Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

catastrophic failure: cv axles

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol I love how any time ralli gets hated on its always something about that damn head ****. Cracks me up for some reason.
Old 11-08-2009, 09:16 PM

cause its funny as ****. c'mon who the hell torques head bolts to 22 ft/lbs?? thats just common sense
Old 11-08-2009, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by whyyoumadson?
cause its funny as ****. c'mon who the hell torques head bolts to 22 ft/lbs?? thats just common sense
I dont know the whole story behind it, but people do make mistakes. Mabey he torqued them down on the first go around and went inside to **** and forgot and got sidetracked. And he obviously fixed it so i dont see what the big deal is. I mean it happened, we all giggled, move on. And like wise the OP wanted to lower the **** outta his car, fucked up, and is now getting coil-overs (think thats what i read). Is it that hard for people to just say that messed up or made a dumb decision without getting butt hurt about it? And for people to keep being immature about it and throwing it in their face later on in the future?
Old 11-08-2009, 10:01 PM

ralli could use his own quote to sum it up...

you don't deserve props, you deserve to be slapped cause of how big a moron you are.
Old 11-08-2009, 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by bj's05balt
I dont know the whole story behind it, but people do make mistakes. Mabey he torqued them down on the first go around and went inside to **** and forgot and got sidetracked. And he obviously fixed it so i dont see what the big deal is. I mean it happened, we all giggled, move on. And like wise the OP wanted to lower the **** outta his car, fucked up, and is now getting coil-overs (think thats what i read). Is it that hard for people to just say that messed up or made a dumb decision without getting butt hurt about it? And for people to keep being immature about it and throwing it in their face later on in the future?
no because the proper torque spec is 22 ft/lbs PLUS 155 degree's. if you really think 22 ft/lbs is enough to hold down high cylinder pressures from boost, you are on crack
Old 11-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Banned

I didn't have to disassemble the struts to put them on a lathe, what are you crazy? yes I will have coilovers hopefully by december. I just dropped 600 on axles and **** so it's gonna take a little to save up some more.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:11 AM

no because the proper torque spec is 22 ft/lbs PLUS 155 degree's. if you really think 22 ft/lbs is enough to hold down high cylinder pressures from boost, you are on crack
No that wasnt what i was saying at all. What i meant was mabey he torqued it down to 22ft/lbs, got the ruggles, masterbated, and when he went back to work on the car forgot what happened. Again i dont know the whole story as to exactly what happened.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ff_drift_lol
I didn't have to disassemble the struts to put them on a lathe, what are you crazy? yes I will have coilovers hopefully by december. I just dropped 600 on axles and **** so it's gonna take a little to save up some more.
really? so how did you spin the rods while they were still attached to the cylinder?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:32 PM
Banned

I know you wanna spin my rod homo boy.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
really? so how did you spin the rods while they were still attached to the cylinder?
Hmmmm, I like the way he comes back with nothing but a lame joke on that one.
Old 11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
Banned

the chuck is hollow, you can run it all the way through. have you ever used a lathe?
Old 11-09-2009, 03:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
22ft/lbs is for the stock head studs. I originally tq'ed them to that, then found out that I had them wrong since I was using ARP studs and retq'ed them to the ARP specs. Then I cracked a sleeve for reasons unknown. No leaks, no knock, only 19degrees of timing using water/meth.

I don't see how my **** has anything to do with cut springs and machined shocks. Mine wasn't a fatal error. The torquing of the head had nothing to do with the sleeve cracking.

And my **** is being rebuilt already, a lot more aggressive this time around.

I don't see anything wrong with napa or the machine shop I used. They were and still are top notch, and they are doing the work on my engine again.

but go to NAPA. cause you get the good stuff. lulz napa built LSJ ftl
lol, I hope you drive a cobalt so you can realize just how slow you are compared to the people that sink not only money, but lots of time into their cars. Napa didn't "build" my lsj, they sent the head off to a machine shop in KC, when it came back, the machinest in the back did my valve work and installed my valve springs. That's it. I put the engine together with my own two hands, crank, rods, pistons, head, timing chain, all bolts, oils, lubs, gaskets, everything. ME. And it would destroy any cobalt of yours.

