Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Exedy Clutch installed (a few Pic)

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Exedy clutch kicks ass! I love it, I just hate the fact that I got to see its beauty today once again!
Old 07-09-2007, 07:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how are spec clutches?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Coblt ss super
how are spec clutches?
They are still having issues with them, I'd seriously stay away from them.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by BlackSS/SC
They are still having issues with them, I'd seriously stay away from them.
whats the best clutch out there right now? and do you have to change the flywheel if u change the clutch?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Coblt ss super
whats the best clutch out there right now? and do you have to change the flywheel if u change the clutch?
The Exedy is the only setup that no one has had a problem with. It comes with the Clutch dish, pressure plate and flywheel.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 AM
syP

my mistake... it was the SPEC clutch... a few threads down.... not the exedy
Old 07-10-2007, 01:26 AM

My dealer is installing the exedy hyper single right now! Should be out later today after a view other warranty issues.... sooo excited and yet nervous cause I hope it turns out good.....
Old 07-10-2007, 08:07 AM

let us know how it turns out for you.
Old 07-13-2007, 01:38 PM

Alright all done. The clutch is in... the effort to push the clutch in is significantly harder to push then stock. I went cruising for about an hour and I had to come home lol my calfs were hurting!

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THE EXEDY CLUTCH PLEASE GIMME SOME ADVICE ON HOW YOURS WORKS!!!!!
Alright heres my story... I notice that with the exedy clutch when you are starting from a dead stop I can not get a nice smooth start in... it always jerks a little bit. The best way to start it is like find the engagement point and then rev it to like 1500 to 2000 and slowly let go of clutch... however its still a rough start... any one else get the same feeling? After I am already rolling like the shifts are really... if when you shift hard its great. I just can't get a good smooth start. The car is always a lil jumpy.
Second of all... for all people with the exedy clutch... if your in second gear and you give it full throttle to like.... 5000 rpm and then let go of the gas but don'ts break or press clutch does anyone hear like a vibrating noise from under the car? Almost as if something wasn't tightened properly? I really need people with the exedy to tell me how it drives and what noises your hear that are different from stock and stuff because if there are people out there that got the hyper single and don't have any of the problems as me then I get to bring my car back and they drop the tranny again and look at what was done wrong.
Over all though the clutch grips like ******* unreal!!! Absolutely no way I can make it slip even if I try. Just the two things I don't like are I can not start it smooth because the clutch just likes to skip itself untill I let the clutch go and when I give it gas in second and then let off I hear a like a vibrating noice. I NEED PEOPLES INPUT PLEASE!!
Old 07-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Former Vendor

Received 40 Likes on 34 Posts
We have sold 9 of these kits, to this day not a one has stated any issues or any negitive comments. They are all very positive! Seems like a great setup.
Old 07-13-2007, 02:11 PM

Same here we havnt had a complaint yet on the exedy setup.
Old 07-14-2007, 10:00 PM

Just wanted to add that I changed my slave cylinder and feed tube and got her running again. I absolutly love the Exedy, just gotta wait till it's broke in.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by a_bal
Alright all done. The clutch is in... the effort to push the clutch in is significantly harder to push then stock. I went cruising for about an hour and I had to come home lol my calfs were hurting!

IF ANYONE ELSE HAS THE EXEDY CLUTCH PLEASE GIMME SOME ADVICE ON HOW YOURS WORKS!!!!!
Alright heres my story... I notice that with the exedy clutch when you are starting from a dead stop I can not get a nice smooth start in... it always jerks a little bit. The best way to start it is like find the engagement point and then rev it to like 1500 to 2000 and slowly let go of clutch... however its still a rough start... any one else get the same feeling? After I am already rolling like the shifts are really... if when you shift hard its great. I just can't get a good smooth start. The car is always a lil jumpy.
Second of all... for all people with the exedy clutch... if your in second gear and you give it full throttle to like.... 5000 rpm and then let go of the gas but don'ts break or press clutch does anyone hear like a vibrating noise from under the car? Almost as if something wasn't tightened properly? I really need people with the exedy to tell me how it drives and what noises your hear that are different from stock and stuff because if there are people out there that got the hyper single and don't have any of the problems as me then I get to bring my car back and they drop the tranny again and look at what was done wrong.
Over all though the clutch grips like ******* unreal!!! Absolutely no way I can make it slip even if I try. Just the two things I don't like are I can not start it smooth because the clutch just likes to skip itself untill I let the clutch go and when I give it gas in second and then let off I hear a like a vibrating noice. I NEED PEOPLES INPUT PLEASE!!

what you are hearing is the sound that a puck style clutch makes during deceleration, its caller chattering or at least thats what i call it. If you push the clutch in it will go away. Its normal.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:26 AM

These symptoms are all normal. You have to remember you are driving with a 6-Puck semi race clutch. Engagament is very stiff, hence the tired calf, but you'll get used to it. The vibration/noise you hear when you let off is called "chatter," and it is normal for 6-Puck design clutches. This is because the disk is not solid all the way around like OE clutches. I love my Exedy clutch overall and it was great to finally be able to use it once again today! WOOT!
Old 07-15-2007, 02:40 AM

I appreciate everyones post and stuff.... but it's just so hard to get used to. I have never driven a car with a clutch as crazy as this. The gripping is unreal I just would like to hear other peoples opinions on how their exedy works.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:21 PM

My exedy should be hear next week, so i'll input soon!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:49 PM

My exedy came today it looks sweet, when i get time to install it i'll give my input, thanks to turbo tech racing for the great price and quick shipping!
Old 07-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Nuclear
My exedy came today it looks sweet, when i get time to install it i'll give my input, thanks to turbo tech racing for the great price and quick shipping!
No problem, we love using USPS Express Mail to Canada, I dont think you can get it their any faster than they do (3-5 business days from our shop to your door is amazing)
Old 07-26-2007, 07:32 AM

im assuming this clutch dosnt come with a slave cylinder ??
Old 07-26-2007, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor

^^^ No SPEC, Exedy, etc none that we know of come with this. Your OEM one should work and if it is damaged then your should replace it when you do the clutch.
Old 08-19-2007, 11:30 PM

Thought I would bring this thread back from the dead. Some good info in here. Makes me realize I should get this clutch/flywheel combo. Anyone else can chime in...would love to hear how yours is working if you had it for at least 10k miles.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:34 PM

how does the exedy compare for longevity? which clutch would last me longer i want better than stock but still have the same comfortable drive?
Old 09-07-2007, 01:41 AM

I have now had it for about two months and after it gets worked in a little bit it gets a little better to drive with. Still gripping like a son of a bitch. Still hard to get a good smooth start though like with stock... the thing just grabs as soon as the plate and flywheel touch... other then that great
Old 09-07-2007, 09:51 AM

I have now had it for about two months and after it gets worked in a little bit it gets a little better to drive with. Still gripping like a son of a bitch. Still hard to get a good smooth start though like with stock... the thing just grabs as soon as the plate and flywheel touch... other then that great
Thats good news. So clutch, flywheel and pressure plate all come with the exedy setup? I hope whatever is wrong with my stock setup is something that gets replaced with the exedy clutch setup. Knowing my luck the throw out bearing or slave sylinder will be whats wrong...=(