Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Do I Have A Lsd???

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bluntgasm
i've done burnouts before
Yea, but only one of the wheels was probably spinning when you did the burn out if you don't have the LSD.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by chevyracing19
LSD = Limited slip differential

A.K.A. No more one wheel burnouts
wrong, guys you can do 2 wheels burnouts without LSD please do some research, if you dont believe me ill post my pretty damn good burnout, and my car has no LSD
Old 08-19-2006, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
wrong, guys you can do 2 wheels burnouts without LSD please do some research, if you dont believe me ill post my pretty damn good burnout, and my car has no LSD
Yea, now that you say that, DUH! My old truck didn't have LSD and I could spin both tires. Sorry for the misinformation.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by cobss187
wow ur a ****** **********, no need to be a douche bag about things bro. And yes I am advising ppl on things because my friend does in fact have the LSD and no recaros so maybe its a **** up at the dealer or something, and as far as the window sticker comment... i didnt know if there was an extra sicker near the vin/inspection stickers or not, i wouldnt know because i dont have the g85 myself so there ya go. I dont know y ur such a ******** wen i didnt do **** to you, havin a bad day buddy? Someone **** in ur cheerios?
dude i dont know how many threads ive seen you reply on, but the reason i am such a "**********" is because it seems like you really have no clue what you are talking about half the time. and you say your friends car sticks bettter but dont give us any idea of when it does so, so please inform us, i would also love to see pics of your friends car's LSD, and maybe he didnt get a **** up, what did he pay for the car? hell for all we know the dealer charged him the price of the G85 and pulled out the recaros. and a window sticker is what is on the cars when they are on the dealer, guess where they are at IN THE WINDOW, its a huge white piece of paper with details and options listed about the car
Old 08-19-2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by sptbkfn01
Yea, now that you say that, DUH! My old truck didn't have LSD and I could spin both tires. Sorry for the misinformation.
people are very ignorant as to what an LSD actually does, it has been discussed on this site app. 5,200,318 times on this site, search people search
Old 08-19-2006, 11:04 PM

people are very ignorant as to what an LSD actually does, it has been discussed on this site app. 5,200,318 times on this site, search people search
Dude! Who pissed in your Wheaties?? Calm down. We all make mistakes.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by sptbkfn01
Dude! Who pissed in your Wheaties?? Calm down. We all make mistakes.
im not mad man im just stating the truth!

It just seems that you're attacking everyone. Sorry. I'll shut up now.

Good ******* greif. Can anyone awnser the man's question with a honest no chance in hell it's wrong awnser?

Jack your car's front end up and leave it in neutral. Spin one tire by hand. Of the other tire spins in the opposite direction you do not have the Limited slip.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:12 PM

no he bought it brand new and ive even driven it and it sticks much better than my car without it. So it must have been a dealer "**** up" i guess i was under the wrong impression. As for the other guy that posted something about wut i wrote.... if you dont like it then dont read it, no one is forcing you to read anything you dont want to, and as for the "bad words", im from ny thats how everyone talks, just deal with it, i guess that just makes me a piece of ****, whoops i did it again! but im sry i didnt know i was offending ppl on the site .................................................. ...........................................
But other than that, its great how he insults me and then everyone else jumps all over my ass too, nice bunch of guys we got here
https://www.cobaltss.net/rules.php

Here's a thought, why don't you try reading the rules for posting on the site first. Oh and the notion of offending anyone with your colorful language is simply too laughable. All it does it make Cobalt owners and this site look bad. Here's some advice. To be taken seriously as an adult, you can make your point without swearing.

The funniest part of all was I originally thought the other guy was being a little harsh on you in his post. Then I read yours...............
Old 08-19-2006, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by 06G5GT
https://www.cobaltss.net/rules.php

Here's a thought, why don't you try reading the rules for posting on the site first. Oh and the notion of offending anyone with your colorful language is simply too laughable. All it does it make Cobalt owners and this site look bad. Here's some advice. To be taken seriously as an adult, you can make your point without swearing.

The funniest part of all was I originally thought the other guy was being a little harsh on you in his post. Then I read yours...............
only harsh becuase i held my tongue for the first several stupid comments he made in other threads
Old 08-19-2006, 11:54 PM

only harsh becuase i held my tongue for the first several stupid comments he made in other threads
That's why I said a "little" harsh. It wasn't anything close to an insult.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:57 PM
Site Founder

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
GUYS... play nice I don't want to ban anyone here
Old 08-20-2006, 12:04 AM

Hatrickstu, youre right, without LSD two wheel burnouts are still VERY possible, however, terrain permitting, the odd time you will only spin one tire. Hence LSD will eliminate that rare occasion.

