Cobalt SS Network

Cobalt SS Network (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/)
-   Canadian North East (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-north-east-110/)
-   -   Thought I Would Post Pics From Yesterdays Cruise (https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/canadian-north-east-110/thought-i-would-post-pics-yesterdays-cruise-192667/)

pykie 10-19-2009 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by cougar2588 (Post 4387968)
look, pykie, i understand that you want to go your own route with modding your car and i respect that. you want to stand out and not fall into the general crowd. but, look at it this way.

you have ss badges on a car that IS NOT an SS....why not take the SS badges off so that ppl realize how much you have actually done to your base model? the way i see it, when i see a ss pushing only 217 whp, i think, big fucking deal. but when i see a base model pushing 217 whp, i think hmm nice turbo build.

as for the exterior, im speechless....the pictures do all the talking. im trying to figure out what possessed you to buy a set of rims/tires that look that odd on the car...i dont care how cheap they were. and your side skirts and carbon fiber hood dont even flow smoothly...they aren't fitted right at all.

but like i said, its your car, so go about modding it how you wish. and kudos to you on the 217 whp build. its a shame you wrecked the exterior though.

The reason why i put the SS badges on my car is because i liked the looks of them.
the hood fit the car perfect but now with the charge pipe and wherei mounted the BOV the bov bows it i tried to fix it but i gave up.
side skirts fit perfect with a little bit of a gap on the back side but thats once again my fault i drilled the hole wrong.
the rims, i love the rims on the car right now, i always loved these rims, im actually happy they have a 215/35/18 on them because when i turn right now they rub on my front bumper. some reason the front bumper close to the bottom curls inward and the tire hits off it.
but like i been saying time after time the car is not staying silver, this winter im painting it
the rims would look way better if it was lowered. but i sold my springs and i was ordering coilovers but they fucked up and im waiting for the second gen of stance coil overs to come out.

Acey 10-19-2009 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by pykie (Post 4389783)
The reason why i put the SS badges on my car is because i liked the looks of them.

Bullshit. That doesn't make sense. What's the real reason?

boost_junkie16 10-19-2009 11:58 PM

Any of you that have spent any sort of time on lowmotion knows these cars. You guys know the time and money that's been sunk into them. The tib works extremely well, we cruised with him up to the antigonish car show a while back. The teg is done very very well with an incredible amount of detail on the little things. Yes, that green accord isn't my style but that's what the guy likes. He's not rich, neither are alot of us. Chris built his car over the winter in a damn storage container. For not being real knowledgable at first I think he's done a pretty good job giving the circumstances. Yes he kind of took a step backwards after he blew his transmission but he's working his way back again. Just because not all these cars are new or $30,000+ doesn't mean they aren't nice.

Snakes... Sodero picked up his Z in Toronto a couple weeks ago. Mods to date are:
Hotchkis Sway bars
AAM plenum spacer
jwt intake
koni yellows
dc ss header
AAM reflash
AAM y pipe
gt spec rear subframe brace
hotchkis springs
some sort of aftermarket rims

revolution607@yahoo. 10-20-2009 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu (Post 4387824)
i would ride a pink bike with streamers that say "i take it in the ass" on them before i would drive your car.

hate to play this card, but.... why dont you take a look at the past VOTM winners. how many of them have cars that look anything remotely close to yours? none. you might also spy a familiar looking black one in there.

lmao thats got to be the funniest thing ive ever read in this forum!

hatrickstu 10-20-2009 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by Acey (Post 4389790)

thankfully someone can keep the call outs rolling while im gone lol. def. a good bullshti call :lol:

Originally Posted by revolution607@yahoo. (Post 4391870)
lmao thats got to be the funniest thing ive ever read in this forum!

i do what i can

mrfreez 10-20-2009 09:24 AM

Wow, this thread really blew up, lol!

