Crate Engine Depot Crate Engine Depot is a proud Supporting Vendor

HIN 2008 National Tour Chicago May 10th

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 11:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wish i coulda been there
Old 05-11-2008, 11:32 AM

It was pretty good times. Brandon, it was good meetin ya man..sucks about your phone though. And Tom, the goodie bag was sweet! I'm lovin the hat and shirt. And now I can spend some money at CED, and throw them decals on. Hope all had a good time!
Old 05-11-2008, 12:01 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by fastfreddy7
I had a great time, even though I pretty much missed the actual meet at CED. Thanks again to Tom for putting this together for us, the gift bags were a nice bonus, on top of getting to meet some really cool people. Ryan, thanks for the compliment on my exhaust, it s nice to hear it.
Your exhaust DOES sound like sex man! And your balt looks good. Be proud man! Nice meeting you!

Originally Posted by nhcobalt
thanks again for having us join you. i appreciate the goody bag. thanks to everybody that came.
Nice having fun with ya nick. We gotta getcha your decals!

Originally Posted by Super_SS
it was nice
Was it nice beating up on the silver balt with the exhaust?

Originally Posted by zay52790
it was really fun, thanks alot to tom at CED for setting it up and getting the tickets and everything, btw i have pics/vids from the cruise to HIN and the show that ill post up latr,
Yeah things were really nice! Post up the videos!

Yea defiantly post the vids up. I wanna see me vs that stg 2 balt.
Who had stage two that you raced? The yellow ss/sc, Peter?

Originally Posted by 06BrandonSS
Had a kick ass time at the show! Once again, thank you Tom for everything you helped me out with this past week getting me in. It was a blast being part of the GM booth and couldnt have asked for more. I really appreciate it, hope everyone else had fun too. And Nick, thanks for getting the girls to take pics with my car! lol
Brandon you rocked out hard man! T4B and everyone was so proud of you!

Originally Posted by aveoturbo
wish i coulda been there
Yeah man! What happened to ya? I was looking forward to meeting you!

Originally Posted by YellowSS06
It was pretty good times. Brandon, it was good meetin ya man..sucks about your phone though. And Tom, the goodie bag was sweet! I'm lovin the hat and shirt. And now I can spend some money at CED, and throw them decals on. Hope all had a good time!
You were there? I think I missed meeting you man!

All in all it was a great meet! thanks tom/CED for always giving us so much support! Even with 30 minutes at a toll booth and a revving match with the Si that I SO WANTED TO RACE!!!

Also I noticed no TR members showed up..hmmm...that says something.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Your exhaust DOES sound like sex man! And your balt looks good. Be proud man! Nice meeting you!

Nice having fun with ya nick. We gotta getcha your decals!

Was it nice beating up on the silver balt with the exhaust?

Yeah things were really nice! Post up the videos!

Who had stage two that you raced? The yellow ss/sc, Peter?

Brandon you rocked out hard man! T4B and everyone was so proud of you!

Yeah man! What happened to ya? I was looking forward to meeting you!

All in all it was a great meet! thanks tom/CED for always giving us so much support! Even with 30 minutes at a toll booth and a revving match with the Si that I SO WANTED TO RACE!!!

Also I noticed no TR members showed up..hmmm...that says something.
that red balt, we are good friends, i wanted to see how much i stand against a stg 2 balt...i was quite impressed even with my brother inside the car.

for me the best part was the drive on highway, the traffic did suck, the tunnel part was pretty cool.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:31 PM

we tried to get the kit completed and ready in time but we kept running into small problems that we would have to run to the store for or run all the way acrossed chicago for. we devoted at least 24 hours of total work time trying to get the kit in, and that doesnt include travel time. we were pretty pissed to say the least. we got alot done to the kit but the whole weekend was sort of a fail because we couldnt get down there. sorry guys, but, if remember correctly there is a dyno day coming up in Milwaukee, so i hope to show up there but i dont have any details. /end hijack
Old 05-11-2008, 01:37 PM

Hey it was nice meeting you too dude, thanks for the compliments and everything, hoping to get a new phone today lol.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by aveoturbo
we tried to get the kit completed and ready in time but we kept running into small problems that we would have to run to the store for or run all the way acrossed chicago for. we devoted at least 24 hours of total work time trying to get the kit in, and that doesnt include travel time. we were pretty pissed to say the least. we got alot done to the kit but the whole weekend was sort of a fail because we couldnt get down there. sorry guys, but, if remember correctly there is a dyno day coming up in Milwaukee, so i hope to show up there but i dont have any details. /end hijack
ill get ya details when i find out

yea i ended up not coming because 1, I didnt feel like driving down all by myself. 2. i got my smaller pulley so i put that on and did some tuning. I know i missed a hella good time.

Last edited by Cobalt_SSTuner; 05-11-2008 at 01:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-11-2008, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Yeah, I was there wondering aimlessly around the GM booth, waiting to see what was going on. I tried to make myself look obvious by having my lanyard hanging out of my pocket, but no one paid attention. But yeah, Brandon is the only Balt owner that I met. But, there's always future shows.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Former Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 16 Posts
Hey, this is the first chance I've had since last nights HIN show. I really didn't know what to expect but right from the start when I got to CED I knew it was going to be fun when a ton of you guys beat me there.
Now that we all know how to swap out a grill kit thanks to Efren. I wish I had my camera for the cruse down town, not too often I see Cobalt's flying past me one on either side lol.
I had no idea how big that show could be. Thanks for everyone that was able to join in. I also want to thank GM Performance Division and Chevrolet Racing for hosting and supplying the goodie bags and entry to the event.

Sorry I didn't have my camera but I can't wait to see the pics everyone else took.

Big thank you to everyone that came along, it was great meeting more of you, and I am looking forward to the next meet.
Old 05-11-2008, 08:25 PM
Banned

ya i had alot of fun,even on the side of the highway,i had fun waiting for the group...its funny to see cobalts cutting people off just to catch up...good job fella's,and tom tx again for the tickets,and bags...ill defenatly go again...even tho im an ex-cobalt fan,i had alot of fun when i had the car
Old 05-11-2008, 10:21 PM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Cobalt_SSTuner
ill get ya details when i find out

yea i ended up not coming because 1, I didnt feel like driving down all by myself. 2. i got my smaller pulley so i put that on and did some tuning. I know i missed a hella good time.

Its cause you're part of TR.....

Yeah, I was there wondering aimlessly around the GM booth, waiting to see what was going on. I tried to make myself look obvious by having my lanyard hanging out of my pocket, but no one paid attention. But yeah, Brandon is the only Balt owner that I met. But, there's always future shows.
Sorry we missed ya man! Next time.

ya i had alot of fun,even on the side of the highway,i had fun waiting for the group...its funny to see cobalts cutting people off just to catch up...good job fella's,and tom tx again for the tickets,and bags...ill defenatly go again...even tho im an ex-cobalt fan,i had alot of fun when i had the car
Yeah man its always good to see ya. I had fun getting killed. I don't mind losing to good, sexy sounding cars. That tunnel part made me car-gasm. You have no choice but to stick around, you're famous...or..infamous? Whichever, you rock!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Banned

thanks thanks. cant wait till next HIN or even cruise...buahah backfire tunnel ftw!
Old 05-11-2008, 10:50 PM

Zay, where are those pics and vids?!
Old 05-12-2008, 03:18 AM

kick ass time, I think GM had the hottest girl at the show. Tom thanks again! Brandon your car looked nice as hell especially with the hot girls.