit in front thats his winter car because his accord is instorage

Are you trying to say that corvette is a ZO6? Sorry if I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

I think most of those cars are nice but slowswap is right on. Sometimes I wished I lived in canada so I could get my hands on a skyline :twothumbs

slowswap 10-18-2009 12:46 PM

That Corvette is not a Z06. You can tell by looking at the hood, unless he bought a stock hood on it....

Snakes709 10-18-2009 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by FastSSinNH (Post 4387721)
Are you trying to say that corvette is a ZO6? Sorry if I misunderstood what you were trying to say.

I think most of those cars are nice but slowswap is right on. Sometimes I wished I lived in canada so I could get my hands on a skyline :twothumbs

hell...if u want to move to canada, move to edmonton...theres tons of skylines and GTR's all over the place. Also there is way to many supra's....There is to many supra's, mustangs and evo's in edmonton.

pykie 10-18-2009 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by NS06G5 (Post 4387642)
Typical american thinking, mines better then yours, so go away. Ever hear of meet and greet, just to get together and not have a dick measuring contest. It's goddamed simple minded idiots, like you, that keep such simple minded thinking alive.

Here's an idea go fuck yourself! My fuck I hate americans.

Seems like people who build their cars for them selves are complete ricers eh?
pretty sad, the term ricer stands for all looks no go.
the cars that would class as a ricer on that cruise were really not.
the accord rims paint lights and lowered with an exhaust, maybe he is building the car up from the bottom and making something out of it.
but i guess in the states u can't deal with the fact that somone might now have 100,000 to put in there car.
thanks for the support.

Originally Posted by Snakes709 (Post 4387662)
i have to agree with everyone on the rims chris, the other ones looked alot better. Thats good that james family had his cavi out for a cruise...i've never seen in move away from the shop..lol. And to randizzle...im pretty sure that tib isnt race and can smoke your ass any day.

Also a note to jerren. If thats the same cobra i seen dyno when i was going to get tuned, he put down 435whp...pretty nice indeed

yes thats the car your talking about. the SVT Cobra

hatrickstu 10-18-2009 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by pykie (Post 4387733)
Seems like people who build their cars for them selves are complete ricers eh?
pretty sad, the term ricer stands for all looks no go.
the cars that would class as a ricer on that cruise were really not.
the accord rims paint lights and lowered with an exhaust, maybe he is building the car up from the bottom and making something out of it.
but i guess in the states u can't deal with the fact that somone might now have 100,000 to put in there car.
thanks for the support.

yes thats the car your talking about. the SVT Cobra

it doesnt have anything to do with being american or being canadian. your car is riced out, so are several of the others. just because you rock a turbo doesnt mean your shit dont stink

pykie 10-18-2009 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes709 (Post 4387709)
Anyways...back on topic. Fuck i wish i still lived on the east coast. Go on the cruise with my 370z would be nice...at least there was one Z there...lol. Chris did he have any mods do you know?

Thats Soderos new 350Z he has that 400whp teg that was the lowest teg around..
um whats done to it is intake rims, coilovers exhast, tint, and twin turbo kit in his house.

slowswap 10-18-2009 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu (Post 4387744)
it doesnt have anything to do with being american or being canadian. your car is riced out, so are several of the others. just because you rock a turbo doesnt mean your shit dont stink

:twothumbs

Rice use to stand for a car with looks and no go, but now it stands for a shitty looking car regardless of the power.

pykie 10-18-2009 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu (Post 4387744)

Oh the fact that my car is built to how i like it and i built it from the ground up calls it rice eh?
many many many times have i been told by owners of imports and domestics that my car is defently one of the nices cobalts around, also its something different.
unlike you, you bought a car from GM thats already forced induction, me, i built mine to be. so really who are you to sit here and call somone elses car rice when you bought a car already built, and u just added things to it?
And this goes for all you other people out there who bought a car thats all ready built for u and just added simple bolts on rather then building it ur self thats gonna sit here and dis on my car.

MikeyB 10-18-2009 12:57 PM

The supra IS300 and EP3 are diiirrtty!

That cobalt needs to be lowerd and get rid of those nasty tail lights.

pykie 10-18-2009 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by MikeyB (Post 4387765)
The supra IS300 and EP3 are diiirrtty!

That cobalt needs to be lowerd and get rid of those nasty tail lights.

Waiting on my coil overs they are on back order from stance because the 1st generation ones they put out was not lowering the cars well.
and i like my tail lights.