Funny thing is pykie is hanging around with Lowmotion. The import car club. Their rules state that you can't be a full member unless you own an import. They also think their cars are the best regardless of how good a domestic is! They said the following member of our club's car was a piece of crap:

http://gmtunerz.ca/pasmagazine/jonathon/jonathon.jpg
It runs low 10's.

The guy with the orange Tiburon is cool as shit though. Talked to him alot. He also has a wicked engine in his car, and built it from the ground up.

As for the cars, some of them are nice and some of them are pure rice. The only bad thing is most oftheir attitudes reflects that of a real ricer. I was at a car show this year with my Camaro and a guy with an old silver civic that was dented called my car a piece of crap! That's the mentality we deal with all the time. It's funny too how they let people with domestics go to shows and events with them though if they like the person. The import scene here has a really bad name and that's part of the reason why many people here don't like the import scene. If the import drivers were as nice as the ones I've hung out with in Ontario, Quebec, and the US then things would be alot different.

Snakes709 10-20-2009 01:53 PM

why cant we all just get along, import, domestic, muscle...its the same thing, its a car and has 4 wheels. My mentality didnt change at all when i went from domestic to import...i dont really car what it is.

boost_junkie16 10-20-2009 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes709 (Post 4392911)
why cant we all just get along, import, domestic, muscle...its the same thing, its a car and has 4 wheels. My mentality didnt change at all when i went from domestic to import...i dont really car what it is.

Exactly, domestic or import it's still a car. Most of my friends drive imports but they don't hate me for driving a domestic haha. We're all in the scene because we love cars, why bother splitting the group in half because of what make your car is? I appreciate a nice integra the same as I appreciate a nice cobalt or even a nice trans am. They're all nice in their own way.

BumbleBee 10-20-2009 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by NS06G5 (Post 4387642)
Typical american thinking, mines better then yours, so go away. Ever hear of meet and greet, just to get together and not have a dick measuring contest. It's goddamed simple minded idiots, like you, that keep such simple minded thinking alive.

Here's an idea go fuck yourself! My fuck I hate americans.

so this guys opinion means typical american? go fucking die. please. you are killing people on the road who faint at the sight of your car.

mrfreez 10-20-2009 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by boost_junkie16 (Post 4393416)
We're all in the scene because we love cars, why bother splitting the group in half because of what make your car is? I appreciate a nice integra the same as I appreciate a nice cobalt or even a nice trans am. They're all nice in their own way.

I agree, I just wish more people shared the same views.

BumbleBee 10-20-2009 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by Snakes709 (Post 4387891)
would you people stfu....who cares what chris's are looks like. Not everyone is going to like everything on everyones cars....stu i dont like how you painted your rims, chris i dont like how you have ss tags on your car, my old cobalt...i didnt like how i had 4 holes in the trunk, i dont like how my 370z looks like it has a fat ass. Holy fuck people...grow up and get a life. If chris wants to build his car that way, then let him. You guys still live in the day where you think chris has to ask permission to add something to his car just because you might think it looks good or doesnt look good. I'm not saying agree with everything chris does...but god damnit, its his decision...let him be and go do what YOU want to YOUR cobalt.

no ones stopping him from making it how he wants, we are just saying its ugly as sin.

FastSSinNH 10-20-2009 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Acey (Post 4389790)

Seriously.

ns_monte 10-21-2009 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Snakes709 (Post 4392911)

I agree 100% it's retarted sometimes and people should fuck off and leave chris alone its his car and he can do what he wants...he shouldn't have to listen to you red necks go on how you dont like it.
thanks yall have a nice day now ya hear!:lol:

Judder 10-21-2009 12:01 PM

Regional forums should be locked to people from that region.

There was a good turn out for that meet for sure, wish we could get that many cobalts all to show up at once.

slowswap 10-21-2009 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by ns_monte (Post 4394710)
I agree 100% it's retarted sometimes and people should fuck off and leave chris alone its his car and he can do what he wants...he shouldn't have to listen to you red necks go on how you dont like it.
thanks yall have a nice day now ya hear!:lol:

No one is telling him he can't do what he wants, we're just telling him its ugly as sin, eh? And I'm not a redneck, I live 40 kilometers from the Canadian boreder, eh?

