Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

clutch?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 03:34 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutch?

i have a 06 sssc with stage 2 with magnaflow muffler . my stock clutch is going out anytime and im wanting to get a good clutch for the car perhaps new lightweight flywheel. i still want dependability would a stage 2 clutch from perhaps exedy last longer than a stock clutch? how do they drive i heard from some one that if i get a stage 2 clutch and im stopped at a light it would jolt under easy accelaration? i want a comfortable ride since i drive about 25k miles a year highway. whats the cheapest place i can get them from? thanks for your help!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:50 PM

I'n not messin with ya cause you're fairly new here but the fastest way to get the info you want would be to search the forum.
Your questions have been asked a million times before and I'm sure you can get quicker answers with a search than waiting for people to respond.

I never tried an aftermarket clutch or flywheel in my car so sorry, I can't give ya the answers. But they are right at your fingertips!
Old 08-31-2007, 03:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by DrPuttsSS/SC
I'n not messin with ya cause you're fairly new here but the fastest way to get the info you want would be to search the forum.
Your questions have been asked a million times before and I'm sure you can get quicker answers with a search than waiting for people to respond.

I never tried an aftermarket clutch or flywheel in my car so sorry, I can't give ya the answers. But they are right at your fingertips!
qft.

any time you go with a lighter flywheel and stronger clutch, it's going to change feel.

if it is still mostly a street car, i would go with a heavy duty standard clutch and a stock flywheel, and here is why.

when you lighten a flywheel, it's going to give you less weight on the engine, so it will have more power, however, it will mess with your idle and rev up/down. the car will be faster and rev faster, but it will also rev down slower and often seem a little "off" at lower RPM.

basically, with clutches, there are heavier duty models and puck style ones. the puck clutches are mostly for racing and (from what i've seen) kinda suck if you have to drive them like a sane person.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:23 PM

Try this: https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/show...ghlight=clutch