Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Canadian North East (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-north-east-110/)
-   -   Thought I Would Post Pics From Yesterdays Cruise (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-north-east-110/thought-i-would-post-pics-yesterdays-cruise-192667/)

pykie 10-18-2009 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu (Post 4387824)
i would ride a pink bike with streamers that say "i take it in the ass" on them before i would drive your car.

hate to play this card, but.... why dont you take a look at the past VOTM winners. how many of them have cars that look anything remotely close to yours? none. you might also spy a familiar looking black one in there.

oh yea? there was an orange one with same kit as mine, a green one, and silver one, as well as a red one all the same kit, so fuck off

Originally Posted by StageII07 (Post 4387821)
Im sorry just gonna go back to that Accord in the pic..first off its hidious it looks better stock with diffrent color doors hood and steelies. and H22a swap dont mean jack shit. Ive beaten a civic with a H22 swap with an intake headers full exhaust retune new pistons and bigger injectors and the guy thinks its "fast". Its quick.. nothing special. but as far as the accord..im assuming it weighs more then a civic hatch soo its probably slow as shit.

i agree the h22 swap is a poor idea, they have poor cylinders and need to be resleeved to make any power out of them, but if you do resleeve them then they are something to play with.
the accord prob is heavy but hey its something he built for him not you, or anyone else.
same as my car, was built for me, no one else.

FastSSinNH 10-18-2009 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu (Post 4387824)
i would ride a pink bike with streamers that say "i take it in the ass" on them before i would drive your car.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Trueeeee dat.

Mr_Slobalt 10-18-2009 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by NS06G5 (Post 4387642)
Typical american thinking, mines better then yours, so go away. Ever hear of meet and greet, just to get together and not have a dick measuring contest. It's goddamed simple minded idiots, like you, that keep such simple minded thinking alive.

Here's an idea go fuck yourself! My fuck I hate americans.

Cool pics. It would be nice to have a cruise like that around here sometime.

PS- Not all :usa: are assholes. ;)

CptTheAlex 10-18-2009 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Slobalt (Post 4387843)

Stop lying to him yes we are.

slowswap 10-18-2009 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mr_Slobalt (Post 4387843)

We're not assholes, we're just telling the cold hard truth. People just can't handle the truth.

CptTheAlex 10-18-2009 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by slowswap (Post 4387850)
We're not assholes, we're just telling the cold hard truth. People just can't handle the truth.

Well that would make us assholes, because obviously the people he hangs around with are sugarcoating it and telling him "its the best looking cobalt they have ever seen" when in reality yeah no...

slowswap 10-18-2009 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by CptTheAlex (Post 4387872)
Well that would make us assholes, because obviously the people he hangs around with are sugarcoating it and telling him "its the best looking cobalt they have ever seen" when in reality yeah no...

I'd call a liar an asshole, not the person laying it on the table like it is.

hatrickstu 10-18-2009 01:33 PM

i keeps it real, sorry if it hurts feelings.

Snakes709 10-18-2009 01:36 PM

would you people stfu....who cares what chris's are looks like. Not everyone is going to like everything on everyones cars....stu i dont like how you painted your rims, chris i dont like how you have ss tags on your car, my old cobalt...i didnt like how i had 4 holes in the trunk, i dont like how my 370z looks like it has a fat ass. Holy fuck people...grow up and get a life. If chris wants to build his car that way, then let him. You guys still live in the day where you think chris has to ask permission to add something to his car just because you might think it looks good or doesnt look good. I'm not saying agree with everything chris does...but god damnit, its his decision...let him be and go do what YOU want to YOUR cobalt.

hatrickstu 10-18-2009 01:40 PM

we are equally inclined to comment on his free choice in car modding. its a give and take. you give us a shitty car, we take its respect.

just for shits: i also dont think my wheels are the best looking around. i believe they flow well with my car, but honestly im not wasting my money on wheels that look gay and until we get more options or a bolt pattern swap, i wont buy different wheels.

Snakes709 10-18-2009 01:41 PM

yea you can comment but leave it at that, you dont need to make 4 pages on a thread, repeating how it looks like shit. Make your comment, good or bad and then get the fuck out.

God damn, i can see why kevin, andrew and rebecca dont come on here anymore...this forum is a fucking joke now-a-days

hatrickstu 10-18-2009 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes709 (Post 4387907)
yea you can comment but leave it at that, you dont need to make 4 pages on a thread, repeating how it looks like shit. Make your comment, good or bad and then get the fuck out.

God damn, i can see why kevin, andrew and rebecca dont come on here anymore...this forum is a fucking joke now-a-days

if those people were like the OP, then...

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...1127/borat.jpg

slowswap 10-18-2009 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu (Post 4387915)

http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/200...1127/borat.jpg

Win!

