Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

2.2 clutch suggestions!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2.2 clutch suggestions!!!!

Ok here is a back ground story of why I am debating on buying a new clutch!

My car has 42,000 miles. I installed my exedy stg2 clutch w/ exedy light weight flywheel at 18,000 miles. (3 puck)

The clutch pedal has always been stiff as a ****** f'er. I have never had any problems until recently blowing out my clutch master cylinder in my firewall.

After a lot of investigating, and after replacing my clutch master cylinder, I have noticed that when the clutch is pressed in, the amount of pressure is making my clutch master cylinder move in and out making the firewall start to crack ever so slightly.

The cylinder locks into the firewall like a light bulb socket. (if anyone didn't know)

The firewall is very thin and now the small tabs that do hold the master cylinder in are becoming more and more weak.

I am afraid that one of these days I am going to shift and the clutch master cylinder is just going to push right out of the firewall causing the tabs to break and or butterfly out.

I will add some pics to try and explain the situation better!

my thoughts are to get a different clutch that has stock pedal pressure to relieve some of that stress on the firewall.

I don't know what clutch to get and what clutches feel like stock.

any and all suggestions and or experiences with certain clutches will be greatly appreciated.

I am turbo so I cannot go back to stock!

thanks css

I may just trade the car in during spring but I still have a soft spot in my heart to keep the balt.

It is now a safety concern of mine, as I don't want to pull out of an intersection go into 2nd, cylinder blow through, I loose all pedal, and cause an accident.

Thanks css!

BEFORE POSTING PLEASE REMEMBER THAT I AM F23 NOT THE F35.....
Old 01-19-2014, 03:38 PM

KY stage 2. my KY stage 3 feels just like stock, and the KY stage 1 I had originally was lighter than stock.

but you really should fix the route of the problem, have the firewall fixed. any decent body guy with a welder should be able to fix it properly
Old 01-19-2014, 03:46 PM

I am looking into the firewall fixing issue trust me.

car has been stored all winter so I may tear the master cylinder back out and have my fiancé dad weld it. ( he is a welder for a living)

I know it has nothing to do with my TOB, clutch or flywheel. The system bleeds perfectly fine. I honestly believe it is bc that damn clutch is a beast.

bumper to bumper traffic. yea my left leg gets a work out haha
Old 01-22-2014, 05:17 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by noorj
KY stage 2. my KY stage 3 feels just like stock, and the KY stage 1 I had originally was lighter than stock.

but you really should fix the route of the problem, have the firewall fixed. any decent body guy with a welder should be able to fix it properly
Good suggestion on the KY stage 2 for the OP setup.