Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Do I Have A Lsd???

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2006, 12:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lildrummerboyss
Well, when i bought this car from the dealer, he told me it was "the top of the line model" I ASKED THE DUDE if it had the LSD he said, yep, sure does. come to find out now, no recaro's, NO LSD, NO sunroof. (well i knew it had no sunroof, he lead me to belive it was an option and not part of any special package since my car had it) Im not happy cause i just spent 19K on this car, do i have ANY options here?? I would have never bought it without the lsd, and to know now that i could have recaro seats god damnit really makes me mad!! had the car 2 monts now. I would love to take it back to the dealership and shove it, get my $$ back. I alrady have had a multituded of problems with the car as it is, warranty work.
Same thing happened to me, the salesmen told me all Cobalts came w/ LSD after I had specifically asked him if it had it. To make a long story short GM and the dealership did nothing.
Old 08-20-2006, 12:22 PM

Well, when i bought this car from the dealer, he told me it was "the top of the line model" I ASKED THE DUDE if it had the LSD he said, yep, sure does. come to find out now, no recaro's, NO LSD, NO sunroof. (well i knew it had no sunroof, he lead me to belive it was an option and not part of any special package since my car had it) Im not happy cause i just spent 19K on this car, do i have ANY options here?? I would have never bought it without the lsd, and to know now that i could have recaro seats god damnit really makes me mad!! had the car 2 monts now. I would love to take it back to the dealership and shove it, get my $$ back. I alrady have had a multituded of problems with the car as it is, warranty work.
yea take it back and tell them they lied to you, you can always go throught the BBB, or give chevrolet a call. you always gotta check things out for yourself, car dealers are some of the least knowledgeable people when it comes to knowing cars
Old 08-20-2006, 04:37 PM

I have never met a car salesman in my life that knew 1 damn thing about the cars they sold. Plus there are XXX amount of cars on the lot so they cant know all the features on every car anyway. Thats what the window sticker (on all cars) and the internet are for... If you ask me, the best car salesman is the one that can write up the paperwork the fastest and get me the hell out of there.

P.S. the dealer probably took the recaro seats out and swapped them on one of the employees cobalts for a little cash on the side...
Old 08-20-2006, 04:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by cobss187
yep i forgot you know the kid better than I do and you know his car, its not worth arguing anymore, I know what i drove/saw, so idc.

dont get upset here i'm simply stateing that from GM's end of things its an impossibility.

the dealer might have done the lsd on there own but i find that horribly hard to beleve.
Old 08-20-2006, 04:50 PM

open the hood, look down at the tranny, on it it will say GM along with some numbers and a barcode and beside it, it shoud say LSD, thats how mine is anyway.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:11 PM

if you can get a look at the top of the bell houseing it'll say LSD on a black label.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:13 PM

What the hell happend here? You'd swear a bunch of morons came over from .com to spread some stupidity over here.

No Recaros from factory, no LSD from factory. The end.

Also, the best and only real way to test if your Cobalt does have an LSD without looking up codes and such, is to take it around a sharp right hand turn and juice it through the turn. If that inside tire leaves a smoked screen, then it most likely does not have an LSD biasing power to both wheels.

Now then, all of you idiots go back to .com where you belong....you know who you are.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:29 PM

i'll be more then happy enough to send you the build invoice if you pm me the VIN#, maybe finally put all these arguments to rest. if not then you need proof that it was installed after the fact. I order these cars every week, the G85 package can only be ordered with the recaros since the car came out. unless they serious messed up in the factory (which an option like that wouldn't be added by mistake) then the MAIN THIS IS THIS. THE SALESMAN KNOWS LESS THAN YOU DO ABOUT THE CAR AND LIED TO YOU!!!!!! you have to prove he lied. My salespeople are just as ignorant and ask me to talk to all cobalt customers. then i can explain what LSD is and which one of the cars on the lot have it!

again, send me the vin or last eight digits and i'll email you the invoice and prove what is up. quit the bikkering guys.

lildrummerboyss >> skip the salesman, the new car manager, any sales manager and ask to speak directly with the General Manager or the owner directly. Call the dealership before hand and ask the name of the dealership and owner ( they will lie about this in person prolly) If they refuse to talk to you when you get there then you go to the BBB better business bureau. then go to an action news channel if need be. i hope someone else heard him say it has it. get witnesses.

If i can help please pm me
Good Luck
Old 08-20-2006, 05:34 PM
Banned

Cool

yes there is a black lable on the top of my tranny too that says LSD and some numbers after it. it's kinda hard to see and you might have to move some wires and stuff around a bit but it's there. hope this helps you out man! by the way i'd go back to the dealership and talk to the sales manager and tell him the salesman lied to you. if you paid 19K for your car it's probably not equipped with a G85 package. my window sticker said like 25K and i got it for like 22K. good luck buddy!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by BullDog71ss
What the hell happend here? You'd swear a bunch of morons came over from .com to spread some stupidity over here.

No Recaros from factory, no LSD from factory. The end.

Also, the best and only real way to test if your Cobalt does have an LSD without looking up codes and such, is to take it around a sharp right hand turn and juice it through the turn. If that inside tire leaves a smoked screen, then it most likely does not have an LSD biasing power to both wheels.

Now then, all of you idiots go back to .com where you belong....you know who you are.
no bulldog not morons its a single moron that is invading this thread, my bet is on the guy that swears we are all wrong about his friends car
Old 08-20-2006, 09:13 PM

hahaha yah funny thing is man same **** happened to me i drove all the way up to maryland which is like 1 1/2 away to buy my car because that was the only one with the special package close to my town that had the recaros and everythin

get there and look in the window and i tell my dad no recaros...so i was pretty damn pissed and saw a red ss/sc next to it that had the package haha i guess i was to ignorant and had my mind set on a black ss/sc so i just bought

2 months later when a orange ss/sc arrived at my dealership and i drove by it every morning it just haunted me...beautiful car and lsd, onstar, and recaros
I was like **** this and bought the car haha with just a higher car payment but idc its worth every penny also car payment went up 65 dollars with me loosing 4 grand on the black one

For the two months that i had the black ss/sc i tried to go to the dealership to get recaros put in my car because i like the tight support they give you...GM wouldnt allow it....I called up the dealership also and they basically said then why did you buy it?? In all truth they were right and i was just arrogant to buy the car because of how bad i didnt want my honda anymore....

All i can say is either keep it and be happy with it or.....just buy a used 06 ss/sc with recaros i mean their not that hard to find.... Either way your going to be screwed

lifes a lesson...so learn from it
Old 08-20-2006, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by hatrickstu
HOLY COW MAN!!! EVERY NEW CAR HAS A DEALER WINDOW STICKER IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH G85
you made it sound like as if there was something else on the car that listed it in your post before by the way u made it sound, im aware of the paper they put in the window, aside from that im not bothering to come back to this thread so just say w.e u want idc im not wasting any more of my time