Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

catastrophic failure: cv axles

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 214 Likes on 173 Posts
^^ troof!
Old 11-02-2009, 02:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i was just sticking up for him and im sorry it seems many ppl on here either are like 16 with there parents money, or are in the military spending all there money on there car thanks for the protection guys seriously. Mike knows alot bout what hes tryen to accomplish and knew what he was gettin into. When he is slammed/dropped im sure he will be done the 100% proper way. not half ass just for looks like he had. Which was all he was going for at the time.
Old 11-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Just because something is slammed doesnt necessarily mean it looks good. you can have an aggressive stance and still function great and still handle great and get the wow factor without sacrificing everything else along the way

Originally Posted by fredds-turbaltSS
i was just sticking up for him and im sorry it seems many ppl on here either are like 16 with there parents money, or are in the military spending all there money on there car thanks for the protection guys seriously. Mike knows alot bout what hes tryen to accomplish and knew what he was gettin into. When he is slammed/dropped im sure he will be done the 100% proper way. not half ass just for looks like he had. Which was all he was going for at the time.
these sentences back to back dont go together lol

Last edited by 07MetallicSC; 11-02-2009 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-02-2009, 02:37 PM

meaning he had done it just to get it done, he was not finished with his suspension..he even posted earlier sayen he was goin go drive like a granny untill it was finished...
Old 11-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ff_drift_lol
cut my stock springs. a lot. now my tires are tucked. and I like my cobalt again.
sort of dangerous to drive. needs koni yellows. I'm basically riding on hydraulic fluid.
progress springs are going back in til then.
Old 11-02-2009, 03:58 PM

I don't understand why you think I got so mad. I was just trying to say let me do my thing and if I break more axles it's my problem. I've been researching this day and night and I obviously don't need any more "advice". It's a project that no one's ever tried with a cobalt. It's not like I don't have a backup set of springs I knew something was gonna happen. I got better advice on vwvortex than on here because cobalt owners aren't into this type of ****.
I know some of the idiots on vwvortex I also know that a lot of their "slammed" vehicles break a lot of **** as well. And maybe you got advice from the people that are great at breaking vw's instead of the cobalt guys because the cobalt guys know if they drop that much they will start breaking ****. Also give me one reason how being that low is a good idea? I mean is it for the massive amount of suspension travel you get? or the soft creamy smooth ride that your car now has? Honestly your cars not even safe for the road. In comifornia they would be fining the hell out of you for that crap...
Old 11-02-2009, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what still boggles my mind is her goes on poeples posts on COTM and calls them ricers and **** for how their car looks but then puts hard wood flooring in his trunk, does a martha stewart mod and cuts his springs in half and then asks for peoples advice, when he gets it, its not what he wants to hear and tells me to **** off. I seriously hope you get your car back together, snap another axle and flip your car off the highway doing 100mph...that would be awesome
Old 11-03-2009, 01:48 AM
Banned

if you don't like it stop ******* posting on my thread. I will be posting my progress from now on. this is retarded, it's a bunch of know nothing haters just talking **** on my style. I thought I might find some good sources on this forum but I never do. The few sources I have found already gave me the advice they could and it's helped me a lot. now you're all just talking ****. I actually work on cars for a living and I guarantee not one of you can even do a proper brake job. I found the information I needed now I am done hearing your worthless opinions. This thread will be closed as soon as I get a hold of a mod.

as far as talking **** on cotm, do I not have a right to share my honest opinion? I hate high rises and mexican interior jobs. and I mostly hate ******* wheel gap. sorry guys I'm not your typical cobalt owner.

Originally Posted by CordiaDOHC
Also give me one reason how being that low is a good idea?
one good reason:
it looks ******* dope.

Last edited by ff_drift_lol; 11-03-2009 at 01:48 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-03-2009, 02:17 AM
Banned

if you don't like it stop ******* posting on my thread. I will be posting my progress from now on. this is retarded, it's a bunch of know nothing haters just talking **** on my style. I thought I might find some good sources on this forum but I never do. The few sources I have found already gave me the advice they could and it's helped me a lot. now you're all just talking ****. I actually work on cars for a living and I guarantee not one of you can even do a proper brake job. I found the information I needed now I am done hearing your worthless opinions. This thread will be closed as soon as I get a hold of a mod.

as far as talking **** on cotm, do I not have a right to share my honest opinion? I hate high rises and mexican interior jobs. and I mostly hate ******* wheel gap. sorry guys I'm not your typical cobalt owner.

