Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Anyone make a firmer mount set for the LNF

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 01:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone make a firmer mount set for the LNF

I dont want the TTR kits, they're excessive and will shake\vibrate the car to pieces I've experienced them!!! Very bad...

Thx
Old 12-07-2008, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SportredSS
I dont want the TTR kits, they're excessive and will shake\vibrate the car to pieces I've experienced them!!! Very bad...

Thx
OTTP will do it call or email Josh
Old 12-07-2008, 06:45 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Why are you buying mounts for your POS Cobalt that youre contemplating getting rid of??
Old 12-07-2008, 09:18 PM
Banned

Thx
You're not going to get firmer mounts without vibrations. That's just how the work.
Old 12-07-2008, 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Dainslaif
You're not going to get firmer mounts without vibrations. That's just how the work.
well here i am disagreeing with you. i got it you are right ... there is no question the frequency changes it is a question of what someone can live with. The LNF mounts stock i have tried in my redline. they change the frequency of vibration. The dont change the location of the engine. I didnt like it so i changed back to lsj inserts at the back and my special front. I liked that and power hop is still gone.

But i have one customer i am working with that still has hop; i am interested in figuring that one out. there are so many other things to deal with in terms of power hop, once the root cause is fixed there are issues like tire pressure, (he had too much) road surface, (cant do much about that,should be able to handle that) condition of the car in terms of damping (shocks bad? Strut mounts/bearings shot?) or control arms loose (bushings shot?) etc. or upper mounts broken or too rigid, etc etc. hard to do it all on the internet....etc
Old 01-09-2009, 12:59 AM

Exactly

Originally Posted by qwikredline
well here i am disagreeing with you. i got it you are right ... there is no question the frequency changes it is a question of what someone can live with. The LNF mounts stock i have tried in my redline. they change the frequency of vibration. The dont change the location of the engine. I didnt like it so i changed back to lsj inserts at the back and my special front. I liked that and power hop is still gone.

But i have one customer i am working with that still has hop; i am interested in figuring that one out. there are so many other things to deal with in terms of power hop, once the root cause is fixed there are issues like tire pressure, (he had too much) road surface, (cant do much about that,should be able to handle that) condition of the car in terms of damping (shocks bad? Strut mounts/bearings shot?) or control arms loose (bushings shot?) etc. or upper mounts broken or too rigid, etc etc. hard to do it all on the internet....etc
I agree..... My buddy FF_ace has 297 whp on his LNF and he has TTR mounts and eibachs and he still has a good bit of wheel spin in 1'n'2 gears still!!!! The down sid eto the TTR mounts is that his car is now developing rattles, and squeaks on the interior from being to firm... The damn car seems like it may rattle apart soon..... To bad pedders doesn't make suspension\bushing for these cars....Seems the LNF with anything more than 280 whp will always have a wheel hop\traction issue unless you drive with slicks on the road in your DD...
Old 01-10-2009, 03:35 PM

I agree..... My buddy FF_ace has 297 whp on his LNF and he has TTR mounts and eibachs and he still has a good bit of wheel spin in 1'n'2 gears still!!!! The down sid eto the TTR mounts is that his car is now developing rattles, and squeaks on the interior from being to firm... The damn car seems like it may rattle apart soon..... To bad pedders doesn't make suspension\bushing for these cars....Seems the LNF with anything more than 280 whp will always have a wheel hop\traction issue unless you drive with slicks on the road in your DD...
contsact Josh OTTP he is shipping the solution...no vibes in stage 1 idle vibes only stage 2 good luck...
Old 01-10-2009, 03:37 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
wake up call...FWD. Go rear or dont complain..
Old 01-10-2009, 03:56 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
contsact Josh OTTP he is shipping the solution...no vibes in stage 1 idle vibes only stage 2 good luck...
That would be another choice, but lets be serious, vibs only at idle? Solid/poly mounts also only have vibs at idle also... After that the engine has less "harmonic" vibrations and neither will have vibs. That is why some will raise their RPM a few hundered RPM, and the vibs go away, even with poly mounts...

If you dont want your car taking a chance to have vibs, CEL, etc, DONT MODIFY/TOUCH YOUR CAR... Pretty simple....

Originally Posted by mkulrey13
wake up call...FWD. Go rear or dont complain..
LOL yes that is a very true statement, most all FWD have this issue.

Last edited by TurboTechRacing; 01-10-2009 at 03:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-11-2009, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing
That would be another choice, but lets be serious, vibs only at idle? Solid/poly mounts also only have vibs at idle also... After that the engine has less "harmonic" vibrations and neither will have vibs. That is why some will raise their RPM a few hundered RPM, and the vibs go away, even with poly mounts...

If you dont want your car taking a chance to have vibs, CEL, etc, DONT MODIFY/TOUCH YOUR CAR... Pretty simple....

it is not worth discussing with you Aaron, a vendor,about parts you choose to comment on that you have no knowledge of, no data on, no test results. Josh has the parts. So do a group of satisified customers. Good day.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:59 AM
Former Vendor

it is not worth discussing with you Aaron, a vendor,about parts you choose to comment on that you have no knowledge of, no data on, no test results. Josh has the parts. So do a group of satisified customers. Good day.
Oh time has proven BOTH mounts work well. Look around members that have one or the other mounts, both like that the wheel hop is gone. Look over at the Redline forums, they will state the TTR mount has eliminated their wheel hop, but the side effect is vibs. You dont seem to bash them over there for saying that. You also have a good product dont get us wrong. Just stating about VIBS here. Increasing your RPM helps eliminate the VIBS, that was our only point. Also some dont mind the vibs either. You have Vibs with the Stage 2 setup, so there is a level that stage 1 is not enough, to prevent the wheel hop, or there would be no need for a stage 2. Some prefer no vibs, so it looks like they both have a good background.

As far as data goes, they BOTH have the same amount, both have been field tested successful. So lets not call the kettle black.

1 has no vibs (OTT stage 1)

1 is a bit more with vibs, than the stage 1 (OTT stage 2)

1 is a bit cheaper with vibs (TTR SMM)

Each has their own benifit.
Old 01-11-2009, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by TurboTechRacing

couldnt have said it better myself
Old 01-11-2009, 06:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I just installed a set of the StageII OTTP "full race mounts".

Let me tell you, they are bitchin'.

Zero wheel hop, and vibration level almost completely indistiguishable from stock. HUGE difference compared to polys(what was taken out to install the OTTP rotated mounts)

This is on a 280+whp/300wtq SS/TC.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
Banned

I have the ttr mounts and love them.. The bottom line is the cobalt has a cheap interior that will vibrate more than say a toyota or honda will, an easier solution is to run to good mounts and fix the individual vibrations as they occur....
Old 01-11-2009, 07:06 PM

^x2. Try putting a Sub in the cobalt. Rattles it to ****. Buy yourself some dynomat or less expensive substitute and fix rattles as they appear.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:20 PM

Received 265 Likes on 224 Posts
put a sub in any car and itll rattle.

the problem with the balts is the driveline angle when lowered. rubber mounts wont transmit that into the car nearly as much. throw urethane in and at idle you have the normal poly mount vibration that any car gets, but when ya get on the throttle you get the driveline vibration. most cars dont get that, but the axle ange causes it and its extremly annoying.

i have urethane in my car right now, i have a set of ott mounts on order, ill let you know the difference i feel when i get em.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:48 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mimmsey
I have the ttr mounts and love them.. The bottom line is the cobalt has a cheap interior that will vibrate more than say a toyota or honda will, an easier solution is to run to good mounts and fix the individual vibrations as they occur....
Most "economy" cars have rattles, mounts or not LOL