Also, I said no more one wheel burnouts becasue i drive a car much slower and less powerful than an SS/SC, so i can only spin both tires in the rain!

SOrry if I posted wrong or misinformed you

Old 08-20-2006, 01:23 AM

Originally Posted by 2fastSS
man im sorry to put u out there but i had a black ss/sc with no recaros and a lsd....so yeah
HA!! told you guys, i bet there were a few made if it wasnt a dealer **** up cause thats 2 rite there
Old 08-20-2006, 01:28 AM

dude i dont know how many threads ive seen you reply on, but the reason i am such a "**********" is because it seems like you really have no clue what you are talking about half the time. and you say your friends car sticks bettter but dont give us any idea of when it does so, so please inform us, i would also love to see pics of your friends car's LSD, and maybe he didnt get a **** up, what did he pay for the car? hell for all we know the dealer charged him the price of the G85 and pulled out the recaros. and a window sticker is what is on the cars when they are on the dealer, guess where they are at IN THE WINDOW, its a huge white piece of paper with details and options listed about the car
you dont seem to read english well, i wouldnt know about the sticker because i dont have the g85 (for the 4th time)

and obviously wen i was speaking about his car sticking better it was off a launch and on tight cornering, which is where the LSD is most useful.... come on now, you should have known that

Last edited by cobss187; 08-20-2006 at 10:38 PM.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:29 AM

i cant believe all this happened just because my friends got a LSD on his with no recaros and you didnt believe that they released it from the factory like that.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ALRITE....let me try and settle this.

the LSD was NEVER released WITH OUT the recaro's from the PLANT.

END OF STORY.

also you can do a 2wheel burout with out the LSD and you can do a SHORT 1wheel burnout WITH the lsd.

its the way our unit works..TBD(tq biasing diff)....it send power to the wheel with the most grip BUT some power does still go to the wheel with out grip so it still may spin.

The lordstown plant manager is a close friend of mine so i know my info aobut the LSD only with recaros is correct.

hope this clears **** up.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
not all the cars came with both the recaros and the lsd. If you have a g85 package then you have both, but some cars just came with either the recaros or the lsd. I know someone who has lsd but no recaros so it is possible being that the salsesperson didnt mention anything about a g85 to you. Take a look for yourself or bring it to a mechanic to have them look for you.
All reports show g85 as a pkg. No recaro's = no lsd. Having recaro's from factory = having LSD from factory.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WickedSS2005
All reports show g85 as a pkg. No recaro's = no lsd. Having recaro's from factory = having LSD from factory.
rite on.
Old 08-20-2006, 02:41 AM

yep i forgot you know the kid better than I do and you know his car, its not worth arguing anymore, I know what i drove/saw, so idc.
Old 08-20-2006, 03:01 AM

Inside the glove box their should be a sticker that lists the RPO codes. G85 is the RPO code for limited slip. If it does not have it then you don't have LSD, at least from the factory. Like others have said the RPO code G85 is designated MAINLY by LSD, but includes the recaros...they are not a seperate package unless the dealership has modified it independently.
Old 08-20-2006, 11:47 AM

you dont seem to read english well, i wouldnt know about the sticker because i dont have the g85 (for the 4th time)
HOLY COW MAN!!! EVERY NEW CAR HAS A DEALER WINDOW STICKER IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH G85
Old 08-20-2006, 11:48 AM

yep i forgot you know the kid better than I do and you know his car, its not worth arguing anymore, I know what i drove/saw, so idc.
we just want proof man because who knows maybe your friend has the rarest cobalt around
Old 08-20-2006, 11:51 AM

Well, when i bought this car from the dealer, he told me it was "the top of the line model" I ASKED THE DUDE if it had the LSD he said, yep, sure does. come to find out now, no recaro's, NO LSD, NO sunroof. (well i knew it had no sunroof, he lead me to belive it was an option and not part of any special package since my car had it) Im not happy cause i just spent 19K on this car, do i have ANY options here?? I would have never bought it without the lsd, and to know now that i could have recaro seats god damnit really makes me mad!! had the car 2 monts now. I would love to take it back to the dealership and shove it, get my $$ back. I alrady have had a multituded of problems with the car as it is, warranty work.

Quick Reply: Do I Have A Lsd???