Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

GMPP Pedal Kit for Better Launch.. The Untold Secret

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 04:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up GMPP Pedal Kit for Better Launch.. The Untold Secret

I recently installed the GMPP Pedal Kit on my car and wow. What a difference. The clutch and brake pedals feel the same (obviously) because it's just a pedal cover. But the GAS pedal on the other hand... It's a whole new pedal (Requires some wrenching and patience). This pedal actually altered my ability to launch my car AMAZINGLY on the street. Keep in mind that I consider myself a good driver and I could always get off the line alright at least. But this is amazing. The gas pedal is almost double as stiff as the stock one and it allows for PREMIUM control of power and torque especially off the line. We all know how hard it is to control our power off the line with that SENSITIVE stock gas pedal. Which in turn gives us uncontrollable wheep hop etc.... Try these out. They look sexy and it's really worth it. I think this is an untold secret that is very underrated
Old 02-04-2009, 04:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
pics pics pics!!!! how much were they?
Old 02-04-2009, 04:20 PM

I havent taken pics yet but that's a good call! I will soon and I'll post them up. I got them as a Christmas present but they cost around $120 I believe.
Old 02-04-2009, 06:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How are they for heel and toe? Is the gap between the brake and throttle less than the stock setup?

Finding the pedals just a tick too far apart for the max effort braking while clicking off a couple of downshifts
Old 02-04-2009, 07:00 PM

whoa thats cool man. i was thinking about getting those, but mainly just for interior looks lol. but now i know they actually help haha
Old 02-04-2009, 07:05 PM

yeah i wanted these to but 120 is alot for pedals
Old 02-04-2009, 07:13 PM

Go aftermarket, you'll get more for your money. I absolutely love my MOMO pedals, I think I paid like 60 or 80, I don't remember. But they definitely feel better than the rubbish we get stock. There are pics in my gallery if you wanna see them.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:59 AM

i get rid of my wheel hop by letting go of the gas peddle and bringing it to ˝ throttle... i'd love to see pics though
Old 02-05-2009, 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by SS33
Go aftermarket, you'll get more for your money. I absolutely love my MOMO pedals, I think I paid like 60 or 80, I don't remember. But they definitely feel better than the rubbish we get stock. There are pics in my gallery if you wanna see them.
Those are just pedal covers though... what he's talking about is the GMPP gas pedal is the whole assembly and therefore feels different.
Old 02-05-2009, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by turboash
Those are just pedal covers though... what he's talking about is the GMPP gas pedal is the whole assembly and therefore feels different.
No kidding, I guess I didn't realize it replaced the entire pedal assy. I wonder if there is any way to get just the assy without the covers so I can keep my MOMO's. Or if we could find out exactly what they changed to possibly mod our stockers

OP.

You don't happen to have a pic of the new and old side by side do you? Or did you notice what they changed? Is it just a stiffer spring? Sorry it's been almost 2 years since I put mine on, I can't remember what the stock assy looked like exactly, I'm just assuming it runs on a spring
Old 02-05-2009, 01:30 PM

Did I miss something? Where are the pictures? Or where can I find them on line? Thanks.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:51 PM
Banned

It's just a pedal I don't know how it can change anything as far as grip? It's like saying stickers added 10 HP
Old 02-05-2009, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chevy cobalt 08
It's just a pedal I don't know how it can change anything as far as grip? It's like saying stickers added 10 HP
stiffer pedal allows for greater control on how much "gas" you give the car. its easier to give it what you want instead of having to back off..
Old 02-05-2009, 04:02 PM

I thought about getting them as well. I think i will now.

You can get them at CED: http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...P1304C211.aspx
Old 02-05-2009, 04:09 PM

You literally remove the entire gas pedal assembly. you unplug the sensor wired and put a whole new system in.

You're comment at the moment is like saying its still the same radio even though you get a different head unit.

The pedals do have a different feel
Old 02-05-2009, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by DaBuzzard
How are they for heel and toe? Is the gap between the brake and throttle less than the stock setup?