Last edited by ralliartist; 11-09-2009 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-09-2009, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yea but... ur car is yellow....
Old 11-09-2009, 04:01 PM

After all this, I still <3 ya Mike.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:11 PM
Banned

the chuck is hollow, you can run it all the way through. have you ever used a lathe?
yes, and i'd really like to see how you supposedly done this, cause i still think you're full of ****. the way to shorten a strut rod is to cut it and reweld it, not to use a lathe to chop it and cut more threads on the tip.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by recklessactn
yea but... ur car is yellow....
this is true. Wasn't a choice though. It was the last brand new '06 left on the lot in March of '07. So of course I got a deal.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:58 PM

your real proud of your 13.2 on slicks huh? fkn lol at your slow ass ****
Old 11-09-2009, 05:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
yes, and i'd really like to see how you supposedly done this, cause i still think you're full of ****. the way to shorten a strut rod is to cut it and reweld it, not to use a lathe to chop it and cut more threads on the tip.
what the hell? who cares man it works fine. I'd rather machine it than weld it that sounds half assed to me.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:19 PM
Banned

what the hell? who cares man it works fine. I'd rather machine it than weld it that sounds half assed to me.
if welding the strut sounds half assed to you, you yet again, clearly don't know wtf you're talking about.

you should just stop trying to bullshit people
Old 11-09-2009, 06:24 PM
Banned

yeah cause bullshitting gets me through my day. why can't people appreciate this project for what it is and stop picking at everything I do? it's so frustrating it almost makes me want to throw in the towel. I'm gathering tons of useful information for myself and other cobalt owners through trial and error, why am I such a bad guy?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:39 PM

yeah cause bullshitting gets me through my day. why can't people appreciate this project for what it is and stop picking at everything I do? it's so frustrating it almost makes me want to throw in the towel. I'm gathering tons of useful information for myself and other cobalt owners through trial and error, why am I such a bad guy?
IMO this is the most immature site ive been on. Everyone on here hates on everyone for the dumbest reasons ever. I think just the fact that you came on her asking for input on your idea to fix your CV problem, and people not agreeing with you just escalated to a bunch of retarded bullshit. Really this thread should be 5 pages long with information. Not 10+ with a bunch of uhhh your cars yellow..... and your cars got wood floor. Really what are we 11? Is it that damn hard for people to share there opinion without crying and getting butt hurt anymore?

Drift, in all honesty your car is ugly to me. But its not my car so that does not mean ****. IT IS YOUR CAR. YOU DO WHAT EVER YOU WANT TO IT. Personally i appreciate that your doing work and recearch to do with it what you want. And guess what? im not a appearance mod guy. I like performance and racing. Only reason i would lower my car is to make it perform better. So if i can STFU and have a little bit of respect for the guy, why the **** cant anyone else?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:53 PM
Banned

I think it's absolutely ridiculous that everyone is saying I am not listening to people. I took all of the useful info and made my own conclusions. I get the idea now, and I know the "right way" is not my way because these cars were never meant to be this low. you don't see me coming on your threads bashing on you when you roast map sensors and trannies from using nls like a 15 year old in his mom's bmw. I guess cause no one buys a cobalt with this kind of stuff in mind.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:57 PM

your real proud of your 13.2 on slicks huh? fkn lol at your slow ass ****
you don't give up do you? No I'm not proud of that. That was simple bolt on ****, and using slicks that were way too big. Those slicks rubbed the suspension slowing me down.

LMAO, keep trying there douchebag. You obviously are jealous about something.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Banned

Shut up you ******* ***** go talk about your stupid slicks somewhere else
Old 11-09-2009, 07:02 PM
Banned

lol..

Quick Reply: catastrophic failure: cv axles