SlowBalt_06 10-18-2009 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by pykie (Post 4387763)
Oh the fact that my car is built to how i like it and i built it from the ground up calls it rice eh?
many many many times have i been told by owners of imports and domestics that my car is defently one of the nices cobalts around, also its something different.
unlike you, you bought a car from GM thats already forced induction, me, i built mine to be. so really who are you to sit here and call somone elses car rice when you bought a car already built, and u just added things to it?
And this goes for all you other people out there who bought a car thats all ready built for u and just added simple bolts on rather then building it ur self thats gonna sit here and dis on my car.

why are you acting like you built a 800 whp monster... sig says 217.....hmmm...bodykit with a hack job fit, paint...ss badges...and sitting on f-350 truck suspension.....you sir....rice

piratemosh666 10-18-2009 02:02 PM

This popcorn's good. Anyone want some?

cougar2588 10-18-2009 02:04 PM

look, pykie, i understand that you want to go your own route with modding your car and i respect that. you want to stand out and not fall into the general crowd. but, look at it this way.

you have ss badges on a car that IS NOT an SS....why not take the SS badges off so that ppl realize how much you have actually done to your base model? the way i see it, when i see a ss pushing only 217 whp, i think, big fucking deal. but when i see a base model pushing 217 whp, i think hmm nice turbo build.

as for the exterior, im speechless....the pictures do all the talking. im trying to figure out what possessed you to buy a set of rims/tires that look that odd on the car...i dont care how cheap they were. and your side skirts and carbon fiber hood dont even flow smoothly...they aren't fitted right at all.

but like i said, its your car, so go about modding it how you wish. and kudos to you on the 217 whp build. its a shame you wrecked the exterior though.

JohnnySasakiMGS 10-18-2009 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by cougar2588 (Post 4387968)
look, pykie, i understand that you want to go your own route with modding your car and i respect that. you want to stand out and not fall into the general crowd. but, look at it this way.

you have ss badges on a car that IS NOT an SS....why not take the SS badges off so that ppl realize how much you have actually done to your base model? the way i see it, when i see a ss pushing only 217 whp, i think, big fucking deal. but when i see a base model pushing 217 whp, i think hmm nice turbo build.

as for the exterior, im speechless....the pictures do all the talking. im trying to figure out what possessed you to buy a set of rims/tires that look that odd on the car...i dont care how cheap they were. and your side skirts and carbon fiber hood dont even flow smoothly...they aren't fitted right at all.

but like i said, its your car, so go about modding it how you wish. and kudos to you on the 217 whp build. its a shame you wrecked the exterior though.

X2. The rear drum brakes and the 2 feet of wheel gap kinda give it away too. At least the bodt kit is painted. It doesnt match but at least its painted.

Scythe_Snake 10-18-2009 02:32 PM

As said before, some of the cars are nice, some are not my taste at all. But to each his own.

To pykie, as many said before bro, your car is what it is, don't try to say its an SS, show people how much work you've put into your base model man. And the wheel choice I would also have to say isn't the best man. The wheel gap makes it look odd and rather distasteful. Put some bigger tires on it to make it up and lower it a ways and clean it up a little here and there, and you'll be ok.

And yeah other people who were COTM have the same body kit you do, but they also had their exterior in order to man. Keep working at it. You'll get it. :)

Enuff_Said 10-18-2009 02:36 PM

truthfully I wasn't impressed with any of them. All I see are a bunch of 10-15 year old cars with body kits for the most part.

Snakes709 10-18-2009 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu (Post 4387915)

actualy no they arent....kevin probably has more knowledge on cars then you do. But he is sick of the bs that goes on, on this css.net ....to many childish kids on here.

Razor564 10-18-2009 03:49 PM

I love the blue jetta, the black and white supras, and the cobra. I'll be honest before I read the thread and I was looking at the pics I was laughing at the cobalt. But fuck it to each their own.

Gestapo007 10-18-2009 04:03 PM

....BAAAHAHAHAHAHA

omg after seeing the supra and vette, i was like I wonder what this cobalt is gonna look like. I face palmed so hard i almost knocked myself out :lol:

no offense though, i know you heard it all so far.

Snakes709 10-18-2009 06:57 PM

i love how people are knocking on the vette but yet that car is 1000x better then any cobalt on this site

Acey 10-18-2009 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by CptTheAlex (Post 4387847)
Stop lying to him yes we are.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Originally Posted by cougar2588 (Post 4387968)

This. This is some bible shit right here. This statement IMO should be motivation for all 2.2's who have put SS badges on take them off because without them, your 200 hp will show for what it really is... a 50 hp gain over stock. By claiming you are an SS, you are nullifying your gains by claiming to have originally been a 200 hp car.

cougar2588 10-18-2009 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Acey (Post 4388874)
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This. This is some bible shit right here. This statement IMO should be motivation for all 2.2's who have put SS badges on take them off because without them, your 200 hp will show for what it really is... a 50 hp gain over stock. By claiming you are an SS, you are nullifying your gains by claiming to have originally been a 200 hp car.

:cool: lol