Finding the pedals just a tick too far apart for the max effort braking while clicking off a couple of downshifts
The gap is the same. Just a different/better feel. Stiffer throttle for maximum control of power

Originally Posted by SS33
No kidding, I guess I didn't realize it replaced the entire pedal assy. I wonder if there is any way to get just the assy without the covers so I can keep my MOMO's. Or if we could find out exactly what they changed to possibly mod our stockers

OP.

You don't happen to have a pic of the new and old side by side do you? Or did you notice what they changed? Is it just a stiffer spring? Sorry it's been almost 2 years since I put mine on, I can't remember what the stock assy looked like exactly, I'm just assuming it runs on a spring
The clutch and brake are just pedal covers for looks. I didn't take a picture of before and after but the GMPP gaas pedal has a much stiffer spring than the stock one. Same shape but different feel. And overall the 3 look sexy together. Once you put them on you'll notice that you actually have pedals haha. I never really noticed how invisible our stock cheap black rubber ones are until I started driving with my new ones and kept looking down there while I'm driving...

Originally Posted by EXsoccer1921
stiffer pedal allows for greater control on how much "gas" you give the car. its easier to give it what you want instead of having to back off..
Exactly.. With this throttle control it reassures you that you can give the car X amount of power while KNOWING you will not spin or hop. With the stock one you are guessing a lot of times and once you give it a little too much.... It's over It gives you such good control at bottom end.

Originally Posted by drop-n-destroy
I thought about getting them as well. I think i will now.

You can get them at CED: http://www.crateenginedepot.com/stor...P1304C211.aspx
Don't hesitate man. It's well worth it. Take my word... And also if you do I'd like to hear your input on the feel of it here in this thread... It's amazing

Last edited by ChriSS/SC; 02-05-2009 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-05-2009, 04:20 PM

IMO get REAL pedals, there is 2 i know of that are really good but css.net "rules" prevent me from linking you to the product, if u wanna know about them PM, they are absolutely amazing quality and will help alot with heel/toe.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OrngBalt
You literally remove the entire gas pedal assembly. you unplug the sensor wired and put a whole new system in.

You're comment at the moment is like saying its still the same radio even though you get a different head unit.

It's not just a cover it's the entire gas pedal assembly? I didn't know that... they look a bit funny tho that's the only thing that prevents me from getting them,
Old 02-05-2009, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by OrngBalt

Thanks. It's nice to hear that you're actually making sense out of this. The sensor is plugged into the new pedal. The spring is a lot stiffer. And everything together is just 10x sexier. It's well worth it IMO. If it wasn't I wouldn't take time to post this. Most people don't even consider these guys... TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM. YOULL NEVER REALIZE WHAT YOU WERE MISSING OUT ON UNTIL YOU TRY THEM OUT.

If there are any questions on installation... You can ask me. The "How to" forgot to mention a couple bolts to take out that make the whole assembly process a billion times easier.

It's not just a cover it's the entire gas pedal assembly? I didn't know that... they look a bit funny tho that's the only thing that prevents me from getting them,
Yes. The clutch and brake pedals are just covers to match though.

Last edited by ChriSS/SC; 02-05-2009 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Banned

Ah... maybe I'll think about getting them then. My gas pedal is a pain in the ****
Old 02-05-2009, 04:27 PM

Ah... maybe I'll think about getting them then. My gas pedal is a pain in the ****
since when did you came back!? :LOL:
Old 02-05-2009, 04:28 PM

And that's the case for most cobalt owners. It truly helps out. Looks + PERFORMANCE.

I'll be taking pictures very soon and I'll put them up on the OP
Old 02-05-2009, 04:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by drop-n-destroy
since when did you came back!? :LOL:
wow a long time ago lol do a search for the topic "hi guys"
Old 02-05-2009, 04:33 PM

Can somebody tell me what kind of material these things are made of. Crate Engine ad doesn't say. Dut they do look good. I don't know if they're pretty enough to stare at as I drive down the road though.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:37 PM
Banned

You don't see them driving? Unless maybe you have the seat all the way back.

Quick Reply: GMPP Pedal Kit for Better Launch.. The Untold Secret