PS: I added some helpful Canadian terms to help you better understand, eh? :lol:

ericgt79 10-21-2009 12:25 PM

LMFAO this entire thread is fucken comedy. if i was drinking milk it would have came out my nose.. some of you guys are harsh, funny thing is when i saw the pics load i was like wtf is this crap.

LOL he hates americans now cus of you fucks, even tho canada is baby america.

oh yea and i probably wouldnt have told anyone i drive a accord cus my other honda is put up for the winter. LMAO not something im gonna admit. one thought comes to mind tho if you've ever seen employee of the month.

THIS IS AN 86 HONDA!!! HOW DARE YOU!

ns_monte 10-21-2009 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by slowswap (Post 4395024)
No one is telling him he can't do what he wants, we're just telling him its ugly as sin, eh? And I'm not a redneck, I live 40 kilometers from the Canadian boreder, eh?

PS: I added some helpful Canadian terms to help you better understand, eh? :lol:

Well aint that a shame!! ehh! you must get alot of ehs eh??? may start to pick that up or something eh btw your the biggest tool iv'e ever seen well mabey the smallest to other people you dont give it up how fucking old are you like really? :spam::lol:
PS
EH?;)

piratemosh666 10-21-2009 02:38 PM

:lol: This.

pykie 10-21-2009 03:48 PM

I agree with alot of people i dont understand why all car owners cant get along?
well alot of the times we all do. just gotta look around.
its funny
all my friends are import owners pretty much, and we all chill at superstore and one of the biggest things they said is how its nice to see domestics and imports hanging out in one area all together.
sure enough there was a few DOMESTIC owners who were there that were hating on the imports and wouldnt come talk..
But when it comes down to it, they will say they wouldnt talk to them but they would talk to everyone else.
i hang out in the import picture, because i am welcomed there. as well as many other domestics. and im sure many morewould too if they were not so hot headed...

Snakes709 10-21-2009 06:24 PM

lol...well you are going to have another import in the group at superstore. I have 2 years of my contract left...once up im changing over to the air force or navy so i can get a posting in halifax...fucking hate it out here.

curriet1 10-21-2009 07:39 PM

first of all, you spelled border wrong, and i think i know why, *cough* American. and second, you should stay 40 km from the Canadian border, because we don't want you here if your going to say shit like that.

other than reading the last page, there was so much nonsense i couldn't force myself to read past page one. if someone in the Canada North East section posts pictures of their cruise, why do you Americans feel invited to come trash talk all day long ?

i haven't been able to figure that out since i joined this site. I assume i will never figure this out because you guys across the "boreder" will most likely never change..

my 2 cents.

BlackJackSS 10-21-2009 07:45 PM

damn ur getting hammered on the looks of the cobalt, so that makes me feel less like a dick when i say i dont like it either. its ugly.

RA040424 10-21-2009 10:19 PM

I know the Kanye stuff is old but I figured I would....

https://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c...ololcruise.jpg

:) :) :)

But in all seriousness, it's your car, you can do whatever the hell you want to it. I don't think it looks that bad, you just need bigger tires and need to drop it severely bad. And the tail lights arent my taste but they are yours so that's your call.

curriet1 10-21-2009 11:39 PM

i wish i was cool enough to sit on photoshop all day long and make kanye west pictures... :thumbsdow

RA040424 10-21-2009 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by curriet1 (Post 4396784)
i wish i was cool enough to sit on photoshop all day long and make kanye west pictures... :thumbsdow

That chop took me literally 2 minutes.. and you are right you AREN'T cool enough :thumbsdow

Didn't want to exclude you form the kanye fun, since its all I do with my self.

https://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c.../douchebag.jpg