one good reason:
it looks ******* dope.
yea you have a right to voice your opinion...just like i have the right to say you are a retard and are ******* your cobalt up cost you tons of money when you could just go buy a simple set of lowering springs for $300. And on another note...i have done a brake job, changed my rotors, pads, changed to SS Lines and different fluid...only thing i didnt change was the calibers themselves. Once again...just like your friend, think about what your saying before making a bold statement like that...i bet you never swapped engines/transmission to a 46 tank in 30mins like this....lol

by the way...im just doing what your info states....im just trolling your posts, because whenever i think you cant come up with something more dumb you come out with something more fucked up.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:23 AM
Banned

again...springs will drop me maximum 2.5 inches. I want lower. I said I am willing to pay to play. and is that you sitting on the side twiddling your thumbs? I'm sure you really dropped that fully assembled engine in that tank you're not allowed to touch.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:25 AM

ibtl
Old 11-03-2009, 02:26 AM
Banned

lol wtf does that mean?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:27 AM

in before thread lock
Old 11-03-2009, 02:28 AM
Banned

ahahahaha love it
Old 11-03-2009, 02:30 AM
Banned

again...springs will drop me maximum 2.5 inches. I want lower. I said I am willing to pay to play. and is that you sitting on the side twiddling your thumbs? I'm sure you really dropped that fully assembled engine in that tank you're not allowed to touch.
actualy no, im obviously the one taking the picture...why dont you think im not allowed touching it..my job is to drive the tank, when it breaks down i do the maintnence on it...whatever is over my head...ie. stuff im not qualified to do, i send it to the mechanics.

Anywho...if you want lowering why not buy a set of coil overs or air ride system with the proper axles and whatnot that will support the mods....be alot smarter then cutting your springs in half.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:35 AM
Banned

I did it to try it out, I like it so much I'm keeping it til I get coilovers. everything else is fixed. why is this so hard to understand? I can't believe they let you drive a ******* tank. No wonder so many people get killed in iraq.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:41 AM

one good reason:
it looks ******* dope.
All your voting and posting rights are now revoked due to your means of modifying a car and your usage word usage of the word "DOPE". Dope does explain your suspension though..... Because only a dope would do something that stupid.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:42 AM
Banned

eat my ass you woman.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:46 AM

.... "it's a bunch of know nothing haters just talking **** on my style" ...
Yeah, thats what it is.... I think it has to do with your style being that of a ricer. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:14 AM
Banned

Tuckin wheels and coppin feels.
Doin things, Cuttin springs.
Doin work, Scrapin dirt.
Dumpin whips and stealin chicks.
If sparks dont fly, your rides too high.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:20 AM

LMAO oh my god i can only imagine how gay you are in person.

Seriously... that must be your life motto.. Your such a ******* its not even funny lol.

People who take shots are the ones with the problems themselves. Yes, you work on cars for a living, yet you still managed to think that cutting your springs would be a good idea, even for looks. No i cant do a brake job, nor can i put the turbo kit on my car that i have.. it just somehow magically ******* appeared there..

You dont understand that were not knocking you because you want your car lowered... its the "im on a car forum that doesnt tell me i wanna hear so im going to call them stupid" attitude that is making people lash out at you.

You keep saying you know how to work on cars but im failing to see any truth to that statement the more you type.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:57 AM

If you're willing to pay to play why didn't you get coilovers or airbags in the first place instead of doing a mod that looks stupid and makes the car handle like ****?

Although getting advice from VWVortex does explain a lot. It's like saying "Don't worry, I'm a great mechanic! I learned everything I need to know from HondaTech!"
Old 11-03-2009, 11:01 AM

Tuckin wheels and coppin feels.
Doin things, Cuttin springs.
Doin work, Scrapin dirt.
Dumpin whips and stealin chicks.
If sparks dont fly, your rides too high.
I guess you can't win em all.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Banned

I can't believe they let you drive a ******* tank. No wonder so many people get killed in iraq.

Quoted for all the armed forces on here to see. Not cool dude. Regardless of you being a tool/ignorant, that crossed a line.

Good luck with your half-assed setup.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:19 AM

this thread is full of roflcopters

and op you are most certainly a **** waffle

Originally Posted by njg5gt
Quoted for all the armed forces on here to see. Not cool dude. Regardless of you being a tool/ignorant, that crossed a line.

Good luck with your half-assed setup.
exactly what i was thinking.. i'm not even in the forces and that pisses me off.. people out there are fighting their ass off to keep our sorry asses safe.. not to mention statistically less people die in iraq every year then from car accidents

Last edited by elecblue06; 11-03-2009 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: catastrophic failure: cv axles