Drivetrain Transmission, LSD, Clutch, Driveline, Axles...

Horrible sound on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2013, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Horrible sound on acceleration

So Today I woke up at 4am to drive across a couple counties for clinical in another hospital. I noticed the car didn't have too much pep, but that was all and I just cruised at 65 for 30 minutes there. After clinical, I was following my buddy in his G6 GT, I had a hard time keeping up, which surprised me. The car felt less peppy, and i noticed this weird sound from the cabin. All these thoughts ran through my mind: Tranny case, axles, exhaust leak. I'm hoping it's the exhaust leak and not the other two. I just rolled my windows down to listen to what it sounds like outside, and it sounds absolutely horrible. It's loud and nasty sounding. I can't get under the car now to take a look at it but maybe i can film a drive by so you guys can listen. It scares me because this is my first newish car i've owned and first car i've ever had to make payments on. If anyone could help, i'd appreciate it.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Pitbull2o08
So Today I woke up at 4am to drive across a couple counties for clinical in another hospital. I noticed the car didn't have too much pep, but that was all and I just cruised at 65 for 30 minutes there. After clinical, I was following my buddy in his G6 GT, I had a hard time keeping up, which surprised me. The car felt less peppy, and i noticed this weird sound from the cabin. All these thoughts ran through my mind: Tranny case, axles, exhaust leak. I'm hoping it's the exhaust leak and not the other two. I just rolled my windows down to listen to what it sounds like outside, and it sounds absolutely horrible. It's loud and nasty sounding. I can't get under the car now to take a look at it but maybe i can film a drive by so you guys can listen. It scares me because this is my first newish car i've owned and first car i've ever had to make payments on. If anyone could help, i'd appreciate it.
Sounds like blown flex or muffler
Old 11-15-2013, 04:57 PM

Edit* Just read last few sentences lol