MikeyB 10-18-2009 12:59 PM

I just lost respect for you when you said "dis on my whip" wtf is that...

hatrickstu 10-18-2009 01:01 PM

if you really want to make the argument "well he doesnt have X amount of money to put into it yet" lets look at your car.

useless retarded shit:
body kit
altezzas
ss badges
ridiculously retarded looking wheel/tire package
blue painted calipers on a silver car with cf pieces

now, lets look at another car there, say... the integra? omg a honda, must be gay.
stock body, with a front end swap that flows beatutifully
aftermarket wheels with an appropriately sized tire
tastefully lowered

see my piont? the integra has just as much money in it as yours does yet it looks 1000 times better, and will smoke your ass

pykie 10-18-2009 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu (Post 4387783)
if you really want to make the argument "well he doesnt have X amount of money to put into it yet" lets look at your car.

useless retarded shit:
body kit
altezzas
ss badges
ridiculously retarded looking wheel/tire package
blue painted calipers on a silver car with cf pieces

now, lets look at another car there, say... the integra? omg a honda, must be gay.
stock body, with a front end swap that flows beatutifully
aftermarket wheels with an appropriately sized tire
tastefully lowered

see my piont? the integra has just as much money in it as yours does yet it looks 1000 times better, and will smoke your ass

Ya Tonys Teg will walk all over me with his 450whp and 387 tq lol
tony has a different taste then i do.
the reason why wheels so small is because they are whats on the rim when i bought them

Cobalt_Daddy 10-18-2009 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by pykie (Post 4387749)
Thats Soderos new 350Z he has that 400whp teg that was the lowest teg around..
um whats done to it is intake rims, coilovers exhast, tint, and twin turbo kit in his house.

who drives that blue jetta chris? i've seen it humm by before and that thing can move and sounds mean!

hatrickstu 10-18-2009 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by pykie (Post 4387763)
Oh the fact that my car is built to how i like it and i built it from the ground up calls it rice eh?
many many many times have i been told by owners of imports and domestics that my car is defently one of the nices cobalts around, also its something different.
unlike you, you bought a car from GM thats already forced induction, me, i built mine to be. so really who are you to sit here and call somone elses car rice when you bought a car already built, and u just added things to it?
And this goes for all you other people out there who bought a car thats all ready built for u and just added simple bolts on rather then building it ur self thats gonna sit here and dis on my car.

no the fact your car is ugly as shit makes it rice. its tacky and has no real theme. its terrible. you are all hung up on the fact that your car is turbo, and noone really cares because the fact everything else you have done to it ruins it. just because i bought mine FI doesnt mean shit. i have modified mine to go fast just as you have attempted too, but obviously ive done a much better job at that, and not ruining the rest of it.

hatrickstu 10-18-2009 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by pykie (Post 4387789)
tony has a different taste then i do.

this is my point. you have TERRIBLE taste in car modding. like seriously disgusting.

its also really funny you call that civic rice. why? because he has gay rims and ugly body mods. sounds alot like a cobalt in this thread. oh wait you have a turbo :rolleyes:

pykie 10-18-2009 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy (Post 4387797)
who drives that blue jetta chris? i've seen it humm by before and that thing can move and sounds mean!

Thats Lee Percell, it has the R32 AWD Swap in it V6

Originally Posted by hatrickstu (Post 4387813)
this is my point. you have TERRIBLE taste in car modding. like seriously disgusting.

its also really funny you call that civic rice. why? because he has gay rims and ugly body mods. sounds alot like a cobalt in this thread. oh wait you have a turbo :rolleyes:

Yea okay you can sit here rip on my car and how i built it all u want i really couldnt give a shit, my car is built it was a quick car, and next year when its built even more u will wish it was ur :) have a nice day

CptTheAlex 10-18-2009 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu (Post 4387813)

win:lock:

haha i really don't see him wishing your car was his lol. I don't care how fucking fast your car is or how much money you dump into it. Black is for the win and your car just looks bad all around

edit: i like stu's car as well as many other members cars (not yours) but still, STILL i like my car because its mine and i can do what i want with it and wouldn't trade it straight up for someone elses car period not matter what, i don't understand how you can say i don't care what other people think about my car and then say that he is gonna want your car after your done with it? If he wanted your car he would've imo gone the dis-tasteful route.

StageII07 10-18-2009 01:14 PM

Im sorry just gonna go back to that Accord in the pic..first off its hidious it looks better stock with diffrent color doors hood and steelies. and H22a swap dont mean jack shit. Ive beaten a civic with a H22 swap with an intake headers full exhaust retune new pistons and bigger injectors and the guy thinks its "fast". Its quick.. nothing special. but as far as the accord..im assuming it weighs more then a civic hatch soo its probably slow as shit.

hatrickstu 10-18-2009 01:15 PM

i would ride a pink bike with streamers that say "i take it in the ass" on them before i would drive your car.

hate to play this card, but.... why dont you take a look at the past VOTM winners. how many of them have cars that look anything remotely close to yours? none. you might also spy a familiar looking black one in there.